A Very Twisted Journey

By Lightgail25

Lia only ever wanted to be the best Pokémon caretaker in the Galar region like her mother. With the support o... More

~ A Promise ~
~ The Strange Mirror ~
~ Where Am I? What's with this. . . Meowth? ~
~ Wait, You're What?! One Predicament to Another~
~ Surprises, Surprises ~
~Stuck in a Loop~
~ Just Can't Catch a Break, seriously ~
~ Second, Last Chance ~
~ And So, It Begins ~
Lianara (Lia) Estella Cosmo Magus
Madison (Maddie) Magnolia
Mathew (Matt) Magnolia
Madame Evangeline (Eva) Crowley
🌹Early Morning Guest, Rose Painting, Wait what?🌹
🌹First Day of School, Oh Boy🌹
🌹Lunchtime Lessons, An Apology Goes Wrong🌹
🌹Baking Plans, You two are What!!??🌹
🌹 A Not-so-Friendly Encounter, Let's Get Picking! 🌹
🌹 Baking Buddies, Some Egg Trouble🌹
🌹 Memory Lane, A Sudden Invitation🌹
🌹 A Not So Good Unbirthday 🌹
🌹 Unexpected Advice, Riddle's Story 🌹
🌹The Deul, No, You're who's Wrong🌹
🌹 Inked Roses🌹
🌹Make Your Own Rules🌹
🌹The Tyrant's Tears🌹
🌹 Parties! Tarts! Leon!? oh no,🌹

~ When One Moron Wasn't Enough ~

888 24 17
By Lightgail25

After that skirmish; The head-mage and his wife left and went back to the school. Same with Ace, though before he started to leave, he turned to Lia to say something. However, she turned her back on him and walked away herself before he could.

"If you want to apologize to her, wait till she's ready to listen. Until she's cooled down, I'd suggest that you back off for now." Persian told him, before running off to join the said girl.

Ace watched them go, he let out a sigh as he rubbed the back of his head. "I really messed up."

Later, Lia, Grim, and the Pokémon came back to Main Street, with all the supplies they needed to clean the statues and the lawn around them.

"Gah, wish that punk would help us with this too. This is going to take forever." Grim whined

"It will if you just complain like that." Lia retorted.

*May I suggest something Miss Lia?* Rotom asked as he flew out of Lia's bag.

"Sure Rotom, go ahead."

*Whenever you began cleaning in the cottage, you would always listen to or sing some songs to get it done faster. *

"Listening to some tunes does sound nice." Grim thought.

"And it really does make the chore get done faster." Persian agreed.

"Pikachu! Pika!" (And we can get the others to join in too!)

However, Lia looked skeptical as she let out all her other Pokémon then turned to Rotom-dex "You just want me to actually sing, don't you?"

*Yes please, *

Lia sighed, "Rotom, you know how I feel about singing in public."

"Kid, everyone is pretty much inside the school right now. I'm sure singing some tunes while we're cleaning won't hurt. And like I said, it'll get done faster. So you won't have to worry about anyone listening in on you." Persian assured.

"Pika, Pi, Pika." (Plus, I want to hear you sing again, please.) 

Lia did her best to stay strong, but her Pokémon knew that she had a weak spot for cute faces. Especially from Pikachu. She sighed in defeat, "Fine,"

"Pikachu!" (Yay!) Pikachu and everyone cheered. Lia smiled at the happy faces she was seeing.

*What melody will you be singing?*

"How about. . . . Wild Child? Then after that one play the melody for Flora's Secret."

"Haven't done those ones in a while," Persian said.

"Well, they're more of an upbeat melody so I try to find the right moments for them."

*Shall I start the music recording Miss Lia?* Rotom asked.

"Go ahead."

As soon as Rotom started playing the music, Lia began to sing. As she sang, everyone was hard at work cleaning up Main Street. Persian and Espeon when up in the trees to take down loose and broken branches so that when Dragonite used 'Wing attack to blow away any debris, so they won't hit anyone on the head.

Leafeon and Lilligant worked together to fix the landscape and lawn. Pikachu, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Grim were washing the statue. And having fun while doing it. Bulbasaur lifted Grim with her vines so that he could clean the head of the statue, but then Squirtle lifted Bulbasaur up, and Pikachu lifted Squirtle.

