KARNA : THE WARRIOR

By karn0123

what if karna know about his celestial father and he is part of Shiv too. again work of pure fanfiction More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
AN
CHAPTER 16
AN
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40

CHAPTER 37

4.4K 216 31
By karn0123

Upon returning Draupadi excitedly took the gifts prepared for Radha and Adhiratha and gave them to them. Both of them took it seeing she was so elated and gifts weren't exaggerated. Draupadi then went with Radha to the kitchen and both of them began preparing for dinner in between Draupadi told her mother-in-law whatever happened today. The family then had dinner and went to sleep. Everyone went to sleep except Karna of course. He didn't know how to describe how he felt sharing a room with a woman he loves so much. They were not even 10feeet apart but distance seems like something they can't cover even after walking for eons but it didn't mean he wasn't happy being in her presence actually far from it since he accepted she can never be his he was content with seeing her from far and able to spend time with her. On the other hand Draupadi is staring at meditating Karna who seems completely contrasting from how he looks at day time. During the day he had the shine of the sun while at night he had the charm of the moon. The way moonlight reflected off his face and well built body was truly a sight to behold for her. Don't know when the goddess of sleep came and embraced her parting her from her thoughts.

A new day came and the family of Karna did their usual morning routine. After breakfast Karna and Draupadi reached the palace. Knowing the plans of karna, Duryodhana has asked someone to return his chariot to his house which seems a good move considering the amount of shopping Draupadi did. With the luggage they both reached the palace. Upon arriving there except for shivling made of glass and a heavily embroidered angavastram, soldiers aided them to bring everything to the guest chamber of the palace. Karna and Draupadi first went to the chamber of Gandhari, Gandhari upon knowing their arrival of course welcomed them. They chatted for a while and Draupadi gave her shivling and angavastram, Gandhari smiled at that. Before karna came to her life she was the most neglected person among the royal family. It's not that they don't care for her but she never got the time she deserves from them. While she fuses everything for everyone but none of her family ever asked about her well being. She doesn't blame them either, she was maharani of Hastinapur and was surrounded by her maids. Everything changed when Karna came not only he asked for her well being which brought tears to her eyes but every time he came he brought gifts, not like what king of allied kingdom to flatter the maharani of Hastinapur but as a son so she consider him as her own so there wasn't any hesitation in accepting gifts of Draupadi. Gandhari was truly happy for Karna to get a wife like Draupadi. Soo. The call for sabha came and everyone went there.

Draupadi went to the balcony with Gandhari where she sat beside her, Bhanumati and Dushala. She saw Rajmata Kunti there with her new daughter in law. She exchanged greetings with her but she didn't know why she was feeling that something is not right with Kunti. She was feeling like this ever since she met her for the first time but with each greeting her feelings were getting stronger and stronger. She decided to not ponder over this and concentrate on sabha.

Everyone sat in their designated place in sabha. The sabha was the same yet Bheeshma could feel there would be something different today, something which would shake the entire sabha and put the foundation for better Hastinapur. He was attentive to sabha more than ever. Soon the sabha began upon the arrival of Dhritarashtra. Bheeshma wasn't disappointed the first case that was brought up was harassment a low caste caused to an upper caste, Duryodhana has done his duties of yuvraj in exemplary way but that doesn't mean everyone was happy there was section of upper caste which has lost its privilege and with return of Pandavas and announcement of Yudhishthir be the Yuvraj and upcoming king they thought their previous luxury has returned which the evil omen has taken away so lo behold they didn't waste any time and came to court of Hastinapur next day where yudhishthir would Yuvraj. They were confident that they could gain upper hand and why not yudhishthir hasn't given harsh punishment to the upper caste even when they are sometimes found guilty and the king has to give importance to the words of yuvraj.

