Hate the Feeling; Mattheo Rid...

By sailorgurrrrl

"SNOW, SNOW WAIT! Please, you know I love you. You feel it too, you told me!" His eyes had a pleading look to... More

Cast
Chapter 1: The Sorting Ceremony
Chapter 2: Tyler
Chapter 3: "That's my name Sweetheart."
Chapter 4: Avada Kedavra
Chapter 5: The Deal
Chapter 6: That's hot
Chapter 7: The Duel and 1st Task
Chapter 8: Do you think I'm stupid?
Chapter 9: Hogsmeade
Chapter 10: Detention
Chapter 11: The Egg
Special Chapter: Cho Chang
Chapter 12: The Yule Ball
Thank you!
Chapter 13: The Truth
AESTHETIC
Chapter 14: Just friends
Chapter 15: The Second Task
Chapter 16: Beer
Chapter 17: IT'S YOUR FAULT
Tyler's POV: Not important just if u wanna read
Chapter 18: STFU
Snow Aesthetic
NEW CHARACTER
Chapter 20: Six Feet Tall and Super Strong(Kind of)
Chapter 21: Bad Move
Chapter 22: Not like I have anything better to do
Chapter 23: Sure
Chapter 24: Risky Moves
Chapter 25: Red Handed.
Chapter 26: Blood and letters
Chapter 27: Bad News
Chapter 28: Mattheo's dorm
Chapter 29: Sirius
Chapter 30: Actions Speak Louder than Words
Chapter 31: Butterbeer
Announcement:
Special Chapter: Harry's POV
Chapter 32: The Forbidden Forest
Chapter 33: In this situation again
Chapter 34: Monday
Mini Chapter
Update
Chapter 35: Plans ruined
Chapter 36: Please
AHHHHH!
Chapter 37: It's not what it looks like
Chapter 38: Final Dance
Chapter 39: Interesting News
Chapter 40: Pensieve Part 2
Chapter 41: Last Day
Chapter 42: The Third Task
Chapter 43: Portkey
Chapter 44: Voldemort
Chapter 45: The Dots
Chapter 46: Cedric's Goodbye
Chapter 47: Hate the Feeling
THANKS
Book 2

Chapter 19: Stormy Night

2K 42 4
By sailorgurrrrl

"He's stupid! I mean, threatening to put Veritaserum in my pumpkin juice for ingredients for the polyjuice potion? I'm no idiot to go on stealing ingredients from his cupboard."

"Snape is a complete wanker!" Ron is complaining about Snape with Harry and Hermione as they always do. 

"I mean, I didn't steal ANYTHING!" It's pretty clear Harry is worked up about this. "And when I walked by, the headmaster from Durmstrang, he had a mark on his arm. 

I spit out my drink at this. 

"GROSS!" Hermione jumps up and starts swatting at her clothes. "ABSOLUTELY BARBARIC!" 

"A MARK? ON HIS ARM? AND YOU'RE SURE IT ISN'T A TATTOO?"  

"Uhm... yea, he was telling Snape it's a sign or whatever and when they saw me, he covered his arm. Pretty suspicious if you ask me." He was trying to make speculations, I could tell, but I knew exactly what this was. 

"Uhm.... I may have an idea about that." 

"Oh do tell us please." Hermione seemed annoyed from my earlier actions. 

"Ok. So.... don't get mad, but I may have known that Snape MIGHT have been a death eater." 

All three of them gaped at me, surprised I would withhold such information.  

" BEFORE YOU GUYS GIVE ME ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR SHITTY LECTURES, hear me out.... I heard it from Tyler, and Harry.... I'm assuming you told Ron and Hermione about him...." 

"Right." 

" Yea, anyways, he told me that Snape could be a death eater. But he's full of shit you know? I mean I didn't think it was TRUE! But now I don't know....." 

"Well if he is, then why would Dumbledore allow him to be a teacher?" 

"I don't know..... maybe he truly is a reformed death eater, but I doubt it, Voldy had strong influence."  

The words sink into all three of them as they think about what I just said. 

"Wow.... that-that's just great. I- wow.... So we have 4 death eaters on the grounds. Tyler, Mattheo, Durmstrang guy, and Snape?"  

"Oh Ron, you seem to be in denial." I give him the fake sad face. 

"Not the time for your jokes Snow." 

