Locked Together At The Wrist...

By FableSecrets

A/B/O Dynamics BakuDeku ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••­•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• Scentin... More

How It Starts
It's just instinct.. right?
Why do you smell like Bakugou?
Ignorance is Bliss
It all comes crashing down
Why are you scenting me?
The dam breaks
Stay

Things get worse

1K 30 3
By FableSecrets

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••­••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The ticking of the clock felt like it was mocking him, and he glared at it as the time finally hit 3:00 am. He'd been staring at the ceiling for hours, wishing sleep would come. It hadn't and he no longer felt comfortable. Once soft blankets now felt itchy and there was a restlessness in his legs that wouldn't go away.

Pushing himself up, he can't help but scowl. For all his overthinking, he hadn't seen this coming. Of course, his body had gotten used to falling asleep after scenting. So much so that now it was like he didn't remember how to fall asleep without it. Stupid scentings, stupid alpha, stupid stupid. He muttered to himself as he shuffled towards the door to head downstairs, draping a throw blanket across his shoulders.

The days had been warming up with the coming of spring, but the nights still had a chill to them that had Midoriya hugging his blanket tighter. He wasn't even sure why he was heading to the common room. His rational brain supplied that making a cup of tea might help. His omegas low crying told the true reason; one he was ignoring for it hurt too much to focus on how his nest made him want to claw his scent glands off.

Rounding the corner to the kitchen, he decides to keep his thoughts focused on what he's doing to avoid the usual wandering his mind does. Should he turn the light on or off? Having the overhead light on seems like it would be too bright, so he instead opts to turn the small light above the stove on. A dull yellow spreads across the counter, just enough so that he can see what he's doing.

After filling the kettle up with water and switching it on, he opens the cupboard to scan the selection of teas there. They're mostly Yaoyorozu's, but she's expressed multiple times to everyone that she's willing to share. English breakfast tea? No. Lemon? Hmm, he does like lemon but the idea of citrus seems to wake his mind up instead of calming it down. Chamomile? That's a calming tea, right? He knows next to nothing about tea but that sounds right so he takes a bag out and waits for his water.

Before he can worry about intrusive thoughts, a monotone, "Midoriya?" causes him to turn around and see a half-away Todoroki standing in the doorway to the kitchen.

"Todoroki-kun, what are you doing up?"

"Needed water. What about you?" Todoroki pulls a glass out of the cupboard and starts filling it with water.

"Can't sleep, so," he gestures to the kettle that's nearly finished boiling, "tea,".

"Hm," Is all the reply he gets while Todoroki gulps down the water. However, when he sets the now half-empty glass down, Midoriya can see the subtle changes in his friend's face.

"Stop looking at me like that,"

"Midoriya-"

"I don't need to hear the lecture right now, okay?" Midoriya knows that his behavior has been concerning, he knows. Between not sleeping and overworking himself, it's obvious he's not okay.

Todoroki pauses before he chooses to continue. "I'll admit that the dynamic between secondary genders has always been.. confusing to me."

Midoriya says nothing while he fills a mug with water and puts the teabag in to steep.

"I'd like to help though if you'll let me,"

This time it's Midoirya who pauses. Help? "Help how?"

"Well, the scentings between you and Bakugou always made you sleep, yes?"

Midoriya tries not to visibly wince at the mention of Bakugou and nods.

"And now that that's over, you're having trouble sleeping."

"Where are you going with this, Todoroki-kun?"

It takes a few seconds before he replies, and his answer nearly makes Midoriya drop the sugar jar he's just picked up. "What if I scented you?"

"W-what?"

"Only in a platonic way of course," Todoroki quickly adds on. Midoirya opens his mouth to say something but- nothing comes out. Out of all the things he expected his alpha friend to say, that wasn't one of them.

It had never occurred to Midoriya to scent with anyone other than Bakugou. Even the idea felt wrong and he could already hear his omega protesting it. He pondered the proposal while he finished his tea.

"I figured the scenting had something to do with your lack of sleep lately, was I wrong?"

"No, you were right," Midoriya sighs. He is desperate for sleep. Maybe it would help? "So.. it would only be as friends, right?"

