The Woman at The End of The W...

By VRLove7

Vanessa Taylor, a sassy blue haired, tattooed cosmetologist with a mouth of a sailor was born and raised in O... More

authors note
prologue.
new message.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twentyone.
twentytwo.
twentythree.
twentyfour.
twentyfive.
twentysix.
twentyseven.
twentyeight.
twentynine.
thirty.
thirtyone.
thirtytwo.
intermission.
thirtythree.
thirtyfour.
thirtyfive.
thirtysix.
thirtyseven.
thirtyeight.
thirtynine.
forty.
fortyone.
fortytwo.
fortythree.
fortyfour.
fortyfive.
fortysix.
fortyseven.
fortyeight.
fortynine.
fifty.
fiftyone.
fiftytwo.
fiftythree.
fiftyfour.
fiftyfive.
fiftysix.
fiftyseven.
fiftyeight.
fiftynine.
sixty.
sixtyone.
sixtytwo.
sixtythree.
sixtyfour.
intermission 2.0
sixtyfive.
sixtysix.
sixtyseven.
sixtyeight.
sixtynine.
seventy.
seventytwo.
seventythree.
seventyfour.
seventyfive.
seventysix.
seventyseven.
seventyeight.
seventynine.
eighty.
eightyone.
eightytwo.
eightythree
eightyfour.
eightyfive.
eightysix.
eightyseven.
eightyeight.
eightynine.
ninety.
ninetyone.
ninetytwo.
ninetythree.
ninetyfour.
ninetyfive.
ninetysix.
ninetyseven.
ninetyeight.
ninetynine.
intermission 3.0
onehundred.
onehundredone.
onehundredtwo.
onehundredthree.
onehundredfour.
onehundredfive.
onehundredsix.
onehundredseven.
onehundredeight.
onehundrednine.

seventyone.

424 10 0
By VRLove7

I'm leaning over the terrace, observing the communities work and socialize together. I've been avoiding everyone to the best of my ability. I'm still very irrationally angry with Maggie over her reckless decision that got a lot of our friends killed in pursuit to bring Negan down. I can't fault her for wanting revenge, but sometimes you need to consider the ones around you that are still breathing. She literally brought the fight to us after antagonizing Negan himself. I'm also still upset with Daryl for going against my one simple request. I barely had time to register the news Siddiq so lovingly dropped on us. I understand the redneck is worried, but he knows damn well I can hold my own.

After cleaning my clothes from the fight with Simon, I had pulled them back on this morning. My swords rest along my back as I refuse to go anywhere without my weapons. My cardigan billows around my waist as a gust of wind sweeps through the air and my heels clack along the floorboard as I shift my feet. A few people peer up at me, curiosity dance upon their face while some of the saviors that have joined our cause, still give me a wide berth as fear twists theirs expressions. I grin with malice out of boredom as I observe one scurry away. I'm only standing here, minding my business, wanting to be left alone.

My ass kicking outfit is quickly becoming my everyday attire. Though, it doesn't help that almost all of my possessions are back at Alexandria. That's if they survived the fire. Sighing, we are going to need to eventually go back and attempt to salvage our home.

I take a long drag on my cigarette when Rosita and Daryl stalk out of the Barrington house below me. Rosita glances up in my direction, Daryl follows her lead, blocking the sun out of his eyes with his hand.

"Hey, I was looking all over for you. Wanna go kidnap the bullet marker with us?" She calls up to me, watching me expectantly.

My eyes land on Daryl as he fidgets anxiously with the crossbow in his grasp as he glances back down to his level. I scoff at his reaction. I realize he fears my anger just as much as the others within our family do. I don't blame him. I'm called The Reaper for a reason, I muse, and he's been on the other side of that rage once upon a time.

"No." I shake my head, letting the smoke billow out of my mouth. "I'm tired. It's time for me to rest, sorry Rose."

She rests her hand on her hip, blocking the sun out of her pretty face with her other  hand. "Are you sure? We could use you."

I smirk, "I'm sure. I already had my fun with him. But if you plan on kicking his ass, get another lick in for me and Abraham, will you?" I move a strand of hair that has fallen into my face, "I'm sidelining myself for the day." It's not about me or my fallen family members anymore. I straighten up, resting my hands along the railing. My fingerless gloves crinkle quietly as my fingers wrap around the top of the gate.

She nods, "we will be back as soon as possible, hopefully with the coward in tow." She offers as she turns, walking towards the gate, My blue eyes meet Daryl's intense gaze. I cock my head, daring him to say something. He frowns before he follows Rosita to the outside world.

I shake my head, returning to take another puff of the cigarette. I know I need to eventually speak to him, but I will on my own terms. I still love the redneck; we are only having a small lovers spat. I just need a moment to stew before I acknowledge him.

