Irikumu Tsukisan

By Winterbunny13

An Original story about a woman in the far future who uses her time to play VR Otome game. Based off of a cha... More

New Game
The Other Side
Some Kind Of Wonderful
Time Off
I Want to Understand
True Strike
Taken Offense
Intoxication
Threshold
Forging Your Route

Through the Looking Glass

2 0 0
By Winterbunny13

Makenzie was smiling from ear to ear as she stood there in front of Kosuke in his room. It had been a few days since he saw her, but they tried to not let that affect them more than a normal couple. It had been years since the start of their own story, Makenzie worked hard in both places to make her life what she wanted. It was hard, balancing her training and work with spending time here. The world programed into the game also had to change enough for the world here to actually change. It was simple, and she had help but once done she was able to come back feeling accomplished. The game world was changed by them, together. Her training here helped in real life too, so she couldn't knock it. Moving into the Meiji restoration- a historical event so long ago it wasn't even a footnote in the history she learned. It felt nice and she learned a lot of it from this place. It was a curious program that seemed to be born of a deep passion. Hibiki changed, albeit kicking and screaming. He had his own house and Makenzie even commissioned a wife for the man, he seemed happy enough when he visited. It was nice to fix Kosuke's problems with hard work. Her improvements on the coding of the game changed the characters as well with the years, most notably Momo.

The woman was older now, a teenager with her body almost developed and Hibiki no longer able to pluck her off the ground like he used to. Kosuke was head of the estate still, an officer within the new government and training others on using guns.  She had gotten used to watching him train others and sometimes helping. The man was on pins and needles for the last year, trying to figure out the best time to propose. Not surprisingly to her mother, that time hadn't come, as Makenzie was making herself into the woman she could be proud to be, always changing and learning. Seeing her smile so big before him now warmed his heart, still. He was proud of the woman. "Well?" He spoke, looking up from the document on his desk.

"I'm on a team, finally. I'm a pilot. I... I can't believe it! I have power now. Power to start changing things. Dad and I fought but, I just don't care right now. I mean you know how he can be, but none of that matters. I can make my world a better place, like we did here! And I'm here with you right now." She watched as his face fell, looking at the document but not focusing on it. Kosuke was grateful that his world was changed closer to his dreams, though all he could think about was how they did it together and how she wouldn't get that help from him. He pushed down his own feelings and looked up to her, smiling fondly.

"I had no doubt. Makenzie you are more than amazing. I'm always in awe when I see you." He stood up, pushing his white hair off to the side. "But this is not an ending, right? This is a beginning. You will have so much more work to do."

"Well, yeah." She narrowed her eyes, brows knitted together. "Why are you making that sour face?" He didn't say a word, simply tugged on his sleeve and sighed softly. His eyes locked with hers and he forced a smile on his lips. She felt uneasy looking into the eyes that so often gave her comfort and warmth. "K... Kosuke, talk to me, please."

He walked to her, pulling her hands into his own and sighing once more. "I... I can't help. I'm powerless. You've told me so much of what's on the other side. It all sounds amazingly impossible. Machines and computers, society far bigger than I can wrap my head around. You've helped every aspect of my life. You've given me my dream. I'm living it. But I'm stuck in here and you are out there." He chuckled lightly, almost hopelessly. "You need... a man that can help you with your dream." Her brows rose in surprise. "I'm just... well I'm a little conflicted. Because I love you. I'll always love you. I just know what I should to do. You deserve to be with someone who can actually help you as you did us."

"Wait... what?" She put a hand on his shoulder. "Kosuke...?" He hummed and she closed her eyes for just a moment to right herself. "First of all, I don't 'need' a man at all. I can take care of myself." She looked deep into his eyes. "Listen and hear this. Really hear this. Kosuke, I'm in love with you. I've been for years now. You're what I want. You're all I want. I hate pet names with a passion and when you called me princess, I should have cringed, but it is the most natural thing in the world. It sounded right. Because it's you. It makes my heart melt. A pet name, of all things. Because it's you." Her shoulders rolled back and her lips pulled into a deeply satisfied smile. "My dream never included sole companionship until I met you. Now, I can't do this without you. It can only be you. After all, you're what made me believe I could be more than a lab rat. I'm a pilot because of you."

She sighed softly, his face has eased a great deal, skin flushed a little. "Don't run away from this. Kosuke, I'm scared too, just like I was when we started to change things here. I carry you with me, always. You are helping me. This is also how a lot of couples exist. I will just come home after work by putting on a headset. That's not much of an obstacle for me." Her hand cupped his cheek.

"Princess... You are... Incredible." He closed his eyes, then leaned in kissing her cheek. She felt the insane heat from him. Overwhelmed with emotions Makenzie's arms moved around his ribs, embracing the man firmly. "I was sure I was losing you. Your world is so... well compared to that this is a hovel."

"So you pushed me away first? Kosuke... I.... don't want that. I want to see your smiling face daily. That is what will keep me going. Knowing that you got your dream, I will get mine. And we will live together. I'm going to do it."

