๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‚๐Ž๐‹๐Ž๐‘ ๐๐”๐‘๐๐‹๏ฟฝ...

By missdragneel_

"๐™’๐™๐™–๐™ฉ'๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ก๐™š๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™›๐™–๐™ซ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ก๐™ค๐™ง?" "๐™‹๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฅ๐™ก๐™š... ๐™„'๐™ซ๐™š ๐™–๐™ก๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™จ ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ๏ฟฝ... More

๏ฝƒ๏ฝ๏ฝ“๏ฝ”
๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ - ๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐š๐ฎ๐ซ๐š๐๐จ๐ง
๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ - ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ง๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘ - ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐๐š๐ฒ
๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’ - ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฆ๐จ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ ๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ค๐ฌ
๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ“ - "๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž" ๐ฏ๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž
๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ• - ๐ฉ๐ข๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž
๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ– - ๐š ๐ ๐ฎ๐ข๐ฅ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ
๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ— - ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ ๐ ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฆ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ
๐Ÿ.๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ - ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐จ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง (๐ฉ๐ญ. ๐Ÿ)
๐Ÿ.๐Ÿ๐Ÿ - ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐จ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง (๐ฉ๐ญ.๐Ÿ)
๐Ÿ.๐Ÿ๐Ÿ - ๐ ๐จ๐ง๐ž
๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‚๐Ž๐‹๐Ž๐‘ ๐๐”๐‘๐๐‹๐„ || ๐ฏ๐จ๐ฅ. ๐Ÿ
๏ฝƒ๏ฝ๏ฝ“๏ฝ”
๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ - ๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐ก๐š๐›๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ ๐๐ข๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐
๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ - ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง๐ž๐, ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ž ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ
๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘ - ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฅ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ
๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’ - ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž
๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ“ - ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐๐ž๐œ๐š๐ฒ
๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ” - ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ฅ๐ฆ ๐›๐ž๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฆ
๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ• - ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฆ ๐ฉ๐ญ. ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ– - ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฆ ๐ฉ๐ญ. ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ— - ๐ข๐ง๐ง๐จ๐œ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ฅ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ ๐ฎ๐ข๐ฅ๐ญ๐ฒ
๐Ÿ.๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ - "๐ƒ๐š๐ฌ ๐Œรค๐๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ก๐ซ ๐Œ๐จ๐ง๐"
๐Ÿ.๐Ÿ๐Ÿ - ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐š๐๐จ๐ฐ
๐Ÿ.๐Ÿ๐Ÿ - ๐œ๐จ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐š
!!Question for my readers!!

๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ” - ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐๐š๐ฒ

686 15 0
By missdragneel_

╔══ஓ๑☼๑ஓ══╗
— 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝟏 | 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟔 —
╚══ஓ๑☼๑ஓ══╝

(Ruby's POV)

It was the next day and it was already flying by, before I knew it I was walking out of Painting class alone. Harry hadn't shown up for some reason. I shrugged to myself with a small frown and told myself I'd ask him whenever I saw him. I took my books from my locker and made my way to the meadow not far off from the school into the woods, I strayed off the hiking path and found my destination after a few minutes. I was starting to set down my things when I saw someone in the flowers not too far away.

"Hello?" I called out cautiously, putting my bag back on my shoulder before slowly walking towards the figure.

"I ain't got no business with anyone right now so take yer'self elsewhere." The figure snapped, not even looking up from their spot in the field. I tilted my head a little, bewildered before I eventually realized I'd recognized that scruffy Scottish accent anywhere.

"Harry?" I asked and made my way over, looking down at him where he lay. He popped his eyes open and met mine, sitting up instantly.

"Oh, it's just you lassie, I'm sorry for being rude..." he sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. I frowned a little and set my things down, sitting next to him.

"Is something wrong? I didn't see you in class today, I couldn't tell if you were ditching or if I should've been worried..." I said with a small laugh to diffuse things. He just shrugged and let out a long sigh, laying back in the grass.

"It's a long story..." he said and draped his arm over his eyes.

