Really? ||Steve Harrington x...

By SheeshBeWithYou

*SLOW UPDATES* "Don't you know? Boys and girls can be friends. That's all Steve and I are. Friends." 〰️〰️〰️〰️... More

The Vanishing of Will Byers: Pt. 1
The Vanishing of Will Byers: Pt. 2
The Weirdo on Maple Street: Pt. 1
The Weirdo on Maple Street: Pt. 2
Holly, Jolly: Pt. 1
Holly, Jolly: Pt. 2
The Body: Pt. 1
The Body: Pt. 2
The Flea and the Acrobat: Pt. 1
The Flea and the Acrobat: Pt. 2
The Monster: Pt. 1
The Monster: Pt. 2
The Bathtub: Pt. 1
The Bathtub: Pt. 2
The Upside Down: Pt. 1
The Upside Down: Pt. 2
MADMAX: Pt. 1
MADMAX: Pt. 2
Trick or Treat, Freak: Pt. 1
Trick or Treat, Freak: Pt. 2
The Pollywog: Pt. 1
The Pollywog: Pt. 2
Will the Wise: Pt. 1
Will the Wise: Pt. 2
Dig Dug
The Spy: Pt. 2
The Mind Flayer: Pt. 1
The Mind Flayer: Pt. 2
The Gate: Pt. 1
The Gate: Pt. 2
Suzie, Do You Copy?
The Mall Rats
The Case of the Missing Lifeguard
The Sauna Test
The Flayed
E Pluribus Unum
The Bite
The Battle of Starcourt: Pt. 1
The Battle of Starcourt: Pt. 2

The Spy: Pt. 1

1K 27 58
By SheeshBeWithYou

"Wait a sec, how big?"

"First, it was like that." Dustin held it fingers a few inches apart from each other before making them a foot apart. "Now he's like this."

"I swear, man, it's just some little lizard, ok?" Steve spat.

"Steve, if it was just some 'little lizard' or whatever, why would we come to you for help?" I asked.

"It's not a lizard," Dustin added.

"How do you know?"

"How do I know if it's not?"

"How do you know if it's not just a lizard?" Steve repeated, his voice starting to raise.

"Because his face opened up and he ate my cat!"

"I mean, who knows, maybe Demogorgon's are lizards," I commented. "Maybe-"

"Ok, ok, I get it, Henderson."

Steve parked his car and we all went to the back. I hadn't seen 'the bat' since everything last year, and I was eager to see what it looked like now. Did it get ruined? Were there new nails on it? Was there any Demogorgon blood?

All the questions were a no, but hey, at least we had a bat. I still had my gun from earlier, stuck in my waistband, in case everything went wrong.

Steve still looked like he didn't want to be here, but he didn't run away. He followed us all the way to the storm cellar, taking the lead right before we got there. He flashed his flashlight at the thick doors, trying to get as much information as possible.

"I don't hear anything," Steve stated.

"He's in there," Dustin assured.

Steve looked at me, studying my face for any sort of betrayal. When he didn't find any, he tapped the metal. Still no sound from within. He slammed the bat against it. Nothing.

He whirled the flashlight in our faces and warned, "All right, listen Hendersons. I swear, if this is some sort of Halloween prank, you're dead."

"It's not," Dustin promised.

"All right?"

"It's not a prank!"

"Seriously, Steve, why would we joke about something this serious? We're talking about a Demogorgon, not a garden snake," I spat. "Now could you please get the flashlight out of our faces?"

Instead of removing the light, Steve asked, "You got a key for this thing?" I fished it out of my pocket and removed the lock we put on earlier, praying the Demogorgon wasn't waiting on the other side. As soon as I pulled the chains off, I backed away, gripping the gun handle.

Steve pulled on one of the handles, pulling open one of the doors. I clutched the gun tighter, waiting for something to pop out and tear our faces off. But nothing happened.

He appeared confused, too, so he opened the other door. Again, nothing came out.

Dustin and I appeared behind Steve, shining the flashlight in the cell. All it highlighted was the grimy steps and the dirty walls. No Demogorgon.

"Let me see that." Steve took the flashlight from Dustin and moved it around, highlighting the floor. Nothing there.

"He must be further down there," Dustin thought. What he really meant was we were going to actually have to go in there and look for it. "I'll stay up here in case he tries to escape."

