Pretty Reckless ━━ Derek Hale...

By Monrox

[COMPLETED] ❝It was my fault for caring. I've made a habit of never doing that again.❞ All teenagers dealt... More

PRETTY RECKLESS βœ“
| ZERO: Darker than Death βœ“
| ONE: Lingering Gazes βœ“
| TWO: Transition βœ“
| THREE: Beating Hearts βœ“
chapter four | web of lies
chapter five | hot girls and car wrecks
chapter six | a little taste
chapter seven | ptsd
chapter eight | seducing a stilinski
chapter nine | impulse under pressure
chapter ten | heart of stone
chapter eleven | werewolves and alcohol don't mix
chapter twelve | sugar lips and harsh words
chapter thirteen | bite to the dust
chapter fourteen | miguel juarez
chapter fifteen | the huntress and the wolf
chapter sixteen | words before threats
chapter seventeen | panic on the rise
chapter nineteen | the perfect shot
sequel.

chapter eighteen | howls at night

32.2K 966 114
By Monrox

18 // Chapter Eighteen

Howls at Night

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They ran, they ran like hell. Scott was in the lead, being blinded by all of his emotions consuming him. Clara had a hard time following him in a fast speed since she was barefooted and keep trying over her stupid long dress. Eventually, Scott tumbled down to the ground, his nails digging into the ground while his chest heaved up and down. He then let out a yell, tears rushing down his face. Clara watched from behind as he hit the ground in anger and continued to cry.

"Scott." Clara called out until scrambled over and being next to him, on his knees. She placed a hand on his back, trying to sooth him as her wide eyes watched over him, "Calm done. Everything will be okay."

"She knows." He cried, his voice weak, "She knows! We'll never be together now!"

For a moment, Scott cried and Clara was silent, unknowing how to help him or reassure him that everything will be alright since she didn't even know if everything would be okay, "Scott, listen to me. Everything between you and Allison will be okay. I promise you that. But right now we need to focus at the problem at hand."

Slowly, he lifted his head up with puffy eyes and his cheeks wet from the unstoppable tears. But a certain gleam of determination found its way into his eyes and Clara knew Scott would do anything to be with Allison and to protect her.

Even if that meant killing the Alpha.

"So how exactly are we going to do this?"

"Just shut up and follow."

Clara lead Scott deep into the Beacon Hills preserve just as the moon was at its highest peak. After Clara was able to calm Scott down and bring him to the safest place, the clinic, the two devoured a plan. The thing about wolves was that they howl in order to find one another, to find the other werewolves' location. An Alpha does it to signal the pack. Clara knew this and also knew that without Derek they would never defeat Peter.

So the two werewolves got themselves cleaned up in new clothes and went into the preserve. At this point, Clara was done screwing around. Peter freakin' Hale has messed with them long enough and she was done with it; now she was in ruthless mode. But when she's in ruthless mode, she tends to act reckless which is never good.

Clara finally got out of that dress and uncomfortable shoes, changing into dark blue jeans, a white tank top and black leather jacket. Finally, the two teenagers arrived at the edge of the Beacon Hills preserve, the same spot where Derek took her the day after the whole video store incident.

She pointed at a rock that lead upwards on the cliff, "Stand over there and howl, howl like never before."

"And you sure this will lead us to Derek?" Scott questioned her, raising an eyebrow.

"If he hears it, then he'll howl back and we'll be able to locate him." Clara looked back at him, feeling slightly proud of herself for thinking the plan up, "Now howl like never before, be the wolf."

Scott nodded, all of his courage gaining inside of him. He crawled up the rock until the very peak and howled, howled so loud that every werewolf in the two could possibly hear it. After he was done howling, he jumped off of the rock and the two backed away, waiting to hear a sound.

But after moments of silent, they realized their plan didn't work. "I didn't work." Clara mumbled to herself before sighing in disappointment and began to walk away.

Both her and Scott froze once a distance yet hollowed howl was heard, the two werewolves able to pin Derek's exact location which wasn't to far from where they were now.

Scott and Clara began to run again; Scott on all fours while Clara was running the normal, human way. She always found running on all fours hurting her back.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 "I brought a little help too."

Clara and Scott watched the tortured hired by Kate turn around the face them, his face suddenly covered in shock. Derek then upper-cut him, sending him unconscious onto the floor.

