TENACITY

By NiqueInk

"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky * Alexandra's life was a portrait of contentment... More

COVER PAGE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S FINAL NOTE

CHAPTER NINE

540 16 2
By NiqueInk

Monday, May 16, 2016
A ME-RO Store
13 weeks...

"Aren't we done yet?" Lexi asked from her spot on the podium where she was being fitted.

"Unless you want Trey to find out your secret, suck it up," Melissa muttered, blowing her gum out and winking at her before going back to the magazine she was so engrossed in. Lexi glowered at her.

"I'm starving," Lexi complained, as the dress was taken off. She yawned with a lazy stretch, "And sleepy." She stood in just her bra and panties, rubbing her bump.

She was about to say more but cut herself off when she heard loud male voices outside their private room. "Stop it—both of you," a voice that sounded much like Trey said. They all made eye contact for a second before realizing it was the boys.

"Oh," they whispered in unison before everyone sprang into action. It all happened so quickly.

Lexi being pushed into a curtained dressing room, Melissa dropping her magazine to pick up the dress Lexi wore to the place, Sierra looking around to find the second shoe—It was pure chaos.

When she finally found the shoe, she chucked it through a space in the curtain, grimacing when Lexi yelled in pain and began cursing up a storm. "Sorry!"

"What are you guys doing here?" Melissa asked, crossing her arms over her breasts.

"Chill," Jason mumbled as Lexi was pulling the dress over her head. She could imagine him raising his hands in surrender. She smiled. Theirs was a psychotic group of people. "I'm only here to see my fiancée."

She put on her shoes and stepped out from behind the curtain. Jace smiled when he spotted her, letting go of Sierra to hug her. "How are you feeling? Are the babies okay?" he asked in a whisper.

"Might as well tell me I look awful while you're at it," she grumbled, burying her face in his shoulder as she hugged him back. He let out a quiet chuckle, squeezing her a bit more.

"For once, you don't look terrible to me, so you'll be fine," he muttered, loosening his hold on her when he felt Trey bore holes in the back of his head. He pulled away and ruffled her hair, earning himself a glare from Lexi.

"Aren't you worried that your man has been hugging another woman this long?" A high voice asked, ruining the moment. It was a voice Lexi could never forget—Nicolysse Park, Trey's perfect ex-girlfriend.

"I trust my man," Sierra spoke up, shrugging nonchalantly.

"Thanks for the vote of faith." Jason Sierra into him, casting a smug smile in Nicolysse's direction.

"Well Sierra," Nicolysse spat, seating herself on the couch while everyone else stood, "I wouldn't put anything past a whore if I were you."

"That. is. it," Melissa growled, charging towards her. Tony held her back. "Tell her she's not wanted here," Melissa spat, vibrating with anger.

"Just because you paid for this private room doesn't mean you own it now. I can just ask Trey to buy off this whole section at a higher price and you'll be the ones to get kicked out," Nicolysse said in a haughty tone.

"Unlike you, who just spends her parents' money, I work for mine. I own the whole shop and can have you thrown out."

"She's going nowhere." All heads turned to Trey who hadn't uttered a word upon entry.

"Excuse me?" Melissa and Sierra asked in unison.

"I said, she is going nowhere. She leaves, I leave too. So, if you want me as your best man, leave her alone."

"You didn't say anything when she called Lexi a slut but you're defending her?" Sierra asked, huffing in disbelief.

He cocked his head to the side. "All I heard was Nicolysse warning you—based on recent discoveries." Lexi snorted.

"Trey!" Ashley yelled, appalled by her son's behavior. "You're not yet divorced. Lexi is still your wife, and I expect that you still treat her with respect."

"Trey, get her out of here," Melissa said. "If you want to be together with her, that is fine—your choice. But get her out of here."

"You got a haircut," Lexi stated out of the blue, making them turn their attention to her. "That's nice. It's progress, and it means you're moving on."

"Which is great," Melissa said, cutting in. "I asked Lexi to move on as well so go on. Leave."

Trey glared at her, hating the idea of Lexi moving on from him. He wanted to scream, tell them all he hadn't moved on.

That he'd only gotten the haircut because the long hair reminded him of the many times Lexi had run her hands through them.

That he was here with Nicolysse only because of his deal with his stepmom.

"Melissa, if she gets out, I leave too. And you guys won't be seeing me around till the wedding. He was there for me, and I have to be there for my best friend."

"Fine," she agreed immediately. "I do not want to see her anywhere near me, or my friends, or in any of my stores for that matter. Trey, she only thinks about herself. She only wants you for your money so she can continue living comfortably when her parents no longer support her!" 