I glared at him, about ready to call out how much of a coward he was. Steve looked at me, his eyes hopeful. With a groan, I pulled out my gun and loaded it, ready for whatever was going to happen.

Steve carefully climbed down the stairs, holding the flashlight in one hand and his bat in the other. I was right behind him, looking over his shoulder for anything that was a danger to us.

"It better not come whipping around that corner," Steve whispered, shining the light in said-direction.

"We're prepared," I muttered back, gripping my gun tighter.

We reached the bottom of the steps, my nerves even worse now. Steve flashed the light all around us, but just like before, nothing came up.

"There's a light in the middle of the room," I whispered, pointing to the single lightbulb and line. Steve nodded and crept to the middle. My hands clutched his shoulder, my legs turning to jelly. Just a few more steps, and then we would know if we lived or not.

Steve grabbed the end of the light switch and pulled it, bathing us in a faint light. Both of our eyes drifted to something in front of us. He picked it up with his bat and held it in front of us.

"You've gotta be kidding me," I spat, grossed out by the slimy skin.

"That's not the worse part," he admitted, looking elsewhere. I followed his gaze, my stomach dropping.

"Steve? Y/n?"

"No, no, no," I mumbled. "This isn't happening, this can't be happening-"

"Steve? Y/n? What's going on down there?" Dustin asked again.

Steve flashed his light up the stairs, ordering, "Get down here."

As Dustin came down the stairs, I crept closer to the hole, peering inside to see how deep it was. I couldn't even see to the end.

Dustin swore behind me, squatting beside me to look around the hole. Steve crouched on the other side, shining his flashlight inside. Even then, we still couldn't see the end.

"How far do you think it goes?" Dustin asked.

"Who knows-" My ankle gave out from under me, sending me crashing into Steve. It suddenly flared in pain, but not like what I was used to. This felt like my entire leg was on fire, times ten. A cry of pain clawed through my throat, tears stinging my eyes.

"Y/n?" Dustin asked, fear creeping in his voice. "Y/n, what's going on!?"

"It burns!" I choked.

"Y/n, where does it hurt?" Steve asked, adjusting us so my head was in his lap.

"My- my leg," I cried, clawing at the ground. Steve noticed and grabbed my hand, his own hand shaking.

"Dustin, check her ankle," he ordered, his eyes glued on my face.

"What?"

"Check her ankle!"

Dustin lifted one of my pants leg before calling out, "There's nothing wrong!"

"Check the other one!" Steve instructed.

Dustin lifted my other pant leg, repeating the same thing. "It's fine!"

The pain seemed to intensify. Both my hands were gripping Steve's, tears streaming down my face while hiccups rocked my chest.

"It's obviously not fine!" Steve snapped. "Check again! See if anything doesn't look right!"

"Which leg am I looking at!?"

"Left!" I croaked. Dustin took off my shoe and sock, carefully inspecting everything.

"Still nothing!"

"You're probably just blind!" Steve carefully put my head on the ground and joined Dustin. "What the...?" Someone gently touched my leg, running their hand from the middle of my calf to my ankle. "There is something here, dumbass!"

"I didn't know I was actually supposed to touch her!"

I wanted to pass out. The pain was beyond excruciating, and even though it was in my leg, it felt like it was spreading to other parts of my body. My vision was going in and out, along with my hearing.

"-have any-"

"I-know!"

"You're-know that?"

I was scooped up in someone's arms as we ran up the stairs. Sweat was beading on my forehead as chills ran up my spine.

"Hold-we're almost-"

I closed my eyes, and next second I knew, we were inside my house. Whoever was carrying me placed me on our living room couch, while someone stood next to me.

"Y/n-" Dustin? "-hear me?"

"Henderson!" Steve? "Where-pills?"

"Top cabinet!"

Steve's figure appeared next to Dustin, something held in each of his hands. He gave both of them to Dustin before helping me sit up, slowly and carefully. He took back the items and placed one of them in my hand. Pills.

"Y/n," he muttered, his free hand on my shoulder. "These-painkillers-help."

I popped the pills in my mouth and took the water, quickly swallowing them down. Now, we just had to wait for something to happen.

***

My alarm clock read eight thirteen. Way too early for a Sunday, especially after everything that happened last night.