While case was brought up Yudhishthir was looking at everyone in sabha, what surprised him was he saw his pitamah shaking his head which was first sign of something is wrong then there was cold expression of Duryodhana, Ashwathama and his jyeshtha Karna. He immediately knew something else was going on behind the simple harassment case that was brought up. Well nobody could say yudhishthir wasn't intelligent though it was completely different that he has habit of paroting of Vedas but discussion with Duryodhana has made him urgently suppress the urge of doing this and it also made him realise the condition of Hastinapur, immediately he understood that behind the surface of this simple case upper caste want to use him as deterrent in front of lower caste symbolising that reign and hold of upper caste over lower caste is back. He listened to the priest's side and if it was before he would have passed judgement but he has vowed to be different from before.

The priest had confidently said his side and was waiting for immediate judgement as yudhishthir used to give but something entirely different happened which led to cold sweats on his forehead. Not only him but everyone was waiting but the next words of Yudhishthir froze them in their place except Bheeshma and someone.

Yudhishthir: Duryodhana what do you think we should do?

Now it was true that Duryodhana was short tempered but these two years have made him somewhat calm and politically savvy. He knew haste would lead to an opponent turning everything around so he calmly said.

Duryodhana: Bharata Yudhishthir, we need to hear the side of victims and then pass the judgement.

This exchange shocked everyone, especially Kunti. A dread has passed over her, she has used her connection to show her children epitome of Dharma which basically means they support upper caste but now this. It will ruin everything she has achieved till now. Kauravas didn't show much emotions because their jyeshtha had said they could trust Yudhishthir so they did not ask questions. Pandavas on the other were seething seeing their jyeshtha asking Duryodhana not them. Even Sahdev who used to be mild was feeling insulted but couldn't say anything. The rest of the elders were happy to see the change, they were gratified. On the other hand the priest lost his cool.

Priest: What's needed for the low born to say something in the esteemed sabha of kuru.

Yudhishthir was enraged because the word low born was used for his jyeshtha so many times in front of him, he was guilty of thinking the same so the word is like a jab to his heart. The ever calm Yudhishthir stood up enraged,

Yudhishthir: Mahodaya, there is no low or high born in the universe created by lord Brahma, we all are humans and are doing what is needed for the betterment of society. To me, Your words feel like a common mentality that has been bestowed upon the upper caste due to their luxurious life in the past. I, Yuvraj of Hastinapur now announce that the funds used for donations or trying to gain the favour of such upper caste who didn't have basic quality of Brahman that is seeing Lord brahma in everyone, will be used for betterment of every part of society and only those who are need will be given donation or help from treasury.

His words detonated like brahmastra in the court of Hastinapur. The upper caste in court had their eyes widened and opened in shock but the resolute face of yudhishthir told them this will be followed through. The priest has horror written on his face. Even Duryodhana and Bheeshma were shocked by this, Karna himself was amazed by the change of yudhishthir and couldn't help but think two years had made him so mature only if he knew. Duryodhana has tried to do this but faced harsh resistance but he did succeed in some way in his opinion a large sum, land and other things were used for these things whereas those funds could be utilised for other things. Dhritarashtra agreed as Yudhishthir used his position of yuvraj so there is nothing he could do nor he wants to. Bheeshma, though surprised, showed his support. Vidhur couldn't believe what was going on as Mahamantri, he would have to think of countermeasures for this but outwardly he didn't say anything which showed his support. Kripa and Drona both acharya were stumped by change of yudhishthir especially Drona as a teacher he knew Yudhishthir better but this was completely different from what he know about him but both are just advisors and since there is no opposition from royals they couldn't just jump in between especially if yuvraj has used his tights and this was yuvraj they all have supported.

The balcony was also quiet by this sudden announcement while most of them didn't really think the decision was wrong but they were also aware of upcoming consequences which could be disastrous. Kunti felt her breath hitch her known first born was hell bent on destroying everything she ever did for him to have smooth kingship just his this decision would be met with backlash. She decided to have a conversation with him regarding this but she didn't know this was just the beginning of today, much less of how the upcoming days will be in Hastinapur.

