Hate the Feeling; Mattheo Rid...

By sailorgurrrrl

"SNOW, SNOW WAIT! Please, you know I love you. You feel it too, you told me!" His eyes had a pleading look to... More

Cast
Chapter 1: The Sorting Ceremony
Chapter 2: Tyler
Chapter 3: "That's my name Sweetheart."
Chapter 4: Avada Kedavra
Chapter 5: The Deal
Chapter 6: That's hot
Chapter 7: The Duel and 1st Task
Chapter 8: Do you think I'm stupid?
Chapter 9: Hogsmeade
Chapter 10: Detention
Chapter 11: The Egg
Special Chapter: Cho Chang
Chapter 12: The Yule Ball
Thank you!
Chapter 13: The Truth
AESTHETIC
Chapter 14: Just friends
Chapter 16: Beer
Chapter 17: IT'S YOUR FAULT
Tyler's POV: Not important just if u wanna read
Chapter 18: STFU
Snow Aesthetic
Chapter 19: Stormy Night
NEW CHARACTER
Chapter 20: Six Feet Tall and Super Strong(Kind of)
Chapter 21: Bad Move
Chapter 22: Not like I have anything better to do
Chapter 23: Sure
Chapter 24: Risky Moves
Chapter 25: Red Handed.
Chapter 26: Blood and letters
Chapter 27: Bad News
Chapter 28: Mattheo's dorm
Chapter 29: Sirius
Chapter 30: Actions Speak Louder than Words
Chapter 31: Butterbeer
Announcement:
Special Chapter: Harry's POV
Chapter 32: The Forbidden Forest
Chapter 33: In this situation again
Chapter 34: Monday
Mini Chapter
Update
Chapter 35: Plans ruined
Chapter 36: Please
AHHHHH!
Chapter 37: It's not what it looks like
Chapter 38: Final Dance
Chapter 39: Interesting News
Chapter 40: Pensieve Part 2
Chapter 41: Last Day
Chapter 42: The Third Task
Chapter 43: Portkey
Chapter 44: Voldemort
Chapter 45: The Dots
Chapter 46: Cedric's Goodbye
Chapter 47: Hate the Feeling
THANKS
Book 2

Chapter 15: The Second Task

2.2K 48 17
By sailorgurrrrl

"HARRY!" I scream. It was late afternoon and everyone was about to leave for Hogsmeade but Harry was up late all night studying spells that could be helpful for the 2nd task. He was taking a nap on his bed only to be interrupted by his amazing sister.  

When he doesn't awake to my screams I very politely smack his head with a pillow..... Repeatedly...  

"Wha- what..." He seemed dazed for the second until the reality of his head being killed by a pillow seemed to dawn on him. "Wha- what the actual... SNOW!" 

"Morning Harry!" I smile innocently. 

"Ughhh, what do you want?" He says, laying down on his back, covering his head with a pillow.  

"Seriously Harry? You haven't slept for one night and you forgot about something really important?" I make a pretend sad face. "Come on...." I urge him. 

He blinks for a few seconds until realization hits him. 

"I- IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY. OH NO! OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!" 

"WHY? What's wrong?" I asked. 

"It's your 15th birthday...." 

I'm confused for a second as to why he's so worried about that until I remember.... 

"Ohhhh Harry. The fun we two are going to have. You'll be a fantastic wingman." 

"Don't you dare Snow. I swear to god just give me another year of peace."  

"Nooooope. God. Fifteen is considered an appropriate age to date someone. I bet you regret telling me that don't you?" 

"I have no idea what was going on in my head when I was telling you that." 

"Yeah, me neither. So..... I'm thinking a hot, tall Ravenclaw with gray eyes, raven hair and-" 

"Shut up." 

"Oh how rude, it's my birthday, you can't say that to me on my birthday." 

"Says who?" 

"ME! Now come on... we're going to Hogsmeade, everyone's already at the gate, COME ON!" I start dragging him by his arm until he realizes. 

"WAIT! I'M IN MY STUPID PAJAMAS." 

"NO ONE CARES HARRY! You are freaking Harry Potter, you could go out in a garbage bag and people wouldn't care."  

"I hate you." 

At Hogsmeade.... 

"Have you ever tried butterbeer?" Hermione was trying to convince be to try this yellow mustard looking drink. 

"No, and I have no intention too." 

"COME ON! It's amazing. C'mon, give it a swig." Ron urges. 

Hermione urgently taps Harry on the shoulder and nods her head in front of me. I turn around and the see the Slytherin gang and Mattheo. God are they really still overreacting about that? 

"Let's go." Harry says. 

"But-" I protest. 

But of course, he doesn't listen and we all exit. God, everyone is SO dramatic.  

We walk around a dessert shop and I hoard on jelly beans and cauldron cakes.  

"Bit much don't you think?" 

"A girl needs her sweets Hermione."  

Nighttime.... 

Today wasn't horrible, it was quite nice actually. It would be better if the task wasn't coming soon, but I can't do anything about that. I decided to go the astronomy tower again, not like I had anything else to do anyways. 

I was there again, finishing homework I forgot to do in the morning. HOORAY!-_- 

I notice Mattheo's presence next to me but neither of us say anything, and we just mind our own business. I like it that way, not awkward encounters. 

"You seemed awfully giddy today." He said, breaking the silence. 

"Yup, it's my 15th birthday, I'd say I have a reason to." 

