Protagonist Became Bent and i...

By mensaiesh

As tragedy befalls on Zhan Yu , he soon finds himself transmigrated into a novel world as a character. To his... More

CHAPTER - 1 Transmigrated to a Novel
CHAPTER - 2 Accepting 'Reality'
CHAPTER - 3 Crossing Paths
CHAPTER - 4 Invitation
CHAPTER - 5 Embarrassment
CHAPTER - 6 Competition
CHAPTER - 7 Wealthy Heir
CHAPTER - 8 Apartment
CHAPTER - 9 Declaration
CHAPTER - 10 Meet
CHAPTER - 11 Recording
CHAPTER - 12 Banquet
CHAPTER - 13 Conversation
CHAPTER - 14 A - City
CHAPTER - 15 Kindness or a Trap?
CHAPTER - 16 A Big Huge Trouble
CHAPTER - 17 Life Back to Normal
CHAPTER - 18 Meeting an Unwanted Person
CHAPTER - 19 Invitation
CHAPTER - 20 Book a ticket to ...
CHAPTER - 21 Denied
CHAPTER - 22 Fate Works in Mysterious Ways
Note
CHAPTER - 23 Pursuing His Dream
Chapter - 24 'Not Right! Not Good! There seems to be something wrong!'
Chapter 25 - The plot is completely Wrong!!!
Chapter - 26 You're breaking the rules! LU BAI!
Chapter - 27 Why couldn't he let him go?
Chapter - 28 Feelings
Chapter - 29 Who's going to be a family with you?!
Chapter - 30 Interview
Chapter - 31 Accident
Chapter - 32 After suffering numerous hardships, I finally have you!
Chapter - 33 So Many Rules
Chapter - 34 Sister-in-Law
Chapter - 35 "Yep, I have a boyfriend."
Chapter - 36 Everything was too late now.
Chapter - 37 I must marry my...
Chapter - 38 The author has...!
Chapter - 39 This Shameless Bastard
Chapter - 40 The truth about the world
Chapter - 42 Married Life
Chapter - 43 Fortune and Destiny
Chapter - 44 You can think over again?
Chapter - 45 Is Zhong Qin and Zhuang Zhu in love?
Chapter - 46 It's son or daughter, it's our child
Chapter - 47 The Baby
Chapter - 48 Real World
Chapter - 49 Better choice for both you and me
Chapter - 50 You...How did you know?
Chapter - 51 Together with their son, they'll wait for him to return.
Chapter - 52 I'm Yours
NOTICE on ENDING
Extras : 1 LU JUNXING
Extras : 2 Zhan Yu, Lu Bai and Babies (After Life)
RE - EDIT NOTICE

Chapter - 41 Business Trip

7.4K 235 13
By mensaiesh

Zhan Yu looked up with his eyes glistening with tears, "You won't feel disgusted with me because of this, will you?"

Lu Bai hugged Zhan Yu, brooding. "If I do, can I still return you right now?"

When Zhan Yu heard that, he knew that Lu Bai was just teasing him. So, without any thought, Zhan Yu said, "No! Anyway, after our wedding at the end of April, I'll be latching on to you! Don't even think about throwing me aside in your lifetime."

"Yeah. Even if you're a heavy burden, I won't throw you away."

"How am I heavy? What's more, when have I ever made you worry?"

Lu Bai looked at Zhan Yu. "You don't think so? Who's the one making me worry every day!"

Zhan Yu wouldn't admit it. He was clearly a very independent person. You see, he works hard, earns his own money, and isn't clingy. "Anyway, that person wasn't me."

Lu Bai chuckled softly. He no longer said anything else to Zhan Yu, and instead, holding Zhan Yu's face, he kissed him deeply...

On the other hand, Chu Hua who had seen Lu Bai enter Zhan Yu's car was standing in place, not moving even after a long time had passed.

"Did you see that? The two of them have a close relationship." Mo Bei's deep voice emerged.

Chu Hua did not turn around to look at him, her gaze just followed the car as it left. She laughed self-deprecatingly and asked, "Did you come just so you could laugh at me?"

