sins and suits

By disastroussA

- ๐ฅ๐š๐ง๐๐ข๐ง๐  ๐š ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฃ๐จ๐› ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ ๐œ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฌ... More

0; prologue.
1; encounter.
2; introductions.
3; invitation.
4; preparations.
5; darling.
6; banquet, part one.
7; banquet, part two.
8; chamomile.
9; inclination.
10; dinner.
11; moonlight.
12; time.
13; jealousy.
14; pearls.
15; privacy.
16; conference, part one.
17; conference, part two.
18; magath.
20; departure.
21; acquainted.
22; exile.
23; reputation.

19; epiphany.

3.9K 89 241
By disastroussA

"Congratulations, sir. You finally ruined Levi Ackerman."

Yelena pours Zeke his celebratory drink of choice, him lighting his cigar as he leans in his chair. He slowly puffs out the smoke, smiling as he takes a sip from his glass.

"We're not quite done yet."

Yelena cocks an eyebrow, "Oh? Why is that sir?"

"He ruined the man, but he hasn't ruined the company quite yet. Let's face it, we got lucky. If it wasn't for the crazy Ackerman chick who ruined her own company's presentation, they would've bested us."

"In that you are correct, Porco. They're good, too good."

Porco rolls his eyes, "Yeah, it's annoying. Especially L/n, so much for being a genius. Who would've thought she was screwing the boss," he laughs, shaking his head. Zeke smirks, "Poor miss L/n, wonder what her next move will be."

"She's certainly fired, is she not?" Yelena asks as she polishes Zeke's shelf full of guns, knives, and other weapons.

Zeke nods his head, "Doubt it. Not only would that bring extreme backlash from the idiotic feminists, it's also illegal to fire her for that cause."

"She can dispute an abuse of power from Ackerman since he is the CEO – say she felt pressured or coerced," Porco adds as he takes a sip from his drink, "That would tarnish his image even more, and might even save hers. It would be smart to do so, not to mention benefit us as well."

"She won't," Yelena says. Both Zeke and Porco turn to her, their faces intrigued, "Why so you say that, my dear Yelena?"

"She's not the type to do that. From what Pieck has told me, her and Ackerman were in a relationship. It was getting serious, but decided to keep it private for obvious reasons."

"Really, huh. Well that certainly backfired," Porco comments as he adjusts his watch, getting up from his chair, "If you don't mind me asking, why not have Eren be your source of intel, even if he doesn't know it? It would be better to have someone from the inside directly."

"Eren is a traitor. He betrayed the family, choosing to work outside of the family business," Zeke snaps, "My dear brother will learn soon enough once I ruin that company, that his foolish desire for freedom, will be his demise. He'll come back to his senses."

Porco and Yelena stay silent, Zeke's response making the tension in the room heavy and filled with intimidation towards him, "And as for having someone on the inside;

Who says I don't?"

Porco raises his brows, "Oh?"

"You underestimate me, Galliard. Not a smart move."

Yelena smirks as she polishes her gun, playing with it in the direction of Porco. He gulps, fixing his rolex as he shifts away from his chair, "Well, I should be heading back up. Anything else you'd like me to do, sir?"

Zeke frowns and shakes his head, "No, good work, Porco. Continue to better your advancements with Colt, and try to be nicer to him - he told me about you scolding him at the conference."

"He's too nice for his own good, fraternizing with the enemy," he retorts, "I don't understand why you don't have him in on this, he might even be more loyal to you then blondie."

Zeke stays still, "Like you said, too nice for his own good. What you need to understand, Porco, is that once you know about this, there's no getting out of it. Just ask Willy... oh wait."

Porco stares at him wide-eyed and nods, "Right, sorry sir," he apologizes as he leaves Zeke's private office, located right under the company. As Zeke sees the elevator go up and no longer in sight, he turns to Yelena.

"Yelena, I have another task for you."

"Yes, sir. I am at your service," she responds, bowing in front with her gun in her arm, crossing her chest. Her head is faced down, eyes closed as she demonstrates her undying loyalty to Zeke.

