When They Came [Under editing]

By rosetulip05

Started : April, 2022 Completed : September, 2022 _________________________________ Boring, lonely and simple... More

Chapter 1- Alone
Chapter 2- Kidnapped
Chapter 3- They don't love me
Chapter 4- Joke
Chapter 5- Shopping
Chapter 6- Escape
Chapter 7- Lost
Chapter 8- Torture
Chapter 9- Nothing
Chapter 10- Accepted
Chapter 11- Celine
Chapter 12- French fries
Chapter 13- Back to School
Chapter 14- Bank robbery
Chapter 15- Star gazing
Chapter 16- Surprise
Chapter 17- Dylan and Hailey
Chapter 18- Ruth
Chapter 19- Love just happens
Chapter 20-Welcome back, Celine
Chapter 21- Ignorance
Chapter 22- Broken Bracelet
Chapter 23- The news
Chapter 24- Arguement
Chapter 25- Bye Charlotte
Chapter 26- Pregnant
Chapter 27- Promise
Chapter 28- I am back
Chapter 29- Snow
Chapter 30- Happy Birthday
Chapter 31- Amusement Park
Chapter 32- The truth
Chapter 33- Parents
Chapter 34- Dad's mafia
Chapter 35- Wool
Chapter 36- Sorry
Chapter 37- Be my girlfriend
Chapter 38- Be careful
Chapter 39- 14 Days
Chapter 40- Nightmare
Chapter 41- Kidnapped again
Chapter 42- Doom
Chapter 43- Dark room
Chapter 44- Casper
Chapter 45- Farther away
Chapter 46- Forgive me
Chapter 47- Cruel and Heartless
Chapter 48- Terrible
Chapter 49- Broken promises
Chapter 50- Goodbye Casper
Chapter 52- Funeral
Chapter 53- Love you enough to let you go
Chapter 54- The End
Bonus Chapter- Forever his
Another bonus chapter

Chapter 51- Back home

1.4K 58 14
By rosetulip05

Zack's POV:

"She was repeatedly beaten by belts, which explains the scars on her arms, back and legs. Her stomach was sliced by a knife and her wrists and ankles are also bruised due to being tied up in chains for a long time. Most of the scars on her body are fresh but there are a few faded scars as well. It also appears that she wasn't given proper food as her body is so weak." The doctor explained to us.

I felt rage coursing through every vein of my body upon hearing the torture Marcus made her go through. My fists were tightly clenched on my sides as I was trying so hard not to murder someone.

Damien was looking really worried for Jennifer while Liam, he seemed to be on the verge of tears. Tristan appeared to be just as angry as I was, leaning against a wall with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

Max however, was just sitting quietly staring down. He hadn't spoken a word to any of us since we got Jennifer here.

"But is she alright doctor?" Liam asked.

"Physically she is fine. It will take a few weeks for her body to heal completely but she's fine. However, she seems to be in a traumatic mental state. She didn't reply to anything that I had been saying to her."

"Can we see her?" I asked impatiently.

"You can but she's not responding to anything and I would suggest you to let her rest." The doctor said and walked away to deal with other patients.

"I think it's better if we all don't go inside together. She'll be overwhelmed." Damien adviced and Tristan nodded.

"You three go first." Tristan suggested referring to Max, Liam and me.

I didn't wait any longer and went inside her room. Jennifer was sitting on the hospital bed, in a blue hospital gown, staring into space with no emotions on her face.

"Jennifer?" I said and sat beside her, taking her hand in mine. She didn't respond. It seemed like she didn't even hear me.

"Jen?" Liam tried but failed. "Please say something." He pleaded but Jennifer was still emotionlessly staring away from us.

"She was such a cheerful girl. Look what they turned her into." Liam's voice wavered and he left the room in tears.

I kept my hand on Jennifer's cheek, turning her face to look at me. Her crystal blue eyes, which used to sparkle with mischief and happiness once, now appeared to be dark and dead.

Her soft pink lips, which used to curl up to form a cute smile or grin whenever she used to look at me, were now pressed together in a straight line.

Her beautiful black hair, were a tangled mess now.

She was so much skinnier than her chubby form.

"Please, say something." I softly said but she just kept staring into my eyes and then looked away. I pulled her onto my chest and put my arm around her shoulder.