The last thing I could remember was taking those painkillers. I doubted they immediately knocked me out, but still, they definitely did something.

I swung my legs over my bed and took a couple steps, tripping over something sprawled across the floor.

"The he- Steve!?"

"Yep, that's me," Steve groaned, clutching his side.

"Oh, shoot, sorry," I apologized, quickly pulling myself up to help him. I grabbed his hand and sat him at the bottom of my bed, questions starting to settle in. "What are you doing here? In my room, to be specific?"

"Ok, maybe don't word it like that," he cringed. "I was just worried about you, that's all. And by the way Dustin was acting, I guessed he had no knowledge about your little things going on, so I thought, 'Hey, at least if something happens, I have some sort of idea about what to do'."

A little smirk broke out on my face. "Aww, is Steve Harrington worried about me?"

Steve grabbed a pillow and chucked it at me, an irritated groan accompanying it. I laughed and put it back, a knock echoing throughout the house.

"Who in their right mind would be up this early?" I muttered, a little bit of worry clouding my mind. I quickly pushed that feeling away. It was probably someone from the party coming to see what was wrong.

"I mean, we're awake, so..." I grabbed the pillow and threw it back at Steve, a small smile creeping on my face. I left to go answer the door, but Dustin beat me to it.

"I'm sorry, but I have no idea who you are," he deadpanned.

"Could you please just get your sister?" a familiar voice asked, irritation creeping in his voice. My stomach dropped. Not now, of all times.

"Why would I let some stranger see my-"

"Dustin, it's fine," I sighed. "I know this guy."

Dustin glanced between us, the gears turning in his head. His eyebrows flew up when he connected the dots.

"Is he your boyfriend!?"

I ignored Dustin and gestured outside for Billy. He let me step past him as I closed the door.

"I didn't know you had a brother," he commented, his face almost relaxed. He lit a cigarette and held it in his mouth lazily. I cringed, not wanting to smell the smoke.

"Oh, uh, yeah, that's Dustin," I said, wanting to get back inside. "Such a goofball! Anyways, what brings you here?"

"Y'know, just wanted to see my girlfriend, maybe take her on a date," Billy shrugged. "I've heard Skull Rock is a pretty good spot, wouldn't you agree?"

Skull Rock. The signature Steve Harrington spot. Billy really was trying to erase everything that Steve had created. And, of course, why not do it with the girl you were convinced he liked?

Did Billy even really like me? Or was this just part of his whole plan to become 'King Billy'?

I was probably just overthinking this, especially considering how late I stayed up and how early I woke up. I just needed to take a breather and think everything through.

Of course, I wasn't going to accept that date. There was a Demogorgon on the loose, and while Skull Rock could wait a few days, this couldn't.

"I'd love to Billy, but I have so much going on today," I sighed. "I've got to finish my schoolwork from Friday, then I'm helping my mom with yardwork, and then-"

"Is that really the reason?"

My face twisted in confusion. "Yeah? Why wouldn't it be?"

Billy pointed to a car in our driveway, puffing out a bit of smoke as he did so. "Last I checked, that was Harrington's car."

"Yeah? So?" I coughed.

"Honestly, babe, I've kept giving you the benefit of the doubt. Even today, I thought that maybe your brother and him were friends. But the signs are all pointing to something else-"

"Spit it out, Billy."

"You're in love with him."

"Maybe I just had a bad morning, and Steve came to help me," I argued.

"And why wouldn't you ask me, huh? Am I not your boyfriend?"

"No, you are-"

"Well, it seems like Harrington is more of a boyfriend to you than I am."

"Maybe he is!" I spat, all anger from the past week spilling out. "Seriously, all you've been is possessive! Why am I not allowed to be friends with Steve!? It's because you're paranoid, Billy. That's all! Not because 'He's in love with me' or 'He keeps giving me lovey-dovey looks'. It's all you! Seriously, this isn't even about if you like me or not! It's about one-upping Steve! And I'm tired of it!"

"If you weren't happy with me, you could've just said something!" he roared.

"I'm saying it now!" I argued. "Stop trying to pin everything on me! Maybe you're the one at fault here!"

He looked like he was on the verge of going on a killing spree. I stood there, arms folded across my chest. I was tired of him acting like he was better than everyone else. He wasn't, and he knew it.

