Genshin Impact: The Omniprese...

By DerErzHerzog

"In the land of Inazuma, her rule shall be eternal. Striving for Eternity, the Raiden Shogun fails to see tha... More

Foreword
Prologue
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: A strange meeting
Chapter 4: Uncommon Shrine Visit
Chapter 5: The Tengu

Chapter 3: Visitors

284 13 1
By DerErzHerzog

After Shura had spent the night at the head priestess's abode, and successfully countered her teasings due to his sleeping habit of moving a lot in his sleep, he went back down to the Kamisato estate. Still angry at the siblings, he barely stayed there for a long time, much to the demise of Ayaka who is in general greatly concerned for his well-being. In the last four weeks, there was only one major discussion between Shura and Ayato, and this was when Ayato was talking with the Kamisato clan's guards about the nearby ronin camp. Much to their surprise, Shura was against sending out neither their own soldiers nor reporting it to the tenryou Commission, though they found it a little suspicious, Shura's reason was that as long as they don't harm the people, there is no need to put anyone in unnecessary danger. As for Shura's true reasoning, this is something for later.

As for now, Shura was again at the top of Mt. Yougou after helping Miko. On his way down, his sharp eyes caught someone walking over the sandy shore that leads to Ritou. Quickly, he grabbed his Nightjar Glasses out of his white kimono, a piece of equipment once used by the Shinobi of Ashina, and used it to identify the person. Though Shura couldn't grasp every detail, he could see that it was a woman with long platinum-blond hair, wearing a white and light red dress and a long dark red cape, roughly shaped like a moth. Followed by two Cicin Mages of the Fatui, he concluded that she must be part of them, and based on her behavior she must be someone of high rank. 

And so, Shura decided to quickly make his way down to Ritou to investigate. Rushing through Chinju Forest and reaching the beach, he stopped rushing and returned to a normal pace so nobody suspects him of anything. Due to him being known as a resident of Inazuma, the guards who are supposed to keep the stranded merchants and other guests on the half island, he could freely enter and leave Ritou. 

"You again! Are you here to rip off our hard-earned Mora again!?", the guard yelled at Shura.

Without any reply, Shura just walks past him as he has no time for some bickering with the corrupt officials of the Kanjou Commission. As he entered the town, he made his way directly to the Kanjou headquarters. After looking out for possible citizens he sneaked around the guards until he arrived behind the Kanjou estate. In the shadow of the Statue of the Seven, Shura carefully began to listen until he heard the voice of Hiiragi Shinsuke, the head of the Hiiragi clan. 

"Just make sure that this Traveler doesn't escape Ritou", a female voice, probably from the woman he saw earlier.

"Y-yes, lady Harbinger, I'll take care of this matter. I promise", the quivering voice of the Kanjou Commissioner replied. 

"Good, I will take my leave now. Don't mess things up!"

Shura then heard them leaving, but stayed in case he finds out more after waiting for a few more moments, he also left and sneaked his way back to the streets. 

"Lady Harbinger...", Shura silently said to himself, "so the elite of the Cryo Archon is involved... and she wants to keep this Traveler in Ritou? Does she fear him that much? Anyway, now that I'm in Ritou, I should check if the prices have changed."

Walking over the marketplaces, the young man checked several stores, from convenience stores to stores that sell more specialized goods. In the end, he had concluded that the prices have been increased again. 

Letting out a sigh, Shura wanted to leave Ritou, when a familiar voice greeted him.

"Mhm, oh! Hey Shura!"

The white-haired man turned around and was greeted by the bright smile of Thoma.

"Hello, Thoma", he greeted back.

"What brings you here on this beautiful day?", Thoma asked still smiling brightly.

"I wanted to check the prices here at Ritou... sadly they are now even higher."

"Yeah, they have increased the prices again. The second time this month!"

"It truly gets worse every day... they could at least grant the merchants from the other nations the possibility to leave, but well, that would result in a loss of money for the Kanjou Commission."

"Right, they literally steal the money from the good guys, I know what I'm talkin' about! You know, over the last month I've been here, all these stranded people are correct people."

"Oh, yeah, Ayaka told me about your 'mission' here in Ritou."

"Yeah, and you know what? The Traveler should be arriving today!", Thoma exclaimed happily.

"Today?", Shura replied surprised.

"Yeah, they come with the help of the great Captain Beidou and the Crux Fleet! I was just on my way to the docks, would you like to come with me?"

"Sure."

As Thoma was leading him to the docks, Shura was deep in thought.

