Lost in the Fog

By The_Nocturnal_Raven

A broken, powerless soul is lost to an unnatural fog. A cycle of pain and torment allows him to eventually be... More

A Fracture of Pain
New Struggles and Saviours
Respite From the Dark
A Chill Wind Over the Night
Death is Not An Escape
Frenzied Thoughts
Darkness Among Us
The Path Less Travelled
Tormented Without Choice
Reinforced Resolve
Cursed with New Power
Condemnation
Cursed with Empathy
A Glimpse of the Other Side
Escalation
The Doctor is IN
Misplaced Trust
The Mentor's End
The Twisted Masquerade
The Twisted Masquerade Continues
A New Path Ahead
What it is That Came Before
Trickster's Paradise
The Alchemist's Workshop
The Spider's Nest
A Glimmer of Hope
The Gamble
"What happened to you?"
Projected Impacts
A Date of Importance
Beginning of Resistance
First Day
Home Away From Home
Finally Catching Teachers up to Speed
How Tragedy Bleeds Reality
Capture a Lullaby
Izuku's Report
Burnin' Questions
The New Glyph
Flight of the Fugitive
Rest
Jailbreak
Interruption
Looming Darkness
An Average Saturday
Stalkers in the Shadows
Lost and Found
Sports & Slaughter
Aftermath
Test of Intention
The Truth
Three Lost Kids
Why am I here?
Brought to the Light
An Edge for Victory
Forged by Fog
Preparations
The Impact of Choice
Punching the Pack
Missing the Little Things...
War on the Horizon
From the Fog
War of the Fog
Final Embers of Hope
THE Decisive Strike
Humanity's Resilience
Entity's Aftermath
Birth of An Imperium

Not so Smooth Sailing...

1.5K 50 2
By The_Nocturnal_Raven

Izuku was unable to see when he entered the blinding light of the portal. He made a silent promise to those he was leaving behind. I promise I'll come back for you. However, he wasn't really able to focus on that promise for long...

It was after the unnatural light faded that he felt warm sunlight. This was unlike the blistering heat of Coldwind, or cold light of the moon. This was a gentle, heartwarming sensation... and it made him relax for a split second... before he heard shouting all around him. He didn't know where he was, and so took in the surroundings as quickly as possible. Instincts He was in the middle of a courtyard, close to a large set of stairs. A man wearing black was running down them, in an attempt to head off group near the fountain. There were children up at the top of the stairs he came from. A teacher and his students? But why does he look like a hobo? I am so confused... 

However, he was snapped out of it when the fighting started. The group and the hobo were running to his position... and the many aimed their quirks at both the man and Izuku... and so, he quickly used the Auris to project a shield to protect himself. Their quirk's attacks harmlessly bounced off, but Izuku knew that he was not going to last long. He'd just held off the ENTITY, and this could put his mental strain into the red. He planned to leave when the man stepped in front of him, and told him "I don't know who you are, but you seem to be wrapped up in this just like we are. I am a certified hero. Get to safety."

Izuku finally recognized who this hero was. Eraserhead. He was actually free. Tearing with joy, he was about to comply when the leader of the group of villains, sent a large beast barreling towards them. It had an exposed brain, but it would crush them both.

So, he put up a shield using the Auris. When the blow hit it, dust was kicked up into the air, obscuring the vision of everyone... for a few moments. When it cleared, everyone was amazed as Izuku cupped an object in between his hands, and channeled its energy out to a protective barrier. The lead villain was enraged: "You... you NPC! How dare you stop Nomu!"

Eraserhead was surprised, although he didn't show it. "Kid, you can't put yourself in danger like this!"
Izuku didn't respond, focusing on maintaining the barrier. Eventually the effort behind the blow dissipated, so he was able to lower it. Fatigued, the greenette knew he was running on fumes at this point, and so, he started to retreat back when another villain approached from behind. He was one of the group that had initially attacked, and so Izuku acted out of reflex, barreling into them and knocking them into the stairs. They crumbled under the weight of force, and Izuku ran away, towards the stairs. My perks work here! It was then that he saw purple mist go past. Not fog, but something different. It was the lieutenant of the villains, who sped up to the top.

Izuku ignored as he gave a speech and just ran to the exit, to the shock of the others. He acted quickly, without hesitation, and the Auris tight in his grip. Escape! The Gate! Must Open! HELP OTHERS!

However, when he reached the gate, he found it sealed shut. Large metal doors stopping any exit, primarily designed to keep whatever scenarios happening on the inside from going out, or vice versa. However, it was the biggest barrier to getting help. Mind frantic, he focused the power of the Auris... not for creation, as it was too mentally taxing, but to brute force the door.

Straining, he made the motion to open it, pulling his hands apart, as if he was directly opening it. And as everyone watched, he was actually being successful. Millimeter by millimeter, the reinforced doors, designed to withstand even the strongest of villains, was being breached by a kid smaller than most of them. Snapping out of it, a kid wearing armor, with engines on their calves, en route to his position, hopefully to assist.