Max hadn't come inside the room and I think I know why. It was painful enough for him to see his sister being tied up in chains in that abandoned building, covered in bruises and blood.

"Casper." Jennifer slowly whispered after a few minutes of silence.

I think she's traumatised by his death more than the torment she was in.

"Who killed him, Jennifer? Who killed Casper?" I know it was a dangerous question to ask her in this state but I was desperate to hear her say something. Anything.

"M-Marcus. He s-stabbed him, right in front of me... I c-couldn't do anything..." A tear flowed down her cheek but I quickly wiped it away.

"It wasn't your fault. You were tied up." I gently caressed her hair.

She was silent again.

I sat there for some more time and then left her alone to rest.

"Where's Max?" I asked when I didn't see him outside Jennifer's room.

"He went outside saying something about needing some time to be alone." Damien said.

"Is she Okay? Did she say anything?" Liam got up from his seat and asked me.

"She did. She told me that Marcus stabbed Casper in front of her and then she was quiet again so I left her alone to rest." I leaned against the wall and sighed.

"Who was this Casper?" Liam asked and I shrugged.

"Only Jennifer can tell." I mumbled out.

****

Max's POV:

It was our birthday yesterday. My real birthday with my twin sister. The day when all that was dad's became ours.

I was so fucking excited to be celebrating my real 18th birthday with my twin. But look what happened.

After weeks of being kidnapped, here she is, sitting in front of me, in a hospital bed, looking dead.

She was such a bubbly girl, always smiling and doing silly things, laughing at me, with me. And now?

"Jen? Say something sis? Please?" I begged her.

Her eyes snapped at my direction and she seemed to acknowledge my presence just now. "M-Max?" Her voice croaked.

"Do you need water?" I asked and she nodded.

I put the glass near her lips as she slowly drank water from it. I kept the glass down as she wiped her mouth.

"Y-You found me." She tried to smile but it didn't reach her eyes.

"I was late, sis." I said in a guilty voice.

"But you still found me." She softly said.

"C-can you hug me, Max?" She requested.

"Of course." I immediately put my arms around her, engulfing her in a big hug. She hugged me back immediately.

"I-it was Casper." She mumbled against my chest as I rubbed her back. "He is the reason I am here with you now." she continued.

"But I-I am the reason he's n-not alive anymore." she cried.

"No Jennifer! You're not the reason for his death. Marcus is! And I will make sure he pays for that."

"I know you will."

"C-casper was so sweet to me. He's the reason I still had hope. He kept me alive. It was him who had m-managed to get a phone from which I called you." she explained.

"I am glad that you had him, Jennifer. Don't worry, we will give him a proper funeral." I patted her head and her eyes lit up.

"Y-you will do that? Thank you so much, Max." she smiled.

"Anything for my sis." I grinned.

"You're the best, Max." She tightly hugged me.

"I know."

*****

"It's been two days. She's better than before but I have caught her silently crying to herself... I don't know how to help her, Eric." I sighed into the phone.

"Of course it will take time for her to fully heal, both physically and mentally. She witnessed the death of a person she really cared about. It's not that easy to just get over it, Max." Eric said.

"Why are you always so right?" I grinned though he couldn't see me.

"Well, someone had to be smart in the two of us." I could feel him smirking.

"Did you just indirectly call me dumb?"

That was insulting but why am I smiling?!

"You really need me to confirm that?"

"I hate you." I lied.

"Love you, Maxy." Eric innocently said, making my heart skip a beat.

"W-what?" My cheeks blushed.

"I said, I love you, Maxy."

My heart was hammering against my chest, and my stomach did a weird flip, a stupid grin came across my face and my cheeks were on fire.

"I love you too, Eric." I managed to say after a few seconds.

Before Eric could say something else, I heard a loud gasp coming from behind me.

Shit, I totally forgot I was in Jennifer's hospital room.

Slowly, I turned around to see Jennifer covering her mouth with widened eyes.

"I-I'll call you later." I hung up before Eric could reply back.

"Please tell me you didn't hear anything." I begged.

Jennifer removed her hand from her face, revealing a big grin.

"I didn't hear anything." She said trying to keep a straight face but soon her face broke into a big cheeky grin.

"Except the 'I love you too, Eric." she giggled.