The ultrasound picture suddenly heavy within my harness. I set it inside one of the pockets that hold my knives. I'm still fucking reeling. How the hell did this happen?

"Hey dude; you good up there?" A voice rides on the air around me, grabbing my attention. I peer down, spotting Jerry glancing up in my direction, concern written along his round scruffy face. I nod, not offering any words. "You don't look so happy. I'm here if ya need to talk, lady warrior."

"Thank you, Jerry." I reply, not being in the sociable mood. He senses my displeasure as he continues on with whatever mission he's tasked with.

My gloved hand rubs my face, sighing. "Stop lying to that poor man. He's pretty cool and funny." I startle at the sound of my best friend's voice materializing behind me. I peer over my shoulder seeing Charlee leaning against the door frame with her arms crossed. She's still sporting the same attire of ripped jeans and black tank top with a leather jacket wrapped around her torso. Dark circles dance under her brown eyes, displaying her exhaustion and the state of her mourning her twin brother. Her long hair is hanging around her skinny frame, kissing her waist. She clicks her tongue against her teeth as she comes to join me next to the railing. "What's going on with you? You've been avoiding everyone, including your own husband."

I reach into my pocket, handing over the ultrasound photo, "it's twins." I whisper.

"Daryl one; Owen zero," she teases, "or should I say two?" I cover my mouth as a grin breaks out along my face, "all jokes aside, holy shit."

"Daryl spilled it to Rick, Rosita, and Tara after the walker chaos even though I had asked him not to tell anyone so I can finish this war. I needed time to register the news before it spread through the communities like fucking wildfire."

Her eyes travel my face, cocking her head, "that's not all of it."

I shake my head, "no." I retell the confession Maggie made last night, detailing our fight. "I'm just angry."

"Oh," she purses her lips. "Daryl is just a worried husband. You need get over it and apologize. But that anger with Maggie is rational. I can give you that. You're right; she's being irrational. You wouldn't bring down everyone around you if Daryl was killed. You'd go on suicide mission against everyone's wishes. But when he gets back, you're going to go to him and tell him you're an idiot." Her arms wrap around my shoulder, bringing me close. "Congrats, Ness. You know, Kelly would've been thrilled to hear about the twins. He was ecstatic about the pregnancy to begin with."

I frown, leaning my head against hers. "I miss him."

"I know. Me too." She breathes out.

We stand together like that for a long moment while we observe everyone work beneath us. I don't know what I'd do if I lost her. I can't handle much more loss. I'm ready for our happily ever after. Well, as much as we can get one in this world.

Wren, Charlee, Tori, Jamie, and I are sitting around the fire. I glance around seeing several camp fires burning in the night while people mile around, attempting to keep warm. I rest my head on my big sisters shoulder while we sit silently. I dropped the bomb of the twins to my family that's sitting around me. Every face was shocked, and concerned for my future in this world. But with further discussion, I've visibly relaxed with hope I would live to fight after my babies are born into this chaotic world.

Jamie sits on the other side of me, falling asleep with his head in my lap. I run my hands through his hair absentmindedly while I stare into the flame. Daryl hasn't come home, yet. I wish I would've swallowed my pride. Charlee was right. I was being an idiot; he was only worried. I can't really fault him. Regret dances along my flesh.

"Excuse me? Vanessa?" I blink several times, removing my head from my sisters shoulder, staring up the curly haired savior. I nod slowly, glaring at the unwelcome guest. "I'm Alden." He extends his hand. Jamie stirs at the new voice, looking between me and the visitor. He peels himself away. I stand up, crossing my arms. Alden winces as he pulls his hand back. "I just heard a lot of stories of The Reaper, and I wanted to finally introduce myself the woman that puts the fear in Negan himself." His southern accent is thick.

"If it were up to me, you'd all be dead." I snarl. "But I'm not a leader here. Maggie and Jesus saved your life."

He glances around, taking in the tension thickening the air in the camp. Every person from the three communities have grown silent as they watch this interaction. My eyes land on Rick and Morgan stalking through the gate. Rick rests his hand on Morgan's shoulder as he spots me standing in front of this savior with malice twisting my face. Morgan looks to him, spotting the look upon our leaders face. He follows his line of sight, finding me. A concerned frown etches itself into his dark face while Rick observes with curiosity.

"That seems to be the general consensus here." Alden confesses, bringing my attention to the man in front of me, "I ain't here to stir up trouble. I want to fight with you."

