Destiny || LEVIHAN || DISCONT...

By Luna_Yakamoto

REQUESTED BY: @MissBubbles9 Hanji lives in a forest near the castle, alone and forever wandering. When a prop... More

Chapter 2: Within Evil
Chapter 3: Witch in the Woods
Chapter 4: Marriage
Author's Note

Chapter 1: Faint Memories

282 19 11
By Luna_Yakamoto

Levi's POV

When Mother was still alive, she took me walking through the woods. She said she loved how quiet it was outside and there was no one bothering us. She let me go for one second, and I was lured away into the deep woods by curiosity. When I wandered too far, I remember wanting to call out for help, but I didn't. 

"Are you lost?" I see a girl in a tattered brown dress as she walks through the trees. A basket filled with apples was in her arms. She tilts her head as her braid falls to her sides. "Why are you out here? Do you need help?"

"I... I think so..."

The girl puts her basket down, revealing bright, shiny, red apples. She carefully picks one and hands it to me. "Here, eat one."

"What is it...?"

"An apple." She says with a smile, "I like picking apples to snack."

I took it and bit into it. I don't remember having this before, and as I ate, I wanted more. Before I could mutter 'thank you to her, we heard footsteps and someone stepping on a twig. The girl's eyes went wide as she ran away into the woods, leaving the basket of apples behind. I saw the guards coming after me and taking me away from that spot. 

I was never allowed to go outside. They searched for the person that left the basket of apples there. They said that the person was dangerous. She wasn't dangerous... she cared. And I wanted to apologize for anything that may have happened to her. I didn't want it to end up like this. Never like this. Her crime was giving me apples. And I've grown to love it.

*   *   *

I woke up, feeling this weight fall onto my shoulders. My uncle, the rightful heir to the throne, was found infertile, and couldn't have a child to carry on the throne. Since my mother passed away, I'm the only one left on the throne. Because of that, my uncle has every right to control what I should do and who I should marry before I turn of age.

The mindset of conquering and acquiring power from small towns and small kingdoms was nothing but bothersome to me. All he wanted was power- that was his meal every day. I remember when he came back from one of his journeys across the land when my mother was ill. He was gleaming with joy as I saw bloodstains on his shirt. I couldn't tell if it was his or someone else's.

In 6 months, I would have to take the throne, and by then, I need to be married to whoever my uncle wanted me to marry. I don't want it to happen like that. The first thing that I want to do is to find that girl and apologize to her. Even if she doesn't remember, I do. 

*   *   *

"I want to go out," I say to my uncle as I was leaving the throne room. "I'll be back."

"Again? You've been leaving a lot. Don't tell me you have a secret lover."

"I don't. This is as much freedom as I can have before I take the throne. At least let me have my moments."

My uncle rolled his eyes, shooing me away. "Fine. Be back before sunset. I have other things to do that don't need you here."

That's the only time I can get away with leaving the castle: when he's busy. When I take over, I don't want to follow in his footsteps. I need to avoid saying or writing anything related to him. I would never sign the future of this kingdom to continue on its rampage for power. 

Aside from that, I thought about the girl I found in the woods. I always thought she was a mythical creature that lives in the woods. One of those stories where if you respected them, they would grant you a wish. If she was one of those creatures, I would wish for a better future for my kingdom. 

I wandered into the woods for an hour, finding myself lost. I wasn't afraid because if things were true, I could find her again. My memories of her began to fill my head recently. I thought it was a coincidence or my head is bringing up memories randomly. But a part of me thought it was something supernatural.  Something from fate or destiny.

But the hours ticked away and I wandered deeper into the forest. The longer I spent in that forest, the more I felt that she wasn't real. An imaginary friend. Something dangerous.

"What do you want?" I turned around and saw someone that resembled that girl. Just like that day years ago, she was carrying a small basket of apples. When our eyes met, she took a step back and dropped the basket. Apples fell out of the basket, bruising all of them. "No one in fancy clothes comes around here for no reason. What do you want?"

"Do you..." The words left my mouth as I attempted to speak. The second those memories came back to me, I rehearsed lines of what I would say to her if I ever met her again. "Do you remember about a boy that was lost in a forest? It was years ago."

"What about it?"

"I wanted to see you again."

The second I mention it, she quickly takes off, running deeper into the forest. I began to chase her, knowing that this might be the last time I see her. Somehow, I was able to keep up with her. I followed her to a tree, seeing her backing up into it.

"What do you want from me?" She says, gasping for breath. "People like you are nothing but chaos."

"It's as I said... I wanted to see you again. I dreamed of you recently, and... well, I felt bad that I left you in that state, not knowing what would've happened to you. I want to apologize for leaving you. And... I wanted to say thanks for that apple you gave to me. Maybe that might help tame this storm inside of me."

"You're not like the others... but you are dressed in fancy clothes. Who are you?"

"If I tell you who I am, can you tell me who you are?"

"Depends."

"Depends on what?"

"It depends on the kind of person you are. And so far, you're honest. But there's something about you... like you're hiding something."

"My name is Levi. I'm the next heir of the kingdom. Who are you?"

"Hanji. That's all. So... you're in next in line to be king, huh? What do you plan to do with your kingdom?"

"I want to do something that helps everyone, not kill. I want to lead a peaceful country. Not this... this... chaotic mess that my uncle has made."

"Honest..." She says softly, walking away from the tree and in a different direction. "Follow me."

"Where are you taking me?"

"Out of this forest. Someone like you shouldn't be here."

"Because I'm royal?"

"No," She says, "Because you're honest. This forest is for people who possess evil in their hearts. Only the wicked ones wander into the forest. Those who stay longer would see the full force of this forest. Quickly, before the sun sets."

As I followed her, I wondered why she was there. She says that this forest was for only people who possess evil in their hearts. If she was evil, why was she helping me?

"Hanji, why are you here?"

"This is my home. Always have been."

"Don't you ever want to leave? Somewhere else?"

She stops in her tracks, turning back, "What do you mean?"

"Don't you ever want to live somewhere else that's not here? You're helping me, so you're not evil. Why do you want to stay here?"

Hanji continues to stay silent as she doesn't look at me. Her arms are crossed over her chest as she stares at the ground. "I can't be anywhere else, Levi. This is my home. It always will be. I can't leave."

"Are you alone?"

"Every day."

"Then... tomorrow, can I come back and talk to you?"

"What's your reason for that?"

I sigh softly, "Because I don't want to be in the castle doing nothing. And so far, I don't have any friends. It's a long shot, but I want to be friends with you." Hanji looked at me, smiling at me. "Is that okay?"

"It is. Don't wander into the forest tomorrow. I might not find you in time."

"Okay."

Hanji finally leads me out of the forest in time as the sun began to set. "When will you come?"

"Around noon?"

"Don't wander in the forest, Levi." She repeats. "Promise me that."

"I promise."

*   *   *

When I fell asleep that night, I dreamed of that day again. I see her running away, and I could have sworn seeing plants growing to hide her from the guards. That can't be true. She's human... right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 7.1K 81
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
5.8K 79 10
The SMG4 crew re-create THREE classic Fairy-Tales. Tales include; Three Little Pigs, Goldilocks and Jack & The Beanstalk
4.6K 73 5
"I didn't have a choice..." Lack-Two and everyone else knows that Whi-Two is indeed a part of Team Plasma. He frequently tries to manipulate and capt...
432K 3.9K 69
[COMPLETED] #1 - guesstheanime: 07/23/2020