"I want you to get rid of Pieck Finger."

Yelena's eyes open wide in absolute shock. She stays still, looking down at the ground with her body running cold.

"W-what?"

Zeke examines her body language and her expression as he squints his eyes slightly, "Get rid of her. I don't care how, homicide, robbery, car crash, but get rid of her."

Yelena let's out a nervous laugh as she stands up, meeting Zeke's serious gaze, "I believe Ms. Finger is still of value to us, sir. She may give us information on Levi's legal battle, or like you said, Ms. L/n's next move."

"Levi has no legal battle, my dear Yelena," he responds, finishing his cigar, "There is no flaw in our framing of him, plus I may or may not have acquainted some officers in the investigation. Ackerman's lawyers are like chickens running around with no head; they'll stop eventually."

Zeke pauses, adjusting his glasses, "As for L/n, well, I'll have to play the waiting game... see what she does next."

Zeke rubs his beard, standing up from his desk and making his way towards Yelena, "Oh, and that was a test, by the way. Yelena, you are only with Finger because I ordered you to, don't tell me you've become attached?"

Yelena scoffs, "Of course not, sir," she responds, shifting her eyes to the side. Even she did not believe the words that came out of her own mouth, but there was no chance she'd say otherwise, for her and for Pieck's sake.

Zeke grabs her chin, turning her frightened face to meet his dangerous gaze, "Good, because if the time does come where I need you to do, you will do so. Is that clear?"

She gulps before answering, "Yes, sir."

Zeke gives her a big smile as he lets his tightening grip on her chin loosen, "Wonderful, you may go. Try to find out through your 'girlfriend'," he says with air quotes, "What her best friend's plan is now that she is known as a whore. The sooner, the better."

"Y/n, hurry up! We're not being late on your last day of work!"

You run out of your bedroom with one heel on and the other in your hand, glaring at Pieck, "Thanks."

Pieck laughs, "I'm kidding, you'll be fine!"

She pauses, "I think."

You finally were able to hook the straps of your heel, flattening out your pants, "Okay," you exhale, "I'm ready."

i'm so not ready.

As mentioned yesterday by Erwin, today the whole company will be at the morning meeting to discuss the future of Ackerman Inc., now without Levi. If that wasn't daunting on its own, you were also to talk to Erwin, about who knows what, right after.

"I think I feel more nervous than I was on my first day," you admit with a weary face, grabbing your purse as you and Pieck head out the door. Pieck pats your shoulder, "You'll be fine, if I remember correctly, they can't fire you for being involved with Levi. It's like illegal."

"Still, I just hate confrontation," you sigh as you enter the car. Pieck chuckles, "Yeah, I know, that's why we're in this mess."

"Shut up," you groan, "Anyways, does Yelena know you're back?"

"Yeah, so turns out the conference was cut short, due to... well you know," Pieck replies as she drives, eyes fixated on the road, "They haven't chosen a company to partner with yet, but I'm guessing we will find out in the upcoming days."

"Yeah, I guess we will."

Your voice was heavy with disappointment, fully knowing that your company wouldn't be chosen. You grew slightly jealous as well, realizing that the company most likely to be chosen, would be Zeke Yeager's.

so much for "we plan to."

You arrived at the company, your heart beating faster as you look up at the familiar tall building. As you scan your ID's and walk into the lobby, where you see Hitch greet you with a thumbs up. You smile back, walking straight ahead to the conference room.

"Okay, we walk right in, and go straight to our seats," Pieck states as she matches your pace, "For someone so nervous, you sure are eager to get here."

You continue to walk fast, your eyes filled with strength and determination, "Let's just get this over with."

Pieck smirks as you both turn a corner, meeting the doors in front of you. You both open each door, everyone's heads turning to look back at you, their conversations dying down.

It was dead silent.

Your short lived confidence came to an end as you slowly looked around, struggling to find where to sit. Pieck stood beside you, looming around as well. There were two options; next to Jean, or next to Eren. Both extremely awkward and last resort choices.

