Red String of Fate (Taekook A...

By BlairWitch91

From the very beggining of the universe the soul of Eadar-eisimeileach that appear in the world is bounded by... More

Author's Note
Introduction: Interdependents
Chapter 1: Little TaeTae
Chapter 2: Merry-go-round in Kim&Jeon households
Chapter 3: Kims to the rescue
Chapter 4: Meet the Parks
Chapter 5: Genesis
Chapter 6: Min's Manifest
Chapter 7: Dragon
Chapter 8: Young souls
Chapter 9: Samhain
Chapter 10: The Shadow of Samhain
Chapter 11: New Friend
Chapter 12: Night at School
Chapter 13: 2064
Chapter 14: 2064 - Heart that was Shut
Chapter 15: Red alert
Chapter 16: Spark
Chapter 17: Teen Spirit
Chapter 18: Teen Spirit 2 - The Repellent
Chapter 19: Daegu 2065
Chapter 20: Unsealing - part 1
Chapter 21: Unsealing - Sacred Treasures - part 2
Chapter 22: Nothing is a coincidence
Chapter 23: Flame and Lightening
Chapter 24: The Soul Stone
Chapter 25: Feelings under the skin
Chapter 26: 66'
Chapter 27: 66' - Midsummer Night's Dream
Chapter 28: 66' - TEMPEST
Chapter 29: The City of Changes
Chapter 30: Insecurities
Chapter 31: The City of War
Chapter 32: Iron Wall
Chapter 33: Breaking Point
Chapter 35: Inside the Mist
Chapter 36: Soul Healing
Chapter 37: The Matter of Choice
Chapter 38: Republic of Daegu
Chapter 39: Coming of Age
Chapter 40: Coming of Age - Heat of Hearts
***RSF Guide***
Chapter 41: Redamancy
Chapter 42: Glow
Chapter 43: Under the Lights
Chapter 44: Rights and Wrongs
Chapter 45: Primal Fear
Chapter 46: VK sign
Chapter 47: Water and Ice
Chapter 48: Eclipse of the Moon
Chapter 49: Eclipse of the Sun
Chapter 50: Lost Souls
Chapter 51: No Way Out
Chapter 52: Echoes
Chapter 53: Taboo
Chapter 54: Serendipity
Chapter 55: Mizpah
Chapter 56: On Your Own
Chapter 57: Battle of Interdependants
Chapter 58: The Truth Untold
Chapter 59: Anta Qadarii
Chapter 60: United
Chapter 61: Together We Stand
Chapter 62: Caim
Chapter 63: Battle Cry
Chapter 64: Fall
Chapter 65: Legends of Legendary Heroes
Chapter 66: Renaissance
Chapter 67: The Wait is Over
Epilog: See you soon!
Red String of Fate Background Music with Playlist and Description
***RSF Guide *** - final

Chapter 34: Red String

3.7K 306 615
By BlairWitch91

2nd of November 2067, 372 days since the outbreak of war - Seoul

Jungkook and Taehyung took bags from the room. Siyeon and Bora were standing in the door frames.

'What do you think you are doing?' Bora asked.

'What we should have done a long time ago - we are bringing our parents back.' Taehyung answered, putting on the hoodie.

'And you think we will allow you?!' Siyeon yelled.

'You are going with us.' Jungkook informed them, grabbing just a few things and throwing it to backpack.

'Kookie, I know the situation is hard, but you are just...' Bora started calmingly, but Jungkook cut her off.

'Mom is there.' he looked at her. 'Don't tell me you don't want to go...'

Bora closed her mouth.

'She wouldn't want you to risk...' Siyeon said gently.

'I didn't want her to risk either. Yet she did.' Jungkook said unfazed. 'We are going to grandpa. You can yell at us on the way...'

'I'm ready.' Jimin said standing in the doors.

'He won't let you go...' Bora said quietly.

'We will see...' Taehyung said harshly and passed them.

Jungkook followed after him.

Bora and Siyeon looked at each other.

They could try to calm the boys on their way and hope Dragon will convince them to wait. Or he will fail and trigger Jungkook and Taehyung to the point they won't mind going against them...

'Okay...' Bora smirked involuntarily. 'Jeeze... he reminds me of her so much...'

