Adalaide

By ariesaf

In which Adalaide Willow falls for the universities star quarterback Maddox Ledger... More

Before you read!
Watch Out!
Easton
Oogie Boogie
Game Day
Glass
Pain
Alec
Uninvited
Smash Cake
Cops
CONGRATULATIONS!
Maya
Ouch?
Swing
Pam?
Kiss
Best celebration ever.
Lies
Want
His daughter
The Parents
A night to remember.

Grams?

1.3K 21 7
By ariesaf

6 PM
Thursday September 1st

With Ivy by my side in a cute onesie , I make dinner while I talk about how Ivy crawled today.

" Addy, can I ask you something? "

I turn around facing Alec who sits on the island chair , fiddling with his fingers nervously.

" Of course! "

" I want to ask Rome to be my boyfriend, but I'd like to ask him here. It may seem weird  but when he invited me over here that day, we finally had our chance and I wanted to remind him of that. I know it also may seem early, but I keep almost blurting it out and I want it to be special."

" Ale! Of course , how about I make y'all a dinner and you go get him some flowers or something sweet like that? I'll invite him here so you aren't stressing to bad."

" You are the best." he says kissing my cheek before leaving.

I continue to cook and I remember Rome saying he loved steak! Tonight's dinner consisted of fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. But for Rome and Alec, I make steaks , sweet potato fluff , green beans , and mac n cheese.

" I'm back! It smells really good in here. " Alec says holding some bags.

" Okay so I got some candles , fresh roses , and some gum so my breath doesn't stink when I ask." he says with a smile.

I laugh at him before he starts to put roses around the dining room and kitchen , having a little trail lead to it. He places the candles down before lighting them while I finish up the green beans. 

" I made some chicken as well for tonight if y'all are hungry again, I'm just gonna take a few plates to my room so y'all can have as much privacy as y'all need. Also, I may have told Rome it was an emergency so he is going to bust in here at any moment with Quinn. " I say before looking at the dining room.

" It looks beautiful Alec! " I say hugging him.

I put some plates of food in my room and set up Ivys chair.

I make sure to double check everything before I hear voices on the other side of the door and Alec freezes.

" We're here! What's wrong?! " Rome yells opening the apartment door. They hurriedly walk in before their eyes go wide.

" Quinn come on! " I say grabbing his hand and yanking him into my room with Ivy.

" Is he doing what I think he's doing? " Quinn says giddily.

" Yes! "

" Hi Ivy bug. " he says cooing to Ivy.

I put her down in her chair and she begins to bounce.

" Are you hungry? I made us some dinner in the mean time. " I say gesturing to the plates on the nightstand with a laugh.

" Absolutely, coach killed us today. " he groans out.

" Where is Xavier? "

" He has big anatomy test tomorrow so he's home studying." he says.

We begin to eat and make small talk. After a while, I start to get curious on how the dinner is going.

" Shall we peek? " I say wiggling my eyebrows.

We both jump up and crack open the door.

" Baby are you okay? " Rome says to Alec who is fiddling with his napkin.

Alec takes a deep breath before replying.

" Roman, I've liked you for 2 plus years and I've always backed out of actually acting upon them unless it was harmless flirting. But you've ruined me for any other man, and the time I've been with you has shown me new horizons and a happiness I didn't know existed. So with that... will you do me the honor of being my boyfriend? " He says.

He lets out a breath before looking up at Rome and I can't see his face.

All of a sudden Rome jumps up and attacks Alec into a hug.

" FINALLY! YES YES YES! "

" GUYS GET OUT HERE! ALE ASKED ME TO BE HIS BOYFRIEND! " Rome shouts.

I smile and Quinn looks at me, smiling back.

"We can be single together." he laughs out.

" Indeed, let's make a pact? " I say holding my pinky out.

"If we aren't married in our early 30s, we will get married and live happily ever after." 

" Absolutely. " he says intertwining his pinky with mine.

