Everything has changed

By minx_56

About 8 years after graduating from Night Raven College, Jamil comes back home to Silk City after a long jour... More

Chapter 1: As if the streetlights pointed in an arrowhead leading us home
Chapter 2: it could've been fun if you could've been the 1
Chapter 3: In a getaway car
Chapter 4: My love is as cruel as the city I've lived in
Chapter 5: Devils roll the dice Angels roll their eyes
Chapter 6: I can see us lost in the memory
Chapter 8: when you smile, you knock me out I fall apart
Chapter 9: the playful conversation starts
Chapter 10: Sparks Fly
Chapter 11: Reflections of the life I've lived
Chapter 12: Mastermind/s
Chapter 13: I only see Daylight
Chapter 14: A Cruel Summer
Extra: It's nice to have a friend

Chapter 7: Call it what you want to

202 8 0
By minx_56

Jamil Viper was not new to the concept of sex, with his 8 years of Traveling he's had some flings here and there. He's slept with men and women alike. He should not find it weird that Kalim is aware of the concept of sex, he has a biological son after all.

But here he is awkwardly keeping his distance while the white haired fumed with embarrassment. Kalim used both of his hands covering his rose-colored face contemplating his decisions in life. He sat on his bed, disheveled hair, unbuttoned shirt, and overall a mess, if Nana came up here she'd definitely think something else was up.

Again there was an awkward tension between, Jamil wonders why this always happens to them. He stood there in silence until he broke it off with a sigh, "Ok let's get one thing straight."

"First off, I will NEVER do anything without your consent, I may be an asshole but I'm not a predator, second, what do you mean by-"

"AH! FORGET IT! FORGET EVERYTHING I SAID!" the white haired said while he covered his face with a pillow. Jamil could only scratch his head and avoid his gaze.

With a release of breath Kalim composed himself, "Ok don't judge me... I haven't had any action in almost a year, quite frankly it's driving me crazy...."

Kalim then heard a snort from Jamil, holding himself back from laughing, "I JUST SAID TO NOT JUDGE ME!" He then throws the pillow to Jamil which he caught.

"I'm not! Really I'm not judging..." Jamil chuckled one more time, "It's just funny to see you like this!.....HAHAHAHA!," Jamil burst into laughter. Kalim kept throwing his pillows to him in embarrassment.

"How horny are you that you wanna have sex with me? Don't tell me you sleep with whoever." Jamil teased.

"Shut up! So what? Those urges are normal!"

"I mean if you don't mind we can try-" Jamil paused as another pillow hit his face.

"UGH!" Kalim just wants to crawl up into a hole and never come back, he utterly embarrassed himself in front of Jamil. He cursed his dirty mind for this. Kalim then crawled under his blanket, pouting.

Jamil wipes a tear from his eyes caused by his laughter, "Okok... I'm sorry for teasing...Can you come out of there so you can drink your medicine?"

"No! I'm staying here forever where I'm free from embarrassment!"

"Well I guess I have no choice but to do this." Jamil had a big grin printed on his face, he slowly crawled over to where Kalim huddled up. He then poked his waist and it sent a jolt to Kalim's spine.

"Jamil.. don't you dare." Kalim threatened.

"Dare what? This?" He then proceeded to tickle the white haired. "J-jamil stop! Hahaha!"

The Sultan laughed out loud, tears of joy forming in his eyes. Jamil adores his laugh, he could spend his whole life just listening to it. Kalim was forced to lay in his bed, Jamil on top of him.

"Jamil stop it!" Kalim begged

"No way, unless you take your medicine I won't stop."

"Okok! I'll take it!" The sultan gave in.

"That's a good sulta-"

A sudden creak could be heard from the door, someone had opened it. Kalim realized the position they were in and if someone were to walk in on the they would definitely think they were about to have sex. Before Kalim could react, Nana's figure was revealed from the entrance.

"Master Kali-" Nana's mouth agape with shock.

Nana had frozen, Jamil was on top of Kalim, her master's clothes practically falling off revealing his chest. I'm her perspective, she had just walked in on a very intimate between the two. The three stared down for a moment before Nana decided to leave.

"I-I'm sorry for disturbing you! I'll take my leave!" With that Nana slammed the door behind and quickly left to be by Amir's side.

"N-no it's not what it looks like!" Both Kalim and Jamil screamed. Jamil got off the bed and sat, he face-palmed, his expression mixed with embarrassment and bashfulness. Kalim once again buried his head into a pillow screaming.

Jamil inhaled and exhaled, what utterly embarrassing situation they'd been put in. He was regretting tickling Kalim now. Both faces were covered with red and neither had the courage to speak.

"𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘭𝘺, 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘢𝘸𝘬𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘶𝘴? 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘶𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦!" Jamil cursed in his head.

Jamil then remembered Kalim was sick, "Oh right! Kalim, are you feeling better?"

Kalim then turned to Jamil's gaze."Um...a little... I still feel hot though..."

"Ok seriously, take the damn medicine. I'll get you water, I'll be back." Jamil then leaves the room.

