Astoria → Draco Malfoy

saskiahdlt által

As Astoria Greengrass returns for her final year at Hogwarts, she realises that the dark magic did not die al... Több

PLAYLIST
EPIGRAPH
CAST
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY ONE
CHAPTER FORTY TWO
CHAPTER FORTY THREE
CHAPTER FORTY FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY SIX

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

124 3 0
saskiahdlt által

"castle crumbled overnight"

When Astoria awoke, a heavy fog hung over her head. Each of her thoughts felt heavy, her eyelids barely able to stay open as the golden light shone in on her.

"You're awake!" She heard her sister say gleefully, squeezing her hand tightly. "You had me so worried," she said, shuddering. "I-I've never seen anything like that."

"What happened?" All Astoria could remember was hitting the ground, she touched her hand to her head, the pain coming along with the memory.

Daphne gulped, "I think you... you had a seizure." She knew the implications of the word, but she knew that Astoria already knew, she had known it was coming ever since the same had happened to her mother.

"I'm almost eighteen..." The realisation sank in, she knew the blood curse that had haunted her family would begin to affect her soon. "Was this-?"

"We don't know," Daphne shrugged, "it could have been stress induced, but it, it also could have been the beginning. You still have plenty of time though, remember, mother had these symptoms for years before..."

"Before she died."

Daphne squeezed her sister's hand tighter, "it will be okay Astoria." Daphne wasn't entirely sure if it would be, unlike Astoria, she had been old enough to watch at the blood curse took full control of her mother. She had been the one who had to tend to her, when her father no longer could. Daphne had watched as the illness progressed, as it took over, turning her mother into someone entirely different. Unlike Astoria, Daphne knew what the future held, and it was a future she wished Astoria would never have to face, but despite the odds, she would be.

"I've got time." Astoria said simply, "I can still see the world."

"And ride a dragon!" Daphne grinned, recalling how it had once been Astoria's only wish to ride a dragon, how she had begged her parents for one for years, pleading with them that yes, it would fit in their garden.

"How could I forget? Although, after seeing them in the Triwizard Tournament, I'm not sure I trust them anymore!" She shook her head, the gruesome picture of the blood-soaked rocks in the arena overcoming her.

"I think," began Daphne, "we could find one better trained. Those must have been trained to kill, we'll find a nicer one for you. Anything you want Astoria, anything."

Astoria remained in the Hospital Wing for the next few days, under the watchful eye of her friends. She felt as though she was a child being checked in on, but still, she appreciated the company.

When it finally came her birthday, Astoria was released, hand in hand with her sister.

"Do be careful Miss Greengrass, in your condition, anything could be dangerous..." Madame Pomfrey trailed off, smiling at the Greengrass sisters, "look after her." She nodded at Daphne who quickly reciprocated.

"Of course," she smiled, "Astoria will stay in my line of sight."

Astoria rolled her eyes, "I'm not a baby Daphne!"

"You're my baby," she pinched her sisters' cheeks, "now, let's get you back to the common room, the others have a surprise!"

"Merlin- what have they done?" Astoria hated surprises, they were too unknown, impossible to prepare for and somewhat frightening.

Daphne grinned at her, "you'll have to wait and see!"

When they finally arrived at the Dungeons, outside of the Slytherin Common Room, Daphne paused, turning to face her sister, "they tried their best okay, we still aren't supposed to leave the classroom, but at least pretend you like it."

Astoria nodded at her sister, "Daphne, I appreciate even just the thought." She stepped into the room, and at once, she was beaming. "Merlin!" She exclaimed, looking up at the ceiling.

"Do you like it?" Theo asked her enthusiastically.

"It's amazing!"

Pansy cut in, "took Theo and Draco hours and about three new spells they tried to create! Happy birthday Astoria," she hugged her friend briefly.

Astoria could barely pay attention to the hug, instead, she was infatuated with what they had done to the place. As she looked at the ceiling, she was transported back to the beach, somehow it was as though her memory was projected onto the walls, ocean waves crashing against each corner of the room, the smell of salty air and rose perfume intoxicating her.

"How did you do it?" She asked, tears in her eyes.

"Theo told me about the memory you use, when you cast a Protean Charm." Draco began glancing over at Theo was seemed equally enthralled by the sight as Astoria. "And then I did some ready, with Blaise's help, and created a kind of projection spell."

"It's amazing," she embraced him, holding on for just a second extra when he pulled away. "Thank you!"

Blaise smiled at Astoria, "I thought we needed something to cheer us all up a bit..."

"Now," Daphne took her sisters hand, "let's do presents." She led her to the sofa, Astoria barely looking where she was heading, her eyes still glued to the ceiling.