"I've got the time," I said back with a small smile, scooting a little closer. He pulled his arm back down and took a deep breath, a scowl forming on his face.

"You could say I didn't exactly leave the island on good terms..." he started, seeming to collect his thought before he spoke again. "I had a captain on the isle, her name was Uma, and I was her first mate. She was absolutely livid that she wasn't one of the five selected to come ta Auradon so naturally, she didn't want me to accept my invitation, said I belonged there with her and the crew. And then there's my father, I didn't even tell him I got an invitation, we were never on good terms growin' up you see, so I didn't think it was any of that scumbag's business to know anyway."

"What did you end up telling them before you left?" I asked with a constant frown on my features.

"I didn't tell 'em shit..." He snapped to no one in particular "Uma would've lost et on me and my father probably would've strapped me down somewhere till it was too late." He said in frustration and let out a long sigh "The only people I told sort of, were my sisters..."

"You have siblings?" I asked in a bit of shock.

"Yeah, just two, Harriet and CJ. I loved 'em to death those girls. I left the two of 'em letters where I know they'd find it, told them to tell a couple others for me as well." He seemed to smile a little as it looked like he was recalling his sisters, grimacing again before he glanced at me "Anyway, the point of this was. During remedial ass-ness, Fairy Godmother arranged a "special treat" for us in honor of family day coming up. She had a video call set up and arranged for us to see our parents and you could only imagine how that went."

"Was it that bad?" I asked a bit timidly and slowly lay next to him propped on my elbow, resting my head on top of my hand.

"It was gods awful, the other's parents were being snippy and fighting with one another, Carlos snapped at his mum for the first time, and my father... at first he just stared at the camera, he looked like he was ready to break something. It wasn't till he had enough of the others that he got them to shut up and completely exploded on me. Calling me a 'useless son who had no right calling himself loyal when he was able to abandon his own blood just like that'. Apparently, Uma had told him where I ran off to after some time of me missing. Some more things were said between the two of us, nothing I'm really proud of sharing either, and the call just ended with him smashing the screen to bits." He finished. He let out this half-angry/half-sarcastic laugh as he looked towards the trees "He's fucking mad, something has never been right with that man... I guess I know where I get it from." I gave myself a second to process what he said before gently putting my hand over his arm.

"I don't really know what to say Har... I'm sorry that happened, that's awful. I understand why you ended up ditching today." I said and tried to find more words to comfort him "You know, family isn't always blood, it isn't always the people you grew up around either. I know you have your sisters, and it's wonderful that you care about them so much but, maybe you'll find the right people you need in your life here. I know Auradon isn't exactly to your taste but, you never know who you might meet one day." He finally met my eyes again as I spoke and gave me a genuine smile, nodding a little.

"You're right lass, thank you for that..." he said and sat up again, looking down at me "I'm sorry if my problems got in the way of whatever you came out here ta do."

"Don't be, I was just gonna do some light reading but I'm happy I found you instead." There was a slight fondness in his eyes as he looked down at me, he didn't seem sad anymore, nor frustrated from his events earlier today; he seemed relaxed.

"So eh..." he started and cleared his throat "I'm assuming your parents are coming to see you for family day." He said; my eyes widened a little as I remembered and an embarrassed bush started to creep its way onto my cheeks.

"Aha... yeah. Let's just say my family ends up taking up a lot of space." I said with a groan and let my face fall into my hands "Don't get me wrong, I adore my family, but every year one of them always finds a way to embarrass themselves. Of course, they don't see it that way though, it's all in good fun to them. But when the day is done, I always end up the talk of the school for the next week. And don't even get me started on Audrey, she and her family have always had a problem with mine because my mom married someone that wasn't of royal blood, AND invited "thugs" to her wedding. Those are my uncles she's talking about!" I said, not even realizing I was blowing up and waving my hands around like crazy till Harry swiftly caught them both in his hands before I ended up taking a swing at him "Sorry.." I said with an awkward smile, letting my hands rest down again.

"It's okay, I like your feisty side," Harry said with an amused smile and chuckled. "Looks like you have a lot of love for your family. Why do you let Audrey being that way towards your family get to you so much if your family doesn't seem to always pay them much mind?"

