Everything has changed

By minx_56

About 8 years after graduating from Night Raven College, Jamil comes back home to Silk City after a long jour... More

Chapter 1: As if the streetlights pointed in an arrowhead leading us home
Chapter 2: it could've been fun if you could've been the 1
Chapter 3: In a getaway car
Chapter 4: My love is as cruel as the city I've lived in
Chapter 5: Devils roll the dice Angels roll their eyes
Chapter 6: I can see us lost in the memory
Chapter 7: Call it what you want to
Chapter 8: when you smile, you knock me out I fall apart
Chapter 9: the playful conversation starts
Chapter 11: Reflections of the life I've lived
Chapter 12: Mastermind/s
Chapter 13: I only see Daylight
Chapter 14: A Cruel Summer
Extra: It's nice to have a friend

Chapter 10: Sparks Fly

222 8 1
By minx_56

"What. Is. up bro!" Khalil cheerfully greeted.

The man was a large man. He was taller than Kalim and much more buff than Kalim, and definitely stronger than him. Though he is intimidating at first glance, this big boy has a big heart. Though his intentions may be great, he indefinitely fails at his attempts of being a brother...

"Khalil, what are you doing here?" Kalim asked.

"Oh nothing... just visiting you...." The man paused, "And here to invite you to a party!"

Kalim sighs once more, "Khalil- you know I don't do parties anymore right?"

"Oh c'mon! Unwind a little, you can use a break!-" Kalim then shushes the man, "First off, would I need to remind you of the last time we 'unwinded'?"

"Hey! It wasn't 'that' bad!"

"You were almost charged for car theft!!"

"That wasn't intentional!!! I was drunk, I thought that was my car!"

Kalim sighs disappointingly, "I'm not even gonna question how you got the keys for that car.. "

"C'mon bro, you need a little break from life- and don't argue with me here cuz you know that's true." Khalil argues.

Kalim knows it's true, he's exhausted and tired. But it's not like he can just do what he wants like he did before. He has a son to think about.

"Khalil, I have Amir I can't-"

"Then I'll babysit him!"

"Khalil, I love you, I do, but I won't trust you with children. Ever."

"I'm not that bad at babysitting!"

Kalim furrows his eyebrows remembering all those times he almost dropped their newborn siblings.

Kalim sighs again, "Khalil I get your point. I do. But it's not like I can be reckless, I have a family now.."

Khalil frowns, "Look... you married young, like you just turned 20 when you got married, don't you think it's fine to live your life a little- I mean- Elena is gone, go out there! And-"

"Khalil."

"-and Jamil is back, don't you think you should give him a chance? I mean you were really in lo-"

"Khalil!" Kalim yelled at the cutting of Khalil.

He breathes in and breathes out." I get your point, really I do. But it's not like I can just go up and go. What about Amir? Especially now that Elena is gone I'm all he has."

"Kalim, you don't have to do this alone. We're here- me, mom, and the rest of our siblings." Khalil argues again,

"Kalim I get that you don't trust most of our siblings but you have me. You were there when I cried, can't I do the same? You've been looking for her for like how long? 7 months? That's a long time, and you're getting exhausted. We all can see that. Not to mention your hectic work of running the family business."

Kalim stayed silent. He felt like a kid getting scolded, he's aware of how much he's working himself, but it's not like he can just- stop. There was work needed to be done. And work only he can fulfill.

"One day." Khalil broke the silence.

"Take one day off, I'll look after Amir."

"Khalil-"

"I won't be alone! I'll be with Najma. Is that ok?"

"Why would Najma- wait-" a sudden realization struck the sultan.

"You're still courting her?" Kalim asks.

"W-well more or less.. hehe" he responded shyly.

"You do realise you have more chance of getting your ass kicked by Jamil than actually getting with her right?" Kalim teased him.

