A Billionaire's Mistake

By Believeeexoxo

Lincoln Nash has it all - except someone to share it with. Content with his bachelor life, he sabotages his m... More

Standalones in the A Billionaire's Mistake series
1|The Mistake
3|Muggles
4|The Serpent
5|Whiskey
6|The Revision
7|Eye Candy
8|Sweet-Talker
9|New Girl
10|Use Me
11|Wine
12|Safe
13|Third Party
14|Game
15|Nightmares
16|Good Morning
17|Gravity
18|Jett
19|Feelings
20|Rare
21|Buns
22|Praise
23|Promise
24|Hooked
25|Secret
26|Jealous
27|Flowers
28|Home
29|The Letter
30|Rough
31|The Flu
32|Water
33|Figuratively Speaking
34|Favorite Dish
35|Venice
36|Try
37|Only You
38|Scar
39|Damaged
40|Do You?
41|Tough Love
42|Patient
43|Ready
44|Quick
45|Payback
46|Vows
47|Hurricane
48|The Real You
49|Antidote
50|The Footage
51|Dirty Minutes
52|Guru
53|Balmain?
54|Snowman
55|Act
56|Paranoid
57|Favor
58|Trainer
59|Coincidence
60|Secrecy
61|Thrive
62|Fair
63|The Future
64|Control
65|Person of Interest
66|Our Girl
67|Boss Lady
68|Empire
69|Operation
70|Ring
71|Darkness
72|Never Again
73|Hidden Truth
74|Underestimated
75|Handle It
76|Easy Fix
77|Corden

2|Apologies

58.2K 1.2K 281
By Believeeexoxo

Chapter Two: Apologies

Lincoln

"Fix. It," Margo sneers as she slaps a business card down onto my desk. Her green flare intensely as anger courses through her. "I can't believe you were so stupid, Linc. I mean, what the fuck? Who would bring a briefcase to a date? Wasn't that a clue?"

If any other employee of mine spoke to me like this they'd be fired on the spot, but Margo has been my best friend since high school, and I offered her the job as soon as we graduated college and the company fell into my hands. If it weren't for her, I don't know how I would have managed to keep this business afloat.

Hell, I'm barely keeping it afloat. There's a reason Margo is so pissed about the mix-up with Sienna. Since I gained ownership of my father's company, things have taken a turn for the worst. A few years ago, Nash Hotels & Suites was the largest-growing hotel chain in the country. We opened up twelve locations the year my father...

I visibly wince as Margo continues to cuss me out.

After I took over, I couldn't keep up. I didn't think I'd be handed the company so soon, and there was too much to learn, too much to focus on at once...and in a matter of two years, the foundation of the company started to crumble. The economy was getting worse from the pandemic, and the turnover rates skyrocketed. We couldn't staff any of our locations fully, and that resulted in guests being unsatisfied, which then led to our ratings going down the fucking drain, and now we're losing money. A lot of it. Sienna Stone was supposed to be the key to our rebranding.

"You're an idiot," Margo huffs again, finally finished with her rant.

I analyze the business card of Sienna's on my desk, my eyes scanning over the e-mail printed neatly on the paper. "I know. What would you like me to do?"

"Um, I don't know," she says with a laugh, "grovel at her fucking feet. Tell her that your idiotic mother continues to set you up with psychotic women. I don't care what you do so long as you get her on board with us again."

A few of my employees stare inside the glass doors leading into my office, trying to figure out why Margo is so upset. It's not uncommon for her to be in a fit of rage, but typically the rage isn't directed toward me.

"She said she'd be in touch before she left. It seemed like she still wanted to do business with us."

"Yeah, and probably tank this company in the process, Linc, depending on how much of a dick you were. How bad was it?"

I suck in a sharp breath, refusing to meet eye contact with her.

"How. Bad. Was. It."

I clear my throat. "Uh, I may or may not have asked her if she wanted to have a good time then we could—"

"Oh my god!" Margo shrieks and I wince again from the squealing sound. She tucks a piece of her perfectly straightened black bob behind her ear and sighs. "E-mail her. Right now and apologize."

"You do realize that you're technically my secretary and not my boss, right?"

She rolls her eyes. "Please. If it weren't for me, you'd be an absolute mess. Email her."

I can't argue with that, so I bob my head before she stalks out of my office, slamming the door sharply behind her. The assistants lingering by the door scatter in fear as she orders them to go do something, and I hold back a laugh as I open up my email. Margo keeps me in check, and as much as she may annoy me sometimes, I know she always looks out for my best interest.