'So, today arrives this Traveler, and this Fatui woman wants him to stay in Ritou and even goes to the Commissioner to ensure that. If this Traveler can be such a threat, perhaps I should take a look at him.' 

After a while, they finally arrived at the docks but the ship with the Traveler on board hasn't arrived, so both of them decided to take a seat on the nearby standing wooden boxes. Since the ship is not in sight yet, Thoma decided to engage in a conversation that he rarely has with Shura.

"I heard you ripped off some Mora from the Kanjou officials, is that true?"

"Yes, Ayato asked me to help his sister so the Commission can hold its festival for the people."

"I see, so they can get at least something back..."

After that, a long silence was between them as even the normally talkative Thoma was at a loss for words when it comes to conversing with Shura as there was always this tension between them as well as the rest of the Kamisato's, but of course, he knows about some people who are able to converse with him like a normal person but he couldn't quite figure out what they do to achieve that.

"Ehm, by the way, last time you talked about the Traveler like you don't care about him, so I was kinda surprised when I saw you here in Ritou", Thoma suddenly asked.

"I'm here because of Miko. For some reason, she also believes that the Traveler can save this nation", Shura lied as naturally as he breathed. 

"Oh, the Guuji is also interested in him? Mhm, if she says so then I'm sure that he will help us!"

"If you think so... I just hope these won't do anything that might further harm this nation."

"Hey! Look!", the blond man exclaimed and pointed at a ship that has passed the thunderstorm surrounding Inazuma.

Soon the ship docked and a woman wearing crimson clothes and an eye patch came down from her ship, this is Captain Beidou. After her, a boy dressed in some exotic clothes and a blond braid accompanied by a small floating fairy-like creature with white hair and a cape that shows the night sky, leaving a well-fitting trail of star glitter behind her, also left the ship. 

"Ahoy, there!", Thoma exclaimed and jumped from the box he was just sitting on.

Shura on the other hand stood up slowly and walked next to him.

"So, you finally made it. You sure kept me waiting, Captain."

"And it appears we have a couple of stowaways... or perhaps I should say — honored guests."

"Hey! Shush!", the floating fairy called.

"You can blame your Almighty Shogun. The tempests around Inazuma have been growing all the more fierce lately", the Captain replied, "though the fleet was fully up to the challenge, the inclement weather still caused some delay."

"Now then, let me introduce everyone. This is Thoma, a trade partner that I've gotten to know recently", Beidou said to the two newcomers.

"Heh, you don't know how long I've been waiting to see you."

"Thoma, these two are—", she started but was then cut off by Thoma.

"No need for introductions, their reputation precedes them. Seems even the stormy seas can't keep rumors of these outlanders' sterling deeds at bay."

"Nice to meet you, Thoma."

While they were conversing, Shura turned his face towards the readers.

"Copypaste goes brrrr."

"I'm Aether, and that's my emergency food, Paimon", Aether introduced himself and his traveling companion.

"I'M NOT EMERGENCY FOOD!!!", Paimon exclaimed, "anyway, but who's this mysterious silent person in white?"

"Oh, excuse me, my name is Shura. Nice to meet you Traveler Paimon and emergency food Aether", Shura replied with a slight bow, messing their roles up on purpose.

"Hehe! See! He's got it that I'm not emergency food!". she exclaimed happily.

"Mhm, Shura... ah, now I know why that name sounds familiar, Kazuha told me a few things about you!", Beidou suddenly said.

"Kazuha? Oh, I'm sure he must have told you how much of an ignorant fool and pitiless person I am, right?", Shura said with a sigh.

"That sums it up pretty much, yeah."

"Wait, you are the one Kazuha talked so badly about!?", Paimon suddenly exclaimed.

"Yup, that's me Kamisato Shura, at your service", Shura bowed again, yet this time in a more sarcastic manner that caused Aether to take a step back.

"Listen, I won't justify myself, but you should never take action against someone without knowing their full story. Or else, you might mess things greatly up and if you do that, then we both will have a problem, do you understand?", Shura replied, almost threatening them.

"Whoa, calm down Shura, don't need to threaten them. Traveler, don't worry, he just likes to joke around-"

"I do not."

"-  Whatever you are told about him, even though people tend to have some difficulties with him, you can actually manage to get along with him!"

"Well, he can't be that bad of a person if he called Paimon an actual person!", Paimon exclaimed looking with a bit of annoyance at the blond boy.

"Thank you, my little floating friend", Shura said with a genuine smile, "but it seems like I've to go now. I still have many things to do. Goodbye for now, oh before I leave, a word of advice: Don't let yourself get guilt-trapped in a war that has nothing to do with you."