"Right Harry. Always be serious and condescending, my bad." 

"I'm being serious. What can we do about this?" 

"Nothing. We do nothing. I mean, let's be real, neither of us stand a chance against Snape or Durmstrang guy. Plus, aside from contributing to our mental disorders, he never really physically harmed us, so I don't see why he would do so now." 

"Ok, but how about this. Remember how he so badly wants the DADA job? He must know a lot of dark spells... Suggesting that he knows a spell that would allow the triwizard cup to choose two specific champions... and who's to say he didn't put our names in the cup?" 

"What are the chances of that Harry? Snape is horrible, but he isn't stupid. He wouldn't do something under Dumbledore's watch, especially after having gained his trust. I may not be the biggest fan of him, but Dumbledore is smart, if he's choosing to trust him, then so will I. And remember our first year? When we thought he was the one trying to take the stone? Well he wasn't! So I don't see why he would do so now." 

I myself was surprised by what I've said. I'm no fan of Snape, but what I said is true. 

"What about your new best friend? What if he has something to do with this?" 

"Dude couldn't even beat me in a duel.  What makes you think he can do ancient dark magic?" 

He scoffs and looks to the side. 

Is he annoyed at my answer? 

"So you admit he's your new best friend?" 

"Wha- no I didn't! I never said that!" 

"But you didn't DENY it either!" 

"GOD you're infuriating! I can speak to WHOEVER I want to." 

"Well your choices are hurting the people AROUND you Snow! I hate to break it to you, but you aren't the only person who exists!" 

"OH SO YOU'RE CALLING ME SELFISH? Who's the one that HELPED you with spells for the second task, with homework, tests, quizzes, every damn thing. Put time aside for YOU guys. How am I the selfish one!" 

"Oh SHUT UP! BOTH OF YOU! You guys argue more than you agree! You guys are siblings! See this is exactly was Mattheo wants! He wants you guys to argue so it's easier to tumble you guys down!"  Hermione sounded out of breath. 

"OH SHUT UP HERMIONE! You don't know him! He isn't clever enough to think about collateral damage like that! God I'm done with this bullshit. You guys are so fucking narrow minded. Not every Slytherin is a jerk, not every death eater is still evil, not every person who isn't a fan of Harry Potter is stupid! UNDERSTAND THAT NOT EVERYTHING IS BLACK AND WHITE!" 

I storm out, fucking upset about how narrow minded they could be. To be fair, me and Harry do argue a lot, but that doesn't mean we don't care about each other! Even though it's a little late I storm to the astronomy tower, book in hand. I promptly sit on the ledge and read through the book, with the feeling of anger still lacing my brain. I think Mattheo is gonna come, in fact, I hope he will come because if I don't talk to someone who actually has logic soon I will go insane.  

Time passes and even so, I'm just pissed off. I have nothing to do, but the slight drizzle outside it nice and the few drops that hit my face feel cool and are calming to me. 

The rain starts pouring and pouring as it hits the ground. The dirt starts making a lovely, earth like kind of smell from the combination of rain and dirt. My book pages had some droplets of water on them, which was nice, and it kept the idea of rainfall fresh in my head.  

Thud thud thud. I heard the sounds of rainwater hitting the roof of Hogwarts harder now, and it was cooling and pleasant to hear. I hear and sound, but not rainfall, footsteps. I turn around and see that one person.  

"Hey Snow." He smiled, a book was in his hand. Of course.  

I stood up and shoved him.

"WHERE WERE YOU! God I thought you died! Since when does Mattheo Riddle NOT come to the astronomy tower, especially on rainy days!" 

"Sorry dude, chill. I was doing my homework."

"You? Doing homework? I must be rubbing off of you Mr.Riddle." 

He rolls his eyes in exasperation and sits on the ledge, book in his hand, once again. It's like the concept of talking is non existent to him. 

"So.... me and Harry and the others figured out that Snape and that Durmstrang professor were death eaters." 

"Yup." 

"Wait, you knew?" 

"Well yea, I was a death eater sweetheart." 

"I- wow." I was slightly pissed of that he didn't tell me. " Anyways, now they think one of those people, you, or Tyler put in me and Harry's name in the Goblet of Fire." 

I notice Mattheo's eyes glint with a hint of guilt for a second after he hears my last sentence before resorting back to his normal eyes. 