I wave my hand dismissively, scoffing, "you only want to fight because Simon threw you under the bus. Why fight when Negan saved you? You didn't lose anything under him. No you were living the best damn life while we all had to fight to live to see another day, just to rinse and repeat." I gesture to the crowd beginning to mile around, "we all lost something under Bundy. The Alexandrians lost a doctor, a child, a loving husband, an army loving vet, and the best fucking friend anyone would be lucky to have." I point to Charlee, "that last one was her twin brother. I was assaulted by my own nightmare from my previous life that Negan had under his thumb, almost dying myself. That same nightmare killed my ex-husband under his, your former, leader's guidance. That's not including all the casualties for war.  The garbage people have been wiped from the Earth because they decided to stand with us. Only their leader remains. I can't speak for Hilltop and The Kingdom. But I can speak for Alexandria. I understand why we want to fight, but why you?" I challenge, hearing my voice filled with rage and contempt riding along the still thick air.

"Because it's the right side. I was blind and on the wrong side." His eyes widen as the anger swirls around me.

Daryl and Rosita walk through the gates. Daryl stops, observing the scene he had just stumbled into. I lock eyes with him behind Alden, nodding. At the sight of anger leaving my face, he relaxes, shoulders falling as the tension leaves his body. He advances in our direction until he reaches our small group. He lowers himself down, sitting next to Jamie, allowing the younger boy to rest against him. Daryl looks at the savior before wrapping his arm around Jamie. I return my attention to Alden, feeling my face twist, narrowing my eyes.

"All I have to say is, prove yourself, or I will kill you if I even get a stench of a betrayal. No one will stand in my way as you choke on your blood." I promise, allowing the malice to fall into my tone. "I live up the rumors." I raise my chin, staring down the man who once stood with our enemy.

"Yes, ma'am." He grins nervously, "I hope someday I can call you a friend."

"No, fuck it. Kill him. They killed Kelly." Charlee shakes her head, growing irritated. She cranes her neck, glaring at the savior. He swallows hard at her sudden attention.

"I agree with Char. Jordan isn't here because of those assholes." Wren growls, narrowing her eyes at Alden.

Jesus materializes behind him, "you will. Charlee, he's not the bad guy. Not Anymore." Jesus returns his gaze to Alden, "Vanessa calls me family and we almost killed each other. She's scary on the outside, but she's a damn kitten most of the time." Alden nods, eyes flicking between the two of us. "Lilith, I got your note." Jesus smirks, mischief dances behind his blue eyes as he mocks the name I used upon our first meeting. "Nice to know you're thinking about me when you're killing people."

I smile, "always." I turn my back on the two, seeking out my archer. I sit next to him, bringing my lips to his ears, "I'm sorry, Dare. The hormones are a bitch." I tease as he chuckles at my words, eyes searching for mine. "I just wanted time to stew on the news before bringing everyone in and I didn't feel like you heard or understood my stance. I also need to be there when Bundy finally falls. I don't want to be sidelined." I quietly admit.

"I'm sorry, too, Blue." He grunts, intertwining his fingers with mine. "I ain't gonna make ya sit out the fight. Just askin' ya to take it a little easier." I nod against his body, closing my eyes, content for the night.

Charlee at my side, we stalk through the grounds of Hilltop, heading to take over lookout for a few hours. I ignore Gregory's return as he exchanges a few words with Rick. He had escaped with the rest of the saviors, ran off to fuck knows where. It's not my business nor do I care. I'd like to hand him his ass, so I just avoid him. I'm still unsure why Maggie keeps him around. He's more of a problem than a solution. He's worse than Dwight with how often he jumps sides.

"Vanessa! Charlee!" Rick's shout reaches our ears. We stand, awaiting him as we watch his approach. He holds up a folded map with words scribbled across it. "Tomorrow we end this. Gregory brought this from the Sanctuary."

I cock my head, "how can we trust it?" I inquire, doubt slithering across my flesh.

He sighs, "we can't." I share a nervous look with my best friend. "I know of the twins, but would you want to fight one last time? Are you feeling up for it"

I nod, "you know I was there for the start of this bullshit. I'd like to see it come to an end. I'll be there."

Charlee grins at Rick, "we will be there."

"Good," he smirks. "It ends tomorrow."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 215 10
Some would say the world ended the moment the dead began to roam the earth and eat the living. Others, would say it had only just begun, because for...
223K 4.7K 72
" Children shouldn't play with guns." " Who said I was playing ?" Maya Rosewood was twelve years old when the turn happen. Dead rose to eat the livi...
236K 10K 79
When the world went to hell it didn't make much difference to y/n's life. She was alone before everything and she was alone now. When everything sta...
422K 8.1K 75
" This isn't the beginning. It's the end to all things." When the dead risen to eat the living, Kayla Grimes found herself in the middle of survivin...