Marital Love

By geminified_

"π’ͺπ“Šπ“‡ π’Ώβ„΄π“Šπ“‡π“ƒβ„―π“Ž π’Ύπ“ˆπ“ƒ'𝓉 𝓅𝓇𝒻ℯ𝒸𝓉 π’·π“Šπ“‰ 𝒾𝓉'π“ˆ β„΄π“Šπ“‡π“ˆ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 ℐ'𝓁𝓁 π“ˆπ“‰π’Ύπ’Έπ“€ π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π’½ π“Žβ„΄π“Š 𝓉�... More

Author's Note
Characters
🎢Playlist🎢
Chapter 1 : The First Meet
Chapter 2 : "Let's Meet"
Chapter 3 : Jaans
Chapter 4 : First Date
Chapter 5 : It's Fixed
Chapter 6 : Engagement (Part1)
Chapter 7 : Engagement (Part 2)
Chapter 8 : Day Out
Chapter 9 : I Promise!!
Chapter 10 : Mehendi
Chapter 11 : Sangeet
Chapter 12 : Wedding bells
Chapter 13 : A New Phase
Chapter 14 : Being supportive
Chapter 15 : Sorry!!
Chapter 16: Bits of the past
Chapter 17 : Rising feelings
Chapter 18 : Emergency
Chapter 19 : Jouissance
Chapter 20 : You are my priority!
Chapter 21 : All because of her!!
Chapter 22 : Drunk?
Chapter 23 : Stupid Heart!!
Chapter 24 : His smile is to die for!!
Promo⚑
Chapter 25 : Humdard 🎢
Chapter 26 : I know you better than you!
Chapter 27 : It's fun to tease her!!
Chapter 28 : Her safe place!
Chapter 29 : I just need to hug him!
Chapter 30 : Rain, me and you!
Chapter 31 : My and Pree's baby!
Chapter 32 : Sick Agnhiotri
Chapter 33 : Her Saviour!
Chapter 35 : She's my painkiller!!
Chapter 36 : Lies Mr. Agnhiotri!
Chapter 37 : I'm home!!
Chapter 38 : Just be fine!
Epilogue
Announcement
Bonus Chapter 1
New Story Alert

Chapter 34 : I don't need to worry!

6.4K 416 90
By geminified_

"𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒆."

~~~

Preeti's POV ~

These three days went away like three minutes. I tried my best not to weep even once in front of him. He was in the shower and I was making breakfast for him.
Though he didn't want me to do all this early morning, I knew he was going to miss home cooked food. So before he leaves I want him to have breakfast at home.
I was accompanying him to the airport as I was the one dropping him.

"I'm going to miss your and Maa's food." He said as he wrapped his arms around me from behind. I turned off the flame, covered the utensil with a lid and turned around.

"And I'll miss everything about you! Now promise me you won't skip meals as I'm not there to see."
He nodded and pecked my forehead.

"Promise me that you'll contact me everyday. If call won't be possible then at least you'll message."
He again nodded and pecked my forehead.

"Promise me that you won't overwork yourself."
He nodded and pecked my forehead yet again.

"Promise me..... " before I could complete he captured my lips into a short kiss.

"I'll be a good boy mommy. Don't worry. But you'll have to also promise me that you'll take care of yourself. And if you feel uncomfortable or stressed or any other problem I'm just a call away. Don't bother whether I'm working, or sleeping or eating or doing anything. Just call me once twice thrice! And still if your dumb husband doesn't respond your brother is there with me too. And you know how much stuck he's with his phone. If I didn't pick up he surely will." he said and I nodded and pecked his cheek.

"Come have your breakfast now!" I turned around again to serve his plate.
But he didn't eat alone. Though I wasn't in a mood to eat he fed me few spoons of the Poha I made.

When we were done I took the car keys and he proceeded towards the door with his suitcase. We were walking when he stopped mid way and I bumped into him from behind.
He turned around and I looked at him with a pout.

"You'll pakka be fine na? If you have any kind of problem just let me know. Okay?" he said and I shook my head.

"You're saying this as if I'll tell you and you'll come back leaving all your work!" I said with a teasing smile.
He tapped my head and cupped my face.

"Budhhu! Agar bulaogi to sachh mein aa jaunga."
[Fool! If you'll call me I'll really come.]

"Tumne keh diya na. Wahi kaafi hai."
[You said it. That's enough for me.]

He embraced me and I hugged him back too.

"Akhil it's just a matter of three weeks baba. Stop being so senti!"

Look whose speaking?
My conscience mocked.

"Says the one whose trying to control her tears before I leave." he spoke breaking the hug and I looked at him astonished.

