Adalaide

By ariesaf

In which Adalaide Willow falls for the universities star quarterback Maddox Ledger... More

Before you read!
Watch Out!
Easton
Oogie Boogie
Game Day
Glass
Pain
Alec
Uninvited
Grams?
Cops
CONGRATULATIONS!
Maya
Ouch?
Swing
Pam?
Kiss
Best celebration ever.
Lies
Want
His daughter
The Parents
A night to remember.

Smash Cake

1.3K 25 10
By ariesaf

6 AM
Thursday August 25th

I haven't seen or talked to Maddox since that night. Jasper, Maya, and I have hung out almost everyday after working with Mrs. Dubois, and that's been going very well.

The "panty droppers", Jasper, and I are having a small get together today for my little girls five months. I know it doesn't seem like an important thing since she's only five months but she's my world. I wish Maya could've come since we've become so close, but she has to work a double today.

With that, I get up from bed and I walk towards Ivy's room.

" Hi baby! 5 months ago I had you, my greatest blessing. " I say picking her up and kissing her on her forehead.

After I get Ivy ready for the day I see that it's already 7:30 AM , and I need to get ready as well. Today I have no classes, and I also don't have work today with Mrs. Dubois or Mrs. Rowe so I am completely free.

I turn on my tv before playing Lana Del Rey and dancing around with Ivy while I get ready for the day. It's sunny outside and the temperature is in the low 70s so I decide on a skirt. I do have scars from all of the trauma my father put me through, but I won't let that stop me from wearing what I want.

I get dressed and do a bit makeup. Once I finish, I spritz on some perfume and grab my black bag. I pull on some shoes and grab Ivy's bag before placing her in her stroller and heading out.

We decide on walking to the store since it's nice outside and we go through the many aisles for the ingredients.

She babbles at me and points with her teething toy before she smiles and on the bottom gum there's one little tooth that's coming in. The sight makes my heart swell.

" Tink or Nemo? " I ask her and extend both hands.

She drops her slobbery teething toy on my left hand, and with that we head towards the bakery.

" Hi! Do you have any Tinkerbell decorations by chance? " I ask one of the bakers.

He brings me a different variety and I pick out a select few before paying for them.

We have a peaceful walk back to the apartment and I quickly get to work.

I begin to blow up some purple and green balloons, making me wish I got a helium tank. After a lot of effort and becoming lightheaded, I place the balloons where I envision them and decide the place needed some fairy lights.

Happy with how it looks, I hear a knock at the door.

I open it to see a smiling Jasper in a grey sweater just like mine and a gift.

" Hello beautiful, it looks like we match today." he points out.

" We do." I say with a laugh.

He pulls me into a hug and kisses the top of my head before walking towards Ivy in her bouncy chair.

" Hi darling! Happy 5 months. Let's see what we got here." he says pulling out the contents of the gift.

He pulls out a Tinkerbell onesie and a teething toy that I can put mashed fruit in.

"Thank you! You really didn't have to, I've been looking for one of those for a while!" I say.

"I did have to! Now what can I help with?"

Jasper makes the smash cake for Ivy, which consisted of a two layered cake with green ombré buttercream.

I get out the small decorations for the cupcakes and make about 30 for everyone. The whipped frosting is green and for decoration some cupcakes have flowers, butterflies , or a mini Tink.

" You did a phenomenal job as always. " he says taking pictures of me and the cupcakes.

I smile widely as I hold a tray up before thanking him.

" What do you think Ivy? " I say turning around.

She smiles and claps her hands together while looking at me.

I hear multiple knocks and I open it to see Quinn with the food, Rome, Alec, and Xavier.

"My baby is 5 months! I might cry. " Quinn says fanning his eyes as he places the food down.

We laugh at his antics before he picks up Ivy.

" So cute! Stop growing little squish."

I hear another knock at the door and I look at everyone a bit confusedly because we invited no one else.

I open the door to see Maddox standing there.

