Forest Lake

By SophiaAria

Emma is an 18-year-old girl who lives with her mom and stepfather. She was sent to a boarding school when her... More

Introduction
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Update
Chapter 70

Chapter 6

9.8K 326 50
By SophiaAria

Emma POV

My mom didn’t answer her phone.

I called her a couple of times and she never answered.

I wasn’t surprised, really. I knew she would only answer if she saw that the principal was calling her, and I couldn’t ask the principal to call my mom. I would have to explain a lot, and I really didn’t want to do that. She will probably change her number again, now that she knows that I have this one.

Why didn’t she just put me up for adoption or leave me with my dad?

The rest of my first week went by slowly. I avoided my brother as much as I could. I kept my head down in class and made sure to be as quiet as possible.

That still didn’t stop him from glaring at me the whole time. I could feel his eyes on me and each time I looked at him, the coldness in his eyes made me want to cry.

I was consumed with thoughts about ways of leaving this school. Nothing came to mind. I could go home, but I couldn’t change schools without my mom. And I wasn’t going to throw away all my hard work and not finish the year because of him.

By the time Friday came by, I was more than ready for a party. I needed a distraction, and when Hazel asked me again, I agreed. Hazel said there would be a lot of people there, so I was sure Mason wouldn’t even notice me there. I will have fun and I will be able to hide from him in the crowd.

I was wearing jeans, my knee-high, high-heeled black boots, and a black, long-sleeved body. I tied my hair into a ponytail and applied a little bit of makeup. I was just finishing putting on my mascara when Hazel walked out of the bathroom.

“You look great, Em.” Hazel said, smiling at me.

She was wearing black jeans with high-heeled ankle boots and a white shirt. She let her hair down and her makeup was minimal, just like mine.

“You too, Hazel.” I smiled back at her.

“Are you ready to go?” she asked me as she grabbed her purse.

I nodded, taking a deep breath.

“It’s going to be great, Em.” she smiled. “Don’t worry.”

I followed Hazel out of the room, trying to calm myself down. As much as I wanted to go, I was nervous. What if Mason did see me? What if he gets mad?

Hazel and I left the building and started walking down the path toward the lake. It was 9 pm and it was really dark. Hazel had to use her phone’s flashlight so we could see where we were going. There were a couple of people walking in front of us and behind us. They were chatting and laughing excitedly.

I could hear the music getting louder, so I knew that we were getting closer.

A few minutes later, Hazel and I arrived at the lake.

Hazel was right. There were a lot of people. They were laughing, talking, and dancing. I saw some kids swimming in the lake, and a shiver went down my spine. The water must be freezing cold.

“Let’s go get a drink.” Hazel told me and took my hand in hers.

I followed her to the table full of bottles filled with different kinds of drinks. Hazel grabbed two plastic cups and filled them with beer from the keg. She handed me mine and I took a sip.

I looked around, but I couldn’t see Mason anywhere. That was a good thing. If I can’t see him, he can’t see me. I could use a break from his cold stare.

“Emma!” I heard my name being called, and I looked over my shoulder.

Oliver was standing behind me with a huge grin on his face. He walked over to Hazel and me. He was a little drunk already. I could tell by the way he was swaying while he walked.

“You look amazing, Emma.” he said, swinging an arm around my shoulders. “I’m glad you came.”

“It’s nice to see you, Oliver.” I smiled at him, trying to take a step back.

He was leaning on me, and I thought I would crumple under his weight.

“Do you have a drink?” he asked me as he took another sip from his cup.

I pointed at the cup in my other hand.

“Good.” he grinned. “Do you and your friend want to join me and my guys?”

“We want to walk around a bit.” Hazel said, grabbing my arm and pulling me away from Oliver. “Maybe later.”

“Cool.” Oliver nodded. “Come see me later, Emma. You are a sight for sore eyes.”

Oliver looked me up and down lustfully, and I crossed my arms over my chest, trying to cover myself up.

Hazel rolled her eyes, grabbed my arm again and started pulling me away from him.

“Thank you.” I sighed once we were away from him.