Eren it is.

You and Pieck walk towards Eren, who's stoic face showed no emotion and as you sit right next to him. His green eyes were fixated on his watch, fidgeting with it as he waited for the meeting to commence. You side eye hun multiple times, wondering how he may feel about you after everything that has come out to light, especially Mikasa's actions.

You felt your knee subconsciously shake, the air feeling cold in the most uncomfortable way. There was mild chatters amongst everyone know, and you caught some of your coworkers glancing at you as well.

"Cold?"

Your eyes dart towards Eren, who's face was still stoic as ever, yet his eyes seemed soft, caring even. You nod, "Yeah."

You both stay silent, looking towards the opposite direction.

fuck, this is awkward.

what should i say?

"So-" you both say at the same time, immediately stopping. You softly chuckle, "Go ahead."

Eren hesitates to speak, his mouth opening yet no words were coming out at that moment, "I- um, I wanted to ask if you're okay. You know, with everything going on."

"Oh," you reply, "Yeah, I'm okay, thanks."

He nods, "Good. I'm glad."

"... So, I guess Jean wasn't the guy I needed to look out for."

You let out a small, defeated laugh at Eren's comment, a small curve appearing on his lips. You felt relieved knowing there wasn't any bad blood between the two of you, despite him being in such an uncomfortable position, "Just a little off."

"Yeah, just a little."

Erwin, Hange, Petra, and Nile all walk into the room abruptly, making everyone stop talking and focusing all their attention onto them. They all walked in with serious looks on their faces, and a whole bunch of things to address.

"Good Morning, everyone," Erwin says as he stands in front of the long oval table, everyone else sitting down in the chairs next to him. Petra was still standing next to him, holding some folders as she scanned the room, her intense glare meeting yours. She keeps it on your face, in a failing attempt to intimidate you.

"As you all now know, our CEO, Levi Ackerman has been charged with the murder of William Tybur, former CEO of Tybur LLC," Erwin states. His voice was clear and professional, but deep down he felt uneasy with each word he spoke.

"Due to Levi's absence, I will now be interim CEO, with Hange being interim COO. We have decided to stand with Levi and his ongoing legal battle, as we have no doubt in our minds he is innocent of this extremely preposterous accusation," Erwin states, causing for some people to mutter amongst themselves, others having shocked expressions at this decision.

"The company will be putting out a statement for the media later today to declare our stance on this matter. Although the company will stand with Levi, we are aware some of you may not, and that is okay. We understand if you do not want to work for a company that will, and this is for certain, face criticism, backlash, and who knows what else. Therefore, we ask for anyone who decides to separate from Ackerman Inc. to please dismiss themselves from this room, we will have no issues with termination processes and letters of recommendation."

You and Pieck look at eachother, taken aback from Erwin's words. Your eyes scanned the silent room, the door not opening once. Everyone stayed in their seats, ready to hear whatever Erwin had to say next. A very small smile appears on his face, "Very well."

"We have been advised to not disclose any information to the media, other companies, and anyone that is not an employee of Ackerman Inc. This is crucial, as we do not want to tamper with the legal process. We are unsure how long this will take, it will all depend on the investigation."

"That is all I will say on this matter, we hope to have Levi here with us soon. He cares deeply for his company and all of you, so we must ensure he comes back to it just as he left it; as one of the best in the country."

Everyone nods, understanding what Erwin is expecting from everyone in the room. He pauses before speaking once again, "Moving on to our next topic of conversation, the conference."

Your heart dropped as you heard Erwin mention the conference, your anxiety rushing through your whole body in a rapid speed, making your shake uncontrollably. You try to compose yourself, Pieck taking notice as your uneasiness. She places her hand on your knee, you placing your own palm on top.

"There was an incident that occurred during our presentation at the conference in Marley, which revealed a relationship within the company. The severity of this will be further discussed in privacy. We have also dismissed Mikasa Ackerman due to insubordination and misconduct, effective immediately."

holy shit.