"Well, that went well." Clara muttered, letting out a breath of relief. As the two teenagers walked forward a few steps, Clara watched hesitantly as Derek tore off the electrical pad on his chest. She knew the plan that her and Scott came up with in order to save Allison's family but she had a feeling that Derek was not going to like the plan.

"Scott, Clara, help me with this." Derek said as he glanced with the chain that cuffed his hand to the metal bars.

"No."

Derek snapped his head at the two, his eyes lingering onto Clara the most but all she did was keep a stern look on her face, "What?" He questioned, dumb-founded.

Scott looked at Clara from the corner of his eyes, looking for support. Clara huffed, adverting her eyes somewhere else, "Not until you tell us how to stop Peter."

"You two really wanna talk about this right now?" Derek asked them, his patience limited.

"He's going after Allison and her family. He's going to kill them." Scott pleaded.

"So what!"

"So tell me how to stop him."

"You can't!" Derek than angrily rattled his chain, "Now - I don't know when Kate's coming back, so just get me out of this right now! Get me out right now!" He yelled at them, Clara flinching at his tone.

"Promise you'll help us." Scott calmly demanded.

"You want me to risk my life for your girlfriend?" Derek yelled, his fury growing and getting the best of him, "For your stupid little teenage crush that means absolutely nothing? You're not in love, Scott. You're 16 years old. You're a child!"

Clara was some what hurt by his harsh words. Although she did not love Derek, as far as she was concern, the fact that he looked down on Scott for having strong feelings for a girl at a young age almost made her wonder if he looked at her that way.

Scott paused for a moment, nodding slightly as if he was considering it, "Maybe you're right. But I know something you don't. Peter said he didn't know what he was doing when he killed your sister, right? He lied. Remember this?"

He pulled out a folded piece of paper from his pocket, the piece of paper that had a dead deer on the ground with a spiral printed on its body.

"Where did you get that?" Derek growled.

Scott ignored him "My boss told me three months ago someone came into the clinic asking for a copy of this picture. Do you wanna know who it was? Peter's nurse. They brought your sister here so that Peter could kill her and become the Alpha, and that's why you're going to help me."

Derek was literally shaking with anger and the intense fury, a certain betrayal mixing in. The fact that his only surviving family member killed his sister was probably one of the worst kinds of betrayal.

But Scott sighed before turning around, "Just say you'll help me, and I'll help you unlock your other -"

The two teen wolves froze once they heard the sound of metal breaking off. They turned to see Derek rubbing his wrist and his broken hand-cuff lying on the ground.

He looked up at the two, "I'll help you."

The three werewolves walked towards the Hale house, Derek panting behind them. He was still weak, breathless from all the torture he had to endure. His arm was wrapped around Clara's neck, helping him balance on his stumbling legs. But that's when he stopped, "Hey. Hold on. Hold on. Hold on."

Everyone stopped, turning to Derek who was looking around, "Something doesn't feel right?"

Clara unwrapped his arm from her neck, "What do you mean?"

"I don't know. It's - it's kind of like it's -"

"No, don't say 'too easy' people say 'too easy' and bad things happen." Scott retorted while Derek rolled his head and slumped his shoulders, "What, do you think finding you was easy? Getting away from Allison's dad? None of this has been easy."

"Fine. You're right." Derek nodded, agreeing for once. Scott sighed in relief, glad he didn't have to argue with the Hale wolf.

That's when an arrow hit Derek in the shoulder, an inch away from hitting Clara. Once Derek dropped to the ground, Clara scrambled next to Scott. the two werewolves looked ahead and saw a some-what familiar pair ten or fithteen feet away. Another arrow sharply hit Derek in the leg, landing in on the ground.

"Scott, Clara, your eyes!"

But it was too late. They were already caught.

One More Chapter Until The Story Is Finished!!!!!

ONE MORE CHAPTER!!

~ ~ ~ ~ Monrox (Katie)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26K 598 47
-If you ever try to change me, I'll hunt you and everyone else you love. -You know we won't stop trying to bring you back. Especially Scott. -That'...
539K 12.6K 42
--I DON'T OWN TEEN WOLF THAT RIGHT GOES TO JEFF DAVIS WHO IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, THE ONLY PEOPLE I OWN IN THE STORY IS FREY, RIKA, ERIK, FINN, AND MI...
106K 2.8K 25
After everything that has happened to Clara and her friends, they all thought everything would go back to normal, well as normal as you can get in Be...
3.2K 63 12
{stiles stilinski ff} Rose Martin is just like any other teenager; she worries about her grades, thinks about her outfit choices in too much detail a...