I pick up Ivy and give her a couple of kisses while tickling her foot.

We open the door before walking out before hugging the guys, congratulating them. Rome is practically gleaming with joy as Alec looks at him in awe.

We all sit down on the couch and I begin to play matchmaker.

" So guys, I think Xavier is a perfect match for my friend Maya. I can't necessarily explain it unless y'all meet her but I think that they'd really hit it off!" I say excitedly.

Ivy is sitting in my lap babbling and I look down at her.

" You think it's a good idea? See Ivy thinks it's a good idea. " I say with a boop to her nose.

" Well if little squish thinks so then we do to." Quinn says and the guys nod in agreement.

" Perfect! We just have to get them together somehow, I just know they'll hit it off and then voila! Marriage! "

" Slow down now." Quinn laughs out.

I look at the time and like clock work Ivy makes grabby hands towards my boobs.

" I'm going to feed and bathe Ivy. Y'all are welcome to stay! " I say before taking Ivy to her nursery and feeding her. After she unlatches I burp her and pick out the onesie Jasper got her to sleep in.

I blow out some bubbles and she laughs at them before clapping.

" Can you say mama? " I say with a smile.

She begins to babble and attempts to blow spit bubbles.

" Perfect." I say with a laugh.

I get Ivy ready for bed and lay her down. Grabbing her monitor, I decide to check on the guys.

I see that everyone decided to stay as Rome and Alec are in the guest room and Quinn is on the couch snoring.

I take a shower and lay down before calling my grandma to tell her goodnight , but it goes straight to voice mail.

Odd?

" Hey grandma, I just wanted to say i love you and goodnight. Call me soon! " I say before hanging up.

5 PM
Friday , September 2nd

Tonight is going to be a bit chilly , so I take that into consideration as I get ready for the football game.

" The red one! " Leo points.

Im currently holding up different turtlenecks to my chest to figure out which one is better. 

" I agree , plus their colors are black and red." Julian says.

I leave my curly brown hair down and I add just a bit of mascara and lip oil before spritzing some perfume.

" Alright, I'll be back soon! I love you Ivy bug. " I say kissing her cheeks.

" Have a good time! " Leo and Julian shout as I walk out.

On my short walk I begin to think about how Jasper , Maya , and I are invited to a dinner with Mrs. Dubois tomorrow night. I've been riddled with nerves ever since the news, I really hope that it is all good news and that it's just my anxiety.

As I see the ticket stand, I spot Xavier holding our tickets.

" Hey you! How did that test go? "

" I'm shitting bricks Adalaide, I think I did okay but I don't know. "

We get to our seats and we watch the guys practice. I spot Maddox instantly and I let out a deep breath.

" He's been asking about you and Ivy."

" I'm not going to be the other woman Xavier." I say with a frown as the announcer says their names.

As Maddox's name is called, I spot Ella jumping up and down for him and clapping.

Quinn is called and I instantly jump with Xavier and shout.

Rome is called and he blows a kiss towards the team and I see Alec catch it.

" So they're official? " Xavier asks with a smile.

" Yeah it was so sweet! " I say with admiring the pair.

Later

" YOU IDIOT! REF HE CLEARLY WAS HOLDING ONTO NUMBER 4 BY THEIR JERSEY THROW THE DAMN FLAG! " Xavier yells.

Quinn pushes the player off of him before continuing to play.

I laugh at Xavier as he stands there with his mouth open.

It's neck and neck, so everyone is on edge.

Maddox takes off running and a player comes up to Maddox before grabbing his helmet.

The refs do nothing.

" EXCUSE ME? THATS FACEMASKING YOU PAID OFF IDIOTS. THROW THE FLAG! " I yell out.

" YEAH I SAW IT TO! " people start to shout.

A flag is thrown and I see Maddox shake his head at me before smiling.

I sit back down and Xavier laughs at me.