Thus Shura left them confused, although Thoma was kinda unsettled and scratched the back of his head before he began to talk again, yet Shura was already out of reach to hear Thoma. Walking through Ritou to the exit on the other side of the town, he walked over the sand in the direction of Konda village but soon turned left and proceeded to walk along the shore until he saw a small campfire. Around it, two men in traditional Inazuman clothes and wearing straw hats. As Shura approached them, the two Ronin stood up from their seatings before bowing to the man in white.

"Greetings Lord Shura", both said in unison.

That's right, these two and many more of the lordless samurai aren't that lordless as most of them actually belong to Shura, yet nobody knows about that, not even the Shuumatsuban of the Yashiro Commission nor the Shogunate.  

"Greetings. Let's go, we shouldn't let them wait."

"Yes, my lord!"

The two samurai lead Shura to a hidden boat that will bring them to their destination. Soon they reached a small island away from the mainland, known as Jinren Island. Still, on his boat, Shura could already see several more Nobushi and Kairagis, a normally common threat to the people of Inazuma, so would most think, but these few and several others that are sprayed across the nation belong to Shura, to Ashina. 

As the boat landed on the shore, Shura was greeted by another Samurai, one with a more opulent armor that gives off an air of importance and might, wielding a long nodachi, yet even he bows his head to the Ashina heir. This man is General Tenzen Yamauchi, one of Shura's generals in his little private army.

(General Tenzen Yamauchi is one of Sekiro's so-called mini-bosses that the player has to fight during their playthrough)

"Greetings, my lord", the samurai greeted.

"Greetings, General Yamauchi. Is everything set up?"

"Yes, my lord, the relief supplies for the citizens of Watatsumi Island have been prepared and are ready to be delivered at your command."

"That's good to hear. How about the plunderers?"

"They have successfully collected most of the still usable weapons from both armies after their last skirmish at Kannazuka."

"Perfect, without their weapons, they aren't able to continue their useless war."

"My lord... I always wanted to ask this, but why are we helping Watatsumi Island in this war?"

"We are not helping them in this war, we help the citizens, not the soldiers. It's... about an old promise."

"I understand my lord."

"I'll be going now, the priestess probably awaits us. Goodbye, Tenzen. Glory to Ashina."

"Glory to Ashina!"

And thus, Shura and a small group of his samurai began their journey to Watatsumi Island. This island may be part of the Inazuma island group, but it is not ruled by the Raiden Shougun. Unlike the rest of the populated islands, the people of Watatsumi Island do not worship the Raiden Shogun, instead, they worship the serpentine god Orobashi no Mikoto, who unfortunately died in a fight with the Raiden Shougun after he attacked Narukami Island thousand of years ago. The reason for this attack is unknown, neither the people nor the Shogun knows this, a secret sealed away in his divine remnants on Yashiori Island. 

Soon Shura and his small group reached the island, concealing his identity, Shura was the first to set foot on the island. Just like the last few times, several troops of the Watatsumi Resistance surrounded them, pointing their spears at the visitors.

"Stop! Let them be!", a girl's voice then commanded.

Approaching the hooded Shura, the girl wearing a white and blue stylized uniform of a shrine maiden, having blue eyes like the ocean and salmon-colored hair, greeted the visitors with a bow of honor with Shura returning the gesture. The girl's name is Sangonomiya Kokomi, the spiritual leader and head priestess of Watatsaumi Island, though at the current time she also displays the role of leader of the Resistance army.

"Welcome back kind-hearted stranger from Narukami. I hope you aren't here to cause us harm?"

"No, just like the last few times, I came to uphold a promise I made to someone special."

"That's good to hear, then please follow me."

As Kokomi led Shura and his soldiers, carrying several boxes filled with relief supplies, the soldiers guarded their boats, or how they would rather see the situation, making sure that their guests won't leave if they cause trouble. As soon as they reached the first few houses, several civilians already stormed to their divine priestess and her unknown friends. Leaving his men to give out the supplies, Shura made his way to Kokomi.

"Divine priestess, may I ask for a small favor?", the disguised Shura asked.

"Tell me, and I may can you grant it", Kokomi replied, although a bit tired of this formal speech.

"I would like to visit the shrine of Orobashi no Mikoto."

Taken back by his request Kokomi was shocked, normally no outsider would ask for entrance to the shrine of their late deity, but perhaps feeling no malice coming from the hooded figure before her, the young girl granted his favor.