"Ok...." Kalim grunts.

The room had never felt any more empty than now.
_______________

Jamil slid down and squatted in the middle of the hallway, wishing he had just not said or done anything he just did.

"UGH! 'WE CAN TRY'?? SERIOUSLY JAMIL YOU STUPID!" Jamil cursed himself, wishing he could reverse time.

Kalim IS attractive and Jamil knows that, in fact, he was a popular figure in school and many did have a crush on him. Too bad though he all friendzoned them because he's too oblivious. Jamil grunts, should he really feel that bad for them? He's literally at the same position as them currently. Kalim was always pleasant to look at, especially when he was singing and dancing happily.

He was like a ray of sunshine shining down and spreading light throughout the place. He sometimes wonders how Kalim would look like waking up beside him. He imagines the sun shining through the curtains, light coating the slumbering sultan's face. Oh how he wants to know what life with him would be like.

But Jamil shakes off the thought. He was a Sultan and he was once a servant and now a commoner, their worlds were intertwined yet separate. Jamil could only cherish the fantasies.

After a sigh, Jamil stood and starts to walk down the stairs. Soon he reached the kitchen, where Nana was preparing lunch.

Great, he just had to run into her.

The atmosphere as soon as he entered tensed up, it was really just an awkward silence between them. He silently got a glass, and he poured water into the cup.

"Uhm... Jamil..." she called.

Jamil releases a breath, "Yes...?"

"Um...could you... I mean I don't want to impose, but maybe lock the door next time." Jamil knew EXACTLY what she was implying and it embarrassed him nonetheless.

"Look- there's nothing between me and him, what you saw was just us having a bit of fun and playing around." Jamil made sure he cleared up any misunderstandings, by the look on Nana's face it looks like she wasn't surprised in the slightest.

"Oh! I'm not saying it's a bad thing... it wouldn't be the first time Master Kalim had sexual intercourse with someone else other than his wife- I'm just surprised it was you.."

Somehow those words struck a chord into Jamil. His expression dropped, he lowered his head. Of course Kalim is an adult and he could do what he wants. But the thought that others had their way into him brought a very unpleasant feeling in his heart.

"It's like you didn't listen to a word I said, I just said there's NOTHING between us. That's that." He then frustratingly grabbed the glass of water and left.

While on his way to Kalim's room he kept clicking his tongue and furrowed his eyebrows. As he reaches the door, he calms himself down, remembering that Kalim was sick and he didn't need any more stress.

"Ugh! I don't have any right to be jealous at all! I mean- I've had sex with other people too! So why the hell... ugh whatever! I'll deal with it later!"

He opens the door and he is greeted by Kalim tucked in his bed in slumber. His peaceful face was enough to wash all of Jamil's frustrations away. He walks towards the bed, he places the water on the table and sits on the side of the bed making sure Kalim wasn't disturbed in any way. He sighs again and runs his hand to his face.

Jamil sighs, "I've stayed too long here...."
____________

Kalim slowly opened his eyes, he sat up and rubbed his eyes. He looked around the room and couldn't find the viper anywhere. He then notices a note on the table beside a pack of unopened tablets.

"𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘕𝘢𝘫𝘮𝘢 𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘺 𝘮𝘦, 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘩𝘰, 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵. 𝘕𝘰 𝘱𝘢𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵! 𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺. 𝘗𝘢𝘺 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘪𝘮, 𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘺'𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸. 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵.

-𝘑𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭"

Kalim softly smiled. Jamil used to do this all the time, leaving notes for him. In fact, Kalim had collected them and kept them in a box. It was a precious reminder that Jamil cared for him in some way, so he collected them. He places the note down and opens up one packet of medicine and downs it along with water.

Kalim reflects for a while, was he neglecting Amir? He is busy but he still does things for him like cook and play... then again most of the time he comes home too tired and spends most of his time asleep. Amir most likely never said anything because of Kalim. In fact, Amir almost never asks for anything. There were times that Amir requested to play outside, but Kalim was always reluctant to let him outside. He just worries that the enemies at bay could attack.

Amir was the new heir and just like Kalim who came before him, many are waiting for a chance to pounce. It hasn't happened yet because of Kalim's constant request to keep him inside, Amir hasn't seen much of the real world and Kalim is aware that this could be bad for him. But as an heir before Amir, he was afraid. Afraid that the same suffering he went through would happen to his child. He would never forgive himself if that happens.

As, of course, a father only wanted the best for their child, though Kalim's father wasn't the best example he did what he thought was good for Kalim.

Kalim sighs, "I'm not that good at this whole parenting thing..."

After a cool bath, Kalim visits his child, he peeks at the door and sees Nana reading a storybook to Amir. He was surprised when Amir read a sentence. At that moment he realizes what he was missing as a father. He was never really there was he? He didn't even know that his son could read already. There were times that his son surprised him, and he knows why he was surprised. It's because he hadn't paid attention to him. He watched Amir fall asleep and promptly went back to his own room.