"H-hey! Careful down there!" but it was too late.

Pikachu lost his balance and they all fell down and knocked over the buckets of water. After groaning a bit from the rough landing, they looked at each other, then started to laugh.

Lia kept singing as she swept the path and then throw the pile into the trash bag. Dragonite helped her, and tied the bags, Rotom showed him a map of the school and where the trash bins are. Nodding, Dragonite took off flying to the location. Espeon used her telekinetic powers to pick up any stray trash and throw it into a nearby can.

Leafeon patched up the grass, while Lilligant planted some new greenery around the library. Persian helped with the statue, and soon they all started doing the same with the other statues. And Lia started singing the next song, little did any of them know, they had some shadows, and they were listening to Lia as she sang.

Before Lia and the others knew it, they were done with the cleaning of Main Street. With several hours to spare before the end of the school day.

"See what a little hard work and cooperation does Grim?" Persian sassed, making the said monster glare at him.

"That's enough you two, I think we all did a great job."

"Pikachu! Pika, pika!" (That's because your singing kept us high in spirits!)

All the other Pokémon cheered in agreement. Making Lia blush, "A-All I did was sing a few songs. Nothing special."

"Are you kidding me?! I've never heard of such an amazing voice! It was like the minute you let the melody out, all my frustrations from that punk went away in a snap! You could go big with a voice like that!"

"That's very nice of you Grim, but I have no interest in making a living to stardom," Lia tells him as she returns the other Pokémon to their balls.

"Huh? Why not?"

"One, I don't perform. Two, I'm just not interested in it. And three, for personal reasons."

"What was that?"

"Nothing, hey, since we still have some time left before we meet up with Ace in the cafeteria. Let's go ahead and look up some spellbooks in the library. Maybe you can learn some really cool fire spells that will convince Crowley to admit you into the school for real." Lia suggested.

"We can also look up some stuff for you since you apparently have magic of your own," Persian added.

"Still curious how that is since magic doesn't exist in our world."

As the group started making their way to the library, one of the shadows that were watching them came out of hiding. They were tall and wearing the school uniform. However, instead of a red armband like Ace had. Theirs were green, and the feature that stood out the most from them was the pair of horns on the top of their head.

"Hmmm~, her spirit and energy are the same as yours Brandel. Makes me wonder where it will lead her." They smiled as they suddenly vanished into the air.

Off to the side of the library was the other shadow, who was none other than Azul. He adjusted his glasses and let out a long sigh, "There's no doubt about it, she's, her daughter. But where has she been hiding this whole time?"

Even though one of his questions was answered, he still had a few that are nagging at the back of his mind. But one thing was clear, he has his sights set on Lia, in more ways than one.

The hours passed by quicker than expected and the group was already in the cafeteria waiting for Ace to show up. As they waited, Lia couldn't help but look around the cafeteria in awe. It was so big and elegant that it looked more like a Ballroom than a lunchroom. And the chandelier was a sight too, it looked like it was made of tree roots with magic spheres. She soon snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Grim speak up.

"Do we really have to wash a hundred and two windows? As fun as cleaning Main Street was, it was pretty tiring. Plus, it was hard not to fall asleep back in the library."

"I know what you mean. I could have had a nice 'cat nap back there." Persian said.

"Pika,"

"Guys, I know you're tired. But we've got to deal with it. It is part of our punishment after what happened earlier. If it makes you guys feel better, we'll have a picnic dinner in the backyard back at the dorm. I'll make some cake rolls for dessert. ~"

"I'm down with that."

"Oooo, that sounds delicious!"

"Pikachu!" (Yay! Cake!)

"But I'm still annoyed that Ace isn't here yet. After what he did and said, he's making us wait!"

"He's probably held up with something. But if he isn't here for the next fifteen minutes, we'll make him do all the heavy lifting."

Persian shivered "Sometimes you can be scary Lia,"

And so, the group waited. . . . and waited. . . . . and waited. . . . . when it looked like was thirty-five minutes, Grim snapped.

"Grrrrrr, he's super late! No doubt he up and bailed on us!"

"Pika!"