'Well, if Dragon couldn't win with her... he won't with him either...' Siyeon grinned as well, and they both started to run after boys. 

Yoohyeon received the message from Dami and started to pack a bag with all the electronic gadgets she owned, laptop and some training clothes. It was over 11 pm.

She had to somehow sneak out of the house and her parents were in the living room...

On her tiptoes she went downstairs and heard her parents' worried voices. They were talking about Namjoon and Jin. She could hear Jennie's voice trembling slightly...

She passed the dimmed corridor and reached the door successfully. She stretched her hand to the doorknob and her fingers... stopped before she could touch it.

She closed her eyes. She couldn't do it...

Not like that.

Not leaving them like that...

She stood in the doors to the living room. 

'Mom, dad... I have to go...' she said quietly.

Jennie looked at her with slight surprise and curiosity.

'Go where, honey? Do you want to see Dami? I will drive you if you need her...'

Yoohyeon took a deep breath and looked straight into her mother's eyes.

'We are going to save uncles.' she informed them.

Kai blinked, then he got pale.

'ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!?'

'Dad, listen...'

'WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!'

Yoohyeon squinted her eyes.

'I AM A POWERFUL SEALER! THAT'S WHO I AM!' she screamed.

'YOU ARE JUST A CHILD!'

'Kai...' Jennie tried to calm him.

'GO TO YOUR ROOM!' Kai pointed to the stairs.

'And what I will do there!? Wait for my friends to take a risk when I can help them?! Let my Holder go there without me and anything that could defend her?!'

Kai gulped.

'Yoohyeonie... I know you want to do something, but...'

'They are my people! And I will go there whether you want it or not!'

'You are still underaged, young lady!'

'And I could have walked out of here without you noticing! But I didn't want you to find an empty bed and freaked out even if it would be simpler for me!'

Kai and Jennie looked at her shocked, when suddenly the knocking was heard, and enraged Yoohyeon opened the doors harshly.

She saw, breathing heavily, Soobin only in his hoodie.

'They tried to stop me, but I sneaked out...' he exhaled. 'It was the closest place... Can't let Yeonjun go by himself...' he gulped hard.

Yoohyeon looked over his shoulder to see Dami parking near the sidewalk. She turned to her parents.

'Do you want me to run away like Soobin? Or will you help us?' she asked with pleading eyes.

Kai looked at his phone and dialed a number.

'Bora? Are you going with them? To Dragon? Okay... Inform us.'

Jennie walked to Yoohyeon.

'Be careful...' she whispered, kissing her forehead. Then she hugged Soobin. 'We will calm down your parents somehow... Go.'

Soobin looked at her thankfully.

'Say that I'm sorry to them...'

Kai, still shaking his head in disbelief, disappeared for a moment in his office. He came back and gave three phones to Yoohyeon. 'Nobody will be able to track them...' he said.

Yoohyeon hid them in her bag and nodded before hugging him.

Kai walked Soobin and her to the car.

He walked to the side of the driver and leaned to the window to look at Dami.

'Better bring your ass here safe and sound, brat...' he said.

She smirked.

'You can whoop it after, future dad...'

'Sure I will!' he said and flicked her forehead, with a heavy heart. He looked at Yoohyeon in the passenger seat and Soobin in the back. 'Seat belts.' he ordered. 'Drive safe...' he whispered when Dami pulled back.

Jennie went to him and hugged his waist looking at the car with glossy eyes.

They knew they trained for three years. All the time. They were synchronized and dedicated to each other... but still... it was their child...

It seemed that for them the process of letting their kid grow up was a fast and hard way type... 

Jimin was driving, Taehyung was in the passenger seat and Jungkook in the back with his phone near his ear. He ended the call.

'We have everyone,' he said. 'Minho and Han took Yeonjun. Dami has Yoohyeon and Soobin.' he said.

Taehyung looked at the car of Siyeon and Bora, who were driving in front of them.

'Why Dragon's house?' Jimin asked Jungkook.

'We need some bulletproof vests and weapons. We can get it there.'

'And how are you going to convince him?'

'I will simply leave him no choice...' Jungkook said with a determined tone.

'And how are we going to reach Daegu faster than MOI?'

Taehyung smirked and met Jungkook's eyes in the rear view mirror.