Khalil has had feelings for Najma for a long time, in fact he's been courting her since Jamil left(Jamil tends to be defensive when it comes to men who try to court Najma and most would run away one glare from him.). Now that he's back he can only imagine the hisses and grunts he receives from the older Viper.

"I know... but I'm gonna prove myself to Jamil that I am worthy of being Najma's partner!!!" He enthusiastically announced.

"Well.. good luck with that." Kalim responds.

"Ok enough about that- what do you say about the day off?"

"Still no."

"Oh c'mon!"

Kalim reasons with him, "Look I appreciate it but I have documents to sign and business partners to meet. I have a lot on my plate and who's gonna fill my role if I take a day off?"

Khalil pouted unresponsive, Kalim speaks once more, "Hey really I appreciate you thinking about me. But my role is too big to leave it be. I'd love to do what you say I would do, but... My role here is just too important."

"Please, I hope you understand." He pleads.

Khalil releases a defeated sigh, "Ok..."

"Good."

Soon a tiny red-eyed child peeked through the door. He met eyes with Khalil, and an idea popped into his head. Is it good or not, who knows.

"Hey Amir! We're going to the beach with your dad!" He yelled making sure the boy heard.

Kalim blinked a few times, "WHAT!?"
____________

"I can't believe we actually went here..." Kalim sighs.

"THE BEACH!!!!!" Amir appeared from behind Kalim and immediately jumped for joy as he saw the waves.

"Amir don't run or you'll trip, your dad can't handle such a situation his heart's too soft." A smirk was plastered into the Viper's face as he teased Kalim.

Khalil had the idea of going to the beach and once Amir heard it he got his hopes up. Of course Kalim, the good father that he is, was unable to resist his son so here they are. Currently at one of the Private Islands owned by the Asims

The Asim family used to spend their summers in these islands, usually the size of the family made it hard to enjoy it for a bit. As the family is big, it's more chaotic. Not only that everyone has to pretend the tension between the wives didn't exist. So it wasn't that enjoyable to experience.

While Kalim was lamenting his decision Najma and Khalil headed straight to the shore and immediately dipped in the water.

"Najma! don't forget to put on sunscreen you'll get painful sunburns, trust me they're not fun." Jamil warmed the girl who was already enjoying her swim, Najma was having too much fun to listen to her brother "She's so gonna complain in pain later..."

Jamil and Kalim set up a tent and set up the remaining stuff, they laid down a mat and set the coolers on the side. Jamil set up a grill where their food would eventually be cooked, and Kalim was tending to Amir. Though Kalim may have overdone it with the floaties, the boy had one in his arms and one in his waist as well as a pair of swimming goggles.

Jamil took a glance at the boy and sighed. "Kalim, he's not going to drown. He's literally only going to be playing near the shore; he's not going diving."

"Yeah! But what if he strays off too far!? What if he goes there and it's too deep for him!?-"

"Kalim the shore is literally just up his waist, stop panicking and worrying so much, Najma's with him anyways he'll be fine. Let him go once in a while."

After the reassurance of Jamil, Kalim releases a sigh of defeat. Maybe he was overreacting, this is Amir's first time at the beach, he can't ruin it by being overprotective of him.

"Ok." Kalim says, "But some ground rules, stay with Auntie Najma and Uncle Khalil ok?" A nod from Amir then followed, "Then don't go too far ok? If it's getting too deep for you go back here, and if you're exhausted go back here to me and Uncle Jamil got it?"

"Ok Papa!"

"Don't pick up random stuff you see we never know if it's a sea urchin or a jellyfish, shells are fine but be careful some might be crabs-"

"I got it Papa!" The boy then streamed off and played with his Auntie Najma, cutting off his father.

"H-hey I wasn't finished!"

Jamil let out a mild chuckle, unfortunately Kalim heard, "What are you laughing for?"

"Pfft- he streamed off cuz he thinks you're annoying." The viper laughed.

"Wha- I am not! I'm simply worrying for his safety!" The sultan retaliated.