"There's no way we're doing this for him. Not when he has to apologize too!"

"In that case, let's go look for him. I'm sure he won't be so cheeky to get out of punishment if we remind him that it was Madame Eva who put him up to this. And If I'm being honest, I don't think I want to know what she looks like angry."

"Pikachu/Same here."

"I don't care if we have to drag him here with one of your Pokémon. He's washing these windows!" Grim declared.

The group started to look around inside the school. Persian and Pikachu used their sense of smell to pick up where Ace was at last. They came across a room that looked like a lecture hall. Grim shouted the moment they entered the room.

"Come out Ace! Don't think you can hide from me, Grim!"

"He's not here." Persian deadpanned.

"Pika, pi, Pika." (No one is here, the place is empty.)

"Come now, I wouldn't say that. I'm here at least." said a voice.

"Hmm? Hello?" Lia called out.

"Over here, my dear."

Lia turned around and was quite surprised, the voice they were hearing was coming from a painting!

"GAAAAH THE PAINTING TALKED!"

"Pikachu!" (And it understood me!)

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I did. So? Are speaking paintings such an oddity to this school? The lady portrait on the wall speaks, as does the gentlemen here. As long as a painting has been given a mouth, why wouldn't it have the ability to speak?" The Gentlemen painting said, sounding offended.

"We're sorry if we offended you, sir. It's just, that we've never seen a painting that could speak in return. Also, there's really no such thing where I'm from. And not very many can understand Pikachu here." Lia bowed her head in apology.

"Thank you for the apology, my dear. But it's quite alright, it's a common reaction I tend to receive every now and then. As for understanding your little friend there, one tends to learn a few things when they are always in a classroom, you can also thank the magic for that. So, your 'usual and my 'usual are clearly different. Let's agree to disagree, yes?"

"Thank you, sir. And sorry for getting startled like that. We dealt with some ghosts the other day and well, we're pretty jumpy."

"I assure you, I'm nothing like a ghost. Unlike those rambunctious spirits who seemingly hither and thither, always wondering with no direction. I've been constantly hanged in place on this wall for over fifty years now."

Persian was impressed "Wow, and your condition doesn't look a day over thirty,"

"Why thank you my good cat."

"Anyway, we're looking for a student who was here recently. By any chance, have you seen a gingered-haired boy, with a heart-shaped mark on his face, and is wearing a red armband with his uniform?" Lia asked.

"As a matter of fact, I have. One of the new students I believe. He was here for class orientation; I believe he's heading to the Hall of mirrors to go back to his dorm right now." The Gentlemen painting informed.

"I knew it! He is trying to ditch us and get out of punishment!" Grim hollered furiously.

"Where can we find this Hall of mirrors sir?"

"It's located in the eastern building, just a little way passed the library," he explained.

"Then let's go before we lose him!" Grim stated as he and Pikachu ran off.

"Guys wait! Thank you so much for your help, sir." Lia bowed and then went after the two with Persian.

"Any time my dear. No why can't all youngins be like that?"

At the said Hall of Mirrors, Ace was on his way to the door that leads to his dorm. " *Tisk* Washing a hundred and two windows, yeah right. I'm just gonna go back to the dorm and do that stupid letter thing."

As he said that, a vision of when Lia lectured him and gave him the cold shoulder flashed in his mind. Making him have second thoughts. 'I was going too far, wasn't I? I didn't mean to upset her like that. Damn it,'

Suddenly his thoughts were interrupted when he heard a familiar screeching voice, "STOP RIGHT THERE YOU PUNK!!!"

Ace freaked. "Crap! They found me!?"

"Don't think for a second you can skip out on your punishment and leave me and the others doing it for you! You're coming back right now!"

"Pika, Pikachu!" (And don't even think about running away!)

"Ha! Like I'm going to listen to a couple of hairballs like you! See ya!"

"And like I'm gonna let you out of this! You think I want to wash those windows!?" Grim snarled.

"Looks like we're gonna need some help with this one." Lia thought as she pulled out a Pokéball. "Zeraora! I need you!"

And coming out of the sphere was the electric cat creature from the other day. "Zeraora, help us stop that boy from getting away!"

