Love Maze | BTS Poly

By emmiouija

"If we are together, then even this endless maze is paradise." *** Lost in life and needing a change of pace... More

Strangers and Cigarettes
Silly Straw
Just Friends
Three Is Never a Crowd
Let Me Know
Coming Clean
The Truth Untold
Just Dance
Just Dance Part 2
Good Girl
Catching Clouds
Belts and Butterflies
Whiskey Sour
Bring it ON
Cherry Bomb
Daydream
First Love
New Beginnings
Euphoria
Boy with Luv
Just Desserts
Kiss Me Thru the Phone
Born Singer
Pretty Boy
Come Back Home
Ma City
Full House
As Our Lives Change
This Is Us Colliding
First Time He Kissed a Boy
Somewhere Only We Know
You'll Always Have Me
Bustling Sounds and the Deafening Quiet
For You, I'd Bleed Myself Dry
Can We Kiss Forever?
Piece of Peace
Pretty in Pink
The Story We Paint
Challenge Accepted
Party-Worthy
Strange Encounters
Just One Day
Hit Me with Your Best Shot
Endlessly
Take the Plunge
8TEEN
Blue and Grey
Stay
Look Here
Paradise
Telepathy
Sea
All Night
Lie
Fair Trade
Bad Romance
Mikrokosmos
Stigma
Miss Right
We are Bulletproof
Don't Leave Me
House of Cards
Run
Life Goes On
Give It to Me
Film Out
Attack on Bangtan
Am I Wrong
Dear My Friend
What If...
Jamais Vu
Somebody

Fly to My Room

1.7K 84 17
By emmiouija

Big Hit lends Alex and me a company car to use during our stay here in Seoul. My partner always tells me how I'm a terrible driver, so he offers to take us to BTS' house.

The security at the gated community where the members live has been upped in recent months to further protect its residents. On arrival, we notify the guards of our names and that we should be on the list, as well as flash them our FBI badges. The guards permit us to enter, but they must pat us down first. Obviously, since Alex and I are special agents, we both carry a weapon. Thankfully, though, this wasn't a problem, and they returned our weapons to us once the pat-down was complete.

"That guy grabbed my butt really hard," says Alex after closing the car door.

"Maybe he thought you were cute," I jest, placing my gun back into my shoulder holster.

Alex shakes his head. "He's not my type."

"Yeah, that's because Roxy is your type."

He stares at me with a weird look on his face. "Are you on crack, Wilson?"

I chuckle. "No, I just know you like her."

"Remind me to drug test you later."

I playfully roll my eyes. "Just shut up and drive."

"You didn't tell me the address," he apprises in an annoyed tone. "On the way here, you just pointed and told me when to turn."

"It's the biggest house in the area. You can't miss it."

Within a minute or two of driving around, Alex spots the members' humble abode, realizing I was right. He then pulls into the driveway and puts the car in park. Alex opens the driver's side door to get out while I, however, remain in my seat, staring at the house I once called home through the window.

"You comin'?" my partner asks.

Alex's voice forces me out of my own thoughts. I blink a few times, trying to shake this odd, anxious feeling. "Yeah, sorry."

He leans his arms against the car, poking his head inside. "What's going on, Wilson? Why do you look so scared?"

"I'm not scared," I reply. "I just...never thought I'd be back here."

"Bad memories?"

I shrug. "In a way."

"Well, maybe you should keep those memories in the past where they belong," Alex recommends. "You don't want to compromise the investigation because of a personal matter, right?"

I nod in agreement. "Right."

"Okay, then. Let's head in."

Alex came off a little harsh, but I know he didn't mean to; he only said that so I'd stay in check. Besides, it's not like he and I are best buddies or that he has to be nice to me. We're job partners. That's it. Furthermore, Alex's personality is far different from my own, which is why we'd get along horribly if we were to have a friendship outside of work.

"Did you get the passcode from Mr. Bang?" Alex wonders once we've reached the front door.

"Yeah, he texted me the new one," I announce as I begin to punch the code in. The little tune lets us know that the password is correct, and the door unlocks. We then step inside, taking in our immediate surroundings.

"Jesus Christ," Alex gasps in awe. "This place is fucking huge."

"Has to be in order to compensate for seven people," I remark.

Eight including me back in the day.

"Alright," I go on, "you take the upstairs, and I'll take the downstairs."

"Sounds good," he approves. "Call me if you find anything."

"Call me too."

Alex then takes off for the staircase, and once I hear his feet padding above me, I know I'm in the clear. For a little while, at least.

