The Patient's Painkiller is a...

بواسطة ChickenStripping

Peter Parker, a psychologist, insists on taking a patient everyone strongly advises against. ((Cover art used... المزيد

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 31

1.9K 80 27
بواسطة ChickenStripping

Life works in mysterious ways… in Peter’s case it often works against him.

Of course the moment Peter isn’t close to Wade is when he gets the news that the adoption was successful and has been accepted.

“Hi, Peter!” Ellie greets her school bag and a plastic bag at her feet as she swings on the balls of her feet, a bright expression on her face.

“Hello Eleanor” Peter greets back, laughing lightly at her expression at the use of her name “How are you today?” he asked, leaning down to take the bags from her

“I couldn’t sleep last night!” the girl gasped as she hopped down the stairs of the orphanage with glee “I was so excited and I told all the ladies that were mean to me to ‘suck it’ and-“ she began to ramble and Peter listened along, smiling and laughing.

Peter didnt have a car, he never thought he needed it as it would add more costs to his life, but as he got into the taxi he bang to wonder if they’d need one… Sure Ellie could take the bus to her school but it’d be best if he took her, no?

“Ellie” Peter turned to her, watching her bounce in her seat. Pausing, reached forward and put on the seatbelt for her, noticing she hadn’t done so, seeing how she froze, face going red- he frowned, unsure if she was embarrassed or uncomfortable

“sorry” he apologized just in case but she shook her head

“-s okay” she mumbled, fidgeting with her messy hair “I can do it myself though” she said, it was maybe shyness

“I know” Peter smiled, remembering how when he was younger he loved when his aunt babied him despite him insisting he didn't need it.

During the drive they were met with silence, the reality finally dawning on both of them. Peter liked to be quiet, he didn't like talking often because everytime he did, when it didn't have to do with work, he sounded like a babbling idiot…What was he to do if Ellie didn't like it? Didn't like him??

He didn't want to constantly trat Ellie like a patient as he had done his previous friends accidentally- over analyzing their movements and so on like a ‘creep’.

“W-when we get home” he began, fumbling over his words as he began to overthink if he sounded too clinical or not enough “You choose which room you want, alright?” he smiled, sticking with his patient caretaker sona that he got while working at the school “drop your things there and then, if you aren’t tired, we can go shopping”

“Shopping?” Ellie asked, turning her head away from the window

“Yes” Peter nodded “I did basic shopping and we got groceries too but I want to have stuff you like as well” he explained “We’ll get decorations for your room and some food you like, okay?”

Ellie widened her eyes and she nodded slowly, seeming in disbelief. Then, she stared at Peter as if processing something which caused her to frown.

“Is something wrong?” Peter asked with worry

“I don't need anything” she says just as they arrive

“Of course you do” Peter says, placing a hand on her shoulder “You’ll be living here for now, Ellie…You need things to make this your home” he spoke gently glaring at the driver that cleared their throat impatiently

“I don't want you to waste money on me” Ellie whispered, her big brown eyes looking up at him as she frowned

“Oh Ellie” Peter frowned as well before smiling and tucking a hair behind her ear soothingly “no amount of money will ever be wasted on you” he reassured “tell you what…if I cant get you something I’ll let you know, alright?” he tilted his head

Ellie paused, fidgeting with her shirt before nodding. and muttering a quiet “alright”.
Satisfied, Peter undid her seatbelt and opened his door, walking towards the driver’s window to pay as Ellie hopped off the car, dragging her bags along.

Peter had tapped his card against the portable machine as he heard a gasp behind him, glancing back he saw Ellie staring wide eyed at the house, mouth wide open. He supposed it was a good reaction.

“Why don't you go in and see if you like it?” Peter stood next to her, stealing her bags once again so she didn't have to carry anything.

Ellie bounced in place, looking between Peter and the door and Peter and the door- unsure if she could. The action reminded Peter a lot of Wade…

With a smile and a quirk of his chin to indicate her to go, she rushed forwards and opened the door that had been left open, gasping loudly as she looked at the wide space.

