The devious lie

By Fathimaparuk786

More

Confrontation

Confession

10 1 0
By Fathimaparuk786

" oh you'll listen , asshole " with that I start explaining how he's the reason every college has kept me on the waiting list as they're busy running after him . We've been enemies since the fifth grade , when academics became important and yes at times he's been better than me but for the most part his ' soccer-god' reputation precedes him and so he's always felt threatened.
Threatened that I'll swoop in and steal everything he's worked so hard for , all his grades and his fan clubs and everything in between .

He stands before me , a smug smile gracing his lips and his emeralds eyes bearing into mine , so light they're almost clear . He thinks I've accepted me defeat , he thinks he's won the bet , he thinks he's won . But boy is he wrong . My mother always told me to let the enemy believe they've won and that's what I'll follow to the T .

Fèlix always said that when he finally wins the war I had to do something for him , so a part of letting him believe he's won is to do his stupid requirement . " now will you tell me what I have to do ?"

The smug smile never fades as he replies , " one dinner , sweetheart ."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

925K 55.1K 49
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 �...
186K 14.5K 36
Her marriage was fixed which was an arranged marriage but she moved to London to pursue her career and dreams and after that, she would marry. But in...
3.6M 291K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
4.1M 170K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...