Unscripted

By CrookedlyThoughtful

After a tumultuous year-end, Y/n and Hailee are ready to jump into the new year together. But a new year will... More

Chapter 1: A Fresh Start
Chapter 2: Kind Of A Big Deal
Chapter 3: Movers and Shakers
Chapter 4: Cooking With Flo
Chapter 5: Alone Time
Chapter 6: Girls Night
Chapter 7: It's A Perk
Chapter 8: Olsen
Chapter 9: Fridays Are For Friends
Chapter 10: Adventures With Griffin
Chapter 11: Aftermath
Chapter 12: Taylor, Me, and Brando Makes Three
Chapter 13: It's Just Business
Chapter 14: The Business of Trust
Chapter 16: All's Well That Ends Well
Chapter 17: Hopped Off The Plane At LAX
Chapter 18: I'm In The Corner, Watching You Kiss Her
Chapter 19: I Think I've Seen This Film Before
Chapter 20: And I Didn't Like The Ending
Chapter 21: I Fixed Your Heart, But Mine Still Hurts
Chapter 22: Way Down We Go
Chapter 23: The Ghost of You
Chapter 24: Nights Like This
Chapter 25: Everything Comes Back To You
Chapter 26: If It's Not You It's Not Anyone
Chapter 27: Concrete Jungle
Chapter 28: When It Rains It Pours
Chapter 29: My Brother's Keeper
Chapter 30: Baby All I Wanna Do Is Coast
Chapter 31: Adventures With Griffin And Hailee
Chapter 32: But I Don't Forget Too Well
Chapter 33: Ramblin' Wreck From Georgia Tech
Chapter 34: I Don't Start Shit But I Can Tell You How It Ends
Chapter 35: A Glimpse Of Us
Chapter 36: I Ain't Worried
Chapter 37: Something To Talk About
Chapter 38: Chasing Pavements
Chapter 39: It's Me, Hi
Chapter 40: All For Us
Chapter 41: Something Just Like This
Chapter 42: Well That Took A Turn
Chapter 43: You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
Chapter 44: Frequency Of All We Know
Chapter 45: When The Party's Over
Chapter 46: Cruel Summer
Chapter 47: Interlude
Chapter 48: You Made Me Hate This City
Chapter 49: When It All Melts Down, I'll Be There
Chapter 50: Truth Hurts
Surprise!

Chapter 15: Hell Hath No Fury

2.8K 117 177
By CrookedlyThoughtful

Florence POV

I must admit, of all the things Hailee could've said in response to my message, her question undoubtedly brought light to what I feared most.

The reasonable and logical side of me knows I need to think very carefully about what I say next. The emotional side of me wants to throw hands. Y/n is my best friend, and frankly, I trusted Hailee. Surely she wouldn't do anything to fuck that up?

After a moment of being stuck in thought, I'm brought back to the present and realize I'm still sitting in y/n's driveway. If I don't leave soon, I'm sure she'll be coming back out here to check on me.

Before I drive away, I send one more text to Hailee.

Florence
I'm about to drive. Call me if you have something to say. But you better think about what I said.

I send the message and put my car in drive, making my way down the long path to the gate. Hopefully y/n isn't paying much attention to the delay.

I've just reached the freeway when my phone begins ringing through the speakers of my car. I don't even need to glance at my screen to know it's Hailee. Honestly, I'm not sure I'm ready for whatever it is she has to say.

"Hey." Is all I say by way of greeting when I answer the call. The first thing I hear is a small sigh from Hailee. "Florence, I don't know what you know or how you found out, but I promise you nothing happened and everything has been handled." She says quickly, her voice sounding almost fearful.

I feel my nostrils flair on their own accord at her statement. "Well, good news for you is that I have no fucking idea what you're talking about, and even better news for you...I don't bloody care!" I say loudly, a bit louder than I intended, to be honest.

"You don't want me to explain? Because I can...." Hailee starts, but I cut her off.