"Is that what you think?" Mo Bei frowned.

"Am I wrong? Shamelessly, I thought I was Lu Bai's girlfriend at the start, but who knew that he didn't think about me in that way at all? Look, in those years when I went overseas, Zhan Yu a bastard had already replaced me completely. It's all my own fault."

When Mo Bei heard her words, he laughed at himself as well. Why would he be so immersed in her at the beginning, thinking of her as someone so excellent and charming? Even till now, the only person who can't come to terms with reality is just herself.

"Chu Hua, let it go. Lu Bai loves Zhan Yu."

"Enough!" Chu Hua suddenly raised her voice and turned around to yell at him nastily. "Even if you like me, so what?! Do you think you can stab my heart over and over again with your words just because you like me?! Mo Bei, why can't you just support me and understand me?! I love Lu Bai! I love him more than I love myself! Even if you want me to stop loving me, you should give me some time to forget him! Stop forcing me, Mo Bei! I feel like I'm going to break soon! I can't take it anymore!"

Mo Bei looked at her and his eyes turned red. Before he could say anything, he saw her running to her own car, getting in, and drove off. The scene almost looked like she was running away.

Mo Bei stood there for a long time. When his phone suddenly rang, he finally came back to his senses. The caller ID on the phone was "Minor".

Mo Bei reached his hand up to massage his temples and picked up the call, only to hear a clear and pleasant voice on the other end that was slightly pitched. "Mo Bei, Mo Bei! There's an English paragraph I can't understand, can you translate it for me? Please?"

The "please" at the very end had been deliberately dragged on, bringing with it a feeling of sweetness.

Mo Bei was dazed for a moment before finally asking, "What does it say?"

The person on the other side immediately read out the paragraph with a giggle.

"The furthest distance in the world

Is not between life ah

But when I stand in front of you

Yet you don't know that

I love you."

As soon as that soft voice finished speaking, the person on that end added on quickly, "What does that paragraph mean? Mo Bei, help me translate it."

Mo Bei smiled. Only then did he said, "I'm quite curious myself. How could someone who is able to read the pronunciations of each word so accurately not know its meaning in Chinese? If you really don't understand, I don't mind having a chat with your parents later and tell them to hire an English tutor for you."

The person on the other side deflated. After a sigh, a voice filled with complaints could be heard. "Fine, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to! No need to be uppity about it!" After that, without even waiting for his response, the person on the other phone threw Mo Bei out a sentence in a huff, "Mo Bei, I don't want to see you anymore! Hateful guy!"

Mo Bei looked at the call that had been cut and felt helpless. Even if that person says it, he knew she would still appear in front of him, cheerful and jumping in joy. So, what's there to worry about? Why should he care?

April arrived. The day of Lu Bai and Zhan Yu's wedding was getting closer and closer. The guests they had to invite to the wedding, as well as the other matters, were left to Lu Bai and their seniors. Zhan Yu was only responsible for choosing out the wedding dress and taking sweet and loving wedding photos with Lu Bai for the afternoon. Both of them were extremely uninterested in taking photos, so they had only changed twice during the entire thing. One was the pure white western wedding dress, while the other was the more dignified traditional Chinese wedding costume. The clothes were all custom made by the well-known designers hired by Lu Bai. The designs were fashionable, noble, and elegant, all at the same time.

Due to his work, Zhan Yu had a strong feel for the camera. Adding on the high face value of the two of them, it wasn't only the workers at the scene who were enthralled by their photoshoot, even the photographer was praising, "Truly impeccable!"

After it ended, the photographer was still persuading them pitifully, "President Lu Bai, do you and your wife really not plan to take a few more pictures? You're both so handsome, so beautiful! You should take more pictures! It's too much of a waste if you don't!"

On the other hand, Lu Bai looked at Zhan Yu. Zhan Yu knew that he was asking for his opinion, so he shook his head. "Forget it, I'm tired."

When Lu Bai heard that, he reached out to hold Zhan Yu, allowing Zhan Yu to learn into his embrace. Compliantly, he said, "Alright, let's stop here then. I'll bring you back in so you can rest."