"I don't know... I just can't stand it!! She walks around on this high horse because of her stupid status and thinks she can just go around saying whatever she wants about whoever she wants and I'm tired of it. I've put up with it for 16 years dammit." I huffed with furrowed brows, crossing my arms aggressively.

"Woah easy there tiger." Harry teased and gave a big laugh as he watched me "Well, maybe things might turn out differently this year, I for one now have something ta look forward to on Sunday, meeting your family should surely be one hell of an experience." He said with a huge smirk.

"You want to meet my family?" I asked, a little shocked. I mean, we're not dating, we're just friends, why would he want to meet my family? I mean we have gotten pretty close over the week but, meeting my family is like a whole other step!

"Of course! Why wouldn't I wanna meet the people that raised the most wonderful lass I've ever had the chance of being friends with?" He said and nudged me a little. I just gave him a smile back and nodded. Of course, that's right, friends.

"Right..." I said and looked down again, picking a few of the flowers as I tried to keep my smile up.

"Is something wrong lass?" I heard him say as he tried to meet my eyes again, only for me to still keep them down.

"No! Of course not, Har." I said and finally looked up at him with a wide grin stretched across my lips that didn't seem to meet my eyes. He looked between my eyes and tilted his head some with a look that seemed like he was trying to say he knew otherwise.

"Now, I might not have known ye for years like some of the others here lassie but, I have spent enough time with you ta know when yer actually happy, and that-" he said and gave a little poke at my cheek "Isn't happy." He finished and scooted a little closer to me "Tell me." He whispered.

"Oh Harry..." I said and continued to pick flowers, blushing slightly at his observations. "It really isn't something you have to worry about, I'm okay really. I don't really wanna talk about it." I said with a small pained little look I gave him.

"Are you sure lass?" He asked, glancing at what my hands seemed to be doing on their own before catching the quick little nod I gave him "Alright, I'll let you come to me when you're ready." He said and gave my head a gentle pat. I giggled quietly and thanked him, finishing up with my little ring of wildflowers "What are you doin' anyway?" He asked.

"Flower crown." I simply said as I sat up on my knees slightly to place the crown on top of his head.

"Ah finally, now I'm the flower prince." he said and grinned at me "Maybe seeing a crown will finally earn me some love and respect around here." I gave him a fond look and a small smile, adjusting the crown slightly.

"You don't need to have a crown to earn my love and respect for you Harry," I said softly. His smile seemed to falter for a few seconds in surprise as he held eye contact with me before it came back up again, this time, looking more appreciative.

"Thank you lass, the same goes for you..."

。・゚゚・(Two Days Later) ・゚゚・。

It was finally Sunday, which meant it was family day. I was in my dorm with Lonnie getting ready as she helped me adorn my usual braid with the flowers native to my home.

"Nervous?" Lonnie asked as she placed the flowers on the back of my hair.

"Is it obvious?" I asked warily as I watched her through my mirror.

"You're doing that thing you do when you're nervous about your art critiques, you know, when your eyes shake like crazy and you try to rub the imaginary paint stains off your hands." I instantly looked down at my hands to see she was right and groaned, letting my hands fall dramatically onto my lap.

"I'm always nervous for family day but usually my excitement to see them outweighs that, it's different this year," I told her and pouted some.

"Why might that be?" She asked with a small, smug little smirk on her lips.

"You know why..." I mumbled.

"Harry~?" She asked and looked at me through the mirror.

"Yes Harry! He told me on Friday that he wanted to meet my family-" I was cut off instantly by Lonnie's gasp.

"Ruby that's huge!" She said and held my shoulders.

"Yeah if he was my boyfriend, but we're not dating," I said and sighed. I don't know why this topic got me down so much, sure I admit, I did have a little crush on Harry but that's it! Who wouldn't? Have you seen him!? I don't know anything about love, I don't know anything about relationships. Any knowledge I have about love lives comes directly from the stories I hear about my parents whether it be from themselves or my uncles and that's it. I have no idea how he feels about me anyway, let alone in that way...

