BACK HOME, TOP GUN: MAVERICK

By -nazyaIenskys

❝ i don't know where you're going just get your ass back home ❞ top gun: maverick bradley "rooster" bradshaw... More

BACK HOME.
💌
ONE.
TWO.
THREE.
FOUR.
FIVE.
SEVEN.
EIGHT.
NINE.

SIX.

421 17 0
By -nazyaIenskys

TOP GUN, FIGHTERTOWN, SAN DIEGO

"GOOD MORNING," Warlock said the next morning as the graduates were back inside the building in the chairs that looked like commercial flight seats. "The uranium enrichment plant that is your target will be operational earlier than expected. Raw uranium will be delivered to the plant in ten days time. As a result, your mission has been moved up one week in order to avoid contaminating the target valley with uranium."

Phoenix and Bob glanced at each other. Hangman shifted in his seat. Ghost chewed on her bottom lip. Bolt picked at their nails anxiously.

"Sir, no one here has successfully flown a low-level course," Coyote said.

"Nevertheless, you've been ordered to move on," Warlock replied. "Captain," he said before letting Maverick take the podium.

"We have one week left to focus on phase two," Maverick said. "It's the most difficult stage of the mission. It's a pop up strike with a steep dive, requiring nothing less than four consecutive miracles."

"That's a lot of miracles," Joker whispered.

"Three pairs of F-18s will fly in one welded wing formation. Teamwork. Precise coordination of these aircrafts is essential to both the mission's success and your survival. As you know," Maverick turned to the simulation on the screen, "the plant rests between two mountains. On final approach, you'll invert directly into steep dive. This allows you to maintain the lowest possible altitude and the only possible attack angle. Your target is an impact point less than 3 meters wide. The first two-seat aircraft will paint the target with a laser bullseye. The first pair will breach the reactor by dropping a laser guiding bomb on an exposed ventilation hatch. This will create an opening for the second and third pairs."

Everyone listened intently, watching the simulation play out on the screen.

"That's miracle number one," Maverick said.

"The next 2 teams will deliver the kill shots and destroy the targets," Maverick continued, "Two missiles will be needed to ensure that the entirety of the plant is destroyed and nothing can be salvaged. Those are miracles number 2 and 3. If any of the 3 teams misses their targets... the mission is a failure."

Jubilee sat up a bit, feeling hot in his jacket.

"Egress is a steep High-G climb out to avoid hitting this mountain," Maverick informed.

"A steep climb at that speed, you're pullin' at least 8 Gs," Hangman said.

"Nine, minimum," Maverick corrected.

"The stress limit of F-18s airframe is 7.5," Rooster said.

"That's the accepted limit," Maverick replied, "To survive this mission, you'll pull beyond that, even if it means bending your airframe."

"You'll be pulling so hard, you'll weigh close to 2,000 pounds... your skull crushing your spine... your lungs imploding like an elephant sitting on your chest, fighting with everything you have to keep from blacking out. And this is where you'll be at your most vulnerable. This is Coffin Corner."

Just thinking about making this steep climb out the valley made Ghost's head begin to hurt. She needed water. She felt woozy.

"Assuming you avoid crashing into this mountain, you'll climb straight up into enemy radar while losing all of your airspeed. Within seconds, you'll be fired upon by enemy SAMs.  You've all faced sustained Gs before, but this... This is gonna take you and your aircraft to the breaking point."

"Sir," Phoenix said, "is this even achievable?"

"That answer to this question... will come down to the pilot in the box," Maverick answered.

🛩

PHOENIX, BOB, AND COYOTE WERE FIRST UP FOR THE SIMULATION.

The other graduates listened over the radio from the building.

"I'm a bandit on course to intercept. Blue team, you've been spotted. What are you gonna do?" Maverick asked.

"He's 20 miles left, ten o'clock. 700 knots closure," Bob said.

"Your call. What do you wanna do?" Coyote asked Phoenix.

"Continue. We're close. Stay on target," Phoenix replied.

"Atta girl," Bolt whispered.

"He's swinging around to the north!" Bob announced.

"Stand by for pop up!" Coyote replied. "Be ready on that laser, Bob!"

"Copy. I'm on it," Bob said.

"Blue team, bandit is still closing," Maverick informed.

"Popping now!" Coyote yelled.

Joker turned his attention to the simulation that was showing in real-time what was going on in the field. Phoenix and Coyote were flying into the valley.

"Talk to me, Bob! Where's Maverick?" Coyote asked.

"He's five miles out! He's coming fast!" Bob replied.

"Target's in sight," Phoenix said.

"Where's my laser, Bob?" Coyote called.

"Deadeye, deadeye! Sorry, it's no good! I can't get a lock," Bob replied.

"Damn," Payback swore quietly.

"We're out of time, I'm dropping blind," Coyote said. "Damn it, missed!"

The graduates groaned, slouching in their chairs or throwing their hands up in disappointment.

Phoenix and Coyote were making the steep climb out of the valley, everyone watching the simulation play out.

"That's tone." Maverick said.

"Maverick's got a missile on us," Bob informed.

"Shit," Phoenix swore. "We're dead."

"Blue team, that's a fail. Level out, Coyote," Maverick said.

"Shit," Joker muttered, sitting back in his seat.

"Coyote, do you copy?" Maverick asked.

Joker frowned a bit and looked up. The other graduates had looks of confusion on their faces, listening to the radio.

"Coyote, come in!" Maverick said. "Coyote, level wings!"

Joker's heart dropped.

"Oh, God. He's in G-LOC," Maverick muttered.

Joker felt his breath get caught in his throat. Coyote was free falling from hundreds of feet in the air. He was unconscious in an aircraft mid-flight.

"Come on, Coyote," Hangman muttered.

