โ—‡ ๐”—๐”ž๐”ฏ๐”ฑ๐”ž๐”ฉ๐”ฆ ๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ข ๐”ฐ๐”ฅ๏ฟฝ...

By Grvekxxper

On a small hiatus,, - Book cover credit; @/kirisaika on Twitter! More

๐”—๐”ž๐”ฏ๐”ฑ๐”ž๐”ฉ๐”ฆ
๐’ซ๐“‡โ„ด๐“…โ„ด๐“ˆ๐’ถ๐“
โ„ณโ„ด๐’นโ„ฏ๐“‡๐“ƒ ๐’ถ๐“Š
๐”ป๐•’๐•ฅ๐•–
๐•ฑ๐–Š๐–Š๐–‘๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œ๐–˜
แถœแต˜แตˆแตˆหกแต‰หข
๐“๐“ญ๐“ธ๐“น๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท
๏ผช๏ฝ…๏ฝ๏ฝŒ๏ฝ๏ฝ•๏ฝ“๏ฝ™
๊œฑษชแด„แด‹
๐ƒ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐š๐๐ž
ั•ั‚ฮฑัgฮฑzฮนฮทg
๏ผณ๏ฝ”๏ฝ’๏ฝ…๏ฝ๏ฝ๏ฝ‰๏ฝŽ๏ฝ‡
๊œฑแด›ส€แด‡แด€แดษชษดษข แด˜แด›.2
๐š‚๐š๐š›๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š–๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š™๐š.๐Ÿน
แ ป๊ชถ๊ชฎแญ™๊ซ€แฅ… แฅดแฅ…๊ชฎแญ™๊ช€แฆ“
สึ…สŠีผษข สŸึ…ส‹ษ›
๐™ถ๐š˜๐š˜๐š๐š‹๐šข๐šŽ ๐š”๐š’๐šœ๐šœ๐šŽ๐šœ
๐‹๐จ๐ง๐  ๐๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž
๐”น๐•š๐•ฃ๐•ฅ๐•™๐••๐•’๐•ช ๐•“๐• ๐•ช
ยขะฝั”ฮฑั‚ฮนะธg
แต€แต‰แตƒแถœสฐแต‰สณหข แต–แต‰แต—
ฦ’ฮนัั•ั‚ ั‚ฮนะผั”ั•

๐™ฝ๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š› ๐š๐š›๐šž๐š•๐šข ๐šข๐š˜๐šž๐š›๐šœ

814 20 5
By Grvekxxper

Hi! Please don't expect much from me in the future,, I just missed writing ngl.
Have fun reading!
Remember that English isn't my first language so I apologise for the mistakes :)
Modern au because I'm craving for it lmao

Childe PoV;

The day me and Zhongli met, was the day I felt weird. But in a good way.
Like there was this special thing between us.
We just clicked the second we got to know each other. It just felt like we've been knowing each other for decades.
Maybe we did know each other from different universes.
Guess we'll never really know.

I loved everything about him.
The way he talked, the way he looked at me, the way he styled his hair and the way he always knew what to say on different occasions.
He was smart, a clever guy, I envied this about him.
Not that I'm dumb but he was a different kind of smart. The ones you usually read about or see in TV shows.
It always felt like he knew everything. Even the smallest and dumbest things.

Zhongli was this kinda guy everyone wanted to be friends with.
He was kinda popular amongst students.
He was even the teachers favourite but in a good way.
He's kind, polite, and always has a helping hand for another.
He cared a lots about other people, especially the ones he was close with.

Everyone wanted to be friends with him, lots of people confessed to him too even tho they barely knew him.
I'd lie when I'd say I wasn't crushing on him before I got to know him.
What can I say? He is quite a handsome guy.
We shared different classes together, in one we even sat next to each other.
He always gave me this gentle and sweet smile whenever I entered the class.
A small dimple was always seen when he did it. It was cute and endearing.

One day we had to partner up for a project for that certain class together and since then we became friends. Close friends. We were flirting together every now and then. It was a funny little game. One we both participated in with pleasure.
One we both played to the very end.

It was almost time to get that project done.
We would meet at my house today.
Luckily Mom and Dad decided to visit my grandparents today with my siblings so we'd be alone.
It was weekend too so I thought I might use my chance and ask him out today.
He came around 7 pm to mine and we worked on the project until 9 pm.
I brought him to the front door.

"You know, you could sleep at mine today, my parents aren't here and it's kinda late..."
I said

He looked at me, smiled kindly.

"Ah, that'd be lovely really but I better head home today, maybe another time, if you're up to it."

I nodded.
"Yeah, sounds great, maybe we could even watch a movie together?"