"That boy hasn't asked you out yet?" Lonnie said with a scowl and scoffed.

"We only met last week Lonnie, this isn't like how our parents were when they were our age," I said with a flat look.

"Yes but you don't have to be in love to go on a date Rue, besides I don't know what's taking him so long, he's clearly into you." She laughed and went to go get finished getting ready herself.

"If he's into me then why do I keep getting friend-zoned," I said sadly and got my outfit from my wardrobe.

"Maybe he's scared, just give it some time, he'll come around I know it." She said and gave me a look of reassurance. I only nodded to her and exhaled slowly, carefully putting on my dress (outfit above) and adjusting my hair. I slid on some sheer white crew socks and my white platform Mary Janes before I was done.

"Okay, you ready?" I asked Lonnie and stuck my things into my floral clutch.

"Pretty much." She sighed and took my arm, the two of us making our way to the courtyard for the event. When we had gotten there we helped finish setting up before taking our places to sing the opening to the ceremony. I looked around to see if I could spot the VKs or my family but I saw neither just yet. The guys behind us at the front started the acappella and everyone started to sway and dance as the song began.

Ma chere, mademoiselle
It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure
That we welcome you tonight
And now we invite you to relax
Let us pull up a chair (yeah)
As the dining room proudly presents, your dinner
Be our guest, be our guest
Put our service to the test
Tie your napkin 'round your neck Cherie (haha)
And we'll provide the rest (that's right)
Soup du jour, hot (uh huh) hors d'oeuvres (c'mon)
Why we only live to serve (woo!)
Try the gray stuff, It's delicious (alright!)
Don't believe me, ask the dishes! (yeah!)
They can sing, sing, sing, they can dance, dance, dance (uh!)
After all Miss, this is France (uh huh)
And a dinner here, is never never second best (yeah!)
C'mon!
Go on, unfold your menu (uh huh)
Go on, take a glance, and then you'll (alright)
Be our guest (hey) be our guest (hey)
Be our guest (yeah, yeah, c'mon)
Yeah, be our guest guest, yeah yeah
Beef ragout (ooh), cheese souffle (ay)
Pie and pudding en flambe (flambe)
We'll prepare and serve with flair
A culinary cabaret (sounds so good)
You're alone (oh) and you're scared (yeah)
But the banquet's all prepared (it's all prepared)
No one's gloomy or complaining
While the flatware's entertaining
We tell jokes (jokes), I do tricks (tricks)

I could see the VKs arrive on the balcony and look over at everything as we continued.

With my fellow candlesticks
And it's all in perfect taste that you can bet (yeah!)
Come on and lift your glass
You've won your own free pass
To be our guest
If you're stressed, it's fine dining we suggest
Be our guest, be our guest, be our guest (yeah, c'mon)
Be our guest (be our guest, c'mon c'mon)
Be our guest!

The families and other students around the courtyard cheered and clapped once we were done and the first thing I did was excuse myself from Lonnie and Ben before hurrying over to Harry who had a puzzled look on his face as he clapped.

"What was all of that?" he asked with a laugh and looked me over, smirking a little.

"That was nothing, just a little tribute," I said with a giggle, admiring how good he looked in semi-formal wear. He was wearing a silk burgundy button-up shirt with the first couple buttons left open and the sleeves rolled neatly up to his elbows, black dress pants tucked into his grungy lace-up black boots, and not to mention his hook looped onto his belt with his pocket watch; both of which he never seemed to go anywhere without. His hands were clad with rings as usual with a fingerless glove on one of them and his hair was styled the same with his usual eyeshadow a bit neater and blended.

"Ah I see, well may I say lassie, you look rather beautiful in this little ensemble you've put on today~," He said and spun me once after taking my hand. I covered my mouth shyly as I felt my cheeks heat up and looked away.

"Don't try to flatter me right now, you're the one that came over looking all handsome today," I said, my cheeks starting to hurt from smiling too hard.

"Oh... you think I look handsome do ye?" he said lowly and kept me from shying away more, pulling me in so I had no choice but to look straight up at him.