"Coyote! Coyote!" Maverick called.

"He's gonna burn in!" Phoenix said.

"I'm going after him," Maverick informed.

Joker was squeezing the handle of his chair, his knuckles turning white from the strength of his grip. His vision was blurring, probably from tears. This felt unreal.

This couldn't be the end. It wouldn't be.

All Joker heard was Maverick's voice over the radio, yelling Coyote's name.

And then it stopped.

"Coyote, you okay? You okay?" Maverick asked.

"I'm okay. I'm good," came Coyote's voice.

Joker exhaled shakily, releasing his grip on the chair handle. Jubilee patted his shoulder comfortingly.

Ghost glanced at Hangman who had a look of pure relief on his face.

"Alright. That's enough for today," Maverick said.

"That was close," came Phoenix's voice this time.

"Too close," Maverick agreed.

Joker closed his eyes and let out another shaky breath. His heart was still racing and he needed a second to calm down.

"Bird strike!" Maverick yelled.

"Phoenix, left engine's on fire!" Bob shouted.

Bolt's heart dropped this time as they sat up in their seat.

"Climbing!" Phoenix replied. "Throttling back, shutting off fuel to the left engine. Extinguishing fire."

"Right engine is out!" Bob exclaimed.

"It's still spinning. Trying to restart it," Phoenix said.

Ghost grabbed Bolt's hand in an attempt to calm her down. She regretted it as soon as Bolt squeezed her hand. They had one hell of a grip. Ghost squirmed a bit.

"Phoenix, it's on fire. Don't st—" Maverick tried.

"Throttling up!" Phoenix said, Maverick's warning going unheard.

"Oh my God," Maverick muttered.

"Oh my God," Bolt whispered.

"WE'RE ON FIRE! WE'RE ON FIRE!" Bob screeched.

"Damn it!" Phoenix swore.

Bolt couldn't breathe. They stood up abruptly, drawing the attention of the graduates, Hondo, and the admirals.

"Extinguishing right engine!" Phoenix announced.

"Phoenix, Bob, punch out! Punch out!" Maverick shouted.

"Warning lights everywhere. Hydraulic failure, flight control!" Bob said.

"I can't control it!" Phoenix yelled.

"We're going down, Phoenix! We're going in!" Bob screamed.

"You can't save it!" Maverick called. "Eject! Eject!"

Bolt put her hands on her knees and bent over, closing her eyes. "Eject, damn it. Eject," they whispered. "Five months. Five months, Nat."

"Eject! Eject!" Bob shouted.

🛩

JOKER WAS FIRST OUT ON THE TARMAC WHEN COYOTE LANDED. He'd made it back as safely as possible though still shaken from going into G-LOC.

"Javy!" Joker called as he ran to Coyote and hugged him tightly. Coyote stumbled back and closed his eyes, hugging Joker back. "You scared the shit out of me, what the hell?"

"I know, I scared me too," Coyote muttered.

"Are you okay?" Joker asked, pulling away and looking at Coyote, checking for injuries or wounds.

"I think so," Coyote said quietly, "I've got... a massive headache though."

Joker sighed and hugged Coyote again. "I thought I lost you, Jesus christ."

"I know," Coyote mumbled. "I'm okay."

🛩

NATASHA AND BOB HAD BEEN TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL. Brynn couldn't have gotten there fast enough. The very second the doctors allowed her into Natasha's hospital room, she barely let them explain Natasha's condition before running full speed there.

They didn't call her Bolt for nothing.

Despite Natasha being in a hospital bed, Brynn threw her arms around Natasha and laid down on top of her, burying their face in Natasha's shoulder.

"Oh, ow," Natasha muttered, hugging Brynn back. "How's Bob?"

"He's fine," Brynn dismissed, blinking back tears. They sniffled and hugged Natasha tighter.

"Are you crying, babe?" Natasha asked softly.

"No," Brynn lied.

"I'm okay. I promise," Natasha sighed.

"Yeah, but you almost died!" Brynn replied, looking at Natasha. "I thought I lost you, Tash! I thought you were gone! For good! I was so goddamn scared, I couldn't breathe!"

"I'm sorry," Natasha said.

Brynn wiped their tears and sniffled, sitting in the chair beside Natasha's hospital bed. "I really don't know about this mission anymore."

"What do you mean?" Natasha frowned.

"I mean it seems fucking impossible," Brynn said. "You, Bob, and Coyote almost died on the first run through. Three miracles? Three?"

"It's possible we just... it's possible, Brynn. I know it is," Natasha replied.

"How, Tash? How do you know that?" Brynn sighed. "Because the parameters of this mission are impossible. Nine Gs in an F-18? That's practically suicide. Three very very precise drops in a row? We're not Clint Barton, our aim isn't pitch fuckin' perfect."

"That's why Maverick is here," Natasha said.

"All he's done as of lately is make Rooster suicidal and nearly kill my fiance and Joker's boyfriend," Brynn said.

Natasha grabbed Brynn's hand and sighed. "You are a pessimist and I love you for it, but I need you to trust me. We can do this. We can learn how to make this mission and we'll make it home."

Brynn grumbled.

TRIN,
pls i love gay people

#GayAngst

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

411K 11.3K 27
【𝐆𝐈𝐌𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍'】 "𝘚𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘉𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘸!" "𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 ! 𝘠𝘰...
75.8K 1.3K 17
"I can't believe you helped her. After everything I've done for you. I'm gonna keep your wallet next time." "So there's going to be a next time?" "I...
131K 1.6K 18
"You thought her father was something, you haven't seen her." Bradley Bradshaw x Fem (OC) [TopGun: Maverick] Started: July 13th, 2022 Finished: Aug...
614K 14.8K 34
COMPLETED trust fall. 2022. oc x bradley bradshaw.