'We have few ideas...'

They all reached the Mountain House of the Dragon at 1 am. The adrenaline, anger and fear they all felt, made them absolutely focused.

It was the freezing type of focus when their minds were sharp as edges of ice blocks.

Jiyoung was already standing in the front doors with his arms crossed over his chest and raised eyebrow. Siyeon and Bora probably informed him beforehand.

Jungkook boldly stood in front of him like his mother a few years ago.

'And what do you want here at this hour, brats?' Dragon asked warningly.

'Your help for starters...' Jungkook said. 'Weapons would be a nice addition too...'

'Don't test my patience, Jungkook.'

'Don't waste my time, grandpa.'

'The only help I can offer you right now is food and beds. And arms that will calm you down...'

'And the help I want is the power to save YOUR family. Don't leave my mother alone as you did years back!'

Jiyoung's eyes widened.

'You are crossing the line...' he whispered.

'I will cross every line if it will save my parents!'

'MOI will go there!'

'That's too late!!'

'Jungkook! You are only 17!'

To the surprise of everyone around Jungkook smirked.

'I was 18 when I died in the battle of Troy. I was 15 when they sold me. I was 17 in the battle of Antietam. I was 19 when HE killed me after the battle of Red Cliffs.' he said bitterly. 'Age is just a number...'

Taehyung closed his eyes as if every one of these brought back memories pierced his heart.

Jiyoung went pale as a sheet.

'Do you want to end up like before then?! And drag your friends with you?!'

'If we wouldn't want to, we wouldn't be here...' Jimin said.

'I-it was a different time... Young people then had different experiences...' Dragon stammered hesitantly.

Jungkook shook his head.

'Don't hide behind our age...'

'We will do it the hard way without your help. Or you will help us and make sure you guided us the best you could.' Taehyung said quietly.

'And what? You will storm my house to get the weapons?'

'No. We will go without them... We don't actually need them.' Taehyung said. 'But you can arm us and be sure we have any possible defense...'

Jiyoung looked at Bora and Siyeon looking for help. But they were looking at the ground not going to back him up against nine enraged teenagers.

Finally, he felt a pat on his back and heard:

'They beat you, oldie...'

Hwasa smiled at the little crowd in front of her house. She tilted her head pointing inside the house.

'Get inside, kids...'

They asked for bulletproof vests and weapons they were usually using. Jiyoung went to the armory to bring what they wanted, but to their surprise he came back with something they hadn't expected.

'If we are doing this... we will do it properly...' he said, opening a big bag full of clothes. 'I ordered it and kept for the moment you all will be 18...'

He pulled out the first uniform.

'It seems their time came earlier...' he handed the uniform to Jimin, then to the rest.

All the uniforms were made from light black material. The bulletproof vest was sewn inside the places that were mostly exposed to attacks. They were soft and comfortable as ninjas' outfits. They had hoods and masks that one could pull over their face and head to hide their identity.

All Holders' uniforms had specially made gloves that were exposing the inside of their palms and their marks so the unsealing would be done without taking them off.

All Sealers' uniforms were zipped across from the left shoulder to right hip so the exposing of the mark was easy and safe.

But when they all wore them... they noticed each of the uniforms was a bit different.

Jimin's had the addition of two harnesses over his thighs, in the size of the knives he usually was using. It also was made to be immune to fire and electricity.

Dami's had a special waterproof material so it won't be soaked when ice was melting, with the belt that had the handle on the back to place her spear.

Minho's had the space that was perfect for his vambrace on his arm.

Taehyung had the belt over his chest that ended on his back where the scabbard for the sword was placed.

Jungkook was surprised that his own uniform had two scabbards on the back too. His grandpa knew him well...

Soobin had the handle for the bow on his back.

Yoohyeon's uniform could hold the low temperature so even the fire couldn't threaten her ice power.

Yeonjun's uniform pockets were filled with all types of little glass balls that were filled with different types of light, he could upgrade the light in each to enormous levels. He looked at them curiously.

'That's my own doing...' Jiyoung said. 'You won't need them later probably... but they will help you bring the light all the time, till then.'

'Thank you...' Yeonjun said.

Jiyoung nodded.

'I will bring weapons...'

'Eat something...' Hwasa said, pointing to the kitchen, and went after him.

