Safeguard

By junekicks

S4-S5 / Stiles Stilinski. More

I dreamt I stabbed you in the chest.
Graphics I
Graphics II
Part I.
I. Mexico
II. A Bad Thing
III. It's Progress
Stluna Crack I
IV. I'd Never Leave You
005 Fountain Of Youth
006 Miguel
Stluna Crack II
007 Stolen Bonds
008 The Boy She Called Home
009 Matching Outfits
010 Distract Me With
011 Lacrosse At It's Finest
012 Can't Hide Sage
013 Scott's A Daddy
014 Awkward Teenage Boy
015 Full Moon
016 Dead Pool
017 Lingering Blonde
018 Popped Tits
019 He's Your Anchor
020 Rely On No One
021 You're Coming Back, Right?
022 Weaponized
023 Can't Sleep Without You
024 Take Care Of Each Other
025 Set It On Fire
026 Blue Sorrows
Stluna Crack III
027 Mexico Round Two
028 Alpha Tendencies
029 End Of The Line
Act II: Love Me Dead
030 Dead Girl Walking
031 Stuck In A Dream
032 Lie and Die
033 Senior Scribe
034 Last First Day
035 Put Her Down
036 Condition Terminal
037 Don't Kill The Wrong Person
038 The Windikouk
039 Not Our Success
040 Everything Is Not Fine
041 Took The Only Thing I Had Left
042 Feed Your Hunger
043 Painkillers Of Memory Land
044 Curious Child
Act III: Dancing With Matches
Stluna Special
045 Need A Win
046 Terrified Blues
047 Getting The Band Back Together
048 Her Screams
049 Gone Girl
050 Cute Little Death Wish
052 The Beast
053 Never Getting Out Of Town
054 Bad Focus
055 It's What Dead Girls Walking Do

051 The Power Of A Banshee & Windikouk

386 15 0
By junekicks

Fifty One, The Power Of A Banshee & Windikouk

Luna might as well been in a video game: Slay the Beast. Bitch, please— what did she look like to you? This was giving a Scott McCall job. But, this was Lydia, a best friend. And if she had to save her, she would.

          The small group of four seem to hurry through the halls— and suddenly they stopped. They stopped at the yell, the yell of a Banshee. Luna shook to her core, the three other Supernatural covered their ears in pain. And Luna stared right ahead, eye flickering white.

     "Lydia."
Stiles, it's what she wanted to say.

    Because Lydia's yells could kill people. And Stiles was trying to find her. Fuck. Then everything went silent for a moment. Liam's eyes moving towards the girl, "Luna..?" The girls jaw clenched, heart burning. "We have to find Lydia, like right now." And the four were quick to move again.

     Jordan burning right through the barrier of Mountain Ash— the three teenagers stared in shock. "Well, shit." Luna rolled her eyes at Liam's words, Scott running a hand pass the door. The barrier was gone. "He's burning it right out of the walls."

    Jordan Parrish on fire was a sight to see.

          The four finally made it into the tunnels, Jordan turning back to Luna— silently. Scott sighed, "he doesn't know where to go .. Luna, you're the one who has to save Lydia." The girl took a deep breath, "bitch, I'm saving my boyfriend from his head exploding!" Scott & Liam shared a look as Luna shifted, the four then breaking out into a run. They followed Luna's lead, she glided easily. Like she knew the under works like the back of her hand. She didn't, by the way. Her pull towards the Banshee was just that strong.

    Then she heard it. "Stiles, run!" Lydia's voice.

     Luna hurried her pace, quickly pulling back her boyfriend into Scott's chest as Lydia's lips parted. Now, let's pause— Here's the thing. Luna had no idea how she was supposed to stop all their utter deaths? She was just rolling with her punches. With ever quick step towards the strawberry blonde, the world felt like it was moving in slow motion.

     Lydia's yell started out, and suddenly Luna's white eyes were cut down the middle with thick red. A clawed hand stapled over Lydia's mouth, claws digging into the spaces of her dimples. But, she didn't bleed, she didn't feel any pain. The area's where Luna's claws rested in Lydia's skin glowed. And Lydia's eyes shined with the reflection of Luna's glowing eyes. The scream didn't disappear, but it was beyond quieter than it would've been. The interior around them exploding and crumbling.

    The power of a Banshee & Windikouk: A Supernatural Pull.