She had just been about to run in before she noticed the shoes at the door. Quickly, she sat down and took off her shoes, placing them neatly next to Peter’s own work shoes.
Peter wanted to say that there was no need, it was just a personal preference and he could always clean the house, but the action had been so thoughtful and adorable that he remained silent.

“This place is so big!!” she lift her hands up “I’ll live here?!” she asked, wide eyes turning to Peter who kicked his shoes out of his own feet.

“I sure hope so” Peter laughed as he stood in the middle of the living room with her.

While it had been uncomfortable sleeping here for the few days he waited for Ellie to come, now that the girl stood here the space seemed more tolerable to him.

“Follow me” he gestured as he began to show her the way to the rooms, showing her the office that now featured a small table, chair and shelf with school study books she needs and will need, for her to do homework in.

“I thought it would be nice if you have a place in the office too” he turned to her, knowing kids didn't like work but he knew kids loved to imitate adults often and maybe Ellie would appreciate either playing pretend in here or a quiet place to work in.

“I can use this office too?” she looked up at Peter with eyes that seemed to be shining.

“It’d be lonely if I were to use it for myself” he said as he turned to show her the rooms now.

Ellie seemed to like both and seemed reluctant to take the bigger room, she seemed not because of the size but because of the location of the window, and Peter reassured her that he preferred small spaces and that she'd need the room for her future toys anyway.

“Are you hungry?” Peter asked as he placed her two bags down near her new room door, allowing her to get familiar with the space “I was thinking we could eat while we’re out shopping but if you're hungry now I’m sure I’ve got something quick to make?”

“I can wait!” Ellie jumped “Where are we going to eat?” she asked excitedly

“Well…” Peter dragged on “I heard kids like McDonalds?” he shrugged

“Can we have burgers?” Ellie gasped

“Burgers sound awesome” Peter smiled, happy with the decision, digging some hamburgers himself

“I’ll just quickly make your bed, alright?” He said thinking ahead, he needed Ellie’s bed made in case she arrived tired from shopping “why don't you go watch some Tv or explore while you wait?”

“Okay!” Ellie ran in place, as if charging her boost, before she zoomed out of the room.

Peter laughed quietly to himself, beginning to make her bed with the bedsheets her father had chosen, happy that things seemed to turn out alright.

“Do you want to change schools?” Peter remembered to ask when he and Ellie were getting new school supplies.

“Why?” Ellie looked up at him, two pencil cases in her hand as she struggled to choose between the fluffy dog or a pokemon one

“Well…I know you didn't get along with some students, you might want a new start” he said, going to use his knuckle to lift his glasses up his nose before realizing he wasn’t using them

Humming as she scrunched her nose in thought, eyeing the two items in her hand, Ellie threw in the fluffy dog pencil case and began to look at other items

“I’m ok” she said “If I change now it will be worse for me” she eyes a multi-colored pen for a few seconds before she notes the price and keeps moving.

“If you're sure” Peter throws the pen in the basket and doesnt pressure, knowing Ellie is a smart girl “Tell me if you change your mind” he follows her, watching her look at a set of sparkling pens and putting it in the basket.

After their shopping spree for school supplies, they both head towards a shop that had pretty much everything and was big enough to get lost in.

Peter kept especially a close eye on Ellie as they entered, giving his input on decorations for her room whenever she asked which idea was better or if it was “too much” or “too expensive”.

He also took the chance to grab some decorations for the rest of the house, carrying one basket with his and the house’s things while dragging her own basket, seeming happy with the job.

“Too tacky” she said as Peter held a certain sculpture that caught his eye

“You think so?” he asked, putting it down when she nodded. He was glad she was here to give her own input as he sucked at decorating, buying only what was necessary.

Peter did not get too much for his room but Ellie claimed he needed to have something at least and as much as he hated to admit it, he came to realize his ‘decorations’ at his last apartment had been all files, books and work… so he grabbed a framed poster of a diagram of the human mind that he liked as well as some other ‘nerdy’ things (as Ellie had called it).