"Yes, I'm not trying to court you. I know social convention frowns on this sort of thing, but if I can help my friend out, I don't see why I shouldn't,".

Midoriya almost wanted to laugh at how matter of fact Todoroki often saw things. It helped ease some of the tension that had spread through him.

"O-okay, if you're sure?"

"I'm sure," Todoroki nods as he holds out his wrist. The rush of anxiety that the gesture gives him almost makes Midoriya back out. His hand shakes as he brings his wrist up to Todoroki's. The initial brush of glands makes him want to cringe. He's staring too hard at the action, eyes locked on the motion. He wants to look away but the idea of staring at Todoroki's face makes him feel even worse. Campfire and marshmallows are sickenly sweet, instead of comforting as they should be. Everything about the scenting feels off and wrong.

It's only a few strokes of the wrist before it's over and it takes everything in Midoriya not to show how uncomfortable he is. "Thank you, Todoroki-kun,".

"You're welcome, Midoriya. I hope it helps," Todoroki is as straight-faced as ever, and Midoriya nods before grabbing his cup of tea and heading back up to his dorm.

~~~

The scenting doesn't help. It actually makes things worse, but he doesn't tell Todoroki that. His friend was only trying to help and he greatly appreciated it. It was nice knowing he had someone who cared that much.

One of the ways it makes things worse is when Bakugou is passing by Midoriya on their way to the lockers and he catches a whiff of Midoriya's scent. Or rather, Todoroki's scent.

Midoriya barely registers that Bakugou has stopped walking until he feels the angry alpha grab his arm. "What the hell?!" Bakugou yells, a confused scowl on his face.

"Kacchan. Let go." Midoriya narrows his eyes, trying to keep his now enraged omega at being manhandled in check. He had somehow slept worse last night due to the scenting. His omega wanted him to scrub himself clean of the scent of his friend, which led to him tossing and turning all night. So, with eyebags rivaling Aizawa and Shinsou's, he really didn't want to deal with a moody Bakugou right now.

"Why the hell do you smell like that Icyhot-bastard?" Bakugou's voice lowers slightly, a growl escaping between his words.

Midoriya growls back and this causes the alpha to raise his brow, grimace faltering. "Why do you care?"

"What?" Bakugou tries to keep the anger in his words but it comes out forced. With everything that's happened between them, Midoirya can count the number of times he's growled at the alpha on one hand.

"I said, why do you care? You're the one that said the scentings didn't mean anything," Ripping his arm from Bakugou's grip, he barely notes that they've gained an audience, but Midoriya is practically blind to them. Can only see the alpha in front of him desperately attempting to keep his emotions in check and failing. "You have no right to ask why I smell like Todoroki. Not anymore."

He starts to walk away, but only gets a few steps before he stops and glances back at Bakugou. His jaw is clenched and his breathing is quickening, chest heaving. The alpha looks lost, angry, confused, and hurt. Which just about stabs Midoriya in the heart. Fist clenched, he adds, "Ya know, if you weren't such a stubborn asshole it could have been your scent, not his,".

With that, he continues to the locker room. Once the rest of the class joins him, he's nearly finished getting ready. No one talks to either him or Bakugou. Though he does hear Kirishima telling Kaminari to leave them alone. He'll have to thank him later. He's honestly surprised that Bakugou hasn't come over to him to continue their argument. Barely glancing over, he sees the stoic-looking alpha focused on putting his hero gear on, eyes contemplative. Letting out a quiet huff, he leaves the room.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••­••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 831 69
Depressed Izuku AU. BakuDeku Story, if you don't like this ship, don't read this. He is abused by his father and neglected by his late mother. There...
210K 4.1K 28
Completed~ You can find the sequel on my profile, it's called (Kirideku) Help Me (No quirks, omegaverse) One day, Izuku is walking home when he smel...
157K 4.8K 41
⚠️Warning⚠️ Contains Smut Omegaverse Bullying Suicide attemps Mpreg Cursing Bakugo always wanted to be the best, he believed he was the best, when h...
107K 2.7K 39
This has some trigger warnings please don't read if you are sensitive to any of these topics! THIS HAS A GOOD ENDING THOUGH ⚠rape⚠ ⚠sexual activitie...