"Look at your face, Max. You're looking like such a tomato." She laughed.

Seeing my sister laugh again, made me join in the laughter too. I had missed seeing her smiling face so much.

"I knew there was something going on in between the two of you. But I could have never imagined you loved each other." She raised an eyebrow at me as I made myself comfortable on her bed beside her.

"I don't know how it happened. I thought I was straight." I mumbled.

"But looks like you're not." she wiggled her eyebrows.

"So.. You're fine with me and Eric..?" I asked hesitantly.

"Why would I not be? Hey! Do you think I am homophobic?" she narrowed her eyes.

"....Are you?"

"Of course not. I am so happy for you Max!" She squealed.

"Thanks Jennifer. I didn't know how you all would react in finding about me and.."

"It's your life. You have the complete right to live it the way you want. Even if I or anyone else was against it, it shouldn't stop you from being with the person you love."

"Why is everyone being so wise today? It's making me feel dumb." I played with my fingers.

But the fact that Jen accepted mine and Eric's relationship made me really happy and relieved.

"Making you feel dumb? You are dumb, Max." she tried to look stern but snorted on seeing my expression and bursted out laughing.

"Well, you're dumber."

"You just called me wise."

"No I didn't."

"Yes you did."

"No I didn't."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"No."

"No."

"What?! It didn't work?!" She looked mad at me.

"Who's dumb now?" I wiggled my eyebrows and she huffed.

Jennifer's POV:

It was Christmas today and I am sitting in a hospital.

Great.

And the fact that everytime I close my eyes, Casper's face pops up doesn't help me feel better at all.

It shouldn't have happened. He shouldn't have died.

You can't change it Jennifer.

I know I can't but.. It really hurts. Knowing that he could have been fine right now. Celebrating Christmas with his mom and living his life. He didn't have to die because of me.

He chose to help you. It was his decision. He knew about the consequences yet he took the risk for you.

That's exactly why it hurts so much.

"Hey, stuffed sausage." Zack came smiling to me.

"I am not a stuffed sausage." I mumbled glancing down at my body.

I kinda miss my chubbiness.

Zack put his hands on my cheeks and kissed the top of my head. "Merry Christmas." He softly said.

"Merry Christmas." I wished back and gave him a big smile.

"We're going back home today." He put his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder.

"Wait- really?!" I had shock written all over my face.

"Yes, darling."

Before I had the chance to speak anything, four heads peeped inside the room.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS, JENNIFER!" Max, Liam, Damien and Tristan yelled with big grins on their faces.

"Thank you and Merry Christmas to you guys too." Zack reluctantly stepped aside to let the others hug me.

"It's so good to see you smiling and talking again." Liam smiled.

*****

A private jet.

We had a private jet!

Is my life for real right now?

Stop being so dramatic.

Stop being rude to me.

Stop being stupid.

"Would you like to go in or are you planning on just gawking at it?" Tristan teased me.

"Is this really ours?"

You-

What's wrong in confirming?

"Yes, Jennifer." Tristan smiled.

"Very well then." I nodded as he chuckled.

"Why are you so cute." He mumbled to himself but I heard him.

*****

I was taking turns in sitting with everyone on the jet. I really missed these humans so much.

"Stop staring at me like that, Jennifer." Tristan blushed.

"Like what?" I asked in confusion.

"As if I am a mystery you're trying to solve."

"Why does your voice sound so good?" I innocently asked, making him blush even more.

"And I was just getting jealous of your grey eyes." I shrugged and finally looked away from his face.

"Your ocean blue eyes are so much more prettier than mine." He said catching my attention again.

"Of course they are." I proudly stated and he chuckled.

*****

"Why don't you talk much?" I asked Damien before taking a sip from my coffee.

"Because that's just how I am?" He simply said.

"Hm.. Did you miss me?" I asked out of the blue.

Why are you so ducking weird?

I don't know. Can I take those words back? 

"Yeah. To be honest, I actually did." He sweetly smiled.

"Yeah. It's not regular to see a clumsy girl slipping around or saying silly weird things."

"No. I really did miss your presence. You had got us all so worried, Jennifer. And Zack, he was on the road of becoming a zombie if it wasn't for Isabella."

"Zombie?"

"Yeah. Not eating much, not sleeping or resting properly. He never, and I mean, never, cared about anyone as much he cares for you."

