when they call my name

By abbeymshumaker

"𝘺𝘰𝘢'𝘳𝘦 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘨π˜ͺ𝘯𝘯π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘩π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘦𝘯π˜₯, π˜₯𝘒𝘳𝘭π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨." + Alexandria Black should have kn... More

author's note
playlist
prologue
ch. 1
ch. 2
ch. 3
ch. 4
ch. 5
ch. 6
ch. 7
ch. 8
ch.9
ch. 10
ch. 11
ch. 12
ch. 13
ch. 14
ch. 15
ch. 16
ch.17
ch.18
ch. 19
ch. 21
ch. 22
ch. 23
ch. 24
ch.25
ch. 26
ch. 27
ch. 28
epilogue

ch. 20

112 7 0
By abbeymshumaker

alexandria black

I have a habit of doing things on my own. More so, trying to do something without any help.

Eddie would get so frustrated when I wouldn't ask for help. Whether it was homework or something at the bar, I always came to a solution by myself. I must admit that it's because I've had no one to put my trust in on that big of a scale. I've trusted a handful of people in the past, and I trust Eddie...but no one with my life.

Imagine the fear I had when I wake up next to Christian.

He's the quietest I've ever seen him. Black hair drooped over one eye and his lips are still swollen from the night before. Tattoos are painted all over his chest to his diaphragm, beautifully marking his skin.

I lost my virginity last night...to him.

Break his heart.

That's what Antares said. To break his heart and leave it at that. I tried last night when he came home by lying about wanting to be home with Landon instead of him. I saw the anger in his eyes and how desperate he was to unleash it. I just didn't think he'd actually do something about it.

I needed a shower before making my next move. What comes after? Do we date? I've never done this before, and I need the most respectable outcome from it. I can't treat last night like a one night stand because it felt more than that.

The devil to worship you, that's what Christian said to me when he was behind me, pulling my hair until I could hardly breathe. If that's the worship he mentioned earlier, than I'll gladly fall to my knees for him and let him.

I'd even consider worshipping him as my own personal idol. Is this what falling in love looks like?

As I quietly rise to my feet, my blood runs cold as ice and my limbs ache. I assume it's from having rough sex for the first time, but the closer I walk to the bathroom in just a black t-shirt, my lungs are on fire and my mouth tastes like gasoline. I started to suffocate.

In the hallway, I collapse onto my side and trap my right arm under my body. I can't remember if I hit my head on the way down, but my throat is so sore I could barely make a sound.

Help me.

"Angel?" Christian's voice fades through blurry vision. His figure in the doorway takes me back to the first time I laid eyes on him. How innocent and naïve I was back then.

"Chris..." I could barely form a proper sentence.

He kneels next to me tries to roll me onto my back. I can only cry out in pain.

"Alex, try to breathe." His voice is loud and clear enough to make out what he's saying. "Fuck, I'm calling 911."

It feels like my blood is on fire, yet my skin is frozen. Is this what dying feels like?

I warned you, Alexandria. We had a deal.

"Antares." My body freezes and I subconsciously lift a hand into the air as if he was right in front of me. "Anta-"

"What the fuck, Alexandria?!" Christian's panicked voice turns into a roar.

Everything fades to darkness after that.

When I wake up again, I'm in the hospital. Needles and wires pour out of me as the air circulating above blows directly on top of me. The most annoying, yet softest beeping noises from the machine almost drive me insane.

I have to see Christian. I have to tell him about Antares' deal and what happened between us last night. At the same time, I just want to close my eyes and pray this is all a nightmare.

"Good evening miss." The door opens slowly as a young nurse and an older gentleman follow. The expression on the doctor's face does not make me feel any better than before. "How're you feeling?"

I try to sit up, but these wires feel like a hundred pounds. "Where's Christian?" I ask.

They exchange glances. "Can you tell us your name?"

"Alexandria Black." I manage to say, the weight of the IVs rushing to my head. "Why am I here? Where is Christian?"