The proceedings then moved forward and the truth came forward. It is not surprising to the mist that the truth was exactly opposite and the priest was one who tried to harass the victim by asking for an exorbitant amount of money which was clearly wrong. This could be a simple matter which could be closed by lighter punishment but Yudhishthir knew he had to kill chickens to warn the monkeys. He looked at the priest,

Yudhishthir: What else do you have to say, the truth has came out and you were the one who clearly had ultear motives bot only you asked the sum which is too much but you have gall to come to esteemed court of Hastinapur and lie to us. Do you think of yourself as too smart or you take us as a fool? This kind of behaviour needs to be punished heavily so that something like this shouldn't happen in future.

Priest: Yuvraj please forgive me. I won't ever do this again.

Yudhishthir didn't let himself waver from the decision he made, he was thinking what to punish the priest with. He suddenly got an idea but he knew his idea would surely cause havoc again but he really didn't care. He turned towards Karna,

Yudhishthir: Angraj, what do you think is apt punishment for this offence?

His words were like a typhoon hitting the sea and causing a tsunami. Duryodhana had his eyes lit up even Bheeshma was like this. Ashwathama and Shakuni who were just observing the court till now had their gear turned they were sure something was up with yudhisthira and Duryodhana, they were out of loop which Ashwathama didn't like. Pandavas felt like their jyeshtha was fixated in humiliating them. Everyone else was surprised except Kunti who was scared. Even karna was shocked he looked at Yudhishthir and was sure he couldn't find any malice or hostility in fact he could see Yudhishthir genuinely wanted his advice.

Karna: There are different aspects in this case. First is the priest asking an outrageous amount as his dakshina, dakshina is his right but in his greed he made such work of dharma an ashrama. For this to never happen again I think there should be an amount fixed for such services which is equal for everyone. It's a different matter if someone wants to give more but the priest shouldn't force anyone to give him more than that amount and if the priest Denise provides service or is only partial to those who pay more he should be banned from doing his work for one year. Of course the amount fixed should not be something that takes advantage of priests. Both parties should be happy after the exchange. Second is the balant lie he spoke, I am sorry but according to me all is equal before law he should be punished as any other offender. So he should be whipped five times in public after announcing his crimes, through this a message of such behaviour is intolerable and all is equal before law would be spread so that no one would dare to repeat the same mistake.

His words were audible to everyone and there was a stunning silence in the court, nobody expected a suta could have such kingly qualities in him. Duryodhana snorted seeing the stunned expression, didn't he told everyone about the prosperity of Anga yesterday that a kingdom would become so prosperous without a worthy king. Bheeshma was looking at karna proudly, knowing this is his eldest grandson and in him he saw the Dharma that would reign over Hastinapur and which would give him freedom from his vows. Yudhishthir too was surprised by such accurate grasp and judgement, that too for a case that isn't that important on surface but would cause huge after effects if not handled properly. He was awed and amazed, only he knew how badly he wanted to call our jyeshtha instead of Angraj but he wasn't allowed to. He nodded and told the sabha this would be punishment.

The rest of the court went smoothly but there were changes which nobody could ignore. For not raising any more suspicion Yudhishthir asked Ashwathama, Shakuni and other allied Kings along with Duryodhana for further decision. Like this the sabha came to an end. Draupadi was led by Bhanumati and Dushala upon hearing about gifts. Draupadi asked a maid to bring all the gifts in the chamber of bhanumati and also to call Kauravas, Ashwathama and Karna to the chamber.

A/n : tell me how was it? Next would be a light chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Another Chance for Lives By

Historical Fiction

55.5K 2.3K 41
Karna and Draupadi. A story for many who wanted another chance for Karna and Draupadi. What if the Gods decides to give them another chance? What wi...
7.1K 408 20
What if Laal Chand ki Raat never happened? What if Aman realised his love for Roshni otherwise?
111K 6.8K 54
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐔𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐈 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑. 𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐄𝐀...
82.6K 8.5K 16
Unrequited. Maybe or maybe not. What is assured is: - a few lies, sweet, sour and a bit of spice. - adorable devars who make their brother jealous...