"Well that's how kids are nag them for too long and they get annoyed, your son's just too nice to tell you- Ow!" Jamil suddenly writhes in pain.

"What happened!?" The alerted Sultan quickly stood and went to Jamil.

"I-I'm fine just burnt myself a little..."

Kalim immediately panicked, "W-we need cool water! I'll be right back!"

"Kalim I'm fine-"

"Nonsense! You're hurt!"

Jamil says nothing more, he simply embraces defeat and stays put as Kalim pours some cool water into his burn and puts a dampened cloth into it. Quite honestly Jamil thinks he's overreacting, it's simply a minor burn, with his time in the kitchen it's something he knows how to deal with. Jamil thinks for a moment as Kalim puts the dampened cloth again, Kalim has become too distressed. He observes the man before him, he sees a man that's stressed and exhausted.

Kalim freaks out with the slightest inconvenience, what once a boy that laughs his problems away grew to a man who knew nothing but to only think about problems.

Jamil did not like it. Kalim did not smile often, and it was uncomfortable to say the least. This man did not know how to rest- No he's forgotten how to rest.

"𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘰𝘵... 𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧..."

"Hm? What's wrong Jamil? You're silent? Is it painful?-"

"No..." Jamil sighs,

Jamil is determined to get this man before him to rest and take it easy.

Though when someone needs help yet refuses to ask for it, is when things get complicated.
_______________

You could almost see a vein in Jamil's head pop. How can a person be this work obsessed??

Despite asking Kalim to stay put and relax, it seems that the sultan simply couldn't. Who would've thought he brought his laptop and documents with him?.....on the beach. Not only that his phone constantly rang and he's constantly talking to who knows what.

This was supposed to be a vacation. Who works during vacation? Jamil has decided he's had enough of it. He left the grill for a while and promptly made his way to Kalim.

He slammed his laptop shut and set it aside, he said nothing. The next you know Kalim is being hoisted up in Jamil's arm.

"J-jamil! What's this about!?" Kalim says, as a rose colored tint formed in his cheeks. His heart beated faster and stomach felt like it was being twisted.

Jamil simply walked to where the 'kids' were playing and didn't even mutter a single word, until, "INCOMING SULTAN!!!"

"whAT-"

Kalim's eyes widened and his heart almost stopped. Jamil threw him into the water leaving him soaking wet.

"JAMIL WHAT THE FUCK!?-"

"Shhhh! You can't be cursing around children now can we?" The Viper put on a smirk as he poke fun at Kalim.

"Wha- what the hell Jamil!"

"Ah ah ah! I don't wanna hear it! This is a vacation and it's supposed to be a place to rest and to relax not to work" Jamil says

"But-"

"No buts! You're going to spend a wonderful time with your son and brother! You've worn yourself out to thin Kalim."

Kalim only gulped. Of course he knew that, he felt like a child being scolded. He no longer argued; he simply pouted and went to his son."

"Now that's a good Kalim!" Jamil teased. And immediately Kalim glared at him.

"Papa what happened!?" Amir quickly ran to his father.

"A snake thought it would be a great idea to throw me into the ocean." Kalim says in a slightly annoyed tone.

Najma and Khalil could be heard chuckling lightly in the back.

Seeing the smiles and laughs around him, he's starting to consider that maybe a vacation wasn't too bad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355 25 12
Lovely Jean is the epitome of everything a lot of young women think they want to be; she is rich, excruciatingly beautiful, has an amazing body and i...
553 45 12
To summarize, your 'bit' of an odd individual with a 'questionable grip' on sanity and knowledge base who unexpectedly finds themselves at the magica...
3K 119 50
Kekoa Makani is a third-year at Night Raven College. His cousin Allison was supposed to go to Drissarths Academy for Witches, but things took an unex...
3.9K 70 19
This is my first ever one shot and first time writing fanfics, i would like to get some requests and ideas for ships, platonic relationships, whateve...