『L X Reader Oneshots Part 2.』

By Suga_and_seesaws

Part 2 of my first L oneshots book. Hope you enjoy! More

- Introduction -
- the ghost of you -
- strawberry fields forever -
- 1979 -
- request page -
- people are strange -
- jealous -
- fluorescent adolescent -
- cupid de locke -
- sakura kiss -
- sakura kiss (2.) -
- headcanons -

- mary on a cross -

321 5 3
By Suga_and_seesaws

L X shinigami! Reader

Description - Being friends with Ryuk is fun! Especially when that leads you to meet a black-haired detective (also, reader looks more like Ryuk's original character design, more human like, than his actual one)

Song - Mary on a Cross~ Ghost

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

'Not just another Bloody Mary'

" Ryuk, this is boringggg..." you say, laying on Light's bed and letting your head dangle off the edge.

The mass murderer was currently having dinner with his family downstairs, leaving you and Ryuk to waste away in his room.

" I don't care if you're bored. You're the one who decided to come to the Human world with me." He answered, munching on an apple.

You rolled your eyes before getting up from the bed, making sure to stretch out your wings in the process.
" I know that it was my decision to go to the human world but if I knew it was going to be this boring, I would've never come."

Ryuk covered his ears in an attempt to block out the nonsense that was spewing from your mouth but to no avail.

" What other fruit do you think is in the human world? I saw a recipe in Light's mother's cookbook and it called for a fruit named strawberries. It was red like an apple but it had green leaves on top. What do you think it tastes like? It is sweet? Or maybe sour-"

" SHUT UP! STOP TALKING! YOU'VE BEEN GOING ON ABOUT STRAWBERRIES FOR THE PAST 15 MINUTES!" He screeched.

Suddenly the door opened and you were met with an annoyed looking Light. " You two are loud. You're lucky that I'm only one who can hear you." He says and locks the door behind him.

Light sat down at his desk and took out Ryuk's death note. The reason he didn't have yours was because you refused to make a deal with him, saying it would be boring and that you only came with Ryuk to have some fun.

" I won't bother you or spoil your plans if that's what you're worried about. I honestly couldn't care less about what you humans do." You assured him.

" Besides, I'm only here to see what the human world has to offer. I bet it'll be fun and full of cool things to do!"

" How many names are you writing today Light?" You asked, now laying in the air and using your wings to keep you afloat.

" As many as I can. I'm not going to be able to write any tomorrow." He says and continues to write names down.

" And why is that?" " I'm meeting the famous L tomorrow and it'll be suspicious if I leave to write anything down so might as well set them up now."

You practically squealed as you fell onto Light's bed again. " Yes! Maybe some actual fun for once!" Both Light and Ryuk sighed as you continued to make up scenarios in your head.

╚────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.──────╝

It was only a matter of minutes before you would walk through the door of the hotel room and meet L.

Hovering above the ground next to Light, you impatiently waited for his father to guide him into the room and introduce himself.

" Alright, we've gotten the go ahead from Ryuzaki. Head on inside Light." You squealed again and gripped into Ryuk's arm.

" Isn't this so exciting! I wonder what L will be like! Ohhh I just can't wait!" Ryuk shook you off of him and groaned as you pushed him out of the way and into the room.

Looking around the room, you were astonished by all of the scattered paperwork and plates of sweets. Finally, your (eye color) eyes locked with black ones and you felt your face heat up.

The male with black eyes had a pale complexion and jet-black hair. He was sporting a white shirt with dark blue jeans.

" Oh hello there. You must be Light. I am L but call me Ryuzaki." The black haired male says. You swear you could feel your heart burst from your chest.

Ryuk heard that you had gone silent and looked over to make sure you were alright. He could see visible hearts in your eyes and watched as your wings flapped happily.

" (Y/N), you alright?" He asked, concerned about your silence. " He's hot." You heard Light's breath hitch in his throat at your words.

" Are you serious? You're a powerful shinigami with the power to kill anyone with your death note and you fall for a human?" Ryuk deadpanned.

Light cleared his throat, signaling you two to stop talking. " Hi Ryuzaki! My name is Light, it's great to meet you!" Light slightly bowed before taking a seat where L had pointed to.

Ryuk stood near Light but you flew next to L and sat on the armrest of his seat. " His skin is so pale, I love it!" You say, admiring his pale complexion. Ryuk snorts while Light struggles to hold back an eye-roll.

" Pardon my disturbance but I have your strawberry cake, Ryuzaki." An older man says, setting down a slice of cake on the table.

Your eyes widen and you feel yourself begin to drool. " S-Strawberries..." you hop off the armrest and down towards the cake.

Licking your lips, you were about to pluck the strawberry from the top of the cake when Ryuk grabbed your hand and pulled you back towards Light.

" You can look all you want but if you try and eat one then he'll notice and Light will get mad at you." Ryuk says, forcing you to sit down and behave.

You groan and continued to stare at the strawberry as Ryuzaki ate it. " You better buy me a whole carton when this meeting is over Light."

╚────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.──────╝

Huge time skip, like to when L can see Rem.

You watched as L touched Misa's death note, allowing him to see Rem. Her cold exterior never changing.

" Psst! Rem, get him to touch a sheet of my death note!" You whispered in her ear.

Rem was taller than you by quite a good amount but if you used your wings, you were able to reach.

She said nothing as she took a sheet of your death note and slipped it into hers. Rem nonverbally instructed L to touch this page as well.