"What do you think Jaan? If you'll not show I won't notice. I can see it through these." he said pointing at my eyes and a lone tear left my eyes.

"Don't be so sweet while leaving now. Be a little Khadoos na!" I hit his chest and he left out a chuckle.
"You call me your baby but right now you're behaving like one!" he said flicking my nose.

"Let's leave now or else you'll be late." I said wiping my tear and opening the door.
Though somewhere in the back of my head I wouldn't mind if he miss his flight but my sane mind doesn't want him to.

We went down and placed his luggage in the car's boot. I sat on the driver's side and Akhil settled on the passengers seat.

"You sure you want to drive. I can drive us to the airport Pree!"

"No!! I'm dropping you and no more discussion on this. I'm dropping you and also will come to pick you up. Get that!" he looked at me warmly and then rested his head on the headrest.

"Hmm... I've got the sweetest wife I'll say!" he mumbled and I smiled igniting the engine.

---

We reached the airport in about thirty minutes as luckily there wasn't much traffic. I parked the car near the entry gate and I saw Viv and another woman besides him. Akhil got down to get his luggage and so did I.
As he closed the door of the car boot he came towards the drivers side and stood in front of me.

"I know I've said it many times but I'll still say it once again. Take care of yourself and call me if you need me. You mean everything to me Jaan. You're my priority and even though I'll be kilometers away I won't let you be alone. Okay?"

I nodded and he quickly pecked my left cheek. My eyes went wide and heat crept my cheeks.
"Akhil we're in the public!!" I hit his arm lightly which he wouldn't have even felt.

"So? I just pecked your cheek Mrs. Agnhiotri! I could have done something else!" he winked and gave me a teasing smile.

I shook my head and turned sideways to see Viv looking at us teasingly. Just then I realized that these two were watching us.

Ohh God!!

Then I looked towards the other person, the woman standing besides Viv. She looked shocked, surprised and a bit disappointed.
The way she looked at Akhil didn't go well with me.

I scoffed and tugged my hand to his and we walked together towards the entrance. Her expressions kept changing and at last her eyes landed on our hands.

Honestly I was pissed by her reactions. I looked at Viv from the corner of my eyes and he gave me a nervous smile.

What the hell's going here?

"Umm... G-good m-morning sir!" she stuttered. She looked at me and gave me a nervous smile.

"Good morning Ms. Shahi." Akhil responded with a nod and a smile. Then her eyes moved towards me.
"Umm... This is my wife Preeti." Akhil introduced me

"H-Hello ma'am." She greeted and I nodded with a smile. I looked at Viv and he stepped ahead and hugged me.
"Take care and all the best!" I wished him.
"Thank you Di. And take care of of whom? Myself or..... " he gave a teasing look and glanced at Akhil.

"Both." I responded.

"Umm... I'll just attend a call excuse me." Ms. Shahi said and excused herself.
Just then Viv received a call too but his facial expressions turned nervous on looking at his phone. He glanced at it for a while.

"Pick it up!" Akhil said and he nodded hesitantly.
"I-I'll be back in a minute." he said and stood at a distance to talk on the call.

I and Akhil gave each other a confused look and shrugged our shoulders. As Viv was standing at a distance I decided to have a talk with Akhil.

"Akhil please take care of.... " my sentence didn't complete as Akhil cut me in.
".....Vivaan?" I looked at him amused.
He can definitely read my mind!

"Don't look at me like that. I know how much concerned you're about your loved ones Mrs. Agnhiotri!"

I looked at him in awe and he gave me one of his ever charming smiles which never fails to melt my heart.

"Though I told him to look after you, I know he's more careless than you. It's the first time he's going out of the city for work purposes.
Please don't let him eat too much of street food.
The atmosphere here and Delhi is different and he often falls ill if the climatic conditions change suddenly. He won't say it but just inform in case you see any changes in his health." He nodded in assurance.

"Don't let him have cold water please. He catches cold soon. " He kept silently listening and nodding obediently at each word I spoke but I didn't stop talking.
"And..."

"Pree don't take so much of stress baba. I've told you not get stressed and see. I'm still here yet you're so stressed already. Don't worry Jaan! Vivaan is not only my brother in law but my teammate too. My team is my responsibility and I always make sure they're taken good care of." He stroked my cheek and I felt a sense of relief.

He was right. I'm stressing unnecessarily. But Viv is my baby brother. Though he's grown up I'm obviously concerned about him. But I also know Akhil is with him.

I don't need to worry!

Meanwhile both Viv and Ms. Shahi returned and Viv looked quite happy after the call. A different kind of happy.

Hmm...who ringed my brother's heart's bell?

"Someone looks quite contented after the call. Anyone special on the other side!" I whispered and his ears turned red.