" I know it's her 5 months, I didn't want to miss it. " he says looking at me with his hands behind his back.

"I don't think that is a good idea. I also don't think Ella would appreciate you being here." I say as I close the door.

"She knows I'm here! " he says quickly, making me stop.

" I also brought Ivy a gift."

I take a moment and think about it.

Sake of the friendship. 

" Okay, you can see Ivy, give her the gift, and have some food but that's it. " I say letting him in.

He walks in and I close the door. They guys all look at him, some saying hello while some chose to ignore him. He smiles brightly at Ivy before he pecks her cheek. She excitedly bounces in her chair and squeals. He sits down before he opens the purple bag and takes everything out of it. 

I let out a small gasp at the amount of presents ranging from pacifiers, toys, clothes, and a small blanket.

She instantly squeals and reaches for him.

He looks at me and I shrug before nodding.

He picks her up and lifts her into the air doing a slow spin before she grabs her purple blanket that has tinker bell on it and feeling it.

" Alright! Let's eat and then do her cake." I say looking away from Maddox.

We all sit down and Maddox is holding Ivy while he eats his food. Jasper is sitting beside me complimenting Quinn on his cooking.

" It's a small hobby of mine." he shrugs it off.

" Well it's delicious."

We all agree and continue to eat before it's time for cake. I grab Ivy's smash cake before placing it down on the table.

" How do you wanna do this? " Maddox asks.

" I'll hold her so your clothes don't get dirty, just place the cake in front of her. " I say.

I take Ivy before sitting down with her and Maddox puts the cake in front of her.

" Give it all you got Ivy! " Quinn says holding his phone up.

I smile as Ivy sticks her finger in the frosting and sticks it in her mouth before letting out a babble with a smile.

She smashes her hand in the cake and lifts it up to me before smearing a little on my nose and laughing at me. She begins to lean more towards the cake and this time takes both hands to smash it. 

Everyone gets a picture with Ivy and she even smeared some cake on Maddox's face leaving a green print on his cheek.

I take a quick picture while he glares at me and we all laugh even harder.

" I'm going to wash her hands off real quick, there's cupcakes on the table for everyone. " I say.

"I have to get to work, thank you for inviting me beautiful and I'll see you soon." Jasper says as he kisses my forehead and then bids everyone bye.

" I'll help. " Maddox says following me to the bathroom.

I sit her down on her chair before taking a cloth and wiping her cheeks and hands.

" Can I ask what happened with your arm? " 

An apology would be nice right about now.

" No. "

" Lai- "

" Don't, unless you came in here to apologize I don't want to hear it. " I say looking at him.

"I did, and I'm sorry. I am really fucking sorry Adalaide and no amount of apologies or excuses will make what I did justifiable or okay. The feelings that I feel for you were so sudden that it scares me.  "

" That doesn't give you a right to be so confusing Maddox. Either you are with Ella, or you aren't there is no grey area there! Every time we talk we either argue or walk on eggshells and that isn't healthy for either one of us. Yes, there is undeniable attraction between the both of us but we can't even have a simple conversation. I have a daughter to raise, I don't have time for back and forth."

"I know Lai! I'm trying. I just need time-" 

" Time? For what? For you to come stay at my house and be all nice just so you can run back to Ella when things get to real? " I say picking up Ivy and walking out of the bathroom.

I realize I was a bit snappy but at least I'm honest. I see everyone has grabbed a cupcake so I go ahead and grab one before sitting down. Maddox walks back out and grabs one before sitting down as well.

We're all showing each other the pictures we got of today before I hear another knock on the door.

Jasper shakes his head.

"Maddox, I swear-"

"Open the fuck up!"

I let out a wince. My palms become sweaty as I hand Quinn Ivy. All the guys get up excluding Quinn and follow me to the door.

" Easton." I say as I crack open the door.

" We need to talk." he says trying to enter the apartment.

" I don't think so." Maddox says.

" Just 5 minutes."

" You've got 30 seconds." I say.