" Wait (Y/N)! What are you doing-" Ryuk tried to stop you from letting yourself be revealed but was too late.

Ryuzaki did as instructed and watched as a figure started to appear beside the first shinigami. As time passed, you started to become more clear.

Your (hair length) (hair color) was absolutely gorgeous as it faded from (hair color) to (favorite color). Even though you were a shinigami, you had a more human-like appearance.

Your ears were littered with piercings and your wings were of those of a vampire bat. You had a (favorite color) leather jacket that was adorned with spikes, skulls, and other pins.

Your shirt was white and you had black (pants, shorts, skirt, etc.) along with black high topped combat boots.

L watched as you smiled and waved at him, showing off your sharp teeth and nails. " Hello! I'm (Y/N), it's nice to meet you!"

He stumbled backwards a bit. You were absolutely breathtaking but he wasn't expecting those sharp canines. " It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance as well."

You flew closer towards his face to get a better look and giggled as your face flushed. " You're easy on the eyes aren't you?"

Ryuzaki felt his face warm up a bit as he turned around to address the Task Force. " I believe these shinigamis can help us.

╚────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.──────╝

There was a red tint coloring the room as you watched the Task Force panic. " Wait, where's the shinigami?!" Light yelled.

He was referring to Rem, not you, but that didn't calm anyone down. " Watari, are you alright?" Ryuzaki asked through the microphone.

You knew he wasn't alright and in a matter of moments, L wouldn't be alright either. You knew Rem was going to kill him to save Misa, sacrificing herself in the process.

Flying around Headquarters, you managed to find Rem about to write L's last name in her death note.
" Wait Rem! Please don't kill him, please!"

You grabbed onto her arm, begging her to stop writing. " I must. If not, then the one I love will be killed." She explained.

" You don't have to do this! I can help you stop Light, I haven't made a deal with him, please I know I can help. Just don't kill him!"

By now, tears were forming in your eyes and threatening to fall. She shook her head no and was about to write the final letters when you grabbed the book from her hands and flew away.

" No! Come back!" She flew after you, but you were quicker. You ran back into the room where everyone was gathered and wrote down a name.

A minute passed before Light had collapsed onto the floor, clutching his heart. His father immediately rushed to his side but it was too late, he had died.

With Light dead, that meant that L lived. That meant that you broke the most important rule of the shinigami law;

You must never extend the life of a human.

You dropped Rem's notebook on the floor, causing everyone to turn their attention towards you. Chief Yagami glared at you.

" You! You killed my son you bastard!" You looked at him with no remorse evident. " He was Kira." The Task Force looks at you in shock.

" He was going to kill Ryuzaki if I hadn't stopped him. I'm so sorry, I couldn't save Watari." You felt your feet becoming numb as you spoke.

L walked up to you and grabbed your hands. " You solved this case and I am sure Watari would be grateful."

You smiled briefly before seeing your feet turning to dust. L felt something fall onto his foot and looked down to see that you were fading into dust.

" What's happening?" " I broke one the rules of being a shinigami. You must never, under any circumstance, extend the lifespan of a person. If I hadn't killed Light, then you'd be dead. I extended your lifespan and now I'm paying the consequences."

By this point in your explanation, your body from the waist down had turned to dust. No one spoke for a moment before the silence was broken by L.

" Thank you, so much. I'm not sure why you sacrificed your life for mine but, thank you." He smiled at you and you couldn't help but let the tears flow from your eyes.

" Because I fell in love with you Ryu..." you started. The sentence was never finished because you had already turned to dust.

The only things other than the pile of dust left on the floor was your death note along with a pen covered in a strawberry pattern.

Suddenly, your death note started to float as if being picked up by an invisible force. A different death note was placed in front of L as he touched it.

Ryuzaki was met with a tall shinigami dressed in black with red eyes and sharp teeth. The shinigami grinned and introduced his name as Ryuk.

" (Y/N) was my friend. They tagged along with me to the human world for an adventure and it looks like they got more than they bargained for." He crouched down and placed the dust into a container with skulls and spike on it.

" Wait where are you taking them?" L asked Ryuk. He let out a cackle in response. " You didn't think I'd actually leave them here did you? I'm taking them back to the shinigami realm."

Ryuk stood back up and handed L your pen. " They would've wanted you to keep it. (Y/N) liked you a lot."

Ryuzaki took the pen and observed the small strawberries covering it. The shinigami in front of him began to flap his wings and fly up.

" Well, that was exciting. Farewell mortals." He cackled again before flying out of headquarters.

L watched as Ryuk flew away, taking you with him and the only thing L had to remember you by was a strawberry covered pen and his life that you saved.

'Your beauty never really scared me'

(Authors Note : I hope you liked this one! Sorry it took so long though!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 4.5K 109
ADVENTURETIMEFANTICS L X READER ONESHOT SERIES 3 BOOK 1 [BOOK 1/3] [UNEDITED] [COMPLETED] Itttssss bbaccckkkk! Over 1000 oneshots wasn't enough for...
34.6K 707 30
Random situations in which I like to put L and (Y/N). Enjoy~
1M 21.5K 184
ADVENTURETIMEFANTICS L X READER ONESHOT SERIES 2 BOOK 1 [BOOK 1/3] [UNEDITED] So by now you would know the drill, but this ones a bit different! This...
926K 32.4K 21
❝ 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘢 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 . ❞ A secret relationship between (Y/n) and the world's greate...