When they were alone in the armory, he looked at her pouting.

'Minji will kill me...'

'Well, we will send her own son against her if she tries...' Hwasa shrugged with a grin. 'We will see how well she will do...'

She took Jimin's knives from the wall, and went for one of katans Jungkook was using, when she noticed Jiyoung staring at something inside the drawer.

'What is it?' she asked.

'Remember when you told me Minji and Hoseok had a boy?'

'Yeah, your stupid ass, stormed out of the house and you went missing for 3 days...'

'I... went to the temple... to pray for them...' Jiyoung said. 'It was late at night when I reached there... There was a festival there... But only one booth was still there... An old lady with some handmade jewelry... She had almost everything packed already... I asked her for three bracelets...' Jiyong took out the package wrapped in a simple white paper. 'I wanted to give it to Siyeon, Bora... and Minij one day... But she said it doesn't work like that. That every bracelet has its pair. And those are the last she made and she won't make more...'

Jiyoung slowly unwrapped the paper and looked at the simple Red String Bracelets. Most of them had a small bead in the middle.

'So I bought all of them. I don't know why... Maybe because they were so special... Last ones...'

Hwasa looked at the bracelets. She took two with one golden bead in the middle. Golden like Yeonjun's light...

'Soobin and Yeonjun...'

Jiyoung separated next two with a crystal baby blue bead on each.

'Dami and Yoohyeon...'

'Minho and Han...' Hwasa took the ones with glass transparent beads.

The next set was with two beads on each string. One yellow, one red.

'This is for Jimin and his soulmate...' Hwasa assumed.

'And those are for Jungkook and Taehyung...' Jiyoung pointed to two bracelets with 5 beads of different colors.

'There are more?' She blinked.

'Yes. From the beginning there were 7 sets. 14 Red Strings...'

'The group is not complete...'

'There will be five more...' Jiyoung nodded.

Hwasa gulped.

'Okay...' she whispered. 'What is going to happen if destiny combines the fate of 14 strong individuals?'

Jiyoung looked at her.

'Something dangerous.'

'The group is not complete so it's not about current events.'

'And that is why I am scared...' he whispered.

Hwasa shook her head.

'We will think about it later! Now Jin and Namjoon are the most important. Which second sword should I take for Kookie?'

Jiyoung slowly smirked.

'Mine.'

When they got back upstairs all Sacred Treasures were unsealed already. Hwasa handed knives to Jimin, who put them inside the harnesses, thanking her quietly. Jiyoung gave Jungkook his old black katana and the second one he was usually using.

He looked at the group that was ready to go and gulped.

'It's good to have something that will unite you and remind you that you are not alone...' he said. 'Red Alert has their watches. So I have a small gift for you...'

He handed them the designed bracelets.

When he reached Jimin, he tied two bracelets on his wrist and looked him in the eyes.

'You will know who to give it to...' he whispered.

Jimin looked at the beads on the bracelets.

Yellow and red. Fire and lightning.

'One day I will.' he smiled.

Jiyoung looked at nine people standing in his living room in combat uniforms, armed and determined.

'Siyeon and Bora will go with you. I will stay here to save your asses if anything goes wrong...' he looked sternly at Taehyung. 'And you better pray nothing will go wrong or I will personally find you to kill you... Before your parents will!'

Taehyung smirked and nodded.

'In the meantime You should think about the name... You will need it one day if you want to work for MOI.' Hwasa said.

'Isn't it simple?' Jimin was caressing the soft thread of the bracelets. 'We all are connected by the Red Strings... The type of Red String that won't ever break.'

Taehyung smiled.

'Red String is good.'

'Red String sounds awesome!' Han nodded.

'Red String is it then...' Jungkook smiled, joining hands with Taehyung.

'Okay, Red String, how are you going to reach Daegu faster than MOI, huh?' Hwasa raised her eyebrow. 'Do you have some hidden plane or teleporting power?'

'We will be more sneaky...' Taehyung grinned and pulled Jungkook outside of the house.

The rest looked at them surprised and followed them.

Jungkook and Taehyung stood in the middle of their training field. 

Taehyung took out his sword and they stood in front of each other. Jungkook put his palms over Taehyung's hands on the sword handle.

Their gazes met.