"My God!! Is my brother being shy?" I teased.
"Di yaar!!!" he whined in whispers and I couldn't stop but pull one of his cheek.

"Ahem ahem.... Kya khusur pusur ho rahi hai bhai behen ki?" Akhil interrupted turning our attention to him.
[What whispers are going between the brother and sister?]
He was looking at us with a raised eyebrow. I giggled and glanced at Viv. His eyes clearly said 'Don't even think about telling him!'
Akhil would definitely dig deeper if he comes to know. I blinked my eyes assuring him that I'll stay shut.

"Siblings talk. Khadoos senior doesn't needs to intrude." I said giving him a tight lipped smile and waving my hand. Akhil was about to speak but was interrupted.

"Uhh... Guys I'm sorry if I'm interrupting but I think it's time that we head inside." Ms. Shahi spoke and my face immediately fell.

It's time already!

I hugged Akhil and Viv once again and bid my byes to them. I came back to the car and seated myself.
As soon as I closed the door tears rolled down my eyes which were waiting to escape my eyes since three days. Only I knew how much I controlled them these days.

I took my phone and messaged Akhil.
*Have a safe flight baby! Don't trouble anyone! And.....
I love you ❤!!*

Just in a minute I received his reply.
*I love you too Jaan! And don't wet my Jaan's precious eyes. I love them alot too!!*

He knows I was weeping. He everytime knows what I'm going through or what's going in my head. I smiled and ignited the engine as I shook my head.

-

I reached home and immediately headed to office for work. Since Akhil wasn't here I decided to take his Black Beauty for the next few days. I was actually loving to drive a car.

I reached the office and the first I did was to get myself a cup of coffee. I woke up early than usual and felt like I'll doze off any moment.

Sleepy head!!
My conscience mocked.

Shut up!

I couldn't at all sleep the entire night and I don't think I'll have a good sleep for the next few days. Better ways I'll work overnight. Atleast I'll get some work done rather than tossing on my bed.

It had been two hours since I was in the office and four hours since Akhil's flight took off.
While working I received a notification from Akhil that their flight landed safely and they are heading to their hotel. Luckily Akhil isn't a person who experiences jet lag but Viv surely is. So I decided to let them rest rather than calling them now.

I texted him back to call me once he reached their hotel and has rested well.
Keeping my phone aside I busied myself with my work.

-

"Beta come home today. Akhil is also not there and it's been days since you spent time with us." said the woman who cares for me alot.

Nope if you think it's my mother then no! It's my mother-in-law on the other end of the call.

"Mummy I'll surely be there tonight. Let's cook together. I'll make Ri's favorite kheer!" I replied cheerfully. Time with my in-laws has always been the best.

Be it gossiping with mummy, helping papa in making tea or spending time with Ri and hearing her college day stories. I always feel blessed to have received such loving in-laws.

"Yeah sure! Now I'll hang up. You must be having work na."

"No worries Mummy. By the way did Akhil inform you about his landing?"

"Yes he texted me and Ri a while ago."

"OK fine then. See you in the evening Mummy. Bye!! "

"Bye bachha!"

We both hung up and as soon as I cut the call I received a call from my boss. She needed to discuss some important work with my team so I headed to her cabin along with the other memebers.

-

In the evening I returned home around 7:30 tackling the annoying traffic.
Uff! The traffic sucks!!

I changed into some comfy clothes and taking my phone and house keys I headed to the lower floor.
I rang the doorbell and was welcomed in by my ever smiling SIL. She embraced me in a warm hug.

"Aree Ri wo thaki hogi na bacha. Let her come in first."
[Ri she must be tired child.]

"Oops! Sorry. Come in Bhabhs."

I entered the house and my nostrils immediately catched the smell of some amazing masala Chai.
"Is papa making chai for us?" I asked and Mummy nodded.

After a long day at work a warm cup of masala Chai is enough to lighten the stress. Specially when its made by my FIL.

"Garma garam Chai tayar!! " Papa exclaimed coming out with a tray of cups and I immediately came forward to take it from his hands.
[Hot tea is ready!!]

"Preeti you should rest beta don't do the formalities. It's not a big deal if I serve Chai to you all. " he said taking back his hands making me warmly smile at him. I took a seat besides Mummy and we all sipped the tea together.

"Papa I must say, you and Akhil are really good in making these beverages." I complimented him.

When we all were done sipping the tea I took the cups inside and placed them in the sink. I felt some headache and rubbed my temples coming out of the kitchen.

"What happened Preeti? Having a headache?" Mummy asked noticing me rubbing my temples.

"Not a severe one Mummy. It's just that the traffic was so tiring. That's why my head hurts a little."