You knew this would happen, as there was no possible way for Mikasa to still be an employee here after what she did, even if she was Levi's niece. Though this was a given, it still felt shocking to hear it be confirmed.

"This also raises the question of our policies with workplace relationships," Erwin awkwardly says, making you want to hide from embarrassment.

"We are not allowed to prohibit any fraternization between coworkers, supervisors, and subordinates as long as it is consensual. We will not tolerate any harassment or abuse of power. Any other questions on this matter may be directed to our Human Resources department."

"You really expect us to believe there wouldn't be any advantage towards the people who are sleeping with bosses? I mean, come on," Floch scoffs, turning to look at you. Some other people from his department nod as well, making you feel little. Hange stands up immediately, "Watch your tone, Floch. Anyone that gets a promotion here at Ackerman Inc. has earned it with their work and dedication, do not lessen their accomplishments."

"That's right, and it will continue to be like that. There will be no special treatment towards anyone in particular," Erwin states, making Floch roll his eyes as he crosses his arms. The room stays silent, Petra standing up, "I believe that concludes our meeting, right sir?"

Erwin nods, "Yes, you are all dismissed. Y/n, please meet me in my office in ten."

fuck.

"Yes, sir," you reply, getting up from your seat. You walk with Pieck, saying your small goodbyes when reaching the second to top floor.

You let out a deep breath as you walked out of the elevator and into Erwin's office. As you came towards his door, his gold plated name framed in front, you knocked with a pit of nervousness in your stomach. The knock echoed through the halls, Erwin's voice following.

"You may come in."

You slowly entered the spacious office to be met with not only Erwin, but Hange, Nile, Petra, and a woman you did not know with short hair and round glasses. They were all sat down at an oval table, significantly smaller compared to the one inside the meeting room, with one chair on the other side - reserved just for you.

lovely.

You try to show no signs of nervousness, but your knees could not stop shaking nor the constant urge to fiddle with your fingers. You couldn't help but look at the ground as well as you walked, knowing they all eyed you intensely at this moment. As you sit down, you lifted your gaze to finally meet theirs, your lips pressed together and your eyes serious.

Erwin shifts in his seat, unsure how to begin this conversation, "Ms. L/n, thank you for coming."

not like i had a choice.

You nod, "Of course."

"This is Rico Brzenska," Erwin says as he motions towards the woman with blonde hair, who had a rather intimidating stare on her face, "She is head of human resources, as well as Levi's publicist." You looked towards her, nodding. Her face stayed still, arms crossed as she met your gaze, making your look away.

"So, we are here to discuss the relationship between you and Levi," Erwin responds. You gulped, "Okay."

"Are you willing to answer some questions, Y/n?" Hange says in a sympathetic tone. You nod once again, knowing you really didn't have a choice. There was no stalling, no avoiding, no running away from this one.

"The video that was shown during the conference was of the banquet a few months back," Erwin begins as he shuffles some papers, "Is this when your relationship with Mr. Ackerman first begin, or prior to this?"

"No."

"No?" Rico says sternly, "Then when did it begin?"

"Rico," Hange sighs, "Let's handle this situation a bit lighter."

"No, that isn't when it began," you asserted, looking at them all, "In fact, it started before I even began to work here."

"What?" they all say in unison.

"So you know Levi personally?" Petra asks.

"How long has this been going on then?" Nile adds, Hange nodding. Rico laughs out loud, Erwin giving her a glare, "Let her speak."

You shifted in your seat, "I graduated from the University of Eldia top of my class, a line of internships waiting for my choosing. I considered Fritz, Reiss, Azumabito, even Tybur," You began, your voice finally settling down, becoming firm rather than the shakiness it had before, "But during my time at college, everyone always talked about Ackerman Incorporated. It was the place to be at in the tech world, and I wanted to work for the best."

"This company was known for it's rising popularity in technology, yet no one knew a thing about who ran it," you explained, "Some CEO who stayed in the background, didn't care about publicity or being liked, compared to their competitors. Sure, I was curious of who was in charge of this place, but they must have been doing something right if it was as great as the people around me said it was."