“You are welcome.” Hazel said, looking over her shoulder. “He is annoying.”

“He means well.” I said. “He just can’t take a hint.”

I’ve gotten to know Oliver a little bit over the last week, and he seemed nice. I was aware that he liked me, but I wasn’t interested.

Hazel and I walked around. The party was in full swing. People were dancing, laughing, and making out everywhere I looked. There were even more people swimming in the lake now. I guess the alcohol kept them warm.

I had my eye out for Mason, but I still didn’t see him anywhere. Maybe he didn’t even come to the party.

“Are you aware that every guy here is looking at you?” Hazel asked me, chuckling and sipping on her beer.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked around. I didn’t notice it before, but she was right. It wasn’t just the guys, though. The girls looked at me as well, but it was a different kind of look. Contempt. I was used to it. I was getting that look from them all week long. The guys were looking at me with interest.

“It’s because of my fight with Mason.” I sighed, taking a sip of my beer. “You know that we are the most interesting topic in school right now.”

I kept hearing all the different stories about me. Some said I was his cousin, while others said I was his sister. Most girls thought I was a whore who broke his heart, but they were afraid I would steal him from them. I stopped listening to all the different versions after Wednesday. It didn’t really matter what other people thought. I was planning on leaving soon anyway. I didn’t exactly know how, but I was planning it.

“I think it has more to do with how your ass looks in these jeans.” Hazel laughed, making me roll my eyes at her.

I raised the cup to my lips, wanting to take another sip, when someone janked it out of my hand.

Hazel gasped quietly, and I looked up, confused.

Cold eyes were staring down at me, and I froze.

“What the hell are you doing?!” Mason said through his teeth.

Chis and Jax were standing behind him, sighing and rolling their eyes.

“Hanging out with Hazel.” I said quietly.

I tried to take a step back from him, but my body refused to move.

Mason looked at the drink in my cup, sipped it, and narrowed his eyes at me when he realized it was beer.

“Why are you drinking?” he asked. “You are not allowed to drink.”

My eyes widened. What the hell is he talking about?

“Mase, man, leave her be.” Jax sighed.

Mason turned to him with a murderous look. I glanced at Hazel, who looked annoyed.

“Leave her be?!” Mason said angrily. “Every fucking man here is looking at my sister. She is drinking, she is alone and you want me to leave her be?!”

My heart stopped beating.

Does he care?

“She is not alone.” Chris sighed. “She is with her friend and it’s one beer, Mason.”

I glanced at Hazel, whose annoyed look turned into a stunned one. She was staring at the boys wide-eyed.

Mason turned back to me and I froze again.

“Go to your dorm room, E...” he said, but stopped himself before saying my name.

Why can’t he say my name?

Mason took a deep breath, running a hand through his hair. “Just go to your room.”

I stared at him as he stood up straighter, glaring angrily at the people around us.

“If any one of you fuckers touches her, I will hunt you down and kill you!” Mason shouted, making everyone look at him and me.

My mouth dropped open. Why is he doing this?

Mason gulped down the beer in my cup and walked away.

Chris and Jax turned to look at me and Hazel. Chris smiled softly at me, while Jax grinned.

“Don’t mind him.” Chris sighed. “He is drunk and in denial.”

“But maybe go to your room, though.” Jax added. “He is scary protective when he is drunk.”

I started at them, unable to form words.

What the hell just happened? Why did Mason do this?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 197 23
**THE ORIGINAL EMMALINE - BUT WATTPAD TOOK IT DOWN AND REMOVED MY ACCOUNT ** Emmaline Black is no stranger to abuse, or to torture of any kind from h...
44.4K 873 54
Crystal Danford, The only daughter of Mr and Mrs Danford. She came from a wealthy family. Her parents pamper her with money and everything you can...
2.6K 233 25
Some Secrets You Just Can't Keep... Dexter and Mae are twins.They had always been close, well closer than most siblings are anyways. Threw it all the...
30.1K 593 40
Mason is a gang leader that is only 20. Emma is a 17 year old girl who is very kind and down to earth, but she is a badass who is very strong, Emma l...