You know exactly why you're here, little angel.

The doctor sighs. "We will come back to check on you later." Then they both leave without another one.

I feel like I am about to go insane without Christian nearby. The pleasure of ripping these IVs out of my skin and scream his name until my lungs give out.

Looking straight out of the window pane on the wall, I notice the television right above the nurse's station. Faintly on the screen it looks like a concert is replaying on the news. I squint my eyes, but it is no use. I press the red call button, but no one comes.

I wait a few more seconds at the distant screen before I realize it's showing Christian and Natalie's faces.

"N-Nurse." I barely make out. Why is no listening to me?

Because you're just a body to them, human. This is what happens to girls who don't listen.

Antares' voice in my head is maddening. I attempt to roll onto my side just enough to place my feet on the floor, struggling to stand as the pain shoots everywhere. The weight on my shoulders feels like the worst and heaviest form of pressure on my chest.

With each step I take I feel the icy tiles beneath. It takes every muscle within me to keep myself upright. I feel my body fall forward, the closed door catching my fall. I manage to open the door and put all my body weight onto the frame. My hair falls over my eyes while I stare up at the tv.

One of the nurses finds me at last. "Miss.Black, we need to-"

"Turn the volume up." I manage to point. "Please."

The nurse nods with a sorrowful expression on her face, reaching for the remote.

Benjamin appears on screen. "Yes, we are excited and looking forward to our North America tour starting this week and the full album right behind it. We know the fans have been looking forward to this for a long time, and we are grateful."

A small clip of Landon and Christian on stage together almost brings a smile to my face. Maybe that's why he isn't here...he's doing band stuff.

Then, a live segment. My ears begin to ring as a young woman comes to his side and he throws his arm around her. They smile together, and I can see the admiration in her eyes.

Gabriella.

"I've been by his side throughout this entire journey and it's amazing to watch his dream come true. I love Christian so much and I'm excited to see what he does next!" She says into the mic, and Christian responds with a kiss to her head.

I'm numb. I swallow the metallic taste in my mouth and wait for the tears that never come.

The nurse from earlier comes around the desk, but as soon as her delicate hand rests on my shoulder, I flinch. "Do not touch me."

The doctor from before steps in to intervene. "Alexandria-"

"I said don't fucking touch me!" I yell, shoving his hand back. The images flooding my brain consists of the most horrifying things, so much that if I ever told somebody, I'd be strapped in a straight jacket.

Christian's head bashed on the sidewalk with my blood on his hands.

Good girl, you're learning.

SHUT UP ANTARES!

I start to hyperventilate. The images in my make it so I can't focus. My throat tightens as I'm gasping for air like a fish out of water.

That's right, human. Go ahead, scream. Scream his name.

"Someone page Doctor Ryan!" A voice gets lost in the crowd as I crash into something hard, my limbs thrashing around.

Let everyone know who has done this to you, human. Scream his name until the depths of hell can hear you.

"CHRISTIAN!" I scream out, loud enough for my body to start shaking. I feel no remorse for screaming how I am.

I scream his name again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

I scream loud enough for the entire hospital to hear me losing my mind. Loud enough to the point of arm restraints.

I'm trapped in my own head, forced to watch a young woman who looks like me drench herself in Christian's blood and tear his heart out. His own screams replace mine, hoping its loud enough for the deepest pit of hell to hear.

I'll kill him...whatever it takes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 103 10
All demons who have been in Hell 5 years or less get assigned a person to hover over until said person finally dies. This isn't to protect them; It's...
4.8K 87 34
[Editing in (very slow) progress] There's whispers in the Legion, about someone called the Psyche, the key to defeating the enemy. A young woman name...
1.1M 39.1K 30
What if the Bible has it all wrong about the Anti-Christ? What if this person is female and what if she actually has a choice? Meet A.C. a.k.a An...
35.3K 726 41
They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you. And that's what he brought me, Heaven. We were terribly perfect for each othe...