With just a nod of his head, the said Thunderclap Pokémon took off at lightning speed, literally. "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!!!???" Ace questioned as he saw the said Pokémon right on his heel.

Up ahead in the hall, another boy, from the same dorm as Ace, however, he had neatly combed dark blue hair and a spade painted on his right eye.

He hears the commotion behind him and turns to see Ace making a bee line toward him.

"Hey! Get out of the way!"

"Huh!?"

Lia sees him and calls out, "Hey! Could you please stop him!?"

"Wh-what?! Stop him, like with a spell? Why?!"

"He's trying to back out on his responsibilities that Madame Eva gave him!"

"Ignoring what the Vice Principal told of him!? How juvenile! But what should I stop him with? Freeze his legs? Or bind him up with a rope? Or maybe, no that won't work. . . ." As the boy was trying to figure out what to do to stop Ace, Grim hollered.

"I don't care what you do! Just do something before he gets away! Anything will help!"

"A-Anything?! A-alright, then here goes anything. I summon thee, something really heavy!"

*CLANG! BAM!*

"GAAAHHH! OW!"

Out of nowhere, a giant iron pot appeared right above Ace and fell directly on him. Not only stopping him in his tracks but also crushing him in the process. Lia was relieved that her Pokémon weren't near him for that.

"Not exactly what I expected, but it works." Persian implied.

"Pika," (That had to hurt,)

"I hope he didn't get a concussion," Lia uttered a bit worried.

Grim on the other hand, "Ah, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! G-guys! Look at him! Ace got crushed by an iron cauldron and now looks as flat as a pancake! Ah, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! That's what you get for trying to bail out on us!"

The boy, who brought out the said cauldron looked concerned himself. "A giant cauldron? That wasn't what I had in mind; did I overdo it a bit?"

"Well, either way. Thank you for your help." Lia thanks as she walks past him and helps Zeraora get the cauldron off of Ace.

"Owwwww, that really hurts."

"Well, if you hadn't tried to run away and skip out on the punishment, we wouldn't have resorted to this!" Lia scolded him, helping him up.

"Oh please, you wouldn't even need me anyway. With those weird freaks by your side, you can handle all the work yourselves."

Suddenly he heard growling behind him, and a shadow loomed over him. Slowly turning around, he sees Zeraora glaring him down. Sparks were flickering from his fists as he looked at the gingered-haired boy in pure anger. At that moment, Ace feared for his life. Lia stepped in and placed a hand on her second-best Pokémon's shoulder.

"Ace, think twice before you insult a being that's ten times stronger and faster than you. You're lucky that Zeraora here didn't use his full speed. And for the record, even with my friends, washing a hundred and two windows is not something that can be done in a snap. Not to mention Madame Eva enforced it, and do you really think she's going to go easy on you when she finds out you tried to skip out on it?"

That made Ace pale for a moment there. "And let's not forget that you still need to wright an apology letter for not only burning me to a crisp but also for mocking me and starting a fight!"

"Washing a hundred and two windows? What the heck did you guys do to receive that kind of punishment? And you seriously roasted this woman here?!" The boy, who slightly heard our conversation, couldn't believe what he just heard.

"I was just having a 'laugh with the furball here, I might have gone too far and insulted the girl here. And, um, may or may not have charred the Great Sorcerer's statue just a bit."

However, the other boy looked at Ace as if he committed a taboo.

"YOU SCORCHED THE GREAT SORCERER'S STATUE!!! I say washing a hundred and two windows is the lightest punishment you can get! And to think you were admitted to this school, only to get punished on the first day when classes haven't even fully started." He sighed, thinking of Ace as some sort of delinquent. Though, Lia and the others would have to agree.

"Oh, shut your trap, who are you to judge anyway?"

"I'm Deuce, Deuce Spade? You don't even remember your classmates' names? We're even in the same dorm. Uh. . . "

"Seriously? You're lecturing me when you can't even remember my name?"

"That's not the point I'm making here! You should know better than to bail out on the Head-mage's orders. Especially the vice head-mage."

"Agreed, we've seen her mad so far Ace. Do you really want to know what she looks like when angry?" Lia questioned him.

"Pikachu," (I know I don't,) "Same," Persian nodded.