"You're awfully bold today aren't you," I said back. I was about to ask him something when I heard a booming voice to the right of me.

"There she is! There's our girl! She's over here I found her!!" My head snapped in the direction of the voice as I broke into the biggest smile.

"Uncle Hooky!!" I screeched loudly and sprinted towards him, jumping into his huge bear hug as he spun me.

"Oh look at you! I haven't seen you since your birthday." He said and set me down, holding my hands in his and his hook.

"I know! I missed you." I said sadly, gripping his hook and hand "I'm so happy you could make it."

"Don't forget about us." I heard Uncle Big Nose say. I gasped when I saw him standing with Uncle Vladimir, Ulf, and Attila. I hurried over and gave them all a huge hug as well, not able to stop smiling the whole time.

"Of course not! No Uncle Shorty?" I asked them with furrowed brows to which they exchanged looks and shook their heads.

"Let's just say we had to leave him behind so he wouldn't misbehave." Uncle Hook Hand said quietly to me.

"Oh c'mon guys, stop hogging all the love." I finally heard my dad speak behind all my uncles who moved out of the way for him and my mother to see me.

"Mom, dad..." I breathed out and rushed to them, both of them capturing me in their arms as they hugged me together.

"Oh Ruby sweetheart we've missed you." my mother said, holding the back of my head. "We've been so worried about you with all the drama going around lately."

"Well I'm okay, and you guys are here." I sniffled and looked up at them. "There's someone I'd like you to meet-" I began to whisper before Uncle Hook cut me off.

"Who the heck is this tool?" He said with the biggest scowl and pointed towards Harry who had walked over to where we were. Harry looked slightly startled at the hook pointed just a few inches away from his face before it seemed like he started to actually admire the hook.

"Mom, dad, uncles... this is Harry Hook." I giggled and pushed the hook gently from his face, taking his arm in mine. "He's my new best friend, he was one of the kids that transferred here from the Isle. You remember Ben's proclamation I told you about during my calls?" I said and scanned their faces. From what I could see, my uncles looked livid, in a protective manner of course; my dad looked like he was about to have a stroke seeing us so close, and my mother looked absolutely ecstatic. "Harry, this is my mother Rapunzel, my father Eugene, and my uncles; Hook Hand, Big Nose, Vladimir, Attila, and Ulf." Harry stepped forward with me and shook each of their hands firmly, giving my mother a small and polite kiss on the back of her hand.

"Mr. and Mrs. Fitzherbert, it's lovely to finally meet you," Harry spoke gently, shocking me to my core at his princely behavior.

"Oh! How charming." My mother said in surprise with a huge smile "And so handsome, oh Eugene honey look how handsome of a boyfriend our girl found." She said while tugging my dad's arm a bit.

"Boyfriend-!?" My dad and I exclaimed at the same time.

"He seems fishy to me..." uncle Attila said darkly and scanned him through the slots in his bucket head.

"No no no! We're just friends, and I can promise you guys he really is amazing to me." I whined and glanced up at Harry who was just smiling down warmly at me.

"Oh look at them! It's love!" My mom said instantly before my dad finally passed out, falling into uncle Vladimir's arms.

"Okay!" I said and took my arm off of Harry's, clapping once. "We're gonna go get you guys drinks, you all go find a table." I said and swiftly pulled Harry away from them, hurrying with him towards the drink table when he started to laugh "What's so funny?" I asked with a huff.

"Yer family lassie, they sure seem entertainin'." he said and started to help me put champagne glasses onto a tray "I can tell how much you really seem to love 'em, it's quite adorable, as you auradonians would say." He said and grinned at me. I sighed and grabbed an unopened bottle for them to pour more if they wanted.

"I do... but I'm sorry about the whole boyfriend thing with them, they're just super protective, and my mom is a hopeless romantic," I said shyly as he picked up the tray.

"It's okay, I don't mind being your boyfriend for the day in their eyes, I see it as a complement when you're so lovely to begin with." He said with a wink and started walking to the table they picked "C'mon, I wanna talk to that Hook Hand fellow." He said with a little glimmer in his eyes as I hurried to follow him.