Avoiding the gazes of the others, Zhan Yu secretly gave Lu Bai a strong pinch at the waist and raised his eyes to glare at him. Hmph, Zhan Yu was still a little angry. Zhan Yu's energy is drained today and it was all because of Lu Bai!

Last night, when Zhan Yu reminded Lu Bai several times not to leave any marks at his neck, Lu Bai did remember that, but Lu Bai still made sure to toss Zhan Yu about well enough. They clearly had to take their wedding photos today but Lu Bai still pestered Zhan Yu deep into the night. When Zhan Yu got up this morning, Zhan Yu found himself very dull and groggy. Lu Bai held Zhan Yu all the way to the changing room so Zhan Yu could change. When Lu Bai saw that Zhan Yu was still in low spirits, he reflected on it for a moment and asked in worry, "Are you tired?"

Zhan Yu glanced at Lu Bai from the corner of his eye. "Aren't you?"

Lu Bai smiled and said to Zhan Yu. "( Mrs. Lu/Bai - its talking about Zhan Yu here.) are you giving me an invitation to work myself harder?"

This person...

Zhan Yu reached out to push Lu Bai. "Go away, I'm going to change."

"Didn't you say you were tired? I'll help you change, Mrs. Lu / Bai. (Zhan Yu)"

"Why thank you, but I wouldn't dare bother you." Of course, Zhan Yu wouldn't dare to send himself right into the wolf's mouth. If he really let Lu Bai change him, then would he (Zhan Yu) still be able to walk out the dressing room alive?

After the two finished packing up and was about to head back, Bai Ning called Zhan Yu and asked the two to come over for dinner. Zhan Yu asked Lu Bai and naturally, he had no comments about it. And so, they changed routes and headed to the Zhan family house instead.

Ever since staying the night at Lu Bai's place, Zhan Yu spent much of his time living there because Lu Bai would come to pick him up anytime it was convenient for Lu Bai . But of course, the elders all knew what was going on, they just didn't expose them.

Not long after Zhan Yu went in and sat down, he couldn't help but yawn. He was really sleepy. He looked fine a few days ago when Bai Ning last saw him, but now, seeing how tired he was, she asked in pity, "Have you been busy at work? Your wedding's coming up soon. You should take time off work if you're really too tired."

Having the best idea on why he was so tired, Zhan Yu quickly responded, "Work is fine, mom. I just didn't sleep well last night. We had to take our wedding photos today as well, so I got a bit more tired than usual. I'm fine, mom. I'll take some time off near the end of April and get ready for the wedding."

Bai Ning wasn't too sure about that. "Your work is important, but your health is more important than that."

"I know, mom. Don't worry!"

Lu Bai reached out to hold Zhan Yu's hand. With a smile, he assured Bai Ning, "Don't worry, mom. I'll take good care of him."

Only then did Bai Ning nod. But she still exhorted, "Pay attention to your rest."

"Mom, you and dad are the same. You don't have to worry about me and brother, your healths are more important."

When Zhan Yu heard his mom mentioning Zhan Qiancheng, he felt a little disappointed. "I still don't know when your brother's going to take an interest in dating. Why don't you take a few female friends home and see?"

"You don't have to worry about him, mom. You think brother won't be able to get any girl with his qualifications?"

"I'm just worried that his taste is higher than that. I don't remember him taking fancy in any girl he's seen yet."

"Mom..." Zhan Yu was about to enlighten mom when he heard Zhan Qiancheng's voice. "I'm home, mom."

"Done with work?" Bai Ning asked in response.

"Yeah." After responding, Zhan Qiancheng finally saw Lu Bai and Zhan Yu. The former gave him a light nod. Zhan Qiancheng took off his suit jacket and did not show too much a reaction to that.

On the other hand, Zhan Yu said to him with a cheerful smile, "Brother, mom was just talking about when you're going to find me a sister-in-law!"

When Zhan Qiancheng heard the gloating in Zhan Yu's tone, his eyes motioned for Zhan Yu to watch himself as he scolded Zhan Yu softly, "You could keep quiet."

Zhan Yu's smile turned even brighter. "Brother, why don't I keep an eye out for some women your age and help set you up?"

"You can stop talking now."

When Zhan Yu saw Zhan Qiancheng's moody expression, he stopped.

When Zhan Qiancheng passed by where Lu Bai was sitting, he gave him a quiet reminder, "Better watch your wife, my Brother."

When Lu Bai heard that, he laughed. "I think he's quite nice like that."

Zhan Yu was sitting right beside him, so naturally, he heard it clearly. Proudly, Zhan Yu looked at Zhan Qiancheng and said, "He's on my side, brother!"

Zhan Qiancheng rolled his eyes away from him. He wasn't going to lower hisself to Zhan Yu's level.

During dinner, the family shared a cheerful meal in harmony. But of course, that was besides Zhan Qiancheng who was a little gloomy from not being able to escape Bai Ning's constant persuasions at the dinner table.

After dinner, Lu Bai and Zhan Jin were seated in the living room, watching the news. Zhan Yu helped Bai Ning clean up the tableware and brought a plate of cut fruits to the living room. Since he still couldn't get over his sleepiness, he went upstairs to take a shower. He had just planned to take a short nap, but he didn't expect himself to fall deep asleep. When he woke up, he found Lu Bai sitting right at the side of his bed, reaching his hand out, stroking his (Zhan Yu's) cheek.

Zhan Yu opened his sleepy eyes and mumbled, "What time is it?"

"It's ten-thirty at night."

"Oh." Only then did Zhan Yu react to the situation. He said in surprise, "I actually slept that long?"

"Yeah. Just like a little piggy."

"You're a pig!" Zhan Yu slapped away Lu Bai's hand that was rubbing his (Zhan Yu's) earlobe and muttered, "That's ticklish."

Lu Bai withdrew his hand and leaned over to kiss Zhan Yu's lips. "Go back to sleep, I'll head back now."

"Okay." After saying that, Zhan Yu wanted to get up and see him off, but Lu Bai stopped Zhan Yu. "I can go down myself. Remember to cover yourself while you're sleeping."

Zhan Yu answered gloomily, "I will."

But Zhan Yu had just kicked off his blanket once when it got too hot at night, how did he become someone who liked kicking off the blankets?

Moreover, it was Lu Bai who insisted on holding him (Zhan Yu) tightly while they slept. Lu Bai's body had a high temperature, and Zhan Yu wanted to push Lu Bai, but Lu Bai was too heavy. What else could Zhan Yu have done besides kicking off the blanket?

Zhan Yu couldn't be bothered to explain himself, so he just told Lu Bai, "Be careful while you're driving back by yourself."

"Mhm." Before leaving, Lu Bai pulled Zhan Yu in for a deep kiss, reluctant to go. Only then did he let Zhan Yu go and left by himself.

The next day, Zhan Yu went off to work, refreshed. When his colleagues saw him, all of them were saying that to each other that people who were waiting for their big day were all in high spirits after all. Zhan Yu could only pull up an awkward smile. There wasn't much he could say. Soon, he received a notice regarding an event about the inheritance of Chinese culture. He was specially invited to be the host. Zhan Yu looked at the contents of the program and felt that it was very meaningful, thus he agreed. Only, due to how soon the event was going to start, he would have to rush over tomorrow. He was packing his luggage when he brought this up to Lu Bai at night. Lu Bai was leaning on the dresser, watching Zhan Yu get busy with packing up his stuff, his expression profound.

Once Zhan Yu was done talking, Lu Bai still remained quiet for quite a long while. So, Zhan Yu added on, "I'll be back very soon. It's only four days."

Without a change in his expression, Lu Bai said, "You're a bride-to-be and you're still running all over the place?"

Zhan Yu knew that Lu Bai could want for nothing more than to stick around him all day long, so he walked to Lu Bai with a smile and hugged his waist, putting on the coy act. "Who told my hubby to be so capable!"

Lu Bai narrowed his eyes slightly.

Zhan Yu went up on the tips of his toes and gave Lu Bai a hard kiss on the lips to curry favor. "I won't be running around once I'm back. I'll stay here and wait for our wedding, okay?"

Lu Bai raised his arms up to hold Zhan Yu's delicate waist. Then, turning around, he pressed Zhan Yu to the wall. Planting his hand on the wall beside Zhan Yu, he caressed Zhan Yu's cheek and said in a deep seductive tone, "Call me that again."

Zhan Yu smiled proudly. However, instead of complying, he raised his smooth and fair arms, curling them around Lu Bai's neck, and stuck close to his ear on purpose, asking, "When are we going to get our certificate?"

Zhan Yu knew that Lu Bai had been very busy recently at the office due to the wedding. Coupled with how he still had to find time out of his day to accompany her each day, he had been so busy he never got to mention taking a trip to the Civil Affairs Bureau. If it wasn't for Zhan Yu having heard two of his colleagues gossiping while he was in the bathroom today, saying, "I don't know how many lifetimes worth of luck that Zhan Yu's used up, but to think he could marry a golden bachelor like Lu Bai!"

"No use being envious! He's a lucky one for sure. But let's not jump to conclusions too early, what if they don't actually get married? And even if he does, a divorce is still possible!"

"You're right. Anyway, taking a trip down to the Civil Affairs Bureau and getting the document is super easy as well! We'll have to see if he has the ability to keep his spot as a Mr's Mrs Rich."

=

"Heh, just wait and see!"

After the voices of the two got farther and farther away, Zhan Yu came out. He didn't feel angry about this though. They're speaking with their own mouths, they can be envious about people however they want with them. However, they actually reminded him that since proposing, it seems like Lu Bai had not mentioned about getting their marriage certificates this whole time. Zhan Yu's idea was simple. If Lu Bai wasn't going to bring it up, then he's just going to ask.

When Lu Bai heard that, he ended up laughing instead. "Finally feeling anxious?"

Zhan Yu, "..."

"So, are you still going on that business trip?"

Zhan Yu, "..." This and that are two different things, alright?

Lu Bai leaned down and chuckled. "If you don't worry about me anymore you might lose me someday."

But Zhan Yu wasn't worried at all. "Whoever wants you can take you, I have no comments."

After Zhan Yu said that, he pulled Lu Bai down by his collar and threatened, "However, if you really try to leave, I'd probably never want you again for the rest of my life."

Lu Bai just raised his lips in a smile. Following that, he lowered his head to catch Zhan Yu's lips, sucking down on them. Zhan Yu was getting breathless from the kiss and his shirt was disheveled. He wrapped one leg around Lu Bai's waist and allowed him to do as he pleased.

Only, even after Zhan Yu's body had gone soft and covered in sweat, Lu Bai still kept rubbing on Zhan Yu when Zhan Yu was feeling empty, not at all giving Zhan Yu the joyful relief Zhan Yu wanted.

Zhan Yu rubbed against Lu Bai's body uncomfortably and opened his misty eyes to look at him, only to see the tense look on Lu Bai's face with his forehead dripping with sweat. Lu Bai's eyes were like burning flames as he asked in a hoarse voice, "Do you want me?" Then, Lu Bai kissed Zhan Yu all the way down from Zhan Yu's clavicle.

Zhan Yu whined, and finally, he could no longer hold himself back from saying, "Yes!"

Zhan Yu needed to travel because of his work, so Lu Bai absorbed himself in pushing forward all the key schedules he had laid out for him next month to these next few days. He worked overtime every day, holding meetings, working, and engaging in social activities. But such a crazy way of working was actually quite similar to when he first took over the company. And recently, Assistant Wang who had recently fallen in love with the goddess of his university during a party last time was troubled-why did his wonderful days of getting off work on time end right after the boss lady went on a business trip?

Assistant Wang felt bitter, but he had to accompany Lu Bai while he worked overtime. After two or three days, he secretly sent a message to Zhan Yu, asking him when he was going to return under the pretense of concern.

Zhan Yu who was currently packing up his luggage after finishing up his work responded to the message after seeing it. "Is anything wrong, Assistant Wang? Is Lu Bai looking for me?"

Assistant Wang responded cleverly, "Sir, President Lu Bai has been mentioning all day about when you're going to come back."

When Zhan Yu saw the message, he couldn't help but smile. Then, he gave Lu Bai a call and brought it up bluntly. "I'm heading back by plane this afternoon."

Lu Bai was looking through some documents when he heard that, and the corners of his lips couldn't help but widen. But when he responded to Zhan Yu, his voice was still relatively calm. "Alright. Be careful. I'll come pick you up when you've arrived."

"Okay." Zhan Yu had wanted to say more, but for a moment, he didn't know where to start. But when he hung up, he felt pretty happy. Yeah. Just hearing Lu Bai's voice alone made him happy. Moreover, he'll be able to see Lu Bai soon.

Lu Bai who had been waiting, after sitting impatiently in his office for a few hours, he put on his suit jacket at five in the afternoon and grabbed his car keys, ready to head out to pick up his wife. Assistant Wang happened to be coming in with documents for him, but when he saw his actions, he asked, "President Lu Bai, are you getting off?"

"Yeah." Lu Bai looked at him and said, "Hand me the documents."

Assistant Wang was feeling giddy. Does this mean he doesn't have to work overtime today?

After signing the documents, Lu Bai ordered him, "Tonight's dinner is canceled."

Assistant Wang could guess that the boss lady must have returned, so he quickly said, "Yes, President Lu Bai."

His boss who had been working overtime every day for several days in a row is finally getting off work early, many of his colleagues in the office were relieved.

One of them secretly asked Assistant Wang for the gossip. "Assistant Wang, why did President Lu Bai get off so early today?"

Assistant Wang gave her a deep look. "Don't talk too much if you can't figure it out."

Defeated, his colleague did not dare to talk anymore. On the other hand, Assistant Wang was walking back to his own office at a brisk pace. Assistant Wang finally held out! He can finally get off work and see his girlfriend!

After picking up his wife from the airport, Lu Bai brought Zhan Yu to dinner as well. After heading back, he didn't even wait for Zhan Yu to wash off the dust from his body before carrying him into the bedroom.

The next day, Zhan Yu slept until noon before getting up.

When Lu Bai received Zhan Yu's little gaze that was filled with complaints, he said thoughtfully, "I helped you take the day off."

Zhan Yu was a little unhappy. "I've been out on a business trip for so many days, there's still a lot of work piled up at the station!"

Lu Bai chuckled. "So, is your work more important than me?"

Zhan Yu put his arms around Lu Bai instantly. "How are they comparable?"

Lu Bai huffed to show his dissatisfaction.

In order to celebrate the fact that the two of them finally got their marriage certificate, the two families met up to share a lively dinner. While they ate, the topic drew further and further. Several of the seniors have even went on to discuss the name of their child and even described what the child would look like. When they saw how enthusiastic these seniors were while they discussed the topic, Zhan Yu felt quite helpless-to have a child...isn't it a bit early to talk about this right now?

Before the wedding, Zhan Yu tried his best and completed all his work because, after the marriage, he still had to take a month off to go on his honeymoon. Actually, Zhan Yu wasn't in high support of it when Lu Bai mentioned the idea of going on a honeymoon, mainly because of their work.

Zhan Yu asked Lu Bai, "Will it really be fine for you to take a month off with your two companies?"

In the joint efforts of he and Mao Shiyuan, his new company had grown to a considerable scale, which was quite amazing in the industry.

But Lu Bai wasn't the least bit perturbed. "I have so many subordinates under me, if the company can't run as usual just because I'm off for a month, then that means I don't have a good eye for people."

Zhan Yu was speechless. Do people normally go around boasting like this?

Lu Bai immediately understood the deeper meanings of Zhan Yu's words and said, "I've already talked to your higher-ups about your work. We can deal with whatever arises once we come back."

Even though Zhan Yu was reluctant, he still went with it. A honeymoon, what wonderful memories you could make! How could you not go?!

Two days before the wedding, Zhong Qin and Gu tong invited Zhan Yu out, and the three of them went out to have some crazy fun together. They had way too much fun and by the time they headed their separate ways, it was already one in the morning. The three of them drank alcohol, and the most drunk out of the three was Zhong Qin, but besides constantly feeling the need to bust out a tune every so often after getting drunk, she had no other strange habits. On the contrary, Gu Tong ended up crying very hard after she got drunk, and naturally, the contents of her crying were all related to Xia Qiao.

Even though Zhan Yu still remained sober, his feet still felt light when he walked. He heard Gu Tong who was tugging at his sleeve asking sentence after sentence. "Xiao... Yu.., tell me...why are there such cold men in this world? I've already been so proactive and made myself so obvious, but he still acts so indifferent...Xia Qiao, you're really formidable..."

When Zhan Yu saw hid red eyes were, Zhan Yu quickly comforted him. "Alright, alright, stop crying. Who knows? Maybe one day he'll be completely smitten by you."

"Even if he does, I don't want him anymore! It's not like I can't live without him! If I'd known that chasing after a guy would be this painful, I wouldn't have done it! Zhan Yu, it really hurts..."

"If it really makes you feel that bad, just let him go. There's still an endless field of grass beneath the sun..."

"Sob sob sob sob..."

When Lu Bai came to pick Zhan Yu up, this was the strange scene he saw: Zhong Qin shouting hysterically into a microphone while Gu Tong had collapsed into his wife's arms with tears covering his eyes, and his wife was comforting him. Even though it seemed like his wife was the only relatively normal one among them, his pink cheeks still sold him out. To think he really dares to get drunk to this degree!

When Lu Bai brought them back to the car, the two who were completely drunk said in unison, "Lu Bai, you're seriously blessed!"

"Yeah! President Lu Bai is so considerate!"

"Zhan Yu, we have to come out drinking again next time!"

"Yeah! I want to go to another KTV next time! And order more bottles of beer!"

...

Zhan Yu who still had a trace of sobriety left in him felt his head throbbing faintly. He raised his eyes carefully to look at a certain someone's face, and as he expected, that face was devoid of expression.

When the car started, Zhan Yu could vaguely hear his quiet threats. "If you dare to try this again, you'll know what the consequences are."

Zhan Yu whose head was throbbing faintly, "..."

Haha, no more, I swear.

After returning, Lu Bai saw Zhan Yu unhurried to sleep. Instead, Zhan Yu was insistent on talking things out with him.

Lu Bai was flipping through his documents while talking with Zhan Yu. "What was your friend crying to you about earlier?"

The eyes of the drunken Zhan Yu were very bright. Once that was mentioned, he responded excitedly, "What else but Xia Qiao! You know Gu Tong, don't you? He was my classmate in A Uni and he's always been in love with Xia Qiao. It took him a lot to decide on going after him, but it ended up awful! Tell me, is it really that hard to chase after a guy? If it really is that hard, then I wouldn't dare do it either. It's just so sad!"

Lu Bai listened to what Zhan Yu said and couldn't help but ask, "So if you chased after me and I didn't immediately agree, would you also back out as well?"

Zhan Yu quickly waved his hands. "Of course not! I wouldn't chase after you! Only people who want to have a bad time would take the initiative to go after you. You're like a flower on top of a mountain, you can't just climb up and pick it, you have to wait for it to come into your arms by itself."

After hearing this, Lu Bai didn't know what sort of expression he should have. Forget it, it's better to just coax Zhan Yu to bed. The more he talked with Zhan Yu, the more he felt like he was going to give himself internal injuries. It really wasn't the wise choice to speak with Zhan Yu on this topic.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.7K 409 86
Why The Big Villain Hasn't Run Away Yan Luqing was reading a heart-abuse novel of the year when she was on the plane. Among them, the most popular is...
9K 639 30
Formerly known as POSSESSIVE SERIES 2 : Wang Yibo Xiao Zhan only had three important things in his life. His friends, his mother and the wealth that...
164K 3.6K 64
Wang Linxue transmigrated into a novel and becomes the villanous second female lead of a wealthy family. In the original she schemes over the female...
1.3K 6 7
Ruan Zhu, as the adopted son adopted by the Fang family to show his righteousness, has no ambitions and only likes to read novels and fish. Unexpecte...