"I don't think it's possible four it to be any of you guys to be honest. I mean seriously." 

"Right...." 

"Look." I sit up straighter. "Mattheo, if you know something about this, please... tell me. If you know anything about this just tell me and it'll be easier for all of us." 

"I don't know! Ok? I really don't!" 

"You're getting pretty defensive you know? If you really didn't have anything to hide you'd be talking calmly." 

He stands up and throws his book to the side.  

"Well sorry Snow, but when someone asks the same question over and over again, I would tend to get a bit upset, you know?" 

I stand up to get to his level. 

"Hey- HEY! Don't leave. I'm being serious. I would think you'd help me. I defended you in front of my brother and my friends just to get this opportunity right now, ok? So just be honest with me, ok?" 

"I- I don't owe anything to you! Ok?" 

"I never said you did!" Lightning hits the ground and the thunder rumbles right on cue as I finish my statement and the danger behind our glares. I'm trying to keep my composure but it's getting increasingly difficult.  

"You're right. I'm sorry. It's just- it gets annoying, you know?" He sinks to the ground, his hands over his face. "God, this is bullshit." 

I slowly start walking over to him to sit next to him. 

"Hey... sorry. I didn't mean to... to stress you out. I just, I don't know. I'm trying to get answers but I JUST CAN'T! And it's frustrating." 

"That's how life is sweetheart." 

"I KNOW!

"You just do the normal things, wake up. breath. eat. sleep, and just do it again and again until it becomes easier one day." Hearing him say that breaks me. As if he's had to get used to this. 

" That one day is far from now." 

I look down at my shoes but that doesn't last long. 

"Hey." He gently tugs my shoulder so I look at him. "Don't think like that. I hate sappy speeches, but god you're in need for one. I mean, just because this is your current present, doesn't mean it has to be your future. Just work towards it, and maybe your future can be a bit more happy." 

"Damn, Harry might also be rubbing off on you." 

"Shut up, don't ruin the moment."   

Moment?  

Mattheo's POV: 

After hearing her speculations of who put her name in the cup, I feel that pang of guilt, because I know what really caused this. I know who did it. I know the plan. I know everything. But I can't stop the plan. I can't do anything against it. I just have to let them do it. 

And it hurts to know I can't stop the champions from getting hurt. Especially Snow, because really, she doesn't deserve this. None of them really do, but after everything she went through in the US, this is just like adding salt to the wound.  

And her telling me all the things she has said about me, it feels nice, having someone defend me. Someone at least listening. I hate this sappy stuff, god damn. 

The moment, the speech or whatever you want to call it, it's nice. It's nice sitting in silence with that one person until the silence becomes unbearable. 

Snow's POV: 

The silence becomes to awkward. As if there is to much unsaid in the air. 

"I-I should go." I stand up and he gets up too. 

"Yeah. You're right. But uh- don't forget what I said... ok? And... thank you... thank you for standing up for me."  

"Oh... that. You're welcome. Thanks for the.... I guess... speech?" I send a smile his way.  

I put a hand out for a handshake and immediately regret that. Wtf, not smooth. 

"Uh..." He tries putting a hand out, but then kind of twisting it. 

"Uh..." 

"Well.." 

"It-" 

"It- it's a hug thing." He completes, giving an awkward hug.  

It was awkward but I can't help but think of the cologne he was wearing as he walked away. Cologne? At 12 A.M? 

OK THANKS FOR READING! HOPE YOU LIKED IT!!! Things are starting to develop.... hehehe. Please vote, it helps a lot! 

Word count: 1940

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.6K 605 57
I WILL MAYBE EDIT IT WHEN I GOT MY OTHER BOOKS OUT!!! A girl was locked up her whole life. She didn't get to live the live she wanted. She had to go...
928 49 18
This is like most other Harry fics, protective older brother(s), Starts in year 3, Y/N has a secret power blah Blah blah But I'll try to make it exc...
1.6M 39.9K 66
• Smut Warning • Completed • ~ Aria Rowen, A 7th year Hufflepuff returning after the Battle of Hogwarts. A certain Slytherin, coming back for his 8th...
3.5K 45 54
"This is the student you will be tutoring. I trust you will get his grades up in a short amount of time." "No worries, Professor, you can count on m...