"No, Hailee. I don't care to hear your explanation. Y/n is my best friend, and you know that whatever you tell me, I won't be able to guarantee I'll keep it from her. Especially if you..." I continue, but Hailee cuts me off this time with a scoff before she speaks.

"Oh come on, Flo! Do you really think I'd do anything to jeopardize my relationship with her?" She questions me with an attitude uncharacteristic for her typical bubbly self.

It's my turn to scoff now. "I don't know, Hailee. Do you really think she'd be dumb enough not to notice when you act weird?" I counter. There's a moment of silence on the other end of the call, almost like I've caught her off guard.

"Now I'm the one with no idea what you're talking about. Of course I don't think y/n is dumb. She's smarter than both of us." She admits. At least she isn't completely oblivious.

"You keep asking me how I found out about whatever it is you're hiding. Well, it's a funny story actually, with a very simple answer. I didn't find out anything. I spent the day with y/n today, and she's torn up and confused about your behavior since you've been gone. SHE brought it to my attention. She asked me if she was the one who's being crazy because she's freaked out and scared!" I yell, paying no mind to my volume at this point. No one hurts my best friend.

I hear Hailee sigh again, but she says nothing. Unwilling to back down, I continue.

"Did you lie to her? Yes or no?" I ask.

"Yea. I did." She replies solemnly.

"Did you mute the call?" I ask.

"Yes." She replies, her voice shaking.

Fuck.

"Have you been fucking someone else while you've been away?" I ask, unsure if I want to know the answer but determined to find out.

"No! Absolutely not. That would never fucking happen and you know it." Hailee says with a fierce bite. Truthfully, I believe her. But I know she's hiding something.

"Then why lie, Hailee? If you aren't sleeping around then what could be worth lying to her for? Have you gone mad?" I ask, still enraged.

"It's complicated." Hailee says, sounding equal parts defeated and angry. "And you know how things can be..." she adds.

I roll my eyes, thankful that she can't see me. Although who am I kidding? I wouldn't give a shit if she could see me.

"Oh don't give me that! And things are as complicated as we make them. But yes, I do know how things are. I also know that SHE knows how things are, and she understands. So we both know that everything you just said was a cop out." I say, calling her out on her shit.

Am I being hard on her? Maybe. But at the end of the day, I won't ever sit idly by and let two people I care about deeply end up hurting.

"It's not a cop out, Florence! You just don't understand the situation!" She exclaims, no doubt yelling on her end as well.

"You're right, I don't understand the situation." I concede. "But what I do understand is that whatever shit you're doing isn't going unnoticed. And if you fuck around for too long, you risk losing the love of your life. So the only thing you need to be concerning yourself with is whether or not your little situation is worth losing the best person who ever walked into your life."

I hear what sounds like a small sniffle come through my speakers.

Is Hailee crying?

"Look. You're right. I know you're right. And trust me, nothing is worth losing her for. Ever. I'd give up everything I have or ever will have just to have her. She is my everything. Please believe that." She says, her resolve breaking slightly, but not her conviction.

I take a deep breath before continuing, calming myself down a fraction. "I do believe you, Hailee. But you didn't see her today, I did. She noticed. And it bothered her." I admit softly.

"Can I fix it?" She asks me. I'm surprised by her question.

"That's up to you. I tend to think most things can be fixed. But you have to talk to her. No more lying. And again, I don't know what you did, and I don't want to. But whatever it was, you made the wrong call." I scold.

"I know. But I promise you everything is handled. Nothing like this will ever happen again. I promise." She says sincerely.

"You better keep that promise. Because this is strike one. I don't think I'll be so considerate next time. Truthfully, I'm still livid with you right now. I don't take kindly to anyone hurting my best friend. Not even you." I say sternly, and a mean every ounce of it.

"I know. And thank you, Flo. I really appreciate you as a friend. And I love how much you love her." Hailee says, and I know she means it. At the end of the day, Hailee is good.