I make my way out of the living room and down the long hallway, my sights set on one specific room. The only way I can describe what I'm feeling right now is that if I were to point at someone, I'm positive electricity would shoot out of my fingertips. My whole body is practically buzzing with a combination of anxiety and curiosity.

My hand trembles as I grip the doorknob. I exhale a cleansing breath through my nose and finally work up the courage to open it after stalling for longer than I care to admit.

The door swings open with a creak, and I'm immediately hit with a blast of cold air from the air conditioning unit. Despite it being October, it's still a high of seventy-five degrees here in Seoul—far from the crisp, chilly weather in my city.

Wrapping my blazer tighter around my body, I step foot inside my old bedroom.

As expected, it has changed quite a lot over the years. The walls are no longer navy, having been painted to a medium grey tone. The bedding has also been switched out to something that better fits the new aesthetic of the room. My vanity is not here anymore either. In its place is a standard desk with nothing but a single picture frame set on the surface.

The picture is of all seven members, reunited after completing their military service.

I pick it up to get a closer look at the photo.

It's odd seeing the men with such short, natural-colored hair. They look happy, though—happy to be back together. Their wide smiles bring a smile to my own face.

Then, suddenly, my phone dings with a text message. The sound startles me and I drop the picture frame. It falls to the floor with a clink.

I had been so transfixed by the photo that I forgot what I was doing here in the first place.

I pull my phone out of my back pocket and check who had texted me. Unsurprisingly, it was Alex.

Crawford: Find anything yet?

No.
You?

Crawford: Zilch.
Crawford: Only did 1 room though. Still got 2 more.

After Alex's update, I place my phone on top of the desk and bend down to retrieve the dropped frame. Luckily, the glass is intact; however, the back of the frame popped off when it hit the floor.

I pick it up to put it back together, but as I am doing so, I notice that there is a second photo tucked behind the first. Nosily, I remove it from the picture frame, and my lips part in shock at the image.

It's me.

I'm in a swimsuit with my feet in the water, shielding my eyes from the bright sun with the hand that is adorned by a silver ring. My smile is even wider than the members' in the other photo. I'd know that clear, blue water and dol hareubang statue from anywhere, too.

Jeju.

Seokjin took the photo during our day at the beach.

That day is one of my fondest memories—a fond memory from many years ago.

After everything that happened, why was this kept?

Clearly, it wasn't supposed to be; it was hidden for a reason, never meant to be found.

But it was, and it was done so by the person who shouldn't have been the one to.

Feeling ashamed, I quickly tuck the photo back into the frame and place it in its spot on the desk. I run my fingers through my hair, exhaling deeply to get my thoughts in order again.

I'm here on an assignment, I remind myself. Not to be reminiscing on what was.

I finish my sweep of Seokjin's room and then move on to the others, not finding anything of importance in them.

Alex is coming down the stairs just as I am re-entering the living room. He holds up an evidence bag, announcing, "Found one of the dead roses in Park Jimin's room."

"At least you found something," I comment. "I didn't."

"Seriously? Nothing at all?"

I decide to tell a white lie. "Nope. Nothing."

"Well, let's hope the perpetrator pricked his finger on one of these thorns so we can have his DNA on file."

"Wishful thinking."

Alex sighs in annoyance. "You're such a Debbie Downer."

"No, I'm just being realistic," I respond. "This guy's obviously smart. Do you really think he'd leave his DNA on something?"

"I pray he did."

"Better break out your rosary then."

Rolling his eyes, Alex tucks the evidence bag into the inside pocket of his jacket.

"Be pissy all you want," I begin, "but don't deny the fact that I'm probably right about this."

"Fine," he huffs. "If the lab doesn't find anything, then you can say 'I told you so'."

"Looking forward to it," I express, a smug grin on my lips.

Alex cracks a smile. "Alright, control your ego. We have an asshole to catch."

[AN] Thank you for your patience on this chapter :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 7.3K 71
"My heart is divided in 7 pieces and each of those pieces make me whole. Right here, in this very moment, nothing else fucking matters. The jealousy...
17.3K 1.2K 39
And the phrase; "She is our everything" slowly changed to "She was our everything-" ☆. ☆. ☆. K...
51.8K 2.1K 26
A BTS Poly Fanfic Account manager Aria is given the opportunity of a lifetime to work with BTS for a week. What happens during that time will not onl...
129K 5.8K 40
"She wasn't ready to have seven chaotic boys enter her life and turn it upside down and neither were they." *** 26-year-old Bo-Ra, broken down inside...