(Harry's POV)

I kept a constant grin on my face as Ruby and I made our way back over to her family, both her parents seeming to be currently catching up with her dorm mate Lonnie. I handed out the drinks and nodded to each of them as I went around the table; setting down the tray on the table I gestured for Ruby to sit as she spoke with her uncles. I pulled a chair out for her and pushed her in before taking my seat next to her.

"You said your name was Hook?" I heard Ruby's uncle Hook Hand say to me from a couple of seats down the round table.

"Yes sir, that is my surname," I said with a grin, noticing that our conversation caught Ruby's weary attention.

"I assume your father's the Captain then ey?" He said with a raised brow. I tried not to grimace at this and nodded.

"Aye sir he is," I said before Ruby's hand found mine under the table.

"Isn't that perfect Uncle Hooky? You guys share something in common! A fondness for hooks." She said happily and smiled at me, her words making me perk up.

"That's true sir, my Hook is one of my most prized possessions." I said and unlooped it from my belt with my free hand "Course it's not as big as yours." I said with a chuckle and admired his gilded golden hook for a hand "I've always wanted a hook for a hand."

"You never told me that?" Ruby said with a giggle and looked at me. "Why would you want to anyway?"

"Well ye never asked, and why not?" I chuckled, squeezing her hand a little.

"Hmph, well that is a mighty fine hook you got there, has nice engravings on the cuff there." Hook Hand had said while examining my hook from afar. I thanked him and noticed Lonnie drifting away after talking with Ruby's parents, quickly shooting me a look with a thumbs up before scurrying away. What was that about?

I spent the next half hour getting to know her family as she caught up with them and I had to say I think I'm doing a fair job of getting them to like me. After a couple of drinks, Ruby suggested we all go play croquet and led the way to the area they had sectioned off for the games. We started our own game on the field not too far from where the other VKs seemed to be playing as well and doing their own thing and I found my mind drifting off into deep thought as I watched them. The way they were interacting with the people here and smiling so casually as if they weren't planning to take over the kingdom in less than a week, it made me start to wonder if they were starting to have a change of heart about all this, I sure hope so...

"Harry!" I heard Ruby call out. I quickly snapped out of it and looked over where she stood, leaning on her mallet with a cheeky smile "It's your turn!" She giggled and gestured to the game. I grinned a little and kicked the end of my own mallet with my feet as I walked to my ball in the grass.

"Sorry lass got a little distracted." I said and took my shot after carefully aiming toward the next hoop, missing it by a couple of inches "Dammit... Ye know, I thought I'd be at least decent at this game." Ruby giggled and came over to me as her father took his turn.

"Well, you can't be good at everything." She said and leaned against me a little as she watched him.

"I am not good at everything." I laughed and looked down at her to which she narrowed her eyes some with a slight head tilt as she looked at me with a flat expression.

"Harry, you've excelled at pretty much everything since you first came here, I can't say the same for the others." She said confidently and gave me a small nudge. I smirked a little in pride and draped my arm across her shoulders.

"Thanks for the reassurance lassie," I said and sighed as I thought about how different things were now compared to a week ago. One day I'm fighting for my life and eating stale fish and chips on a rotting dock and the next, I'm being praised by a princess in a grassy courtyard with my guard down for the first time in my life-

"You!?" I heard a shout from afar that gathered everyone in the yard's attention. We looked over and saw Mal standing next to some older woman with a horrified expression on her face, Ruby tugging me over by my hand so we could see what the commotion was about "H-how are you here? And how have you managed to stay so young." She said lowly as she looked a rather startled Mal up and down.

"Queen Leah it's okay. Maleficent is still on the island, this is her daughter Mal." Ben said after rushing over to calm things down "Don't you remember my proclamation to give the new generation a chance?"