Everyone stayed silent, all ears for whatever you had to say next, "The internship application deadline was growing closer, and I only submitted one. I placed all my bets on Ackerman."

Hange raises their brows, shocked. You give a small smile, "And now I'm here."

"I met Levi the night before my first day, at a bar. He approached me first," you reveal, the memories and the sounds of his rich voice flooding back into your mind.

"and how would you like this last day of yours to end?"

"By the way you're asking, seems like you already know the answer to that."

"I will not feel ashamed for something I chose to do in the moment," you state, your voice becoming confident as the words began to spill out easily, "I don't regret leaving with him that night, waking up in his penthouse. Not even when I saw him walk into the same conference room, realizing the man I slept with owned the damn company I worked so hard to get into. I don't regret anything that happened afterwards, not even now-"

"Then why did you continue to engage with him?" Petra interrupts you.

You raised your voice, "Because I grew to-"

You stop abruptly, your mind finally catching up to your words, "Because... I grew to care for Levi, as my boss and as someone I was in a relationship with."

"Was?" Petra asks, cocking an eyebrow. You give her glare, hating the fact that she most likely found satisfaction in all this.

"Was. I am no longer with Mr. Ackerman, and I intend to leave it that way, with or without him or I here."

The room fell silent, those words coming back to hit you in the heart.

"Okay. Thank you for your statement, Y/n," Nile says, clearing the tension. You sigh, looking back up to them.

"Erwin, I know you cannot fire me for what has happened, but I would like to take this opportunity to resign from my position here."

"Y/n-" Erwin sighs.

"No, please," you interrupt, "I believe it's in all of our best interests for me to leave. I don't want to impose any further."

"You are not imposing, please listen before you make a final decision," Erwin states, "We received a call from the government. They are launching a team of top tech employees to work for them in a federal project, their headquarters being in the capital of Marley's district. They decided to receive one employee from each chosen company, rather than just one."

"Hange and I would like to for you to go."

You couldn't believe what you just heard, making you blink slowly as your mind struggled to process it, "W-what?"

"Armin showed us the presentation, it was remarkable. You truly have a gift for this Y/n," Hange says softly, "The only other person I know that endures and works so hard for what they want, is Levi himself. I, well we," Hange clarifies as they look around at the people around them, "Won't let your potential go to waste."

"I'm sorry for what happened at the conference, but this is your chance to reclaim your reputation in this competitive world of ours. We'd like to help you out."

"I- I don't know what to say," you breathe out, your hands slightly covering your mouth, "Are you sure? All of you?"

"It would be best if you were to leave while all this dies down," Rico adds, adjusting her glasses, "How long will she be gone, Erwin?"

"Six months."

"Six months!?" you repeat, almost jumping out of your seat, "Sorry, it's just I thought it would be a shorter amount of time."

"A perfect amount of time if you ask me," Petra states, a smug expression on her face as she organizes some papers from her folder. Nile nods, "I think this is a great decision, I'm on board if everyone else is."

They all nod to each other, looking back at you to make the final call.

well, y/n?

"Okay," you nod, "I accept."

Erwin smiles, "Great. You leave in one week."

"Whew! I'm so glad this is over," Hange sighs loudly, "Was way more intense then I thought it would be."

"Oh this is far from over," Rico says as she gets up from her seat, "Now that we have this little situation solved, we can focus on what is important here — Levi."

Everyone's face grew serious at the mention of Levi, an intense aura following. Rico sighs as she sits back into her seat, crossing her leg over the other, "Here's the deal; like Y/n said, Levi is not a well known CEO, therefore, he doesn't have much support from the public. Of course they are going to side with the law," she begins, "But, because he hasn't given any reason to dislike him or the company, putting out that we believe he has been framed and will proceed with an investigation to clear his name, should keep our image intact— for now."

"I have spoken to Levi's lawyers, they are trying their hardest," Erwin responds, a solemn look in his eyes, "But they do not have much liberty when it comes to investigating, they're trying with what they have."