"Oh. Well Happy Birthday." 

"Thank you."  

Silence happens again as we continue doing what we're doing.  

This happens for the next few days. Eventually we are able to create awkward small talk. It's better than just sitting next to each other and doing nothing.  I think I even heard him laugh at one of my dad jokes one. 

The days have been going by so fast that I didn't even notice until the day before the second task. That's when the weight of what was to occur tomorrow really hit me. I wasn't worried about the underwater thing, Neville had already suggested that we take gillyweed. But I was still nervous. Both me and Harry were. He was studying spells, but I was too anxious too and just paced around the library. 

"Can you stop doing that, it's distracting."   

"I can't... it helps me think." 

"Well it's stopping ME from thinking." 

"SORRY!" I exaggerate. 

I sit down and just bounce my leg up in down in anxiety. 

"SERIOUSLY?" He says. 

"Ughhh!" I groan. 

I start fidgeting with my hands subconsciously before Harry protests again. 

"SNOW!"  

"WHAT YOU WANT ME TO STOP BREATHING NOW TOO?" 

"YES CONSIDERING YOU'RE BREATHING QUITE LOUDLY IN MY EAR!"  

We both kind of stare at each other and laugh it off kind of. We're both just cracking under the pressure. 

"GOD! I give up. Without Hermione here I can't understand this spell." 

"Am I invisible?" 

"Right... You know what, forget it, my brain is too fried." 

He slams his book shut and closes his eyes and leans back in the chair.  

"You ready for the task?" 

"I mean I don't really have a choice do I?"  

"Right." 

We both decide it's a good idea to head to our dorms and sleep. We are definitely going to need it.        

I go to bed that night thinking about tomorrow. I'm not sure what it's going to bring.  

The next day...  

Me and Harry face quite a rude awakening and we literally have to run all the way to the lake. Neville is there waiting for us. 

"OH THANK GOD!" He screams. 

"Calm down Neville. Where's the gillyweed?" 

"Here. Although there have been debates about how it is different in freshwater and saltwater." 

"Didn't think of telling us this before?" Harry asked. 

"Sorry." Neville mumbles.   

At the diving point... 

The countdown is beginning and a second before it goes off me and Harry ingest the gillyweed. 

"GOD THAT'S DISGUSTING!"  

"Oh get over yerself" Alastor Moody proceeds to push us both in.  

As we both get in, the water seemes murky, I notice fins and gills growing on me. It feels surreal and it's amazing. I look around and start swimming downwards because I have no idea where else I'm supposed to go. I keep looking around until I see another pair of fins, I feel a pang of fear in my chest but venture forward. As I head down, I notice pairs of feet. There are five pairs of feet? 

I go down further and almost faint at what I see. Five swollen, floating bodies. One person with blonde hair, Cho Chang, Hermione, Ron, and... Mattheo? Why would he be here? Who's going to pick him up. Then it hit me. 

It's me. I'M supposed to be the one to pick him up. I'm not exactly close to him so I don't know why he's here. I guess they couldn't find anyone else. At this point, Cedric made it down and picked up Cho, he looked at me and pointed at his watch, signaling that time was running out. I nodded and started looking at the four people. The blonde haired girl was probably for Fleur, Ron was for Harry, and Krum took Hermione to the ball so she's probably for Krum, and Mattheo is for me. Ok... easy. Before I can blink, I see a horribly transformed shark that must be Krum take Hermione and bring her to the surface.  

Harry comes soon after and he looks at the three and raises his eyebrow as he looks at me. I point at Ron as too say, "Only him." He nods and begins taking him. He uses his wand to create a spell to help propel him up. Ok... there's limited time left, Fleur is nowhere in sight, and I believe there are only 4 minutes left? Guess I'll take em both. 

I being trying to lift them up but some random ugly ass mermaid comes in front of me and hisses. 

"OoooOOoooooooooOOOOnlyyy oOooOooOOneeee." 

"What the fuck." I try to say but because I'm in water it comes out weird.  

I use my wand and attempt the stupefy curse to get them out of the way, and it works for a minute and it gives me enough time to push them to the surface and propel myself up. As I reach the surface I start breathing heavily. I struggle to propel myself to the surface. Fleur has retrieved her sister. Mattheo, who is now awake looks around and realizes where he is. I'm extremely tired and am struggling to swim over. Mattheo's next to me and him and other people assist me to the dock.  

"Oh my. Thank you... SO much Snow. I was so surprised when I was called in the office. I had no idea what was going on. Thank you for saving me." 

"It's fine... really." I can't really talk much because I'm struggling to breathe as I'm really tired. 

I notice Harry in the distance giving a look with an emotion I can't read. When I walk up to him, he just looks up at me, gives me a disappointed shake of his head, and walks away.  

I really fucked up this time. 

This is the biggest chapter I ever wrote and yet it's still small lmfao. Ok thanks for reading, hope you liked it! Please vote, it helps a lot. 

Word count: 1565

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 5.7K 32
~ Year two ~ Warning; this is the second book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
306K 8.8K 35
~ Year one ~ Warning: this is a journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, over and done with, I don't believe this is fo...
2.9M 87.1K 40
It's dark in the closet, I can just vaguely see his features and realise how close we're standing. Like, really close. My chest is toughing his and m...
16.5K 241 64
"𝙎𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙙𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙚𝙙 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙚...