Dino Jurassic Squad: The Offi...

By Tacidiacon

In a world were dinosaurs and man now coexist on the mainland, this guide exists to document the many prehist... More

Introduction
Allosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Apatosaurus
Atrociraptor
Baryonyx
Brachiosaurus
Carnotaurus
Ceratosaurus
Compsognathus
Carcharodontosaurus
Corythosaurus
Dromaeosaurus
Datousaurus
Dilophosaurus
Deinosuchus

Acrocanthosaurus

55 4 0
By Tacidiacon

Aggression: moderate- extreme 

Size: 48-49.5 feet (length), 16.6-17.5 feet (height)

Weight: 6.7-7.7 tons 

Diet: carnivore 

Acrocanthosaurus is considered the second largest carnivorous theropod on the mainland. It is also the fastest, with it being able to reach speeds of 49 km/h. Reports of Giganotosaurus are commonly mistaken for those of Acrocanthosaurus, due to their similar size and appearance. While Acrocanthosaurus is lighter than most other mega-theropods, but it also has a powerful stomp that can knock people in a three-foot radius off their feet. 

Unlike most theropods, Acrocanthosaurus are incredible parents, and are seen raising their offspring until they reach adolescence. Acrocanthosaurus has no tracible origins to any company, leaving many to speculate that the Acrocanthosaurus cloned are from a third-party group. 

Signs of Acrocanthosaurus territory:

-Presence of a kill sight, commonly filled with skeletons of dead prey animals. 

- Lack of prey animals, primarily small and medium herbivores. 

Dos' and don'ts when encountering or in Acrocanthosaurus territory.

Do:

-Be aware of your surroundings 

-Listen closely for footfalls. 

-Use flares to distract it if attacked

-Avoid females with visible offspring

Don't:

-Attempt to intimidate it

-Approach young 

-Hide underneath it 

-Run, Acrocanthosaurus could run you down easily. Especially the younger ones. 

Warning:

An encounter with this dinosaur can be dangerous and potentially fatal. If the dinosaur becomes aggressive or too comfortable in it's habitat, it may be too late. The advice given here should only be used as a last resort. Avoiding contact with this species is your first and best defense. 

Sightings:

-South Oregon 

-Sierra Nevada forests, California 

Trivia:

-Acrocanthosaurus' name means "High spined lizard" in Greek. 

-Acrocanthosaurus is one of three species of Carcharodontosaurid brought back from extinction, the other two being Carcharodontosaurus and Giganotosaurus. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 179 44
After finding an ancient artifact for Proffeser Palm, Jaylen is mysteriously transported to the pokemon world where he meets Zap the pikachu and goes...
24.7K 391 30
☆ requests closed ☆ ☆ kinda slow updates ☆ don't judge ☆ enjoy <3 ☆ highest ranking: • #1 ttte • #1 thomasandfriends
245K 4.7K 174
An accident. She's pregnant. How unlucky. She got pregnant in one shot! What was even more unfortunate was that the end of the world had arrived, and...
20.9K 581 157
Author: Xue Xiuhu Eight years after the end of the world, Wenzhu struggled to survive, and once he crossed over, but he reached a new end. The good n...