Your face slightly twitches as you hear what Erwin says, remembering one crucial detail. A detail about something you did last night.

about that...

"Let's just hope that's enough," Petra frowns. Everyone hums in agreement, except for you. This doesn't go unnoticed, as Hange furrows their brows, calling out to you, "You look like you have something to say, Y/n. Don't be shy, speak."

"Well," you began, "I- um-"

"Spit it out, we don't have time to waste," Rico scolds you, her eyes glaring.

"I know someone that can help... with Levi's case- and before you all say anything, I do this because Levi is my boss, and I wholeheartedly believe in his innocence. Nothing more, nothing less."

"Really, who?" Hange asks as they lean over the table, the curiosity of who this person could possibly be taking over them.

"Yes, Y/n, do tell."

Rico scoffs, "Levi is a rich CEO who happens to own, founded, and run one of the best tech companies in the country, who could you possibly know that is better than the people already on his legal team?"

"That would be me."

You all turn to face the man leaning against the door, not even noticing when he entered nor how long he was even standing there. His face was still, analyzing everyone, his gaze landing on you.

"What are you doing here?" you ask rashly.

"Did you not say this was of upmost importance?" He responds, walking towards you all. Erwin gets up from his seat, "Theo, was not expecting you to be here."

"Wait," you backtrack, "You know him, Erwin?"

"Theo Magath, one of the best private investigators in the country," Nile speaks, "Any celebrity, businessman, or CEO knows about him; the case is practically his once he's on it."

Theo chuckles, "You speak too high of me, Nile. I just..," He stays silent for a moment, his face turning serious, "Take my job seriously."

Everyone stays silent in intimidation of Mr. Magath's presence, making the tension in the room heavy once again.

"Real question is, how do you know Mr. Magath, Y/n?" Petra asks as she looks back and forth between the two of you. You both stay silent, everyone else wondering the same exact thing.

You didn't share anything in common with Theo, not even a last name. It was easy to hide the fact that he was your father, as you have done for most of your life.

It was easy to hide the fact that he was your father, even to yourself. Your parents separated when you were just five months old, and he really only supported you and your mom the only way he know how - by being as distant as he morally could be. You became okay with that, eventually.

Theo kept in touch with annual birthday letters, including some cash in the envelopes here and there. In each letter, which was definitely typed out by one of his assistants, there was a small phone number printed on the bottom, right under always reading "If I am absolutely needed."

They became less frequent once you turned eighteen, the last one you received was a graduation gift. How he found out you even attended college, let alone the University of Eldia, was something you didn't want to know. After all, he was just going his job, a damn good job at that.

The money was put into your student loans, and as for the letters, though you hate to admit it, you kept them in a small little shoe box up in the top shelf of your closet. It felt wrong to throw them away, though no one would blame you if you did.

The amount of times you've read that phone number down on the bottom of each letter made it practically impossible to forget, even if you had tried, and you definitely did try to. It was no use, your brain decided for you that it was important, despite you swearing you'd never call it.

Looking back now, you thanked that brain of yours, for going against your stupid pride. If only it had done the same when everything went to shit.

"That's not what's important right now," You deflect the question, "Look, Mr. Magath is here now and is willing to help, please let him work on this case. Levi needs all the support we can get him."

Theo stared at you intently, how your voice pleaded with desperation, not caring how unprofessional it may seem. It was definitely out of character, everyone in the room knew that, especially you.

"If you allow me to, I can help with this case. I have worked with similar cases of murder fraud and defamation, if you would like to see," he says as he hands Erwin a file. Erwin looks through it, his once furrowed eyes now widening with each paper he skimmed.

"The truth is, you won't find anyone better than me. There isn't a case i've been on where it hasn't gone my way. Whether I'm the foe or the ally, that's for you to decide."

He hands the file to Rico, who does the same. She coughs before speaking, "I'll let Levi's lawyers know you'll be on the case."

"Oh, that was quick," Theo ponders, "I have more files–"

"No that is alright!" Rico raises her voice reassuringly. She gets up from her seat, "Thank you, sir. We'll keep in touch."