With an irritated groan, he dropped his cigarette on the ground and put it out with his foot. He turned around and headed to his car, but not before yelling back, "You're a whore, Henderson!"

I flipped him the bird, a smirk on my face. I slammed the front door shut before I could see what his response was.

Dustin scrambled off the couch, looking almost guilty. Steve stood in the doorway, his expression pitiful.

"Y/n-"

"Save it," I snapped. "Let's just find that monster before it hurts someone else."

***

"Dustin? This is Lucas. Do you copy? Dustin?"

As Dustin was talking to Lucas, Steve and I pulled out the equipment we were going to need. Buckets of meat, gloves, a backpack for Steve to put our snacks and his bat in, you get the idea.

"You can say 'I told you so'," I mumbled.

"What?"

"About Billy."

"Maybe in the future," Steve agreed. "Now isn't the best time."

"Because we just barely broke up?"

"Well, that, and if one of us were to die, I wouldn't want my last words to be 'I told you so'."

I burst out laughing, my spirits starting to lift. "Yeah, that's a pretty good reason."

The smile he offered made my stomach tie itself in a small knot. I quickly pushed the feeling down and turned away, pretending to focus on the equipment.

"I'll explain later," Dustin assured. "Meet me, Y/n, and Steve at the old junkyard."

"Steve?"

"And bring your binoculars and wrist rocket!"

"Steve Harrington?"

"Yes, Lucas!" I yelled.

"All right, let's go," Steve ordered. Dustin gave some last instructions to Lucas as we slipped on our gloves and grabbed a bucket.

Steve and I walked side-by-side, our arms brushing against each other every so often. Tingles ran up and down where ever we made contact, but I didn't pull away.

"So, little Henderson, why exactly did you have a dangerous creature in your room?" Steve asked, nudging Dustin.

His face froze before becoming embarrassed. I cringed at every possible thought that went through my head.

"It's- it's unimportant-"

"No, it's not," I snapped. "Don't play that game, Dustin. Just tell us what's going on."

His head was turned downwards, a blush creeping on his cheeks. "Max Mayfield. She's new here." Dustin quickened his pace so he was a few feet in front of us.

"You've gotta be kidding me," I sighed, throwing my hands up.

"All right, so let me get this straight," Steve added. "You kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress this girl... you just met?"

"All right, that's grossly oversimplifying things," Dustin snapped.

"Then enlighten us, Dustin, what else was going on?"

"I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" As he said it, Steve turned to me. I shook my head, imitating a gag.

"An interdimensional slug?" Dustin corrected. "Because it's awesome."

"Ok, now you're oversimplifying things," I shot. "That's a Demogorgon, not some cool little lizard you found in the woods."

"Even if she thought it was cool- which she didn't- I- I don't know, I just feel like you're trying way too hard."

"Well, not everyone can have your perfect hair, right?"

"It's not about the hair, man."

No, no, it definitely is, I thought, smiling to myself.

"The key with girls is just acting like you don't care."

"Woah-ho-ho, I'm gonna stop you right there, Harrington," I interrupted. "I'll take over from here."

"But-"

"No buts!" I snapped. "You see, Dustin, show the right amount of interest. Don't entirely ignore a girl, but don't become so obsessed with her that it's freaky."

"Wait, I wanna hear the rest of Steve's advice," Dustin informed, shoving me aside so he was between us. "So, don't show a girl you care, even if you do?"

I threw my hands in the air, annoyed at the 'love advice' Steve was offering. Of course it wasn't going to work! Yet Dustin was absolutely eating it up.

"Yeah, exactly. It drives them nuts."

"Actually, it just gets them to move on to a different guy," I informed.

"Then what?"

"You just wait until- uh- until you feel it."

"Feel what?" I cringed. I didn't really want to hear Steve's explanation of this 'feeling'.

"It's like before it's gonna storm, you know? You can't see it, but you can feel it, like this- electricity, you know?"

"Oh, like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere-"

"Not the scientific electricity, Dustin," I interrupted.

"No, no, no, like a- like a sexual electricity."

"Oh."

I was not about to hear the rest of this conversation. I picked up the pace until I was a few feet in front of them, just enough that I could hear them if something bad happened, but I wouldn't pick up on the rest of their conversation.

