All The Way

Par anniey_reads

"- you definitely caused a show back there, Bonnie." "What?", I practically hiss at him. I'm too tired for a... Plus

MEET THE CHARACTERS
MOODBOARDS
PROLOGUE
PRE-BATTLE PREP
THE SCORE
GROCERY SHOPPING
THE LIBRARY
20 QUESTIONS
THE DAY AFTER
SPIRALLING
THE NIGHT AFTER
LET'S CONTINUE, WHAT SAY?
FLUTTERING?
CHOCOLATE CAKE
MAKE A WISH
COHERENCE FOR ONCE?
TRAPPED, NOT REALLY

THE DAY

58 5 4
Par anniey_reads

|4|

Today's the DAY.

All I need to do is to silently go through the classes, keep my calm, not get into any unnecessary drama or fights with James, and then sneak in at night. Even after doing this like a million times already, the nerves get to me every single damn time. Let's just keep calm and let the day pass by in silence.

1st period

Nothing is going as planned. It's all chaos. The physics teacher, Mrs. Curtis, gave a surprise pop quiz on Thermodynamics. Can you believe it? FREAKING THERMODYNAMICS. She just makes me hate physics more and more everyday. And now I have to give a test on freaking thermodynamics. Great.

Why can't things go my way for once. Just once. That's all I'm asking. Gosh. I'll have to try and not let my bad mood be the reason I fail. I have to get atleast a B. Let's check the questions.

Q1: Which of the following process is used to do maximum work done on the ideal gas if the gas is compressed to half of its initial volume?
(a) Isothermal
(b) Isochoric
(c) Isobaric
(d) Adiabatic

Maximum work done? Will that be W= PV? Yeah, I guess. Isochoric is the one with volume, the thermal one is for temp, and the baric is for pressure. That leaves me with Adiabatic. That's the odd one out. Oh Lord, let it also be the correct one.

(d) Adiabatic

Next.

Q2: What is a necessary condition for a reaction to be spontaneous at all temperatures?
(a) ΔH < ΔG
(b) ΔG and ΔH should be positive
(c) ΔH = ΔG = 0
(d) ΔG and ΔH should be negative

Spontaneous. Means by itself. So G has to be negative to make the H negative and overpower the S and T in formula. So,
(d)

●●●

3rd period

I'm so tired already. One crazy physics class, and a super interactive literature class done. Many more to go. I just hope Mr. Kumar just leaves us to do loads of calculations. It calms me down. Just as I was hoping for a better day, and finally meeting Cassie (praying that she's not late again), I look up to see an old lady in her 60s, wearing a loose kaftan, entering the classroom. Please no. Pleast DON'T be what I think it is.

"Good Morning kids. Mr. Kumar is on leave today, and I'm the substitute. Don't disturb me, and I won't bother with you guys. And I don't want any noise. Carry on with whatever you were doing."

I've only got one saviour now, Cassie. I decide to put in my earphones and distract myself till she arrives. I open spotify and play my liked playist on shuffle. Look What you Made Me Do.

While I'm jamming to the beats of Taylor, I hear the ring of a notification from the messaging app. I open it up and see that it's Cassie.
Hey, I'm sorry I didn't inform you before, but I'm not coming today. Nothing much to worry, it's just a 101°. Love ya.

Just as I'm about to text back, another message pops up.
No Lectures when I'm sick. I don't need you to scold me too.

That's so unfair. This girl is so damn irresponsible.

I'm gonna let u rest for a day before I strike. I would've come, but I got some work I need to finish. Take care ok? Love u too.
Send.

As I look up to see what's going on with everyone else, I find out that everyone is staring at the girl in front of me. What the hell did she even do? The substitute gets up from her seat, and starts walking towards the girl's seat. She stalks towards our seats, passes hers, and stands in front of me. WHAT THE FUCK? Everyone was staring at ME? like a hawk?

Looking into her eyes, I ask
"Yes ma'am?"

"You're?"

"Natasha, ma'am", I whisper quietly, as I slowly stand up from my seat. Atleast my manners stayed intact, unlike my mind which is mangled with confusion, and my heart that's beating way too fast for my comfort.

"Natasha what?"

"Natasha Anne Jones, Ma'am."

"Why were you using your cellphone in the class?"

I look around in confusion. Didn't she say to do whatever we wanted to do? Wasn't everyone using their's too?

"I see that you're confused. Let me elaborate. Why was your cellphone constantly ringing, while everyone else kept their's on silent!", she practically yells at me.

What? I look down at the phone in my hand to see the earphones' cord pulled out. Shit. How did I not notice this? Does this mean everyone could hear my music too? Oh God! Oh God!

"Since you can't seem to follow instructions and answer my questions, let's take to you the Principal's office, shall we?"