The crystal on the sword started to glow in an intense green color. Jungkook's skin glittered in slight green.

There was a moment of complete silence. When even wind in the trees around stopped its whisper.

And suddenly Jungkook and Taehyung were trapped inside the column of green light. Their hair was moving slightly from the force.

The power reached high above the trees, but a minute later it hit the ground under their feet.

Together they stabbed the sword in the ground.

It made a small crack at first. Then the zigzag became larger. It went between Taehyung's legs and dived inside the ground, sculpting the rocks deeper and deeper.

Jiyoung's eyes widened when he noticed that the whole area where the zigzak force disappeared became larger and longer. He came closer and looked down inside the hole just to notice the ground was sculpted into the stairs, disappearing in the darkness.

Jungkook and Taehyung were still standing looking at each other, the power was embracing them closely. It took 15 minutes before Jungkook slowly took his hands away from the sword.

He looked at the stairs and the darkness inside the hole.

'A rabbit whole...' Taehyung smirked. 'Jump in Alice...' he nudged Jungkook with his elbow.

'I'm not a rabbit. I'm a human!' Jungkook rolled his eyes.

'You are a bunny tho...'

Jungkook shook his head, smiling a bit. He knew Taehyung was trying to make them both less nervous. And they were.

They were so nervous... Not just because they were going to do something crazy, but also because they were exposing a huge part of their power.

He gulped and looked at Yeonjun.

'Light, please...'

Yeonjun moved his hand and little drops of light appeared on the stairs, lighting them up.

Taehyung went first, having Jungkook behind him.

They reached the underground slowly until they stood inside the wide square tunnel. It was not high but it was wide enough to accomodate two cars next to each other.

The rest joined them, looking around with parted lips.

Jiyoung grunted, not wanting to show how shocked he was.

'You... made a tunnel...?'

'Yeah...' Jungkook said timidly.

'To... Daegu?' Dragon asked weakly.

'Y-yeah...'

'And you are going to go by foot?! To Deagu?! Are you crazy?! Cars would be faster!' Hwasa shook her head.

Jungkook rolled his eyes and shook his head, sighing heavily.

He took a few steps, crouched down and pressed his palms to the ground. Under his hand a little puddle appeared.

At the same time Taehyung pressed his sword, which was adorned by the blue crystal this time, to the wall made of the ground and made a cut across it.

From both places water started to appear. First in drops. Dripping on the ground. Then Jungkook and Taehyung moved a bit and joined hands again.

The water started to appear faster. First it was a small leak that changed into a stream. But the stream got wider. The water sped up.

It turned into a river. Fastly running down the tunnel and disappearing inside the darkness far away.

They made a river...

An underground river.

Jiyoung's knees got weak.

'Dami, Yoohyeon... five boats if you may...' Taehyung asked.

Yoohyeon blinked and shrugged, spread her hands and started to make circles above the water. Dami made the same paintings with the shape of the boat with her spear.

Soon enough five small boats that could take 2-3 people were made out of crystal clear ice.

Taehyung jumped on the first one and stretched his hand to Jimin to help him get in. Jungkook joined them.

Without thinking or asking, Dami and Yoohyeon sat in the second one. Yeonjun and Soobin in the third one. Minho and Han in the fourth one.

Siyeon and Bora looked at each other, shrugged and sat inside the fifth one.

'Soobin... Yeonjun... lights.' Taehyung said.

Yeonjun created five flames over each of the boats. And Soobin shot an Arrow  far away in the tunnel that was lightened up. The arrow was moving slowly. Showering everything around with a gentle dimmed light.

'Han, Minho.' Taehyung called out to them.

Minsung spread their power over every boat, wrapping them with tight shields.

Yoohyeon threw one of the phones that her father handed her to Hwasa, saying:

'They are safe.'

Jiyoung was so impressed by the amount of power he saw... a magic casted so effortlessly, that he just understood...

'You are going to sail...'

'Yes.' Jungkook nodded.

'To Daegu...'

'Yes.' Taehyung confirmed.

'You are aware that cars are still faster!?' Hwasa asked.

Jungkook smirked.

'And you are aware, grandma, you are provoking me?'

In the next second, through the hole in Jiyoung's garden wind stormed with the force of a hurricane. Hwasa and Dragon were pushed to the wall of the tunnel.