I was quiet. Damien said that so sincerely. Zack really cares so much about me.

I looked up to see in his direction and found him staring out of the window with a bored expression on his face, his face was resting on his hand as his elbow was propped up on the seat handle.

I excused myself and left Damien to sit with Zack.

I put my arms around his torso as I snuggled closer to him. He immediately pulled me to himself with a big smile on his face.

"What happened? You finally remembered your boyfriend?" He teased but I didn't say anything.

He placed his hand under my chin and moved my head to look up to see him. His smile disappeared as he saw the tears in my eyes.

"What happe-"

"You're the best, Zack." I interrupted him.

"I am so lucky to have found you." I continued and pressed my cheek against his chest, listening to his heart beat.

"Likewise, Jennifer." He kept his chin on my head and caressed my back.

*****

"I am so excited and nervous." I said to noone yet everyone around me as the car was parked in front of the mansion.

Relax, blob fish.

Do not call me that.

I still looked like shit with all the ugly bruises and scars. How did Casper not feel disgusted by me? I hadn't even taken a shower in my entire stay of being kidnapped.

Casper... His green eyes that would stare into mine and his little smiles... The way his chuckle used to sound like and the sound of his voice.. I will never be able to see any of that again.

That last kiss that I had shared with him, it was so special to him.

He had made a promise to me and he fulfilled it. He had promised to get me out of there and he did, though his own life ended in the old walls of that room which made him and I share many moments together.

"Where are you lost, Jennifer?" Zack asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh, nowhere." I quickly answered.

"JENNIFER!! OH MY GOD! HOW ARE YOU?! ARE YOU OKAY??!" Charlotte came running to me and basically threw herself on me, making me stumble back a little.

"Charlotte! I am fine but you're hurting me." I winced.

"Oh shit I am so sorry." She kept apologising to me until I completely ignored her.

The mansion was beautifully decorated with Christmas lights and other decorations. There was a huge Christmas tree inside which was half decorated. The aroma of different cakes and sweets were freely flowing around us.

"Jennifer!" Isabella hugged me tightly making me wince.

"Mom, not so tight. You're hurting her." Zack tried to get Isabella away from me.

Wait. Mom?!

"Mom?" I looked at Zack in disbelief. Zack shyly looked away.

"He calls me mom now." Isabella proudly stated.

"Wow." I couldn't stop the stupid grin from coming on my face seeing how adorable Zack looked right now.

"Merry Christmas, child." She wished me and wiped the stray tear from her face.

"Merry Christmas, Bella." I hugged her.

I pulled away and my gaze fell on Charlotte, who was looking away from me, trying to control her tears and constantly wiping her eyes.

"Char?" I hugged her from behind and kept my head on her shoulder.

"Hm?" She hummed, still trying to control her tears.

"Don't cry. I am back now, right? And I am not going anywhere."

"I know. And this time I won't let you! Have you looked at yourself? You look like shit."

I snorted at that.

"Thanks. I missed you too." I teased.

She turned around, with tears in her eyes and my smile fell on seeing her.

"You don't understand." She engulfed me in a much softer hug.

"You're irreplaceable, Jennifer. I am so glad that my best friend is back." She said.

"Stop stealing my girlfriend, Charlotte. And also, Liam's getting jealous of you, Jennifer." Zack commented though I didn't miss the look of affection he gave to me and Charlotte.

"Of course he is." I said and kissed Charlotte on the cheek and smirked at Liam, who shook his head while smiling widely.

*****

"This place looks magical." I said and I looked around the mansion in awe.

"And you look like an angel." Zack pulled me to himself.

"What are you doing, Zack?! Someone will see." I panicked.

"Someone surely is seeing." Max came and smirked as Zack and I hastily pulled away from each other.

"You're both looking like tomatoes." Max snorted.

"Tomatoes reminds me of something." It was my turn to smirk at Max now, who seemed to realise where I was going with this.

"Uh look! Bella is calling me. Bye." And he sprinted away from there even before I got to mention Eric. I chuckled at Max's disappearing form.

"What happened to him?" Zack asked in confusion while I just shrugged.

I went in the kitchen to help Charlotte, Isabella and Jessica with the cakes and food while the boys were all busy decorating the Christmas tree.