"Alright! Alright already! Sheesh, I got the message. Fine then, let's get this over with and wash those stupid windows."

"Good, let's head back to the cafeteria and, wait a minute," Lia just realized that a certain fire-eared cat creature was strongly quiet.

"Huh? . . . . .Gah! The furball is gone!"

Just off in the distance, they heard Grim laughing as he was making His escape. "Ah, ha, ha, ha! I'll leave the scrubbing to you guys! Later suckers!"

"PIKACHU!" (TRAITOR!)

"That dirty little,"

Now Pikachu and Persian were really crossed, Ace seethed as well. "That sneaky little; so you chase after me just so you can bail out?!"

"Oh, he's going to have a good 'talking too when I catch him." Lia hissed.

"Hey, you! Um, Juice?"

"Juice!? It's Deuce! My name is Deuce!"

"Whatever, the point is you're helping me as it's your fault for stalling us. So let's get that furball already!"

"Okay, exactly how is it my fault? And why have me help you when she can?" Deuce pointed to Lia.

"She has to rely on her little friends to help her cause she can't use magic as it's sealed inside her. Meaning you and I have to deal with this!"

Ace grabbed Deuce by the arm, and they ran out of the room. Lia sighed as she called Zeraora to return to his ball. "It's like I can only count on you guys for help."

"There are times when I don't understand humans. Especially teenage humans." Persian grumbled.

And so, the chase was on. However, when the three had Grim cornered. Ace and Deuce would start arguing with each other, and Lia would have to separate them. This gave Grim the chance to flee from them several times on campus. After a couple of failed attempts later, the three and the Pokémon found themselves in the cafeteria. Once they were in, they found Grim jumping all over the place and climbing up to the chandelier.

"Hey! Quite jumping around you little pest!" Ace sneered.

"How unfair, using the chandelier as a means of evading us, coward!" Deuce glared.

"Ah, ha, ha, ha! Catch if you can you losers!" Grim yelled down at them.

"Grim! If you don't come down here this instant! Not only will I stop making treats for you, but I guarantee that you'll lose your chance of ever getting admitted to this school!"

The minute those words left Lia's mouth, Grim stopped playing around on the chandelier. Grumbling in his head, he knew that she was right, and getting into this school meant everything to him. Plus, he started to like being around the said pink/white-haired girl and her strange Pokémon friends. Even Pikachu was growing on him, letting out a long sigh. He turned to look at Lia, but when he did. He immediately clung to the lights.

"I-I can't! It's too high!" He started to tear up as he said that.

"You're the one who climbed up there to begin with!" Ace hollered at him.

"Actually, I can see how it's a problem. Getting up there may be easy, but I don't see any way for him to get down on his own when things are pretty much too far away for him to use to climb down." Persian stated.

"Then what can we do? I haven't learned any flight magic yet." Deuce mentioned.

"What can I summon to get him down?. . . " as he and Ace were thinking of ways to get Grim down, what he mentioned earlier gave Lia an idea.

Turning away from the two, Lia pulled out one of her Pokéballs and let out another cat-like creature. Only this time, it was roughly about Grim height and was purple with a red jewel on its head and a split tail.

"Espeon, could you help us get Grim down?" she asked the sun Pokémon. The said creature nodded her head to Lia, making the young herbalist smile. "Thank you,"

"I got it!" she heard Deuce call out.

"Hmm? Did you think of a way to get that furball, hey wait a minute, hey stop! What do you think you're doing pointing your pen at me?!" Ace panicked as Deuce turned to him and did exactly that.

"It's simple! I'm going to launch you to him!"

"WHAT/PIKA??!!"

"You can't be serious! Hey! Wait!" But Deuce had already made Ace float a bit from the floor. "No! No! Abort! Abort now! Gah! Put me down!"

"No time! Make sure to catch him once your close! Get him in range, aaaaannnndddd, now!"

"GAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!" Ace screamed as he went flying through the air and into the chandelier and at Grim.

"Myaaaahhhh!"

Although Ace managed to get Grim, the fact that he crashed into the chandelier made it snap from its post and started to fall to the floor. "Espeon now!" Lia shouted.