"You're so passionate..." His skin prickled, running his hands over her shoulders. "It excites me." He leaned in, whispering into her ear and she shivered. Makenzie moaned lightly, unable to help it and Kosuke lifted up the woman and gently sits her on his desk, careful not to push the pages off. He sat on his knees, looking up to her. Everything he wanted to say was reflected in his eyes and she pushed forward, pressing her lips to his.

"Good. So this is all behind us." She looked into his eyes, softly. "This isn't the end for us, Kosuke. It's the beginning. I'll come here to be with you. I'm always thinking about you. Is this because my team is all dudes?"

He raised a brow, looking into her eyes. "All dudes?"

She gulped but shook her head. "Well, yeah. But you have nothing to worry about. One is super old and the other is... well he's funny but not in a way that's appealing. Kosuke, you are everything and you have nothing to worry about. You would lose me to Ren well before one of them." They both chuckled lightly and he shook his head.

"As if the big guy could take you."

"Exactly." She stands up slowly, pulling him to his feet. "No one holds a candle to you. Ren's a pretty good guy. I enjoy his company. But this is just like you and Sakura. Just a working relationship. Same thing for the team." She looked to the door. "Momo is out, right?" He nodded and she sighed. "Ah, that girl. I bet she has a date. Left her poor brother here to work and-"

"And wait for his own girl. I'm fine, Makenzie." He tilted his head a little.

"Oh? You are fine. But I feel like I should cook for you. I've gotten a lot better." She raised a brow with the question.

He simply shook his head. "Nonsense. We should celebrate your success. We'll go out. Just the start of many outings to celebrate what you're doing over there. They are lucky to have you." She flushed, looking at her other half with such adoration. He cleared his throat, before extending his elbow. "Besides. I know Woodseth is over there. Making sure you are safe." She nodded slowly and the pair made off to dinner.

The next year was hard, but dealing with it all one day at a time was they only way they made it. He noticed her grow further, with a smile on his face and when she found her way into the game with a newfound confidence he had to admit it was appealing.

"Kosuke... Follow me." He looked on at her, the tone lacing her sweet voice made his unease that much worse. She looked down, before taking the man to the edge of the estate, overlooking a crystal lake in the clear, summer afternoon. She sighed heavily. "Kosuke, we have to say goodbye... for a while."

His eyes widened before his hand moved to her cheek. "Really?" She watched the look on his face and it was killing her. "You're going on another long mission? Like when you moved to the star base? I think I can handle it. You'll always come back to me, though. Right?"

"Oh, I will..." She sniffed, looking into his eyes and taking a deep breath. "But this is different. I- finally- found a way to pull you through to the other side. Not on my own of course. I'm good, but I'm not a genius or anything. So the people that are helping me- Well... They need your program."

His lips pulled into a soft smile, looking at her. He didn't fully understand it yet. "There's a way to pull me into your world? Then- Yes. Yes by all means give them my program."

She averted her eyes from him, lifting her left hand to wipe off building tears. "I want to. I want you there, but..."

"But?" He pulled her closer, wiping her tears off himself.

"But I'm not sure I can trust them. What if they change you?" She shook her head, forcing herself into his arms. "Or worse, I never see you again." Kosuke wrapped his arms around her, it dawning on the man that giving them the program will stop them meeting like this. He may be stuck, still conscious and longing to see her again but never seeing her. All the thoughts and fears built up as he held her, the woman nearly sobbing into his chest. "Lose you... I could lose you."

"Never." She looked up to him, trying to calm herself down. "You will never lose me, Princess. Even if I'm gone you will always carry me inside yourself. They won't change me, not really. Not ever. I'll always love you like this. Exactly like this. If you're worried about losing me for a bit- well..." He put his hand on her chin. "It is worth the risk. Being with you. I will be with you. Are you going to be okay?"

"I... Suppose I will." She chuckled nervously. "I will bury myself in work, I suppose. I just- I will miss you so much." He smiled somberly before leaning in a little. Her eyes closed as he pressed his lips to his happily, passionately. She melted into his arms, lost in the kiss that lasted for a few minutes. Breaking the kiss he looked deep into her eyes and she exhaled, her lips moving into a smile.

"Gods I love making you do that..." He pressed his forehead to hers. "I will miss you so much... my dearest love. We will meet again. Always. I will never stop working towards us and risking what needs to be risked to be with you. To actually be with you." His nose touched hers and she smiled softly.

"I love you, too, Kosuke. My Kosuke." She cuddled with him for a while longer before pulling the plug on the game for what felt like might be the last time, then packaging up his program to deliver it unto a pair of hackers who thought her idea of bringing a game's NHP into their world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462 3 10
In a world where fiction meets with reality, seven unique women play with the life of a man as they desire, and a story about love, sex, society, and...
604 4 1
This is one of my favorite stories that Im writing. It's mainly based off of the video game series called Dynasty Warriors. It takes place in ancient...
127 19 22
Lara Johnson travels back to her monastery on the coast of Kyoto Japan. When returning home, with her three new companions, returning home feels diff...
3.3K 141 56
While entering a game Sparx gets teleported to new world which he had never seen before. read more to know more about a software developer life gets...