"A chance to what Ben? Destroy us?" She said sternly before fearfully turning to FG "Come on you remember, don't you? The poison apples, and the spells? Spells... My daughter was raised by fairies, because of your mother's curse. So her first words, her first steps. I. Missed. It. All!" She said shakily "You mustn't trust her... she murmured to the others while crossing her arms as she got emotional. I looked at Mal who seemed to have a guilty look across her features as she reached out to her.

"Hey, I'm so sor-" Before she could get much out Chad stepped between them.

"Oh no, go away! Stay away from her." He said with a hand up. I could feel Ruby's hand squeeze mine tightly making me look down at her. She had a dark look in her eyes as she watched on, seeming like she was trying to keep her anger at bay.

"Don't do this Chad," Ben said slightly angrily as he stepped toward him with Mal slightly hidden behind his shoulder.

"What? They were raised by their parents Ben. What do you think villains teach their kids, huh? Kindness? Fair play? No way okay! Uh uh... You stole another girl's boyfriend." he spat at Mal which made her scoff as all the sympathy in her features washed away "You, enjoy hurting people." He said to Jay who looked down in slight shock and shame "So do you, you think no one's noticed your sadistic and sociopathic tendencies when you're not trying to seduce princesses?" He said while pointing to me all of a sudden. I felt my skin go cold before I was suddenly holding Ruby back from jumping at him with the most frustrated and angry glint in her eyes I'd ever seen from her. "And you... you're nothing but a gold digger, and a cheater." He said to Evie rather proud of himself before he glanced at the others confidently.

"Mirror mirror in my hand, who's the biggest jerk in the land!" Evie spat to her mirror before pointing it to Chad which seemed to only show a reflection of himself.

"What?! Come on..." He said and pushed Evies arm away. Everything went to hell as I let go of Ruby to grab at Chad for even thinking about putting his hands on a girl at the same time as Jay when everyone started yelling in fear.

"Back off Chad!" Jay said enraged with Chad's blazer balled up in his fists.

"Ye wanna see sadistic, I'll show ye sadistic mate-" I growled furiously right next to his ear as I held him by the back of his collar. Evie suddenly sprayed something in his face which made him go limp and pass out in Doug's arms after I stepped away from him. Everyone started panicking as others tried to get Chad to wake up.

"C'mon Mal..." Evie said and tugged her away as I stared at Chad's lifeless-looking body while digging my nails into my palms to try to calm myself down.

"Jay! Harry!" Mal called out in slight desperation before Jay tugged my sleeve and I followed him toward the others. I took a glance at Ruby, expecting her to appear fearful when all I could see is her sad eyes seemingly pleading with me to come back to her. I just frowned and looked away when her family started to huddle her and try to get her attention to take her away from the drama; catching up with the others and following them to nowhere...

A/N

Wahhhhhh tension! :D Hey guys welcome to my first author's note! I just wanna start by saying thank you to those who have stuck around this long and I really hope you're enjoying this story so far.
Secondly, I do have plans for this story aside from the main plot of Descendants that I'm really excited for!
Please don't be afraid to leave me some feedback if you have any! I do really appreciate constructive criticism so leave a comment, or if you wanna just show some love that's also appreciated! :D Please also vote for my chapters if you do find yourself enjoying this story, thank you!

-love missdragneel <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.8K 1.7K 27
Getting a prince was Eva's, daughter of the Evil Queen, only goal in life. Well, that and ensuring she looked perfect at all times. A goal inflicted...
70.5K 799 12
- ๐š‚๐š‘๐šŽ'๐šœ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐šŠ๐šž๐š๐š‘๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š’๐š—๐š๐šŠ๐š–๐š˜๐šž๐šœ ๐š๐š˜๐š, ๐™ท๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ๐šœ. ๐š‚๐š‘๐šŽ'๐šœ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐š›๐š’๐šŽ๐š—๐š ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜๐šž๐š› ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š›๐šŽ...
12K 186 7
When the pressure of being a royal becomes too much for Mal, she returns to the Isle to find out that her archenemy Uma, daughter of Ursula, has take...
20.4K 270 12
-Takes place after D2 but happens during/after D3 -I take no ownership of any of the Descendants characters. --- Uma hadn't resurfaced, Hades tried...