"What idiots."

***

Steve's eyes followed Y/n as she walked in front of them, carefully watching for anything that could jump out of the bushes. So far, everything was fine. But he wasn't ready to risk anything.

"So that feeling? You feel it, and that's when you make your move."

"So that's when you kiss her?"

"No! Woah, woah, slow down, Romeo!"

"Sorry."

Steve sighed, "Sure, ok, some girls want you to be aggressive. You know, strong, hot and heavy, like a- I don't know, like a lion."

"Mmm-hm."

"But others, you gotta be slow, you gotta be stealthy, like a- like a ninja."

"What type is Nancy?"

The mention of her name brought back memories from earlier in the week. Nancy's white blouse stained with red alcohol.

Bullshit.

The pain in her face when she was talking about Barb.

Bullshit.

Y/n running after him, obviously drunk.

Bullshit.

Tears running down her face as she confessed the visions she was having.

Bullshit.

Asking him to stay until she fell asleep.

Bullshit.

"Nancy's different," he answered, pulling out of his thoughts. "She's different than other girls."

"Yeah, she seems pretty special, I guess."

"Yeah, yeah she is."

"What about Y/n?"

Steve slowed down, Dustin mimicking his action. "What about Y/n?"

"What type is she?"

"I-" He racked through his thoughts, the question piquing his own interest. On one hand, she didn't date anyone for about two years, even though there were countless guys that asked her out. On the other hand, she started dating Billy about a day after knowing him. "-I don't know. She changes."

"Girls can do that?"

"I guess they can," he shrugged.

"So, is she still special?"

"Definitely," Steve agreed.

"This girl is special, too, you know," Dustin added. "It's just, like, something about her."

"Woah, woah, woah, hey, hey, hey," Steve stopped.

"What?"

"You're not falling in love with this girl, are you?"

"Uh, no. No."

"Okay, good," Steve resumed. "Don't."

"I won't."

"She's only gonna break your heart, and you're way too young for that shit."

There was a brief moment of silence before Dustin asked, "Are you starting to like Y/n?"

"What!?"

Steve and Dustin both looked ahead, watching to see if Y/n would turn around. She continued to walk and throw meat pieces onto the tracks.

"No, Henderson, I'm not starting to like your sister," he answered, a soft blush painting his cheeks. "Not even close."

"So do you not like her? Like, at all?"

"I didn't say that! I think she's a cool person, but I'm not falling love with her!"

"Ok, ok, that's all I needed!"

The two walked in awkward silence, the meat chunks hitting the tracks accompanying them. Steve was determined to not glance at Y/n at all. But, of course, he still did. Obviously because it was between her and Dustin, and Steve would've much rather looked at her. Obviously.

However, he still snuck a glance at the younger Henderson every now and then. He felt bad for the kid. He knew exactly what Dustin was feeling right now, and he knew exactly how it ended. Terrible for everyone involved.

But maybe he could do something to cheer the kid up.

"Fabergé."

"What?"

Pointing to his hair, Steve answered, "It's Fabergé Organics. Use the shampoo and conditioner. And when your hair is damp- it's not wet, ok?- when it's damp-"

"Damp," Dustin repeated.

"-you do four puffs of the Farrah Fawcett spray."

"Farrah Fawcett spray?" he asked, mock creeping into his tone.

"Yeah, Farrah Fawcett. You tell anyone I just told you that, and your ass is grass. You're dead, Henderson. Do you understand?"

"Yep," Dustin confirmed, quickly nodding his head. Steve sighed before they continued on the path, throwing more meat. "Farrah Fawcett? Really?"

"I mean, she's hot."

A/N: They finally broke up (even though they were only dating for four days or something) :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2K 326 31
***Completed until season 5*** In which, Rudy Harrington, younger brother of Steve Harrington, falls madly in love with one of the new girls from Cal...
95.8K 2.2K 34
Star Henderson. Dustin's adopted sister. She had been friends with the boys since she could remember. They played video games and played D&D. But eve...
126K 3.6K 42
Steve Harrington & y/n Henderson best friends since year 8, destined to be together...right? Yeah not quite, Steve is still partly moving on from his...
322K 6.5K 42
𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴. 𝘣𝘶𝘵, 𝘰𝘩, 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 Beatrice May Henderson is a normal...