Secret Life of an American Te...

By arentyoutheauthor

Secret Life of the American Teenager 10 Years Later More

2. Bouquet for Bouquet
3. Dinner and a Tour

1. NY to CA

90 0 0
By arentyoutheauthor

Ricky
"Are you nervous" Adrian asked approaching me
"No not nervous, this isn't my first time delivering a speech" I said shoving my hands in my pocket
"You just look a little nervous" She said stepping closer and fixing my tie
"Well I'm not" I said looking past her trying to get a peak at the audience
"Well good luck" She said with her face two centimeters away from mine

She pecked my cheek and walked to the audience.

I guess I was too caught up in my head I didn't hear Mr. Boykewich walk up.

"Ricky, you ready" His voice shocked me out my thoughts
"Yep" I said flashing him an assuring grin

He nodded before grabbing a mic and walking on stage

"Good afternoon family and friends, Today I am here to make a special announcement. For 30 years I've ran Boykewich Butcher's, a successful butcher shop that I established at the age of 25. Now it's time that I retire but I wanted to pass my business down to a very important asset to not only the business but my life. Richard Underwood has been apart of Boykewich Butchers since he was 16 years old and 13 years later he has stayed with the business and continue to help it flourish. He's helped tremendously with the marketing and expansion of the business , and currently we have a total of 200 brand new Boykewich Butchers nationwide. So, as I am sad to be stepping down from my position but I am completely thrilled to honor this new position as CEO to Richard Underwood better known as Ricky"

I wiped the tear from my eye, before fixing my suit one last time and heading on stage.

"Thank you so much" I said before Mr. Boykewich pulled me into a warm embrace that lasted for at least 3 minutes.

We pulled apart and he passed me the mic.

"I am completely honored and grateful to have even had the opportunity to meet Mr. Boykewich, he has been a great boss, advocate, mentor, and much more. My life would have probably spiraled down the wrong path if I did not meet him. I promise I will take care of this business like I do my own son, this is the opportunity of a lifetime and I will not let you down Mr. Boykewich"

I gave him another hug as the audience stood and applaud.

-

After the speech everyone stayed and celebrate. I was completely honored that George let us have the event at his restaurant. After all these years, even with Amy and I not being on the best of terms George and I still kept a positive relationship. I give him good deals on meats and he promotes Boykewich products. Surprisingly we still have a good personal relationship too. I look at him like how I look at Mr.Boykewich.

"Have you heard from Amy" George asked walking over to me

I was sitting at the bar. Not drinking, just enjoying the view of everyone having a good time.

"Last time I spoke to Amy was when I sent her the invitation, and that was a few weeks ago" I shrugged

Amy and I don't communicate often. We don't really have a need to unless somethings going on with John but he's thirteen so he's old enough to communicate with his mom all on his own. And it's not like I'd run into her anywhere we live approximately 3,000 miles away from each other.

"That girl" George said shaking his head

I wasn't too shocked with her absences. Amy has been notorious with missing important events. She missed her own mothers surprise birthday party, and was late to Johns first day of middle school last year.

George had gotten distracted by one of his regulars so I took that as a chance for me to get some fresh air.

I slid through the crowd of people, first making sure John was okay and then making my way outside.

I undid the first few buttons of my dress shirt and took a seat on the bench in front of the restaurant.

"What are you doing out here" I heard Adrian ask

Surprisingly Adrian and I had gotten really close over the years. After all we were the only ones still here. Grace and her husband got deployed to Mexico, Ben's a scientist who currently reside in Washington D.C., Amy is an author who's constantly traveling, and no one's heard from Jack since he gotten injured and was forced to leave the NFL.

But Adrian and I somehow managed to be okay.

"Just getting some air" I finally responded

She sat beside me and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I'm really proud of you" She said

"I'm proud of you too" I responded

She lifted her head off my shoulder and looked at me as if I were speaking a foreign language.

"What" she laughed

"Really, you've grown tremendously and I'm proud of you" I said wrapping my arm around her

"Look at us being grown ups"'She said causing me to laugh

Amy
"Thank you" I said scurrying out my Uber as the driver got out and helped me get my suitcase out the trunk
"Thank you so much" I said to the driver as I struggled to drag my bags up the stairs to the porch

It was 10 something at night, I just got off a six hour flight, now I'm here at my parents-well my dads house. All this hassle because I wanted to come back to congratulate Ricky in person on his promotion. Sadly I knew I was going to be late, but luckily I ordered him a bouquet so hopefully he's not too mad at me.

He was being promoted by Mr. Boykewich to CEO of Boykewich Butchers. I know how big this is for him and I wanted to be there, but sadly I couldn't get here at a better time.

I used my key, same key I had since a little girl, to open the front door. I lunged my suitcases through the front door, and ran to the bathroom to freshen up.

Honestly I'm pretty nervous about this. I've never came back to California for the sole purpose of seeing Ricky. Once I left here ten years ago I was gone, I only came back for my sons first days of school and that one time he broke his arm. Other than that California never felt like home to me, my dad use to sit on a five hour flight with John just so I could have the whole summer with him. Facing Ricky was always super intense after I left years ago for college. We always loved one another and we love our son but somehow that wasn't enough. For the past ten years it seem like we avoided each other part of me think it's because he's still angry with me for leaving, and another part thinks it's because we're both ashamed we did and tried everything but nothing worked.

I blinked away the tears forming into my eyes and picked up my phone to request another Uber.

Once that was done I exited the bathroom to grab my belongs. Taking in a nice deep breath, this was literally my first time staying in this house since forever ago. Every time I'm here it just reminds me that I was once the pregnant teen, who never had a normal teen life.

My phone vibrated indicating that the Uber was arriving. I locked up the house and walked outside before hoping in the car.

"Hello" I said to the driver
"How are you" He responded

I went through Instagram just to see if anyone posted anything. Adrian posted a video of Ricky on stage delivering a speech.

I felt a smile creeping upon my face, he looked nice. It's ridiculous how the older our son gets the more he reminds me of Ricky. His attitude, looks, demeanor, even down to how he walks is all his dad.

I put my phone down when I felt the car stop. I look out the window to see I've arrived at my dads restaurant.

"Thank you" I say to the driver before grabbing my clutch and exiting his vehicle.

I was dressed in some black dress pants, white top with a black mini blazer, and a pair black heels. I took a few steps down into the parking lot, but I paused in my tracks.

There he was sitting on a bench, with his arm wrapped around Adrian.

And then there it goes, that suffocating feeling I use to always get around here. That feeling of two hundred pounds of cinder blocks sitting right on my chest.

"Amy" I heard a familiar voice say
________________________________

• If You Haven't Watched "Secret Life of the American Teenager" Please Watch Before You Read

• Don't Forget to Like & Comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.4K 1.9K 33
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
377K 13.5K 58
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
608K 9.4K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...