Everything has changed

By minx_56

About 8 years after graduating from Night Raven College, Jamil comes back home to Silk City after a long jour... More

Chapter 1: As if the streetlights pointed in an arrowhead leading us home
Chapter 2: it could've been fun if you could've been the 1
Chapter 3: In a getaway car
Chapter 4: My love is as cruel as the city I've lived in
Chapter 5: Devils roll the dice Angels roll their eyes
Chapter 6: I can see us lost in the memory
Chapter 7: Call it what you want to
Chapter 8: when you smile, you knock me out I fall apart
Chapter 10: Sparks Fly
Chapter 11: Reflections of the life I've lived
Chapter 12: Mastermind/s
Chapter 13: I only see Daylight
Chapter 14: A Cruel Summer
Extra: It's nice to have a friend

Chapter 9: the playful conversation starts

185 6 0
By minx_56

Kalim ran Into his balcony and he saw Jami looking up to him, his cheeks flushed red, his chest tightened and he felt his stomach twist but in a good way.

He stuttered, "I-I'm coming just wait!" He then offs the call and sprint down to open the gate immediately.

While Jamil patiently waits he's greeted by Kalim panting as he opens the gate.

"Hey...J-jamil! What are you doing here at this hour?"

"Nothing, just thought I'd drop by. I brought beer." Jamil raises a plastic bag with two cans of beer and he hands one out to Kalim

"Uh... beer... ok.." Kalim hesitantly accepts the can.

"Why? You don't drink?"

"No No I do, it's just the last time I did... let's just say it was disastrous..." Kalim shudders at the memory, he really doesn't want Jamil to see him like that. Though he should be fine it's one can after all.

"Let's sit in the truck trunk- actually wait here I'll lay down a mat or something." Kalim holds the plastic bag while Jamil runs to the truck and takes out a mat.

He opens the trunk and lays down a mat. He reached out his hand to Kalim. Time slowed for the sultan, when was...the last time he felt such a feeling. It was the feeling of fleeting in the air, feeling restless while also feeling relaxed. When Kalim took Jamil's hand it felt as though he'd been called to stay with him. And god was it such a great feeling. One where he wishes he could have forever.

He takes his hand, he steps in the trunk. In doing so he trips himself, Jamil catches him, just as he always does.

"Whoa there, you ok?" Jamil asked, seemingly worried.

Kalim registers on what happened and his face flustered looking at Jamil,"Y-yeah, thanks for that."

They both sat down in the trunk, Jamil opened a can and took a sip. Kalim, still hesitant, also opened the can and took a sip.

Kalim sighs, under the moonlight it seemed as though his problems were washed away. If he was younger he would go out for a stroll, riding a magic carpet, feeling the wind and soaring through the breeze.

Jamil sighed, "Nice night isn't it? The moon is full."

Kalim looked up into the sky. The moon was indeed full and round. The stars surrounded them and there was nothing but silence, but it wasn't uncomfortable. It was comforting. Jamil stole a glance at Kalim, who was staring at the moon lovingly. He looked tired, he had the look of a person longing for what he once was in the past.

"Bad day?" Jamil asked.

Kalim turns, he looks him straight in the eye, he responds."No, not necessarily..."

He releases another breath.

He did not speak, he fell silent for a while.

"Mom called earlier."

"What'd she say?" Jamil asked.

"She says when wants me to go back with my "apparent" wife and Amir." Kalim visibly frowned.

"Well, what'd you say?"

"Obviously I said I'll think about it, in truth I don't want to." Kalim says as he takes a sip from his beer.

"So? Do you want to?"

"Honestly? No, I just don't like it there, let alone letting Amir stay there."

"Then don't go if you don't want to."

Kalim sighs, "If only it were that easy."

A brief silence befell them, they simply sat and watched the glorious moon upon them. What a truly beautiful sight it was.

Kalim let out a chuckle, "Y'know sometimes... I miss when I was a kid.." He then briefly paused. "Those times when I could simply ride through the desert at night and see the world..."

"Adulthood sucks."

"It doesn't look like it to you though." Kalim laughed.

Jamil smirked, "Well it's different for everyone, I owe my carefree life to you though. Thank you."

The sultan smiled back at the viper, "I owe it to you anyways, you deserve it."

Jamil smiles and he releases a breath, "Nights like these are the best! Just us under the moon and there's not much people around."

"Well there's no people here to begin with." Kalim chuckled.

Kalim turned to Jamil again, "Ok truly, be honest."

Jamil blinked,"Ok."

"What made you go here at like 12am?" Kalim asked.

Immediately Jamil turned his head in the opposite direction, quick to scratch his nape and darted his eyes. Jamil cleared his throat, he stuttered. "W-well like I said why not-"

Jamil then took a glance at Kalim and he could see him raising his eyebrows and a smirk arose from his lips. That face screams "oh really?"Jamil thinks there's no reason to lie Kalim knew him all too well.

"Ok fine," Jamil sighed.

"Your brother, Khalil, came to me earlier."