He nodded, a grin appeared on his face.

"Sounds like fun!"
He said enthusiastically.

I chuckled.
"Alright then, good night I suppose?"

"Yeah, good night Ajax"
He leaned forwards, his face few inches away from mine, he kissed my cheek and then left.

I stood there, struck, I don't know what to do besides touching the cheek he just kissed.
I knew just from how warm my cheek felt that a blush creeped up onto my face.
I sighed.
He'll be the death of me.

Weeks passed, we had this presentation we both worked together for, we got good feedback and a good grade.
Things couldn't have gone better with that class to be honest.

Zhongli and I did spend more time together after that.
We did had that sleepover together.
We cuddled while watching a movie together, more like I just wrapped an arm around him and he leaned into the touch and wrapped his arm around my waist.
It was lovely.

We even kissed. And the first time those heavenly lips touched mine I was sure, I'd get addicted to them.
They were soft and plump. And they swelled whenever we kissed.
I was in heaven and never felt so in love like I did right now.
Everything just felt so right and natural like it belonged that way.

However a few weeks after some dates and make out sessions, his whole mood changed.
He randomly started to avoid me.
And when I had the chance to talk to him he said he was busy and needed to go.
He even dropped out of the class where we sat together saying it wasn't a necessary class for him to graduate.
Everything just felt so weird.

I questioned myself sometimes, if I did something wrong but I couldn't think of anything.
It was just frustrating.
Like all he did was putting on an act and now he let it fall down.
It just hurts.

As if the spark I felt between him and me just disappeared.
Like it was never there but imagined.

The overthinking grew from week to week.
Especially when I saw him around other's, genuinely laughing, like it wasn't an act of his.
Whenever he saw me he avoided me. Sometimes he even got out of the rooms or excused himself that he had something important going on.

It was tiring and I didn't know what to do except to wait and hope things will change again.
Perhaps I need to change?
Maybe he'll like me again.
Maybe things between us will change again.
Maybe?!?!!...

I sighed.
Things won't change for sure. Especially when he's just so distant.
I can't even approach him without him saying he's busy or being around someone else.

Maybe I'm just overreacting.
Maybe he doesn't do that on purpose. Maybe he's just really busy.
Maybe...

Weeks passed and they passed so slow, it felt like I was eaten alive.
Today tho, I decided to confront Zhongli, confront him for what he did. For how I felt and how I had feelings for him.
How I thought that the thing between us was something good, something special we both obvious enjoyed.
I'll ask him why he's been avoiding me.
I'll just tell him how I really felt, hoping he would listen.
Maybe he'll say sorry?
Maybe he'll ignore me like always, I don't know...
I'm scared. I really am. I never really confessed to anyone, because I never felt this way before, only with him..
He made me feel things I didn't think I was capable to feel.

I went into the schools building, heading to my locker to get a few things before class.
When I opened my locker.
There was a note slipping out.

I picked it up and unfolded it.

"I'm sorry, things between ended so abruptly like this. I should've told you I didn't quite felt the same even tho my actions didn't speak for it.
If only people can choose the one they'll love, I would've picked you.

Never truly yours, Zhongli"

I felt how my cheeks became hotter, wet streaks poured over them.
I didn't notice how tears welled up until now.
Why...
I don't understand, why did he even flirted back? Why did he acted the way he did when he never felt the same?
Was he trying to love me?...
Or he didn't want to hurt my feelings.
I felt betrayed.
Dumb even. I closed my locker, I sighed and wiped my face with my sleeve.
I tried to calm my breathing while clutching the paper onto my chest.

Love is like a double edged sword, no matter which side you collide with, blood will always be shed.

Hope you guys enjoyed it. :)
Maybe when I feel like posting again, I could post some fluff.. idk yet.
Also did you guys already explored sumeru?
I haven't played genshin in a while, so I didn't. :)!!
Until next time
Also I've been reading lots of Soukoku ffs on ao3 so I guess I kinda got inspired.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69K 2.8K 17
"Among rivers of blood and gradient skies, only your eyes took my breath away." -The words of a man lost to Erosion or After everything, Childe, sick...
3.7K 110 21
Cover from: @fuyuni0307 on twitter This is a request from a friend of mine. I'm actually nervous about this one because I have never tried to write a...
871K 21.1K 76
(Genshin Characters x Gender Neutral Reader) A collection of one-shots featuring you and the lovely Genshin characters. ยฉ Adoriingly 2021. All Rights...
2.6K 42 14
collection of genshin impact oneshots, scenarios and head-canons. !requests open! posts regularly i do not own any of the characters, apart from y...