He laid down, closing his eyes for a moment. How can he be a better father? He doesn't know, no one was there to help him. No one to tell him if he was doing good or bad. It was supposed to be Elena and Him, co-parenting and helping each other out. Now it's only him.

Kalim bit his lip in frustration, covering his eyes with his arms. He's never liked being alone, he hates the silence that comes with it, because nothing distracts him from his thoughts. He needed someone to talk to, right at this moment or he may just go crazy.
____________

Jamil was peacefully sleeping when he heard his phone ring. He cursed at first, "who the fuck is calling-" the screen glowed the name 'Kalim' and Jamil immediately answers.

"Hello?" Jamil greeted with a slight hoarse voice.

"Hello Jamil?" Kalim asked.

"Yeah I'm here, what's up? Did something happen?"

Jamil could tell that Kalim was hesitant. Something definitely happened.

"Actually... you know what... sorry for disturbing I'll call you in the morning-"

"No no! It's fine, what's up?" Jamil then sat upright in his bed.

Kalim fell silent for a moment, Jamil patiently waiting for the sultan to find his voice.

"Actually... I just... I'm so confused, I- I don't know what to do... how am I supposed to be a good father for Amir?" His voice cracked.

Jamil fell silent....."I never thought you would come for me for that...." He paused, "I'm not a parent either, but let me guess something, you assumed that by yourself did you?"

Kalim gulped, "I mean... it's just- it's so hard when no one is there to tell me if I'm doing something wrong... I just- I have no idea what I'm doing! Especially when it comes to raising Amir! And it's frustrating..."

Kalim sobbed through the phone, while Jamil simply listened. "What made you suddenly doubt yourself? I mean looking at you, you're doing your best with your packed schedule."

"It's just your note that made me notice it....do I really not pay enough attention to him?" Kalim breathed heavily.

Jamil sighed, "Well I guess you could start by giving him a bit of freedom..."

"Jamil..."

"I know what you're going to say 'it's too unsafe! Especially for an Asim heir like Amir!' and I'm telling you with years of experience by your side, I know that. But it's clear Amir has a natural curiosity for the outside world, and don't you think keeping him inside all the time will stunt him? Need I remind you this is the exact scenario that happened between you and your father? I mean I guess he protected you for the sake of the Asims only, but still."

Kalim could only stay silent, it's true that keeping him in the palace stunted his growth and made him quite oblivious to how things worked.

"Kalim... have you even talked to your son?" Jamil asked.

It sparked some realization onto Kalim. "No... I haven't."

"See? There you go. You assumed something by yourself. Amir may be 4 but I'm telling you children aren't stupid, they could communicate and understand if you let them. Communicate with him, see what he wants and what he needs and hear him out. And then try to compromise, nothing has to always be black and white you know."

Kalim did not speak, he stayed there unmoving for a while. "But, what if it's because of that I lose him? I never realized how hard it is to raise a child alone until it happened to me... I'm scared..."

"Then I'm here."

They were only a few words but reassured Kalim nonetheless. Somehow, he felt as though a heavy weight had been lifted off of him.

"I noticed that you have a habit of taking everything yourself, with that bi- I mean your wife-"

"Jamil."

"Ok fine, she's still an asshole though. Anywho, with your wife, your work, your family. When was the last time you actually asked someone for help?" Jamil put everything bluntly.

"To answer your question, the last time I asked for help was in third year." Kalim pouted.

"Man you're hopeless without me are you?" Jamil gently smiled and lightly teased.

"Sadly."

"Well I don't mind it. You can need me whenever you want."

Kalim lightly giggled. "A tempting offer Viper, aren't you afraid I'll abuse that?"

"Ohoho! Getting bold now are we? Well as long as you pay me big I'll play along with your antics." Jamil joked.

"Shrewd."

"It's how I've always been Kalim."

The two giggled and chuckled. Kalim felt better after a conversation with Jamil, he couldn't deny that Jamil made Kalim's life a bit better. Protected him and held him close when he needed to. Despite their previous relationship being an illusion or a lie, Kalim appreciated it nonetheless. He does not regret, he never regret what happened in that one holiday. After all, it was the beginning of both of their growth. Kalim felt happy beside him, he hoped he could listen to that voice forever.

Kalim could feel his heavy eyes close, slowly drifting off to dreamland.

"Kalim?... Fallen asleep have you? Hehe... goodnight Kalim, sweet dreams.." Jamil had pressed the red button and the long call they had ended. And Jamil too, quickly fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 4.6K 42
"You're not supposed to have fallen for me!" "Why, can't you see that I love you?" "Because the hero never falls in love with one of the villains!"...
1.8K 69 6
"Often times I find myself just vanishing into the air..." When a girl with a vanishing act finally gets to seen by her peers after tasked to babysit...
88 0 3
"He'd just smelled a lion strutting the through the leopard's den. He was the leopard." Mykael hasn't been home for long, but things have alright si...
5.7K 126 17
I played a Twisted Wonderland scenario game, and these were the results. I decided to write a fanfiction about the whole thing. This is a Lilia x Fem...