Kalim's eyes furrowed. It's not because he necessarily didn't like Khalil, in fact, he's one of the nice ones in his sea of siblings; he's also one of the closest to Kalim. But Khalil is a troublemaker (though his intentions are never bad), and they have the same mother so he already got a gist of how this is gonna go.

"What did Khalil want with you?" But Kalim still asked.

"Oh yeah, he said that your mom has been crying wanting you to come home so on and so forth, and I'm supposed to be here to convince you, but I know you don't like that so let's just hangout I guess.."

Kalim did not respond immediately, blinking a few times, "Oh."

"Yeah, so enough about that, how's life going for you?" Jamil asked again.

Kalim released a long sigh, "Stressful."

"I figured."

"Well I at least talked to Amir earlier... He misses his mom..." Kalim frowns.

"Where did you track her last? Depending on where it is, I might be able to help .." Jamil reluctantly offers his help, quite honestly he would be 100 percent ok if Elena was gone- but Amir needs her and he misses her. So why should he be selfish now?

"You can?!" Kalim's eyes light up.

Jamil sighs, "Yes."

"She was last seen in an airport in the Queendom of Roses..."

Jamil puts his hand on his chin,"Airport huh... can you specify which one? There's about 3 major airports there."

"Wait a sec-" Kalim pulls out his phone in his pocket and opens up his messages and scrolls, "Ah ok, she was last seen at Rose kingdom international airport..."

"Rose kingdom international airport..." Jamil shuts his eyes as he thinks, he's been there before...

Where would a runaway wife go....?

"Any leads on where she was headed?" Jamil asked again.

"She was apparently seen heading north of Queendom of Roses.."

"Mhm..." Jamil snaps his fingers.

"There are a couple of places she could go if she was trying to run from the Asims..."

Jamil remembered an isolated part of Queendom of Roses he went to. If he was right she could be there, it resided in the northwest, the place was more of a rural town and the signal absolutely sucked. The place was quite...messy. He once encountered many thieves in that place, he guesses it's also a hub for crime.

There's also a "ghost town" In the northeast, well it's more empty than infested with ghosts. Jamil had happened to stumble upon the town after getting lost. The town was well- abandoned. It seems that no one even visited it as it was completely empty, every house he knocked on he got no response. Most people didn't seem to know about the place so it could be a contender for a hiding place.

There's also an extremely crowded place in the north. It's a mixing pot of all kinds of people as many commercial businesses were built there, is what they want you to believe, it's an absolute red light district when the sun sets. Jamil stumbled upon it after getting dragged there for a party, he's not gonna lie he had 'fun' at least. But it was a great place to hide too, it's so crowded it'll make it hard to be tracked and it's easy enough to blend in with the people if you play your cards right...

"And those are the places I could think of..." Jamil says.

"Wow... you've been to a lot of places.."

"Well, yeah, I sometimes just end up there cuz I get lost or something."

"I never thought you'd get lost." Kalim giggles.

"Well I didn't really care." Jamil looks at the stars, "I knew I'd come back home one way or another."

Kalim softly smiles, "I'm glad you're home."

Jamil almost jumps, that was smooth- he felt like there's a sudden heart attack in his chest. "H-hey about- about Elena!!"

Jamil felt like he was out of breath, he needed to get himself out of that situation or else he would blurt out unspeakable things.

"Right." Kalim composes himself, "I'll tell my men to search for those 3 locations you just mentioned."

"T-that's good." Jamil says, avoiding Kalim's gaze.

"Truly Jamil, thank you."

Jamil composes himself, he turns and looks Kalim in the eye, "Of course."

Jamil softly smiled, "You're hopeless without me."

Kalim chuckles, "Hehe, that I am"
__________

Kalim wakes up in his bed the next morning, the sun hitting his eyes. Days have suddenly become brighter these days.. Is it because he returned? He remembers last night, they had quite the conversations. Kalim thinks back to their teenage days, did they talk this deeply? Both knew that talking was something they both struggled at. And it led to very big consequences.. Kalim is glad that part of their lives are over.

He yawns and stretches, he then stands and goes to his bathroom to brush his teeth. He then immediately goes down, he could already hear a ruckus going on the moment he stepped on the stairs. Kalim arrives downstairs greeted by a loud voice.

"Yo yo yo! Big bro! It's me, your lil bro Khalil!"

Kalim grunted and his brows furrowed.

"I'm sorry Mr. Kalim... I tried to send him away but he kept insisting..."

Kalim sighs, "it's ok Nana... there's no getting around Khalil in the first place.."

He puts his hands on his head.

"𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘦..!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.2K 2K 43
Lucien Valentin, a self-proclaimed outcast, is now trying to expand his none-existing social circle. It's not too late to start socializing now that...
553 45 12
To summarize, your 'bit' of an odd individual with a 'questionable grip' on sanity and knowledge base who unexpectedly finds themselves at the magica...
90.9K 1.8K 100
Hi :) The first one shot book got to 110 chapters so I'm making a new one<3 These are mostly karlity oneshots,maybe a few other ships like punznap or...
3K 119 50
Kekoa Makani is a third-year at Night Raven College. His cousin Allison was supposed to go to Drissarths Academy for Witches, but things took an unex...