The said Pokémon's eyes glowed and soon the chandelier was surrounded by the same light as it was slowly placed on the floor with no further damage.

"That was close," Lia heaved a sigh.

"What is that? I've never seen a cat perform magic like that." Deuce said, amazed at the creature next to Lia.

"I'm telling you this kid, you haven't seen anything yet," Persian said to him as he walked up and stood next to the girl.

Seeing that they were safe, Ace and Grim got up and out of the chandelier and started hugging the floor, then Grim made a bee-line to Lia. Tackling her into a hug.

"Lia! Thank you! You saved me!"

"It's alright right Grim, and really you should really be thanking Espeon here." Lia smiled as she pointed to the lavender feline creature.

"Pika, pi. Pikachu, pi." (I'm just glad that no one got hurt.)

"True, but at a price." Persian pointed out.

Upon mentioning that, Ace got up and stomped over to Deuce. "You, total, Moron! I can't believe you did that just now!"

"I- I'm sorry! I didn't think of a way for you to land after you caught him" Deuce stuttered.

"Yes, we caught Grim. But in the process, we broke the chandelier! Do you have any idea what's gonna happen when the Head-mage and Madame Eva find out about it,"

"If we find, out, what?"

"I'm afraid that's already too late Mr. Trappola."

Swiftly turning around, the three teens and creatures found Mr. Crowley and Madame Eva entering the scene. Each with a very unpleased expression on their face.

"Ah, Mr. Crowley, Madame Eva." Ace whispered.

"Oh, crap," Deuce paled.

"Good Arceus, give me strength." Lia sighed, shaking her head. The poor girl really can't catch a break.

"Exactly what, on earth, ARE YOU THREE DOING!!" Mr. Crowley shouted.

Grim didn't listen, he was too busy hugging onto Lia for dear life.

Madame Eva took a deep breath and let out a long sigh, Lia knew how she felt, this whole day was frustrating to her. Then she turned to Lia, "Miss Lia, would you be so kind to give us an explanation?"

Lia nodded and told the two adults everything. After finishing Main Street and cleaning the statues, she and Grim waited for Ace at the cafeteria as they were told but he willfully tried to skip out on punishment after he was done with his classes. Once they had Deuce help them catch him, Grim tried to do the same.

This made Crowley glare at the said creature as Lia finished up her story where they came back to the cafeteria and tried to find a way to get Grim down from the chandelier, Lia told them that she had a way to do it without any problems, but Deuce had already acted before he thought his idea through. She didn't bother explaining any further as she was sure that they could figure out the rest.

Madame Eva sighed again as she rubbed her forehead. But she didn't look too mad at the three teens, which was a good sign. However, Crowley on the other hand was practically steaming with disappointment and fury. Madame Eva was about to say something, but he beat her to it.

"As if burning the Great Sorcerer's statue wasn't enough for you, you've gone ahead and destroyed the chandelier!? That is the last straw! You are all expelled!"

Deuce and Ace's faces turned white with dread, while Grim looked like he was going to cry some more. "WWWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTT!!!???"

Deuce went up to Crowley. "Head-mage! Sir! Please give me a second chance! I need to stay here at this school, I can't get expelled!"

Crowley folded his arms, "You have yourself to blame for your foolishness and brash behavior."

"I'll pay for the damages! No matter how much it costs, just please let me stay!"

Madame Eva shook her head, "We appreciate the dedication young man. But this is no light matter, this chandelier is much more than just a 'light fixture. It's a magical chandelier. Each candle is powered by a magical energy source that's enchanted to keep them lit for eternity. The whole thing was designed and created by a legendary artificer, supposably their finest creation, at most it's been here at this school since its establishment. And would have been here for many years to come. With that said, its historic value would come around no less than a billion madols."

"Upon that, are you still willing to pay for it? Hmm?" Mr. Crowley asked.

"A. . . . A billion madols!!?"

"That's more than half of what your mother's property is worth," Persian whispered to Lia.

"More like then what the Chairmen would make if he hadn't endangered most of Galar."

"C-Can't you just fix it? I mean, it's still in one piece. And I'm sure a mage of your magical talent would be easy sir. Right?" Ace asked.