"Yes, please follow me."

After a short walk, the two finally made it to the shrine building. Although the other shrine maidens distrusted the hooded figure of Shura, they have to listen to the commands of their high priestess and so, Shura was granted entrance into the inner sanctum. In the middle of the room, an altar with a statue of a serpent was present. Standing before the altar, Shura began to pray.

"By the way, who is this 'special one' that you promised to help us?", Kokomi asked dropping her formal speech.

"I'm praying to him."

"O-our god? What do you mean?"

"Long time, long before his final day, he asked me to watch out for his beloved people, when he is no more."

"But he was slain thousands of years ago", Kokomi said, walking up to the hooded figure.

"Yet, I made this promise to him, maybe you'll believe me if I show you my offering."

As Shura said this, he pulled a white piece of cloth out from under his cloak, unwrapping it, a rather large piece of skin lay on the altar before them. A piece of pure white snakeskin, a piece of snakeskin that one can find after a serpent sheds its skin. 

"Is this!?", Kokomi was shocked, what the stranger just showed her was a remnant of their god, uncorrupted, not a speck of a god's hatred or malice.

"Yes. And I will give it to you."

"B-but how..."

"That's not important. I'll take my leave now."

Without saying a word, thinking about the stranger's words and actions, she followed him out of the shrine and guided him back to his soldiers. Bidding their goodbyes at the shore, Shura and his samurai then returned to Narukami island. On their way, they passed by Yashiori Island, the grave of the Watatsumi Omikami. Gazing at the enormous serpentine skull, Shura bowed his head out of respect.

"As I have promised, old friend", he whispered before his gaze went to the distant Island of Narukami. After finally arriving in the waters near Ritou, Shura orders his subordinates to keep their distance from the harbor. Upon finally reaching Jinren Island at dusk, Shura bid his farewell to his loyal general and left the island alone by boat, and returned to the Kamisato estate where he was eagerly awaited by the Shirasagi Himegimi.

"Welcome back, Shura! The Traveler has arrived!", Ayaka exclaimed more than happy.

"I know. I was there when he arrived, didn't your babysitter tell you about that?", Shura replied.

"Oh, yes, Thoma said that you were there... my apologies."

"But if the Traveler was here, then tell me, did he accept your request to help you?"

"N-no... he didn't... he denied my request-", the girl began before she was interrupted.

"Ha! See! I told you! Come on, say to me that I was right!", Shura exclaimed genuinely happy.

"Shura, you were right about the Traveler... but I could at least persuade him to help three people who lost their visions recently, in the hope that he will see and understand the suffering of the people."

Immediately, Shura's mood dropped.

"So you guilt-trapped him?"

"G-guild-trapped!?", Ayaka was baffled at Shura's words.

Letting out a sigh, Shura went into the estate leaving Ayaka alone in the courtyard. Inside the mansion, he was greeted by Thoma who told him that they have already eaten their dinner but he saved him something that he gratefully took. After having his stomach filled, Shura returned to his room. As it got quite late, Shura decided to meditate to balance out his karma. When he then finally turned to his bed. But when he shoved the blanket away, he saw a small folded piece of paper, although faint, the smell of it was way too familiar to Shura.

Unfolding the paper, Shura began to read the message.

"Dear Shura,

please come to the shrine tomorrow. I need your expertise, though not with herbs but with the sword. Also, I know that you already miss me :D 

your beloved Miko <3"

"..."

Shaking his head in silence, Shura folded the paper and put it aside.

"I think I've just grown some new varicose veins", was everything that Shura said before laying down in his bed.

TO BE CONTINUED!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

How did you like this chapter? Was it good? Bad? Too much of Sekiro? To less of the Inazuma Main Quest for the beginning? More pictures of the characters? Every constructive criticism is welcomed.

That's all, have a nice day :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 3.1K 14
Imagine if one day, the Shogun of Inazuma ask you out Nah just kidding But still imagine
137K 4.9K 35
PLS GO READ THE REVAMP VERSION THIS IS THE EPITOME OF CRINGE "The world is so cruel... Could you be my serenity?" Once upon an era of Ancient Inazum...
226K 9.9K 38
𓂃 δΈ­ IT DOESN'T MATTER if society tears us apart , all i want is to be loved by you 𓂃 β΄° ࣭͘ οΉ«vollerie ! all rights reserved . β­‘Β« [ kamisato...
5.4K 180 12
"That throne in the sky is not reserved for you." MONDSTADT The dragon who defended Mondstadt for a millennium finally faces his perturbation. What d...