Rico walks towards the door, "I should get back to work, there's obviously a lot to be done," she sighs, stopping right in front of you, looking down at your slightly frightened face, "Try not to cause any scandals in Marley... good luck."

Her voice became soft at the end, making you smile gently. Rico was not a rude person, she was just doing what she was hired for. You thanked you greatly front the bottom of your heart for saving what little reputation you had left.

Rico, Petra, and Nile leave, unsure if you were dismissed just yet. Erwin sits down, a grin appearing in his face, "When you talked about having a genius daughter, I was not expecting it to be Ms. L/n, Nile."

he talks about me?

"Me either," Hange nods, making you even more confused than before. Your eyes turn to Theo, "You talk about me?"

"It's easier to support from afar," Theo replies, walking towards the skyline window in front of you all, staring outside.

"We should leave you two," Hange speaks for themself and Erwin, nodding their head to the door. Erwin nods understanding, both of them leaving quietly.

"Chemical engineer, that's quite the profession."

"You know what I do, why am I not surprised?" you scoff. You stand up from your seat, your face turning weary as you rub your arm nervously, "....Was that true," you paused, "What you said?"

Theo raises his brows slightly, turning to face you, "What part?"

"That no one is better than you. That you'll be his ally, and you'll bring him back to-" you quit your ramble, Theo noticing a hint of desperation in your voice once again, "That you'll bring him back to the company."

"Tell me Y/n, do you truly believe Mr. Ackerman is innocent?"

You give Theo a glare, "What kind of question is that? I know he is."

Theo doesn't respond immediately. No, to your surprise, he gives you a gentle smile, "Then yes, what I said is true."

"I'll begin as soon as I can, starting with Levi's whereabouts the days before, and the days after Willy's death. Bank accounts, location, phone call history, chauffeur services, company files, and whatever the secretary has on him too," he says nonchalantly, making you slightly creeped out at how he was just able to easily obtain all this information.

"I'll look into what I can from Willy's side, too. Not one minute will go under the radar. Not a single one."

You stared, unsure on what to say next. Theo was serious at the moment, his eyes passionate for the work he does. Although you'd never tell him out loud, you truly did admire your father, despite the flaws he had in fatherhood — he was diligent, respected and was known as the best at what he loved the most, his career. In a way, he was everything you strived to be.

i guess we both have that in common.

There was a long silence after, you two not knowing what to say to each other. This may have been the first time you two were near each other for longer than a minute, a new feeling for the both of you. Despite you both feeling the same awkwardness, the silence was not unwelcoming — it felt rather peaceful.

"Thank you, Theo," you spoke with your voice trembling, "Truly, thank you. Levi actually has a good chance of getting out of this hell," you sigh as you thank your father, your eyes genuine and full of appreciation, "This couldn't have been possible without you."

The thankfulness wasn't forced, it came out rather naturally, as it derived from the bottom of your heart.

Theo stays silent, a small smile forming on his face. Though you two have never truly had the proper father-daughter relationship, right now it felt as if you could count on him forever. You both look out the skyline window, showing the whole city of Paradis, the sky full of hope for the days to come.

"You love him."

Your breath hitched.

"What?"

"You love him," Theo repeats himself softly, "Don't you, Y/n?"

For some odd reason, you fought the tears in your eyes that were wanting to come out when his words finally settled in, "Why would you say that?" you awkwardly laughed it off, "He's my boss, I was only helping in any way I could."

Theo let's out a small hm, finding your response amusing.

"I know, about the... situation."

Your eyes widen at his words, not being able to find the courage to look at him, because it meant this moment was real. Looking at Theo, would be looking at the realization of what you truly felt. You were scared of that, scared of letting it feel real, this powerful underlying feeling you've had in your heart since the moment you laid eyes on Levi.

"Never, in your twenty three years of living, have you ever asked me for anything," he began, "Yet, you didn't hesitate when it came to him. You don't just do that for bosses, or mere flings at that, Y/n," Theo pauses, "It's something I admire from you. Something I just didn't have."