I have three red-flagged emails from my financial advisor, Brock, which means I'm to look over the reports immediately. No doubt our sales are tanking even further than they already have. I'll have to set up a meeting to go over those with him later.

Another email from Archer, my best friend from college, asking to go for drinks later, but I ignore that one and hit compose new in the top right corner.

To: sstone@stonemedia.com

Subject: Apologies

Ms. Stone,

I owe you my deepest apology for the way things transpired this morning and would love the chance to explain the mix-up if given the opportunity. Your business is very much needed and appreciated.

Lunch tomorrow?

Best,

Lincoln Nash

CEO

Nash Enterprises, Inc.

SiennaSiennaSienna.

Her name is still on the tip of my tongue after I hit send, and although the smart thing to do would be to read those flagged emails from Brock, instead I hit the internet to see what I can dig up on Sienna.

I didn't expect her to be so...young. She owns the most successful marketing firm on the entire East coast, maybe even the country, and she's only... I scan the information that pops up, a huge gulp forming when I read twenty-five. Younger than me and just as successful. It's intimidating as hell.

And when she looked at me today like I was the last person on earth she'd ever give the opportunity to take her home... I mean, hell, could I blame her? I was a dick. What was supposed to be a formal business meeting ended up being an offer to come home with me. I cringed at the embarrassment flooring through me.

An entrepreneur herself, she built her company solely on her own. How the hell did she do that by twenty-five? I'm impressed. More than impressed as I continue scrolling. Born and raised in California. It looks as if she moved to New York after college.

Why would she move from the one state where her company would more than likely be the most successful?

I continue contemplating the thought as I click on the images now, grazing my eyes over the countless photos of her at different events. I stop at one of her on a red carpet wearing a silky little number, a deep cut down the fabric to outline her breasts and a bit of her stomach. She's curvy in all the right places with skin so smooth that it's almost as silky as her dress.

I know I was a dick to her today, and I know I shouldn't have said what I did, but if she had just taken me up on that offer...fuck.

We would have hailed a cab right from that coffee shop. On the drive I would have brushed my fingers against hers, giving her just a taste of the touch I'd be giving her as soon as we made it back to my condo. Then, thirty stories up, in my home that overlooked the city, I'd take her right then and there. I wouldn't make time for small talk, because, after all, we both agreed to just have fun, and I'd rip that fucking tank top down to see those perky breasts of hers... then I'd push her against the glass windows and hike that skirt up so I could sink down on my knees in front of her and show her just why I've chosen to remain a bachelor for so long.

A ding from my computer snaps me out of my thoughts, my hard-on pulsing tight against my suit pants. I try to re-adjust myself in my chair and close out the pictures of her, sighing at the reply on my screen.

From: sstone@stonemedia.com

Subject: Clarification

Mr. Nash,

While an explanation is unnecessary, I will agree to meet only so that I can go over my plans for Nash Enterprises, as there is much to discuss.

Just to clarify, this will be a business meeting, correct?

Regards,

Sienna Stone

CEO

Stone Media Entertainment

Is that humor I'm detecting? I don't know her well enough to continue the sarcasm, and I'm also disliking the fact that I wish I did.

Before I'm able to reply, an email from Margo.

From: msinclair@nashhotels.com

Subject: Stop Being Stupid!!!

Hello boss,

Friendly reminder that I can see everything you search, and let me be the first to point out that Sienna is very much out of your league.

-- Margo

God damn that security breach last month. I forgot to have Thomas put my search history on a different server.

I'm also trying to ignore the fact that this is the first time Margo has ever said that another woman is out of my league.

To: msinclair@nashhotels.com

Subject: Relax

As ravishing as Sienna is, I'm still only built for the bachelor lifestyle. Perhaps I needed some images for...later ;)

P.S. - set me an appointment with Thomas so I can get you to stop snooping. Also, please delete this email before he gets on my ass.

- Linc

From: msinclair@nashhotels.com

Subject: You Got It!

Forwarding it now :)

- Margo 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 87.5K 27
# Book 3 in Billionaire Romance Series # Aylin Stone, had always thought her life to be a circus. With a job that barely payed her bills, A asshole...
5.2M 162K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
190K 6.3K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...
902K 22.5K 43
Nathan Parker A 24 years billionaire and a single father of 2 years old. He is cold, arrogant, rude and doesn't give a shit about any others feelings...