      And even in the dust Luna could see the redheads face completely. Lydia's eyes watered over as Luna slowly pulled her claws out, and the blood free gashes healed instantly with a small glow. "Woah." Lydia let out a small gasp, her forehead gently leaning against Luna. "This is w-what Allison meant when she said we were it for her.." Luna wanted to laugh, and cry. So she let of a stifled giggle with sniffles.

     "Lyds, please don't die."

           "L-Luna!" The brunette turned, eyes meeting the terrified ones of her boyfriend. The Windikouk helped up the Banshee, "someone needs to carry her." Jordan gently took her, Scott & quickly leading the way. Stiles arm wrapped around Luna's waist, gently helping her up. And before she could mutter out a word, she gasped— all the air being snatched from her body. Stiles' lips melting into her own. His hands cupping her cheeks. "W-What was that for?"

      The boy breathed out, "for always almost dying. And the one time you did die."

    Luna let out a broken laugh, "funny."

             Another part of the plan Luna didn't like was Stiles, Scott, & Lydia heading off to the Clinic. Luna, Malia, Kira, Liam, & Parrish not going with them. Luna was just grateful Natalie Martin had the curtsey to drop the three girls off at Stiles' house. Malia's car parked there. "D-Do you think she's gonna be okay?"

          Malia & Luna fell silent at Kira's question as they sat on the front step of the Stilinski Home.

   Malia gently cleared her throat, her hands gently slipping into Luna & Kira's. "She has to be," the two looked over at Luna. "R-Right?"

      All Luna did was shrug, silently.

         Malia & Kira finally left, Luna not moving a muscle. She refuse to move until Stiles got home. And she hope to Hell he did. And in that time of waiting, the brunette had slipped into sleep ... Something she desperately needed, but hadn't gotten in a while.

"..Luna? Babe?" The girl flinched awake, hard. Wide eyes landing on the figure before her, "Stiles." The boy smiled gently, helping the girl stand— he noticed the way her legs shook. And how flushed she was. But, all Luna's eyes could burn into was the blood coming from his ear. Her hand gently cupping his face. "Stiles—"

"Lydia's okay. And, I swear, I'm okay." His hands gently cupped her face, bringing her eyes to meet his. "Lu, are you okay?"

Luna seem to sink into him, drowning in his whiskey irises. She didn't even like Whiskey. "I-I think so ... I just really wanna sleep." Stiles cracked a small smile, "me too."

"He's headed towards the school." Sleep, Sleep, Sleep— What a funny thing. A funny thing Luna barely got nowadays. Liam leaned forward from the back seat, pushing Luna away in the process. "Why's Parrish headed to the school?" Scott gently shook his head, "it's not Parrish. At least not right now."

To catch you up, the four (Luna, Stiles, Scott & Liam) we're in Roscoe— on their way to the school. It was a Parrish Chase everyone! "Okay, why's a Hellhound going to the school?" Stiles snorted gently, a little irritated with Liam's questioning. "Cause he's got a hearing for higher education." Lima rolled his eyes, but Stiles continued. "Liam, the Hellhound's at the school, so, we're going to the school. Okay?"

As they arrived, Stiles helped Luna from the back— gently tucking her hair behind her ears. "You okay?" She seem to be on slow motion ever since saving Lydia. Luna sighed, "this is the fifth time you've asked me in twenty minutes .. I'm okay." The boy sighed, with a nod as he gently took her hand— the two meeting Scott's side. And the three flinched at the slamming of Stiles' door, they all turned to find Liam with a grimace. "Sorry."

They met Chris half way.

"Where's Parrish?" A beat. "I lost him. He's moving too fast." Then Liam spoke, "Scott..?" All eyes snapped towards Liam's direction. Fear a little evident in his voice. "That guy's not moving at all." Luna's eyes widened at the dead man on the floor, the group of five moving along. Then another body. Jesus Christ. "Look."

And there was a bus, full of corpses. Until— "Help m-me." Scott moved forward, but was stop. "It's a trap." They all turned around to find Parrish coming from behind them, and as his aflame self moved into the group, his hand glued onto Luna's arm. The girl gasped at the heat. Stiles' eyes widened as he tries to reach forward, "hey!" But Chris stopped him, "don't intervene."

Luna's wide eyes lingered on Parrish's hand burning into her clothed arm. The man in the bus begged again. And Parrish broke out, coming to a stop a few feet away. He didn't let go of Luna. "You can't help him." And in seconds the man begging was killed, clawed in half— By the Beast as it crept forward.

Luna gasped.