"Even magic has its limits Mr. Trappola. Also, it's not that simple. The chandelier may be alright, but the magic stone that works as the center heart of it is cracked. And like any other magical artifact or tool, magic stones are the center core of their magic source. If damaged in any way, there's nothing withholding the magic energy."

"Precisely my dear and magic stones are not easily replaceable," Crowley added.

Ace groaned. "On man, this is really bad."

"Now what am I going to do? How am I going to explain this to my mother?!"

Upon hearing Deuce's muttering. Lia felt guilty for the boys, sure they messed up big time with this one. But expulsion is the last thing she would use as a punishment. And the whole thing was an accident this time.

"Sir, is there any way for them to make it up to you? Any way at all? This was an accident, neither of them meant for this to happen."

Both Ace and Deuce looked at Lia in bewilderment, she was pleading to the Head-mage and head school counselor for their sake. Even though she barely knows them, and they didn't do anything to deserve her help.

"Well, there is possibly one way," Mr. Crowley mentioned.

"There might be a slight chance that you can replace the magic stone so that the chandelier can be repaired."

"Really?!" Lia and the boys felt hope bubble in their hearts. However, Madame Eva looked at her husband with suspicion.

"You see, the magic stone that powered the chandelier was mined from the old 'Dwarf's Mine. In fact, most of our school's magic tools are powered by stones from there. If you can manage to find at least a magic stone with the same level of magical properties from there, we may be able to repair the chandelier."

"Yes! I'll go there and find the stone! With your permission of course." Deuce decided.

"However, I should warn you. The mines have been closed down for many years, said to have been mined out of stones. So, I can't guarantee that there will be any magic stones left." Mr. Crowley mentioned.

"It's still a chance! I'm willing to do anything if it means avoiding expulsion!"

'Wow, other than Leon. I've never seen anyone with that much dedication.' Lia thought as she looked at Deuce impressed.

"Very well then, I will suspend your expulsion for one night, tonight. But, if you don't return by morning tomorrow, to retrieve a magic stone, you will all be expelled. Is that clear?" Mr. Crowley asked.

"Right! Thank you for giving us this opportunity!" Deuce thanked.

Ace on the other hand, " *sighs* Fiiiinnnne, let's get this whole thing done with and get that magic stone."

Right at that moment, Pikachu jumped off of Lia's shoulder and turned his tail into shining iron. He sneaked up to Ace from behind and up smacked the back of Ace's head, causing the said boy to grovel down to the ground and hold his head in pain.

"Ouch! The heck is your problem!" he ranted at Pikachu.

"He's got the right idea. You have no room to complain when all of this could have been avoided if you hadn't tried to skip out on punishment!" Persian scolded him. "And if you think Lia's going to forgive you for earlier, now? You better think again."

Ace flinched at the mention of this morning's incident. He was glad that Lia didn't hear that, or she wouldn't have forgiven him as Persian said. He snapped out of it when Mr. Crowley spoke again.

"You'd be able to travel to the Dwarf's mine instantly by using one of the magic mirrors in the Mirror Camber." he finished.

"Right! Thank you, sir!" Deuce thanked again as he grabbed onto Ace's arm and started running out of the cafeteria.

"Yes, thank you," she thanked and returned Espeon to her ball before taking off to catch up to the boys.

"Great, more work for us to deal with," Grim groaned,

"I have a feeling this will be different Grim," Lia said. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.8K 1.6K 37
{"𝓘 𝓼𝓮𝓷𝓼𝓮 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓪 𝓼𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓴 𝓸𝓯 𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓬 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓸𝓷𝓮"} ~~~ [Y/n] was just a normal kid who was a 13 year old otaku kid. ~ W...
1.1K 62 5
Y/n is a pro hero who has recently graduated from Yuei. 3 months after graduating, she still hasn't been on big missions, deciding it would be better...
451 29 29
The past always comes back. Every seemingly insignificant mistake you once made... It all adds up. Every choice you made. Every reckless action. Ever...
66.2K 2.3K 36
[ " 𝗖𝗮𝗻 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗔𝗰𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝘁𝗳𝘂 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝗺𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝘀 𝗷𝗼𝗸𝗲𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗜 𝗽𝘂𝗻𝗰𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝘁 𝗼𝘂𝘁�...