"I love you both. But I will kill for her. She doesn't deserve another ounce of hurt in her life. And I sure as shit won't stand for that hurt coming from you. So heed my warning, Hailee Steinfeld. Don't fuck her over, and don't fuck this up. I want to see you both happy. And frankly, working with you would get really fucking weird if we were at odds. So just don't." I say, making my warning abundantly clear.

Hailee chuckles on the phone, her mood lightening. "I love you too. And I won't fuck it up. She means too much to me. This trip was something, but it's not something I ever care to repeat." Hailee assures me.

I'm getting ready to end the call when one final thought crosses my mind. I have to say it. "And Hailee?" I say.

"Yea?" She replies.

"If I do happen to find out what you've been up to, and I find out that you lied to me and are on some shady shit, I'll end you. And I'll also tell you this, just one time..." I hear Hailee inhale on the line, waiting for me to finish.

"We both know how serious I've always been about wanting her. You don't treat her right? I will make it my life's mission make damn sure I do. And I won't let her go." I say, and it hits me just how much I truly mean my words.

To my surprise, Hailee doesn't get angry at me for my statement. She definitely knows she fucked up.

"I know. And for whatever it's worth, I know you'd treat her every bit like the queen she is. But make no mistake, she is mine. And she always will be." Hailee bristles. That's what I was expecting.

I chuckle. "Don't fuck up and you don't have anything to worry about. Y/n and I are just best friends. But don't forget what I said." I reiterate.

"Trust me, I won't be forgetting. It's not like it's a secret that you're in love with her. Fletcher is just a distraction." Hailee says, calling me out.

"Hey! You aren't allowed to say shit like that today!" I exclaim. Hailee laughs.

Before I can end the call, Hailee speaks up. "Flo?" She says.

"Hm?" I acknowledge.

"Thank you. For calling me on my shit and holding me accountable. I'm going to make this right. You have my word. And before you say it, I know I broke your trust today. But from here forward I'll be working to gain that back." She says, and I don't doubt her.

"Good. And don't worry, I'll always call you on your shit. And I mean it. Don't you dare hurt her. I'll end you and steal your girl." I warn one final time.

"Don't worry, I won't. I'll be home tomorrow and make amends." She says.

"Good. You better. But I'm going to let you go now, I'm almost home and I've got to go over scene notes for tomorrow." I say.

"Fun stuff. When are you done?" She asks.

"We've got another few weeks shooting then I'm free until summer. But don't worry, I'll be keeping tabs and checking in." I add.

"I'm counting on it. Sorry I missed you today. Have fun on set tomorrow. I love you." Hailee says.

"Love you too. Even when you're a total dipshit." I say. "Bye Hailee."

"Bye." She bids me farewell and ends the call.

I have to admit, I'm glad I got to talk to her and ruffle her feathers a bit. And I do sincerely believe her when she says she's going to do better. But there's still a twinge of something. Something I can't quite place. I think I finally am experiencing the same feeling y/n was describing earlier, and it's unsettling.

As I continue my drive home, there are very few thoughts on my mind, and none of them have anything to do with scene notes.

What is she hiding? And how long before y/n finds out?

And most importantly....

I hope I find out first.

Author's Note
Florence POV for the win? Just a short little snippet for you guys. And I know...you still don't exactly have an answer. But don't worry, all on due time. Do we think she's still lying? Stay tuned. Stay well and drink some water, friends!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.4K 809 25
Blake Freemont finds herself at the Marvel section of ComicCon and when she is surprised, her whole life changes. The only question is, is it a good...
128K 4.6K 35
"Nobody can live without their heart. It powers them, and Hailee's mine." ------------------- They both knew it was wrong to begin with but they did...
60.6K 1.7K 47
Y/n Larson, a young actress that has everything. A good job, a family, amazing friends... The only thing that is missing is love. She never experie...
26.7K 865 24
Follow Hailee and her neighbour Y/N, two people with drastically different backgrounds and very few overlapping interests. Read as they develop feeli...