"And what's that?" you mutter your eyes fixated on the view outside, your body trembling.

"To do whatever it takes, putting all pride, fears, judgement, even your own desires aside... for the person you love."

His words made your lips quiver, the tears winning the battle, successfully running down your cheeks.

"I do," you manage to say as you choke on your words, finally smiling sincerely for the first time in a while, "I love him."

i love him.

Those words. Those three words. They came out so smoothly, so truthfully. It felt natural, instinctual even. In that moment upon saying them out loud, they unleashed the greatest epiphany;

You are wholeheartedly, without any doubt in the world, deeply in love with Levi Ackerman.

You bit your lip as you began to cry uncontrollably, "God, I love him so much. So so much."

You crashed into your father's chest as he awkwardly wrapped his arms around you. As you violently cried into his chest, his hands rub your back in attempts to comfort you, "I know, it's okay."

"It's not," you say against his chest between sniffles, "I ruined it."

Theo places his chin on top of your head, some sort of hidden fatherly instinct suddenly kicking in, "Why do you say that?"

"Because I told him I didn't," you cried, "His face, he was devastated. I'm such a horrible person."

"I didn't put my stupid pride aside. I was too scared of what others might have thought, that I ruined the most beautiful thing I have ever felt. I let fear overcome that, and I regret it so much."

"I said such cruel things, Dad. I could feel my heart break with every single lying sentence I said. What good was it if I knew the words I spoke were lies, if Levi didn't?"

You finally calm yourself down, feeling some sort of relief in being able to say all of this out loud. Theo sighs, "I'm afraid the pride comes from my side, your mother must have had a time raising you."

You laugh, making him chuckle, "Yeah, she did."

"You can still tell Levi your lies, he deserves to know the truth. Give yourself that peace, Y/n. Go visit him, make things right."

You release yourself from his arms, shaking you head and hands frantically, "No no no, I can't do that. How could I see him so soon?"

"Okay, then write to him," Theo suggests, "You are worthy of being loved, and if that love comes from the unlikeliest of people," he says awkwardly, "Then so be it."

You relax your brows, Theo's words filling your mind with thoughts. You cross your arms, pondering in silence.

writing to him?

how do i even start?

He hands you an envelope before leaving, not saying a word to you. You grab it, him heading out the door. Before closing it, he calls out to you,

"Don't defy what is meant to be."

You nod, him nodding back as he closes the door, leaving you all alone. You begin to rip open the envelope, expecting the same old letter. As you read it, a small smile grew on your face.

if you need anything. -Theo

(xxx) xxx-xxx

You stare at the new phone number, this time willingly wanting to remember it.

"Didn't expect to see you today," Zeke sighs, "No one saw you, correct?" he asks as he pours himself another drink, staring at his shelves full of awards, pictures of the family, and many other egotistical possessions.

"Correct."

"Good. Where to?"

"Marley, six months."

"Perfect, then let's give her a warm welcome" he smirks, his eyes gleaming through his glasses with malice, "After all, she is my next prize."

-
wonder who...

hi hello, college is keeping me away from you guys :(

+ i apologize for any typos or mistakes

Thank you for reading, see you in the next one (which will have our favorite guy) <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.5K 1.8K 23
{Smut Warning!} As a single father, the last thing on Levi's mind was dating again. But he couldn't resist it when he saw the new CEO of the company...
96.2K 1.4K 36
๐–ฅป levi x reader oneshots แœŠ โคทโ€งโ‚Šหš aot & modern world โŠฐ - fluff to angst ๐Ÿงพ โ tw: graphic violence, language, sensitive topics โž เผบ artist of cover on t...
97.9K 3K 43
*โ™กโˆž:๏ฝก.๏ฝกใ€€ใ€€๏ฝก.๏ฝก:โˆžโ™ก* "๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ?" "๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ." reader based & college A/U. HIGHEST RATI...
874K 19.8K 42
COVER ART CREDS; redwarrior3 on tumblr :) In modern Paradis, you've joined the survey corps three months ago, and thought you've met everyone, until...