πŽππ„ ππˆπ†π‡π“ | AUSTIN B...

By goldeninn

"Things you want, I'm not lookin' for" NSFW Mature Content. πŸ”ž contains profanity, mentions of drugs/alcohol... More

CAST
playlist πŸ–€
introduction.
chapter one | strangers
chapter two | cherry waves
chapter three | confusion
chapter four | redemption (NSFW)
chapter five | lady
chapter six | surprise
chapter seven | gone
chapter eight | crave (NSFW)
chapter nine | more than friends
chapter ten | your girl (NSFW)
chapter eleven | jealousy
chapter thirteen | sunshine
chapter fourteen | poison (NSFW)
chapter fifteen | wedding date
chapter sixteen | home (NSFW)
chapter seventeen | scorpio
chapter eighteen | the interview (NSFW)
chapter nineteen | christmas
chapter twenty | home (NSFW)
chapter twentyone | mykonos
chapter twentytwo | finale

chapter twelve | regret

3.5K 79 79
By goldeninn

Austin's POV:

I planted a kiss on Alina's head before leaving for work this morning. She is the heaviest sleeper I have ever met, she never even budges.

I take the scenic route until I make my way to the set. It should be an easier day today, just a lot of rehearsing. Baz was making us practice the night Priscilla and Elvis share in Germany again. We had already filmed in but Baz didn't think it was a good take.

"Austin, I don't know if something is distracting you, but you aren't selling it to me. I need to see chemistry between you two or it's not going to be believable. Priscilla was the love of Elvis' life and right now you don't make it look like that."

Of course I'm being distracted, all I can think about is Alina.

"I'm not sure what you're trying to imply Baz."

"I'm saying that you've got to send that girl that you've got running around here- home. You need to focus. This isn't a request either, it's an order."

My heart is shattered. If I had to rehearse the scene where Priscilla leaves Elvis, I could earn an Oscar right now.

I don't know how I'm going to tell her. She is the only thing keeping me sane and makes me feel normal while I'm going through this. This movie role has taken a complete toll on my mental health and she is the only reason I keep going.

I'm dreading having to go home and talk to Alina.

Alina's POV:

7:00 p.m. hits and Austin's car makes its way into the driveway.

"Hi angel." I smile as he walks in.

"Hey darlin'." Austin says softly kissing the top of my head.

My heart melts every time I hear his voice.

"I need to talk to you." He says with his eyes closed.

My heart now sinks into my core.

"What's wrong?"

"Baz says you need to go back to California." He says softly now looking at me. "He thinks I'm being distracted."

"I knew I wasn't wanted there. I'm sorry." I begin slightly pacing around the kitchen.

Austin breaks the moment of silence with a deep sigh. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have dragged you into this. But I promised you I'm going to take care of you and I'm not going to break that promise."

He pulls me into his arms and next thing I know a lump in my throat forms and I have no choice but to let the tears fall from my eyes.

"I will be back to California in a couple months. I promise I'll never leave you alone after that."

I have no words.

I begin packing everything as my unexpected stay is cut short. Austin purchases my ticket back home for the next day.

*

Neither of us slept last night. We laughed, made love, cried, and talked about our future until the sun rose.

Austin slams the trunk after he finished putting all of my bags into it.

"Thank you for bringing me here." I say softly as he enters the car.

"I'm sorry you have to leave so early." He squeezes my thigh as he reverses out of the driveway.

"Aunt Maya will be at the airport tomorrow to pick you up okay?"

I smile at him and nod. I just want to savor the way his side profile looks as he drives, his bicep flexing as he moves the steering wheel, and the feeling of his fingers on my skin.

After a very sad drive to the airport, Austin'
walks me as far as he can into the airport. He pulls me in for a hug and then cups my face with his hands.  He rubs the tears off my face with his thumbs before kissing me.

"Have a safe flight 'Lina. I'll see you soon."

I hold him just a bit longer before giving him a last kiss. He rubs my chin with his thumb wiping the last of my tears away before walking away.

A couple hours have passed of my very long flight and I get a notification on my phone.

These fuckers are so quick.

We do look really good together though, I can't lie.

I stare at the picture and smile just picturing being back in his arms. I think I love him. I think I'm in love with him.

Many hours pass on the flight and I finally make it back to LAX.

Maya greets me at the baggage claim with a big smile on her face.

"Hi sweet girl." She pulls me in for a hug.

"Thank you for coming to get me Maya."

"No problem, kid."

We collect my luggages and start heading back to Austin's condo. Well I guess my condo now too. God, that's so weird to say.

"He'll be back soon sweetie, if you need anything you give me a call. I'm not far." Maya says as we say our goodbyes at the entrance of the condominiums.

I finally make it inside to see that they have already started the remodel. All of the furniture is basically gone except for the bed.

I sit down on the edge and grab my phone from my bag to call Austin.

"Hi babygirl." I hear on the other line, his voice raspy like he had just been awaken.

"I'm sorry, I forgot about the time difference, I didn't mean to wake you up."

He chuckles. "I'm guessing you made it home okay?"

"I did. Now get some rest. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Alina."

"Yes Austin?"

"I wanted to tell you yesterday.. 

Theres either a pause for dramatic effect or his service sucks.

"...that I love you."

My heart drops. The knives in my stomach feel like they are going to rip through my skin.

"I love you too." I say softly.

"I'll see you soon." He says before hanging up the phone.

I hold the phone to my chest and plop myself down. I can't believe this is my life now. I close my eyes and fall into a deep sleep as I imagine myself being with Austin again.