" Shut it! it's an intense game." I say laughing.

I feel my phone vibrate and I see that it's my grandma.

" Hi grandma! "

" Hi sweetie. " she says shakily.

" Hey what's wrong? " I say sitting up while looking at Xavier.

" Your father and his friend are here." she whispers.

" I'm coming right now, stay out of sight as much as you can." I say getting up.

" Whats going on? " Xavier says.

" My father and his friend came to my grandmas house, she's scared. " I say grabbing my bag.

 "Go to the apartment and tell my dads what is going on. They'll understand and there is not way in hell you are going alone. We are all going to go with you."

"Okay I'll see ya'll soon. " I say quickly leaving the stands.

I basically run to my apartment before heading inside and throwing my bag.

" I'm so sorry to ask this of you but can ya'll watch Ivy for the night? It's a long story but short is my father and his friends have come to my grandma's house and she is scared. I can pay-"

"What did we tell you about money? We've got her and you. Take a breath honey, it'll be okay." Leo says pulling me into a hug.

Tears threaten to spill so I close my eyes tightly while hugging him back before going into my room and changing.

I pull on black Nike sweats and a matching hoodie with some white sneakers before pulling my hair up into a bun. I get my travel bag that has all my essentials in mini form and I head to Ivys room.

I sit in her chair and begin pumping so she has milk, but she's recently been wanting formula after trying it.

I pour the milk into bottles before placing them in the fridge.

" That should hold her off for a while. " I say to Julian.

I grab Ivy from him and I hold her close to me.

" Mama has to go for a while but she'll be back. I love you so much bug. " I say giving her kisses.

She grabs ahold of my face and lets out a small squeal before smiling, showing me her tooth.

The door swings open and the guys all come inside.

Leo throws Xavier the keys to their SUV. Quinn is holding a bag and his baseball bat while Alec and Rome quickly pull me in for a hug before taking my bag.

" What's going on? " Maddox asks.

" Let's go. " I say giving him no explanation.

We head out and I begin to get in the car but Quinn stops me.

" Rome and I need the second row, my legs are killing me and I'm sure you don't want my legs on you. " he pouts.

Is he serious?

" Quinn. "

" Please please please-"

" Fine! " I say getting in the third row with Maddox.

I start to fiddle with my fingers as Xavier begins to drive and when that doesn't help, I begin to pick at my cuticles.

Damn you anxiety.

A large hand stops my fiddling and I notice how prominent his veins are on his hands.

Lord have mercy.

Not now.

" I don't know what's going on, but I'm here for you." Maddox whispers.

I feel my phone vibrate and I instantly take it out to see if it's gram.

" Hey Jasper." 

" Hey beautiful, what's going on? You sound a bit stressed." 

" I'm sorry! I'm having some family issues at the moment, so I am a bit stressed." I laugh out.

" Anything I can do? "

He's sweet.

" No! I appreciate it though , it means a lot. I'll talk to you soon okay? " I say.

" Okay, call me if you need anything. " he says before hanging up.

I begin to play with the ring on Maddox's finger and he doesn't seem to mind as he plays a game on his phone. I peak over and watch before he lets out a laugh and exits out of the game. He quickly clicks on Netflix and puts on a movie before putting it in his lap. Scooting closer, I try to get comfortable and watch the movie.

He quickly throws my legs over his and puts the phone on my legs. If it wasn't a more comfortable position I'd move... I think. I stretch out a bit before I lay my head on his shoulder, and I drift off during the movie.

Chap 10 (:
What's going on?
What'll happen?
Maddox?
Adalaide?
Leo and Julian?
Rome and Alec?

Edited :p

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

557K 12.8K 59
𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐛 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞�...
26.2K 782 26
Where the big nerd of the school gets a glow up before the new school year, and catches the attention of the hottest guy in school.
67 1 13
Freshman y/n falls for bryce hall in college and problems come there way
15.7K 1.1K 9
A short college love story