"What about all the things Lexi sacrificed for you to get to where you are, to make you happy?" Ashley asked.

"What about the fact that she cheated on me? That's the one distinction Nicolysse has. She didn't cheat on me with her ex," Trey spat, turning to Lexi so that now he was talking to her, "—the same ex she told me she was over, only to have me divorce her so she could give half of my wealth to her ex-boyfriend!"

"Who fed you with that load of crap?!" Lexi shouted from her spot. "Who told you that is why all this is happening? I expected better of you!"

"Like what?!"

Ashley pulled Melissa when she tried getting between them, mouthing, "Let them get it all out." The others looked on just as quietly, with no intention of stopping them. 

"Oh, I don't know!" She snapped, staring him down. "I expected that you'd at least look into it before you come to this conclusion! That I would appreciate. So you know what? Do get out. Both of you!"

Ashley shook her head. "Trey? I am very disappointed in you. I thought I raised you better than this. If you're not ready to let Nicolysse go and stop intruding, you might as well just go along with her. We will see you at the wedding."

Trey's jaw clenched, his finger twitching as he tried to suppress his anger. "I will leave. However, I want to talk to Lexi before I do."

"If she wants to," Melissa reminded, narrowing her eyes at him. "You don't get to hurt her feelings and just— "

"Melissa," Lexi cut in. "Let me decide for myself if I want to talk to him or not." She turned to him with a sugary smile. "He probably has something he wants me to sign for the divorce proceedings to go on. On one condition."

"What?" he asked impatiently.

"That she won't be listening in."

Trey let out a scoff, grabbing her elbow and pulling her closer. "That's the whole point of talking alone. We're currently being watched like we're on set filming a movie, and I'd like us to talk—actually talk—away from all these prying eyes."

Lexi swallowed deeply when he licked his lips, reminding her of old times. He said in a low voice, "Sometimes you're so dense that I want to strangle you."

Lexi glared up at him. Trey looked up to find the others trying to hold in their smiles—all except Nicolysse, who was scowling at Lexi.

He pulled on her elbow, guiding her out to a room away from theirs and held open the door, letting her in first. He closed the door after himself when he entered.

Lexi stepped back. "Being alone isn't a good idea," she muttered while tripping over air.

Trey grabbed her before she could fall. "Why? Because it makes you want to screw me?"

She bit her lips before stepping out of his hold. "Yes. This isn't a good idea because I'm tempted to rip off your clothes and do just that." She paused, a look of satisfaction taking over when his eyes went wide with shock. "Now what was it you wanted to talk about?"

He shook his head, pulling himself out of his shock, and cleared his throat. "What is wrong with you?"

"What do you mean?"

"What terminal illness were you talking about last time? Are you dying?" he asked, stepping closer.

"What?" she asked, shaking her head. "No! Who even mentioned terminal? I'm fine, I'm not even sick." She began walking toward the door, groaning when he stood in her way.

"Tell me."

"I'm fine!" She stepped back, hugging herself.

He stared at her for a moment, waiting for her to come clean about it, but she stayed in the same position glaring back at him. "Why are you even angry? I'm the one who should be angry, not you. Tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing's wrong!" she repeated, throwing her hands in the air.

"Fine." He fixed his suit and opened the door. "I'll look into your health myself. I hope you don't mind."

"I do mind!" she responded, but he was long gone. She smacked her forehead, cursing herself once more for running her stupid mouth. She hoped he'd at least find out after the wedding. 

A/N: Before I forget, ME-RO is Melissa's brand name.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 3.9K 35
Tall, handsome, sweet, compassionate caring, and smart? Oh, now you're making me laugh! But it's true, that's how you would describe Nathan Taylor...
274K 7.9K 134
"๐‘ป๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’†'๐’” ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’๐’๐’š ๐’๐’ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’š ๐’๐’‡ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’Š๐’‡ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’Š๐’“ ๐’†๐’š๐’†๐’” ๐’š๐’๐’–'๐’๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’…๐’–๐’Ž๐’ƒ ๐’ƒ๐’๐’๐’๐’…๐’†."
222K 8.7K 31
Ranking - #1 - Kill ๐Ÿ’€ _____ ( Warning โš ๏ธ Strong words and Violence ) We all have demons, I chose to feed mine. And the demon inside me grows stron...
439K 15.1K 10
How do you walk away from the one person you swore to love the rest of your life, the person you thought you loved the most like you don't give two t...