"Ri go get some warm oil. Preeti come sit. I'll give you a nice head massage and all the pain would be gone. You'll also sleep well after the massage. "

"Are nahi nahi Mummy. Iski koi jarurat nahi hai!"
[Are no no Mummy. There's need of it!]

"Bahut jaruri hai Bhabs. Maa mein tel lekar aayi. And Bhabhs no arguments. Maa gives one of the best head massages." Riya said getting up from the couch.
[It's absolutely needed SIL. Maa I'll get the oil.]

Not trying to argue anymore I settled down on the ground in front of Mummy my backing facing her. Riya got the warm oil and pouring some onto her palms Mummy started with the massage. Slowly I felt my nerves relaxing and my headache calming down. It felt as if Maa was giving me a massage. But Mummy wasn't less than my Maa. I was fortunate enough to have found a second mother in my MIL. With her around I feel comfortable, loved and most importantly she's one of the biggest support system I have.

"Wow mummy it feels so nice!" I said closing my eyes feeling the relaxation.

"Par bhai jitna nahi na bhabhs!" Riya teased winking at me.
[But not like brother's na SIL!]
"Akhil hasn't given me a head massage yet. I mean I haven't asked for him to do that yet." I shrugged .

"Preeti you should definitely get one from him. These Agnhiotri men are the best when it comes to pampering their family. Be it your FIL, Veer and his father or even Akhil! I'm sure Shaan will also turn out to be like them!" Mummy said and I couldn't agree more.

Agnhiotri men are definitely a different build. Never get offended by their wives, love kids, best at pampering and exactly know what the other one needs.
Akhil has always been considerate about me since the start. And when it comes to pampering he's simply the best.
It has been in his genes!!

Riya received a call so she excused herself. I had noticed the sudden panic on her face when she realized she kept the phone near me.

"How are you feeling now beta?" Papa asked settling besides Mummy.

"Very relaxed Papa. I'm definitely going to have a good sleep tonight!"

"Then why don't you frequently come down. I can give you a massage seldomly. "

"Mummy you already do reduce my work sometimes. I don't want to add on to the work you already have. Moreover sometimes you are the one cooking for me and Akhil. I don't like to disturb you more you know na!"

"Taking care of their children and reducing their work load is never a disturbance for parents Preeti. I don't know anything. Every Sunday you'll come to me for a head massage. Okay?"

"Okay Maate!!" I said giggling and Mummy gently patted my head. After the massage both mummy and Papa moved to their room. Me and Mummy were going to cook together so I asked her to take a short break and then we'll start with preparing dinner. I went into the kitchen to get myself some water.
Meanwhile Riya walked into the kitchen with a wide smile on her face.
"Looks the call went well!" I said.
"Ofcourse Bhabs!!" her smile widened but instantly she composed and looked at me nervously.

"Umm... I-I mean yeah it was good. One of my friends called and we were talking after many days so... " she trailed off but her reason wasn't convincing enough.

"Ri can I ask you something?"

"Sure Bhabs!"

"Do you.... Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Why do you ask that?"

"No I mean I was just.... " I somewhat felt there were some changes in her behavior. Not in a bad way though.

"Well not yet Bhabs and any day if I'll have one you'll be the first person to know!" she interlocked her hands around my neck from behind.

"Uh-huh!! I'll be looking forward to that day."

As we were talking my phone went off and Akhil's name flashed on the screen.
"Um hmm.... Jaiye bhabhs, aapke patidev yaad kar rahe honge!" Riya teased giggling.
[Go SIL, your husband might be missing you!]

"Chup!"
I hit her arm lightly and she released me from the hug. I moved to the balcony to have a sweet talk with my sweet husband.

**********

First of all, I heartly apologize for updating late. I was occupied with university work and wasn't able to catch up with Wattpad.

But finally here's today's update.
Tell me your views on it.

Don't forget to vote for the chapter. And do share my story with your friends if you like it.

I've uploaded the characters and cast for my second book 'It All Started With A Bump' so please do check that out as well.

Do follow me on instagram link for which has been provided on my profile. I'll be uploading announcements, sometimes sneak peeks and also timers for the chapters.

See you soon!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 7.6K 35
Story of a beautiful , intelligent 18 years old girl who was forced to marry a guy, engaged to her sister. " Dear Mom I don't think I would be able...
994K 20.9K 20
β€’|Featured by WattpadChickLitIN|β€’ SAMPLE ONLY (PUBLISHED ON AMAZON) What if the bride-to-be comes home married to another guy on the day of her weddi...
204K 11.4K 82
He is a Soldier She is a doctor. He is rude. She is sweet. He finds solace in peace. She loves talking. He is te...
819K 35.8K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...