Taehyung only managed to shout:

'Wish us luck!'

Before all the boats pushed by the white air power disappeared on the horizon, sailing effortlessly on the river.

When the wind calmed down around, Hwasa took a deep breath.

'Okay... Do you have any idea what we will do with 14 of these powerful people together?'

'When the tornado is showing up... you can only let it run its course...' Jiyoung gulped.

'Y-yeah...'

Hwasa looked at her watch.

3:00 am.

They made a freaking tunnel that was running from Seoul to Daegu in 15 minutes and created a river in the next 15 minutes.

'Nice timing...' she whispered. The she sighed. 'I need a drink...'

3rd of November 2067 7:00 (373 days since the outbreak of war) Deagu

Baekhyun was breathing heavily. He was leaning on the wall of a destroyed building, holding unconscious Jin's hand.

Chanyeol was pressing his hands to Namjoon's chest, checking his breathing from time to time.

Minji and Hoseok were holding the last shreds of strength their bodies could have inside, just to secure them.

The attacks were crazy. This time the enraged terrorists and their followers went all out, feeling in their bones they are loosing. The election results were pretty obvious... They didn't have anything to lose. They just wanted to destroy as much as they could till they could.

The people they tried to save and heal in the underground of an old church,  mainly didn't survive the attacks.

Jin and Namjoon were caught in the middle of the explosion, trying to evacuate at least children...

Jin had the wound on his head and was unconscious since then. And Namjoon had a piece of metal inside his chest. They were afraid to remove it, to not cause harder bleeding.

48 hours...

How will they survive till then?

Jin and Namjoon didn't have so much time.

Beakhyun didn't even know how much time he, Chanyeol, Minji and Hoseok had...

He closed his eyes. Trying to focus, to hear something before it will happen, to at least guide Minji and Hoseok.

Suddenly he heard a voice in his head. He knew this power.

The power of sound... The power  similar to his but reversed.

'Baek! Can you hear me?!' Siyeon asked.

'W-what?' he whispered, even knowing Siyeon couldn't hear him.

He swallowed saliva hard and moved his hand to create an image in front of him made by echolocation. He was trying to find Siyeon, and if she was here - Bora as well, somewhere nearby, but instead he found...

'Fuck! We don't have time! Sorry for that! Connect us!'

Siyeon's voice made an order, and Baekhyun felt the power forcing him to use his power. His mindlink spread... to Chanyeol first, then Minji, Hoseok... it went further and found Siyeon and Bora... and then...

Jimin... Jungkook... Taehyung... Dami... Yoohyeon... Soobin... Yeonjun... Minho...Han...

And he heard Taehyung's voice:

'Minho! Secure the church!'

Suddenly a transparent barrier embraced the ruins of the church.

Then he heard Jungkook:

'Jimin, stay close to me! Han, shield him all the time!'

And again Taehyung:

'Dami, Yoo, Yeonjun and Soobin - take left and back! Minho, go with them! Han you are going to the front with us! Aunties! Go inside!!'

'What the hell!!?' Minji screamed in his mind suddenly.

It almost made Baekhyun laugh...  He wiped the tear that appeared in the corner of his eye, but he in the end, couldn't hold it, and laughed out loud, when in the next minute he heard Jungkook's, not amused at all voice:

'Hi, mom... Haven't I asked you to not do stupid shit?'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud af! 🔥🔥🔥🔥

RED STRING IS HERE!!!!😎😎

Enjoy!!!! I freaking did!!!😁😁

Info: The red string braclets are often tied on children as the symbol of protection, faith, good luck, strength, and connection.

BlairWitch91 <333333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 11.3K 50
Jungkook's past pulled them together like two magnet ! And - Taehyung's past pushed them apart from each other like two different site of a magnet...
187K 13.2K 46
Story by cutegir2002 A story full of adventures. Containing four love stories and lots of action. Strangers meeting in the same path, with the same m...
276K 13.4K 48
"I thought you left me again." Taehyung said hugging him tightly. "I'll never leave you no matter what happen this time, hyungie." Jungkook said hugg...
82.7K 5.1K 50
Moon Goddess had to change her many rules according to the progressing world. The criticism that the mind deceiving attractions and scent is the reas...