Ellie seemed set on wanting her room to match with the covers and not be too colorful, scowling at things she liked that weren’t the right color.  She grabbed some posters of her favorite things and often asked Peter for his opinions as well

“This or this?” she held a poster of what Peter had learnt was ‘vocaloid’ and a ‘Mermaid Melody’ poster, both featuring the colours she wanted.

“Why not both?” Peter asked, not seeing a difference between the long haired girls in it

“It will be too cluttered” Ellie rolled her eyes once again at Peter’s decorative skills

“Well…I liked the music video of the hologram singing?” he tried pointing at the vocaloid one and Ellie turned to look at it as well, nodding in agreement and rolling it to put it in her basket.

Their cab waited in front of their house as they quickly dropped the bags at the front door, the driver being nice enough to help carry some things and making small talk with Ellie. Peter assumed he had kids from the fact that he had a key ring with a heart written ‘dad’.

The driver was polite and didn't take offense to parking the car for a while before taking them to their next destination. Peter saved his number in case they ever needed a ride again.

“Smells good” Ellie sniffed the air as they entered a hidden restaurant, it was small but cozy, empty enough for Peter’s comfort.

“They make huge burgers here” Peter said as he sat down at his usual booth, finding it weird to have someone sat with him for once.

Ellie ordered a bacon burger without any pickles, with apple juice, and Peter got his usual nacho burger, with some apple juice for himself as well.

He was happy that Ellie seemed to like one of his favorite places to eat, watching fondly as she stuffed her small cheeks with huge bites of the burger that barely fit in her hands.

“If you can't eat all of it its ok” Peter bit into his burger as well, nearly choking on a laugh when Ellie replied something with her mouth full.

Peter opened his burger after a few bites and began placing some fries inside it before closing it once again, not pointing out how adorable it was how Ellie stopped mid bite to try and copy him as well.

“I actually have this week off” he said, pausing to swallow his food.

“Das-guud” Ellie chewed, swallowing down her food before continuing “but what about dad?” she asked with worry evident in her voice

“The psych ward has many talented and skillful doctors that will be able to take care of him while I’m away” he reassured, finshing his burger as Ellie nodded

“Then that means I won’t spend the weekend alone…right?” she asked shyly and Peter came to the realisation

“Oh yea- Kids dont have classes on weekend” he had in the middle of eating a fry, quickly covering his mouth in embarrassment at having spoken with his mouth full

“Yeah” Ellie seemed amused by his slip up

“I'll see if I can change my timetable when I’m back home” he cleared his throat

“Okay” Ellie nodded her eyes widening when she looked down at Peter’s empty plate “You’re skinny but you eat lots” she seemed in awe

“Sorry” Peter felt his cheeks flush in shame

“Why?” Ellie asked, seeming confused

“Hm?”

“Why are you sorry?” she asked “its ok to eat, daddy says it helps you grow” she said, eyebrows drawn with a wise nod

“Your dad is right” Peter laughed, not having the heart to tell her that he isn’t growing anymore.

Ellie didnt finish her food and Peter offered to wrap it in a napkin so she could eat it the rest later but she said it wasn’t worth it so- as the responsible adult that he was- he ate the rest for her, lifting his first in victory as if he had slayed a monster as Ellie cheered.

Maybe this once his life is actually working in his favour... Afterall, just because he didnt plan it it didn't mean it was bad

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

28.6K 1.3K 15
"In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually, they will hate you." -Green Goblin I do not own the rights to Spider-Man 2, this is just a...
49.3K 1.1K 66
*⚠️COVER ART DONE BY "Eggcat_MCU" ON TWITTER⚠️* stuck in quarantine and bored as sheet *insert specific vine here* if there's a TW I'll warn you. Pr...
277K 5.6K 72
Series of one shots about our favourite heroes Tony Stark and Peter Parker I'm gonna start including ships like Spideychelle, Pepperony, Clintasha et...
316K 8.8K 31
Just lots of sadness and pain and hurt/comfort and probably way too many hospital scenes Whumpcember Also published on AO3