"Hey," Theo called out, "pay some attention to us! He joked at her, causing her to blush.

"Sorry!"

"We all chipped in for something," Pansy began, "we weren't really sure what to get you, so this is all Theo's idea if you hate it." She handed Astoria a neatly wrapped package, tied together with a silver and green bow.

Theo smirked, "I paid a fifth year for it, so actually, we can blame them..."

"I'm sure I'll love it," she finally peeled herself away from the image plastered above her, sliding her fingers between the paper and pulling it open gently, careful not to tear the pattern on the paper. She peeled it away revealing the most gorgeous painting, "Merlin," she breathed out raspily.

It was just like the picture on the ceiling, but smaller. Golden sand covered the lower half, each grain beaming in the sunlight. Cerulean waves crushed against the sand, sea foam blurring the two colours together, merging them into one. In the corner of the frame, sat two individuals - Astoria and her mother. A youthful Astoria lay in her mother's lap, her skin saturated with the orange sunlight.

"Theo- it's beautiful." Again, she felt tears brim in her eyes. She wiped them away, shaking her head, "I love it."

He grinned, "just doing what I do best."

Astoria traced her fingers across the painting, running her fingers through every groove.

"We didn't manage to get a birthday cake, but" Blaise clicked his fingers, "I managed to get Millicent to convince the house-elves to let her steal a few cupcakes!" He clicked his fingers, a selection of cupcakes appearing out of thin air. He passed one into each of his friends' hands, "now, we aren't going to sing for you-"

She cut him off, "thank Merlin." Astoria had heard Blaise, Theo and Draco singing during post-Quidditch celebration and it was certainly not something she wanted to hear again.

"And we have no candles, so there's that too." Theo grunted, "we could set fire to the icing, but I don't think that would taste good..."

She rolled her eyes, "I doubt it Theo."

"So, enjoy your cupcake, and then we could have some Bertie Botts," suggested Pansy, brandishing a new package of the infamous sweets.

Astoria took a breath before biting into the cupcake, "goodness!" She exclaimed as the sweet flavours exploded in her mouth, "why don't they serve this more?"

Blaise shook his head, devouring the cupcake, "maybe if we beat the house elves more."

A stunned silence was cast across the common room.

"Blaise-"

"Mate-"

"It was a joke!" He protested, "Merlin have you all lost your sense of humour?"

Daphne cut him off, "we just only laugh when things are actually funny."

"And that," Draco grimaced, "was not."

"I'll do better next time then," he reached over to Draco, swiping the icing off of his cupcake and licking it off his finger.

"Gross," he pulled a face, "anyone want mine?"

"Thought you'd never ask." Blaise snatched the cupcake from his hands, ingesting it in one.

Draco tilted his head, "not quite what I meant..."

"Who has the next birthday?" Daphne thought aloud, "it's not Pansy, you've been and gone..."

"That would be me," smiled Drack awkwardly. "I'm not expecting anything like this though, just a packet of Droobles would do me."

"No can do," Pansy shook her head, "we aren't buying you Droobles, of all things."

"Yeah," agreed Blaise, nodding his head eagerly, "I can't steal something I don't like now, can I?"

"How inconsiderate of me Blaise! I do apologise, I guess I could settle for some Bertie Botts, if the budget allows..." He raised his brows, "I should hope you're willing to spend that kind of money on me."

Theo groaned, "not sure mate. Bertie Botts are getting more expensive by the day..."

"By the time it's June, they'll be a hundred galleons at this rate," added Astoria.

"Do you like it Astoria?" Her sister whispered in her ear quietly.

"It's alright, too sweet for my liking but any-"

"Not the cupcake," she shook her head, "are you happy?"

"Very. Very much so happier than before."

Daphne smiled, squeezing her sister in a quick hug, "anything you want, remember?"

"Speaking of," Draco began, "I have another gift for you Astoria," he reached out his hand, grasping hers, "come with me."

Astoria grinned, "where are we going Draco"

"To see the stars."

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

1.1K 45 13
Its his last year at Hogwarts and former Hogwarts bully, Draco Malfoy just wants to clean up his act and get through the year. Maybe even apply for a...
66.2K 1.8K 12
We've all read the epilogue of Harry Potter here, right? We've all become so obsessed that we look up stuff online and many of you may have came acro...
62.4K 1K 43
"Oi, Potter! Hands off my girlfriend!" Draco yelled. I rolled my eyes at Harry as I brushed myself off from the fall. "Relax, Draco... He's just hel...
156K 8.1K 52
Six years has passed since Voldemort won the war and Blaire Zabini was torn apart from her childhood best friend, Draco Malfoy. Will they ever be reu...