"That's big. No one said it was that big." Lima grimaced at Stiles' words, "I-I did." The Beast broke out into a growl, and Luna winced— Hands flying towards her ears, eyes screwed shut. Parrish turned towards the girl. And as the Beast growls got louder a yell broke last Luna, her friends behind her then covering their ears.

Parrish let out growl, lighting aflame. And like magic, Luna Sage was basically catatonic. She ripped out a growl and made a sprint as the Beast took off, Parrish quick to follow her.

The group of four from behind moved quickly, Stiles' eyes wide and heart beating way too quickly. "W-What the Hell was that! If you all forgot, that's still my girlfriend!"

Chris huffed, "your girlfriend can't die. It's why she's the Windikouk, and the perfect person to fight the best."

Scott's eyes lingered on the bus of corpses, his pain evident for the innocent lost souls. "Why did it to that.." Chris sighed, "it's getting smarter."

Luna was swore. And she wished she could say it was from fun reasons— and not fighting a Beast the size of a two story house with a Deputy that can light himself on fire. Not to mention, she didn't remember any of it after shifting in front of the bus if dead souls. She just had a lot of bruises, that were healing a little too soul for her liking. "Mason said urs not just a transmitted frequency."

Half of the Pack was in the library: Discussion Time.

"It's high-powered. Like, it has to be a really strong signal." Lydia (fully better) raised a brow at Liam's words. "And that's causing it to shift?"

"No. I don't think it's just that. Last night Argent said it's getting smarter. What if the Dead Doctors are trying to make the Beast grow faster? Like how they made Luna stronger with the testing and Chimera triggers."

Luna sighed at the mention, her fingers gently tapping at Stiles' thigh. Speaking of, "with frequencies?" Scott shook his head gently, "no, by shifting. The frequency is just the trigger it needs. The important part is when it shifts fully into a Werewolf."

"Like, Peter?"

"Right. Yeah, when Peter was an Alpha, he got stronger every full moon. Eventually, the burns healed and he was back to normal."
"So, the Dread Doctors don't want to wait for full moons."
"They want the Beast to be as strong as possible, as fast as possible."

"Because of Luna."

All eyes switched towards the girl, she was slumping against her fist. "Y'know, I really missed the days when my only worry was trying not to eat boys." Lydia sent the girl a soft reassuring smile. "So," she continued, "if this is happening tonight, what the Hell are we gonna do? I don't need dead people at a Lacrosse game."

Stiles nodded, "uh, we've got one clue to go on." The boy then pulled sheets from his book bag. "These came from my Dad, who got them from Melissa." It was a foot print, a bloody one. "Whoever's lurking inside the Beast is wearing a size ten of indeterminate make."

"Indeterminate?" Luna smiled at Lydia's questions, proud that she knew this from a lifetime of movies with Stiles. The girl perked your a little, "means, partial print. Not exact." Stiles smiled, pressing a kiss to the girls temple before he carried off the girls words. "It's all we're gonna get, considering all the fire, blood, and well, y'know, carnage."

"How many size ten's are out there?"
"Only one with Parrish's blood on the sole."

The first fight with the Beast, when Luna had no idea she'd be the Beast Slayer. Ridiculous. "So," she finally sat up, fingertips tapping at the wooden table. "—Are we gonna try and get the game canceled?" Stiles shook his head gently, softly tapping the girls arm. "No, no, we're gonna play. But, we're just going to hope really hard that it doesn't turn into a blood-soaked massacre."

Luna scoffed, sticking up a finger. "I abject! Stupid idea! People are gonna die!"

Liam hummed, "quick question— aren't we kind of missing out on a chance to catch this thing? We don't have the 'who', but, we have the 'where' and 'when'." The boy had a point, and all eyes fluttered towards Scott. "There's too many people." The Alpha looked beyond stressed, proud thing. Lydia hummed, "and, we still don't actually know if it's gonna happen!" She said softly, in a sing-song voice. "It just might end up being a regular Lacrosse game. It's possible, right?"

"That's absolutely possible. But, when have we ever had a normal Lacrosse game?"

Hashtag Never.

"So," a beat. "— We're still getting the game canceled?" Scott nodded as they all collected their things, "we're getting that game canceled."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 344 45
"You're my lover." In which you get born with a black stain on your body where your soulmate is supposed to touch you for the first time. Once your s...
773K 30.5K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
947K 16.2K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
177K 4K 25
'the mechanic and the football captain. who ever would have thought?' riverdale s1-s? oc x reggie mantle © 2017 CB. All Rights Reserved