Well, they were more yelling at each other about what to put where.

"Do you know about Celine?" Charlotte reluctantly asked as if not really wanting to address the subject.

"Yeah. I do. I know everything. Chris had revealed it all to me and Casper."

Mentioning Casper's name brought out those difficult feelings again. I couldn't help the guilt that was rising in me of how he could have been celebrating the festival with his mom right now.

"I heard about Casper. Liam told me." Charlotte gave me a sad smile.

"He was really sweet Charlotte... Why did he have to die?" I softly whispered the last sentence to myself but Charlotte heard it too.

"It wasn't your fault that he died, you know that, right?" I nodded but deep inside I knew that it was my fault that he died.

"Well, at least we got rid of the bitch." Charlotte tried to change my mood.

"How did Damien react?" I asked.

"Didn't really show much emotions. He was just.. Really disappointed and then went to his room. After that he was just determined to get you back and no one has mentioned Celine in the house anymore though they're still trying to find her and Chris."

"You're looking really cute, by the way." Charlotte added with a smile.

I was wearing black jeans and a red fluffy sweater. I had left my hair open and wore a Santa cap and white scarf.

"I thought I looked like shit." I teased making Charlotte roll her eyes playfully. "You know what I meant by that."

*****

"Today was fun. I loved all the gifts." I said while leaning my head on Zack's shoulder.

We were sitting on the sofa in his room, drinking hot cocoa.

"It feels amazing to have you in my arms again." Zack wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer.

"It feels amazing to be in your arms again." I closed my eyes in satisfaction, relishing this moment.

He cupped my cheek making me to open my eyes and look at him. His thumb caressed my cheek before tracing my bottom lip. We were both intensely gazing into each other's eyes. Then slowly he started leaning closer, still staring into my eyes with nothing but love. His gaze fell from my eyes to my lips as I felt his breath on my face.

I closed my eyes, preparing myself for the contact of his lips with mine. My stomach erupted into butterflies as his lips touched mine, ever so sensually.

Zack parted my lips with his, kissing me and devouring every inch of contact between us as his hand went to ruffle my hair, grabbing my waist with the other, trying to pull me as humanly close as possible. He bit my lower lip, making me moan, a sound, so foreign to my ears. His tongue found its way inside my mouth, battling with my own for dominance and won, discovering every nook and cranny of my mouth.

The kisses that we had shared before were just simple kisses but this one, this was something much more. And I loved every second of it.

He pulled away from the kiss, only to attack my neck. He trailed sweet kisses from my jaw till my collar bone and then went up to suck and bite the skin on my neck, making sure to leave hickies. I tilted my head to the side, giving him more space. My hands moved around his neck, to play with his soft brown hair, taking every bit of the pleasure I was in.

"I love you so much, Jennifer." He suddenly said and froze.

He quickly pulled away from me seeming to be shocked from what he just admitted. I was pretty shocked myself too. The two of us were blushing profusely and avoided looking at each other.

"I love you, Zack." I finally confessed and intertwined my fingers with his. He stilled like someone had suddenly turned him into a statue.

"W-what?" He asked, in the same way as Max had said to Eric on the phone.

I chuckled and just answered him by pressing my lips to his, giving him a small peck on the lips. "What what? I said I love you." My face and neck felt on fire admitting that to him.

He put his arms around my neck and hid his face in my hair. "I love you too, Jennifer."

"Everyone does. I am so lovable after all." I tried to joke, attempting to save us from the awkward confession.

"You sure are." He chuckled.

_____________________________________

A/N: It's Monday tomorrow 😩 another week of school torture -_-

And it becomes even worse when you're new in the school 😐

Can I skip time and go to Friday instead?

Wish I could do that 😒😔

But anyways, pls vote :) <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.1K 1.4K 44
*More of a romance and less of a Mafia Novel.* ❝Everything I touch just turns to Ash❞ ❝If so than I'll gladly burn for you❞ _________________________...
3.6M 89.7K 54
"I don't like him." I murmur against his lips. "It's only ever been you, Noah." He continues to kiss me, his hand now caressing my cheek gently. "H...
1.5M 43.2K 45
"I-I should be heading to my room now." I told him not in anyway ready to face him. "Turn around." He instructed. "Your fiancee may w-wake up soon to...