Or, at least, that was whata Izuku thought would happen. Instead, he got reprimanded.

"Who are you? Why are you here!"

Izuku, still focused on the door, spoke in disbelief. "Is now the time?! We have to prioritize safety, and getting this gate open is the best way to do that!" He spat one last line. "If you can't help in that way, get prepared to run through! This thing is going to snap shut once I let go. Ready?"

The bluette considered his options, then realizing he was the best choice for this, agreed.

"Good..." The door was wide enough for the taller boy to squeeze through, but he didn't want to risk it. "I'll hold it as wide as I can, as long as I can. When you get out, run like your life depends on it!"

The armored boy, realizing what he was trying to do, nodded in compliance, "Right!"

Izuku pushed the doors further apart, and the armor wearing kid went right through, and out. The mist villain only realized their plan too late, so he tried to chase after him, but Izuku let the door slam shut.

Panting, Izuku looked over at the villain. He then put on a slightly deranged grin. "A bit late on the uptake, there."

"No matter, child. You'll die just like the hero class. And it will be painful."

He was then surprised to hear him laugh... and he laughed maniacally. Izuku actually laughed at what the murderous mist man said. "If a demented god couldn't kill me, what makes you think you can?"

Iida Tenya followed the strange boy's advice. He wasn't one of the villains, and helped him get out. To get help. And so, he bolted in a beeline towards UA's main campus. He almost made it when a unique black car pulled over, and a man called out to him. "Iida?"

"Who are you?"
"I am Toshinori Yagi, I work with Allmight. Aren't you supposed to be at the USJ?"

"Of course! There are villains currently attacking the facility. I've been sent to get help, since they jammed the alarms!"

The gaunt man paled even more than he already was. "I see! I'll go ahead and get Allmight to arrive! Continue to UA, and get the other heroes involved!" The man put on a determined face and put his foot to the pedal, speeding towards the facility. If he can get Allmight, then things won't be a problem! But still, he's right, I should get all the help I can!

When Toshinori arrived, he powered up, and smashed his was inside. He honestly expected the worst. What he did not expect was seeing a ghost. Or someone who might as well be one, holding back three villains... with presumed telepathy. They were pinned, but he was barely keeping them there. Toshinori was aware of the missing persons case of Izuku Midoriya, the phantom child, or at least what the police dubbed him as. He was declared missing, and he was on the case, due to his apprehension of the sludge villain. That dastardly villain claimed that he did attack the kid, but that he vanished in an unnatural fog... which was not his quirk. His mother was so concerned because he did not have one... and yet, here he did. But Allmight could tell he was struggling, so he proclaimed, "I AM HERE!"

Everyone noticed at this point. But it was no use for most of them, as he went down quickly to assist the kid.

"Need a hand?"
"Allmight! Knock out the blue haired one! The big one will stop without instruction, as it seems like a puppet!"

"Got it!" The number one hero quickly sped to the middle man, the one indicated. When he met the villains gaze for a second, noting their utter hatred for him, and clocked him in the head. It slammed him into the ground, immediately knocking him out. Just as he described, the big, muscled one didn't move a muscle. However, hat allowed him to look back at Izuku. "Would you like me to take care of that one?"
"I... I got it. But you should check on everyone else. I don't know how large the class is, but I don't think it was only 5."
"You're right!" He ran away, to search for more students in need. It seems like he doesn't need any help so far... I'm just glad he's alive. I heard so many good things about him, I'll have to chat later...

Izuku waited for Allmight to leave before speaking to the mist villain. "You're not human. You feel off, like an undead similar to Rin Yamaoka... or Sadako. You've also chosen your side, so I won't feel bad for this. It's nothing personal. Just survival."
Using a similar motion to the door, but with much less resistance, he tore the helpless villain's metal neck brace apart. The smoke cleared, revealing a Frankensteinian experiment. The light in its eyes died as its back tore open, the remaining metal brace forced out. Bone shards flew out the back due to the sudden force, and implanted lungs were destroyed in an explosion of dark blood. When Izuku was sure that he was dead, he dropped the body, before wobbling a moment. I... the adrenaline... Before he knew it, his eyes drooped and he collapsed... to unconsciousness.

He was back, hopefully for good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.7K 2.7K 38
Izuku dies during one of his suicide attempts, but there is an afterlife. Now Izuku roams among the living as a ghost. One day while following bakugo...
634 60 31
Afterlife (Part 1/3) Midoriya Izuku was born quirkless, useless, and a waste of space. An outcast of society. And with his dreams and hopes shattered...
87.6K 2.3K 23
Izuku is quirkless. In a world of heroes and villains, he has no power. But when everything continues to go against him, he rises above through his o...
610K 21K 55
Izuku Midoriya had everything a 4-year-old child could wish for. He had a family, a home and a quirk that was like no other. Thanks to a tragic and v...