Before I even have time to react, or respond, she takes hold of my forearm, and drags me out of the class, towards the Principal's office on the opposite side of this floor. Baffled, I look around to find everyone staring at me. Just when I thought this day couldn't get any worse. FUN.

•••

4th period

How, just how, am I supposed to understand why I get days like this when I beg for serenity for once. WHY? I hope I don't ever have to meet with Mrs. Smith ever again.

I walk back to the physics classroom, which is empty, pick up my bag and quickly head to my biology class across the hall, that already started 10 minutes ago. I enter the class, show Ms. Patil the slip that our Principal gave, in case I was late, and took my seat at the very last bench towards the window.

The class goes on, but for me, it's like time stopped. I can't even go on without any problems for one day in Cassie's absence. How pathetic.

I'm brought out of my train of thoughts when I hear the obnoxious sound of the bell. Who knew that a 40-minute period passed by in seconds when you zone-out. I should zone out more often in physics. Definitely. I pick my books from the table, stuff them into my backpack, and sling it over my shoulder. I'm about to get up when I hear someone talking.

"- you definitely caused a show back there, Bonnie."

Oh God, not him too. I look up to see James towering over me.
What else? There's literally nothing, nothing at all, that could make this day any worse than it already is.

"What?", I practically hiss at him. I'm too tired for all this bullshit.

"Looks like someone is still not out of their bitchy mode yet. Serves you right for acting like a know-it-all every single second of the day.", he says, practically grinning ear to ear.

"What do you want, James?"

"Super sassy now, are we?"

"Spit it out or Fuck off."

"Oooooo, she cusses too. Are you sure you're not possessed by some soul. Maybe that lover girl of yours, Cassandra, was it?" Without even looking at him, I can tell how much he's enjoying all of this. I'm not gonna give him the satisfaction.

"And your point exactly?"

"You might have got the gold in calculus, but the 1st semester's close. With all the chem tests and lab practicals coming up, I don't suppose you can catch up. Can you?", he taunts, with a raised eyebrow, too close to my face.

I lurch forward towards him, making him stumble backwards, and hitting the desk behind him.
"Watch Me!"

Saying this, I sprint out of the classroom, towards the greenhouse. I haven't been there in quite a long time now. Normally, me and Cassie would just go sit in the cafeteria. But I still love the greenhouse.

I just hope this day comes to an end and I can get it over with.

It's time.

I put on a black jacket, a black baseball cap, and my black sneakers, I call it the PMD. Perfect Marvel Disguise. I stuff my phone into the pocket of my jeans, climb out of my bedroom window with the spare set of keys in my hand. I don't need the repetition of the time when I forgot it in my backpack.

With my mom's car keys in my other hand, I rush silently towards our driveway and start the car. Thank heavens my mom didn't have a night shift today. And thank heavens, that both my mom and my sister sleep like the dead.

I drive at the speed of 45kmph, looking at the silent neighbourhood. I look at the LED screen of our radio to see the time.

12:43 am

I always thought that if and when I would ever learn to drive, I'll put on loud music (all my favourites) up on the speaker, and feel on the top of the world. Who knew, that I'll have learn to drive in a week, because my sick dad couldn't drive himself to the hospital, and nor can my mom when she's working 24-7 to pay for his meds.

Well I guess not all of one dreams come true.

15 minutes later, I'm parking my car near an alleyway, not too for away from our highschool.

I pick up my spare keys, lock the car, and move towards the field. Crossing the field, beyond the bleachers, I find a door. I insert the keys, and turn it to the right to unlock it. I move into the old storage room-turned- reading haven. This is my secret spot, apart from the greenhouse, ofcourse.

I move from in between bean bags and book carts, reaching the other door, and entering into the school library. Phew! finally here.

I head directly to the physics section, where I know I'll find exactly what I need. Just as I'm about to glance up to the shelf, I hear a crack. And then footsteps.

Someone's here.

SHIT.

It can't be the guard, can it? He's too damn lazy to figure out I'm here. I take a few steps towards the sound, silently, to figure out who it is. Let's just hope that I haven't started seeing or hearing ghosts. Or maybe, let's hope it's a ghost, atleast it'll be better than anything else.

When I don't see anyone, or hear the footsteps anymore, I breathe out a sigh. Pheew, probably just a ghost !

Just as I turn around................

"Aaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!"

A/N: do vote the story if u liked it, would mean the worls to me :)

Here's s kaftan, if u don't know what it looks like :-

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

The Flynn Effect Par s.

Roman pour Adolescents

232K 6.8K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...
318 40 6
" Why are always like this since high school you have always looked down on people!!!! " " If people means you.., then yes I do look...
14.4K 1.2K 47
"Because you have parents that love you. You have parents that support you and yet you think your life is so bad just because stupid kids pick on you...
9.1K 182 13
"I hate you," she whispered softly, as if the words were a secret meant more for herself than for me. "I know, baby." A subtle smile played on my lip...