*

I wake up to a loud knock on the door. I look over to the alarm clock on the night stand that reads 7:30 A.M. I groan and roll myself out of bed.

I look through the peep hole on the door to see about five big men standing with stacks of boxes. A small woman standing in front of them holding a clipboard.

"Hi- how can I help you?" I open the door slowly.

"Hi Mrs. Butler. We're the moving company your husband contracted, we're here to set up your furniture." She smiles at me.

"Oh I'm not Austin's wife. My name is Alina Florence. But please come in. Thank you so much." I reply opening the door all the way.

"Of course, my apologies, Ms. Florence. Please just let me know where you would like everything."

I directed the men back and forth across the condo telling them my vision and how I wanted everything placed.

They unloaded boxes of my personal items and the things we bought Australia.

I direct them through each room they unpack, making them move whatever I didn't like.

"Would you guys like some coffee?"

"If you wouldn't mind, Ms." One of the men say as he puts down the last chair from the dining room set down.

I hand each one a cup of coffee as I express my gratitude to each.

Only a couple hours had passed and they were already making their way out. I hand each one of them a tip from the cash Austin had snuck into my bag.

I fill the walls with mirrors with gold frames and antique photos. I snap some pictures and text them to Austin.

I tried to call Robin to bring her up to speed but no answer.

I pull out my laptop and scroll through every job search website I can find. I guess I'm going to have to find something else to do with my time now.

An ad pop up for Maya's book store saying she is looking for a temporary cashier. I immediately call her.

"Hi sweet pea." She answers.

"Hi Maya, I was just calling to see if you were still hiring? I lost my job before I left to Australia and I can't seem to find anything. Maybe I can help around the bookstore. It will definitely help me keep my mind off of things."

"Of course! It is temporary though. We have a cashier on maternity leave right now, so you would only be working for a couple months."

"That's perfectly fine with me. Thank you so much Maya."

We exchange goodbyes after she tells me I start in two days.

I call Austin to tell him the good news but no answer. I keep forgetting about our time difference.

**

I work a couple shifts at the bookstore before finally getting comfortable enough to be there on my own.

I spend more time then I should here even when my shift is over. I like to go sit in Austin's room and listen to the records he left behind.

The more the days pass, the more my communication with Austin begins to dwindle. We can't really speak due to time differences and work schedules.

I get a call from Robin which is weird since it's too early for her to even be awake.

"Early bird gets the worm?" I answer.

"You're funny. Not. I was just calling to see if you've seen twitter recently?"

"No I haven't. What's going on?"

"Alina, there's headlines about Austin and his costar dating."

"You're lying.." I whisper in shock.

"No I wish I was. I'm sorry. I thought you knew."

My heart shatters once again. It hurts worse than when I left him in Australia. I scroll through twitter to see pictures of them cozied at dinner together and even a picture of Olivia holding Austin's arm as they walk through the city.

I can't believe I was stupid enough to think this would work.

I call Austin and of course he doesn't answer.

I hear the voicemail tone and I can't help but cry.

"Austin, please call me."

I throw my phone down and burst into more tears. I can't help but hyperventilate as I cry. I can't control my breathing. I feel like I'm drowning.

I feel sick and lost and there's nothing I can do about it.

Austins face pops up on my phone as it rings.

I answer but do not say anything.

"Alina?"

I continue not to say anything but try to control my hiccups from crying.

"I'm sorry Alina. I messed up."

He knows what he did. I was hoping it would be a misunderstanding but it's not.

"I'm so stupid to think you meant it when you said you loved me."

"Alina please don't say that. I do love you. It was a mistake. Baz was saying we didn't have any chemistry and made us go out together."

"Of course. I don't know why I trusted you. I'm packing my bags and I'm leaving the condo. You won't ever hear from me again. I promise."

"Alina stop. Where are you gonna go? You are not leaving." He scolds me.

"I'll figure it out." I hang up.

He calls again and i immediately decline it. I call my mom and cry to her.

"Mamita, I know it hurts. You need to come home. Please." She says on the other line.

She's right. I do need to come home.

I sit and enjoy my tub for the last time. As I soak, I call Maya and apologize to her that I have to go to Florida. I didn't explain what happened.

I scroll through all my pictures with Austin, all the videos of him doing something stupid that I just had to record, I can't help but cry.

He's called me three times since our last time speaking today. I can't stand to hear his voice again. That's really going to break me.

**

I packed what I could and bought a ticket to Florida last night. I left Austin's card on his nightstand. I don't belong here anymore. I'm going to miss Robin but she has other friends.

I board my flight and arrive to Florida six hours later. I did not miss the smell of the airport or the humidity outside of it. I take in the Florida sun as I wait outside for my cousin Leia to come pick me up.

That's the only good thing about Florida, is that my giant crazy family always has my back no matter what.

I hear a honk as a white car pulls up next to me. Leia rolls down her window and yells "Welcome home!"

I'm back to square one now. Cheers to new beginnings.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

518 1 10
⚠️TW. mentions rape, suicide, drug addiction, sex, smoking, alcohol, death, depression, anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder, and abuse⚠️ Her best frie...
507K 7.7K 129
"I don't only want you for parts of you, I want you for all of you babygirl" This is story is how you {y/n} fall in love with your new neighbour Pay...
981 157 52
BEST RANKINGS #1 best seller #10 online dating #20 Covid-19 *************************** Fucking virus. It has all the world upside down. And I w...
192K 1.9K 46
Includes: imagines, smut, fluff, etc. If there are any grammar mistakes, I apologize in advance. *I do not own the rights to anyone I write about, on...