" I know I didn't treat you the greatest-"

I scoff.

"I know I left you when you told me you were pregnant and that you wanted to keep it. I know this! But I won't stand here and let these jacked on steroid football players take you away from me. I don't want you or the baby around them anymore." he says confidently.

" Are you serious? "

" Yes, as her father I am serious. "

"Quinn, please take Ivy to the nursery."

"Oh shit." Xavier mumbles.

" First of all your time is up, so it's my turn. Let me tell you something and I am going to need you to get this through that thick skull of yours."

"I am not yours. I haven't been for a long time. Whether or not you believe that, take it up with your therapist. Second of all, you don't even know her name! You have no right to come here and try to lay fucking ground rules for me and MY daughter. " 

" I am her father! " he shouts cutting me off.

"You are a fucking sperm donor Easton. You're an abusive, narcissistic piece of shit that has never had a job a day in his life. I keep my mouth closed on what you put me through so that I can live my life in peace but don't think for one fucking second that I won't turn around right now and tell them EXACTLY how I became pregnant. Because if I do that, and I fucking will, you will not make it to that elevator." 

He stands there and says nothing. He looks completely terrified and guilty.

Shaking in anger, I slam the door in his face.

I quickly lock the door before I turn around and I see the guys looking at me.

"What did you mean Lai?" Xavier asks.

"Please, I just want to forget about it. I don't want to ruin any more of Ivy's day."

"Adalaide-"

"Maddox let it go! When she is ready she will tell us." Rome says.

"I'm sorry." Maddox says to me.

"No I am sorry. I keep dragging all of you into this mess." 

I suddenly hear multiple footsteps before I'm scooped up into a big hug. I feel another pair of arms, and I know it is Quinn.

" You are our family Lai , don't you ever apologize. " Xavier says.

We all sit there for a while before letting go and deciding to watch some movies together. I make us some popcorn after finally snatching Ivy away from the guys and I feel her grab my boob.

" I'll be right back." I say.

The guys look at us and laugh before nodding. I sit down with Ivy and throw the blanket over me before lifting my sweater so she can drink her milk.

I suddenly hear yet another knock at the door and I am about ready to saw someone's arm off at this point.

" I got it! " I hear Alec say.

" What are you doing here? "

" Where is Maddox! I know he's here. " I hear a familiar voice yell.

I gently place Ivy down in her crib before walking out of her room to see Ella.

She has a bandage on her nose and I see her under eyes are a bit bruised.

Oops.

" Chill the fuck out Ella. " Maddox says getting up from the couch.

" I knew it! I knew you were here! " she says.

" You told me she knew you were here? " I say looking at him.

He pales a bit before scratching the back of his head.

" I told a tiny fib."

Is he serious?

I walk away into Ivy's room and sit back down with her and begin to burp her again.

Quinn comes in and gives me a sad smile.

" Can you tell the guys we can meet up later? I need some time. " I say feeling overwhelmed.

Quinn nods before he kisses mine and Ivy's heads.

" Thank you guys for everything today. "

" Of course Lai , we're here for you, both of you. "

After a while , I hear the door shut signaling in finally alone.

With that, I lay Ivy down and head to my room.

I crawl into my bed and I let the tears flow. I cry well into the early morning until I hear the familiar rustling sounds.

Chap 9!
I really dislike Ella
Thoughts?
Maddox?
Jasper?
Cake?!

Edited :p

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 59 32
Titus Reyes is at the top of his game as the star quarterback playing for the New York Eagles. When he suffers a near career-ending injury on the fie...
225K 5.3K 38
Summer and Bryce have faced obstacle upon obstacle, and have survived many highs and lows in their relationship. But now with Bryce off to college, w...
871K 25.7K 43
When Stella was given a choice her senior year of high school to choose between the man she thought she loved and their unborn child... the choice wa...
18K 1.2K 33
Part Two of What's For Me, if you have not read, I do encourage you to read before you read this one as it's a continuation and you might get confuse...