𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃 ¹ ✔︎ ━ 𝖧𝖮...

By everssance

❝you will bow to whomever sits on the iron throne. you will bow down to me.❞ ──────────── ╰─➤ 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨�... More

── 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
── 𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃
── 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓
── 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐒
──── 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐈 , 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫
𝐎𝐍𝐄 ♛ 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐊𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆
𝐓𝐖𝐎 ♛ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐃
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ♛ 𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐊𝐄𝐄𝐏
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ♛ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑
𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ♛ 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐙𝐎𝐍
𝐒𝐈𝐗 ♛ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ♛ 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋'𝐒 𝐀𝐃𝐕𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ♛ 𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐒
𝐓𝐄𝐍 ♛ 𝐀𝐍 𝐄𝐘𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐍 𝐄𝐘𝐄
──── 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈 , 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ♛ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐌
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 ♛ 𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄
──── 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞

𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ♛ 𝐅𝐔𝐑𝐘'𝐒 𝐖𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐇

4.1K 126 9
By everssance

────────────

────────────

NINE;
FURY'S WRATH

────────────

PERHAPS IT WAS the rage inside of me that got me from Casterly Rock to The Red Keep in two days instead of three. Perhaps it was the different route that I took— perhaps it was both.

Rhaenyra drops to her knees when I tell her the news. The rest of the small council surrounding as falls silent. A queen, beaten to her knees, what a sight to behold. There are no words I can say to calm her, no actions I can produce to limit the pains.

The days that follow are difficult. We give Alicent a queen's funeral, as she was just weeks away from becoming one. I am the one that gives the command to Xareni to light her corpse on fire. We stand there watching, waiting, for something that we remain unaware of.

Daemon has finally written word to us, to Rhaenyra and I. It is his final warning for the chaos he is to bring to us. He states that we can either hand over our position and give him the throne, or we can watch as he burns our city to ashes so that he may rebuild it again when he is king. Both of the options end in him sitting on the throne.

"Sometimes I think it may just be easiest to make him the king," Rhaenyra says from the head of the table, looking at the parchment. The rest of the council has left, in preparation for the battle, to ready their armies. "But then I see the faces of father and Alicent in my mind and I know their sacrifices will not go unspoken. I will fight for them as they fought for me." Her voice grows shallow at the mention of the fallen.

"I too have had the same thoughts, sister." I let her know that she is not alone. This is the most isolated she's been. She is fatherless, motherless, and has lost her best friend who carried the child that would bring her at least a small amount of hope. She has only me left, of those that truly care for her. For someone so young she has gone through so much. Most people commonly overlook that.

She looks up at me, her earrings dangle at the motion. "War will be here in the morning and I do not know if I am prepared." She states. I know she is ready. She has already made space for the villagers in the safe holds, therefore no innocent lives will be lost. She has laid out the plans of battle formations, made sure the knights are well fed and rested, and has written to our allies that the days that follow will be rough and she may need their help.

She is a good queen despite the fact that her rule has already been bombarded by chaos. She hasn't had one single day where she can relax, or think about her own future, she's only been able to think about the futures of those around her.

"None of us are prepared for the war, Rhaenyra," I say to her. "But it is something we must face regardless." I tell her, but she already knows this. There is no running from this fight. I lay my hand on hers, which rests on the wooden table. She stifles a sigh.

"I have decided I will not take to the sky on Syrax, for my safety, it is too vulnerable up there. I want you to go in my place. Daemon will not likely be up there, he will likely be on the ground leading the army, although I cannot be certain." She explains to me. I will do whatever I can to make sure she is safe, and if that means taking the sky alone then I will do it without a second thought.

"I know you and Xareni will put on a good fight from up there." She says, leaning back in her chair. I nod. Xareni and I haven't had long together but it's been long enough for me to know him and for him to know me in the art of battle. We will protect one another and look out for one another- that is the sort of bond a Targaryen has with their dragon.

I leave the council room after hugging Rhaenyra goodbye. I will not see her until the early hours of tomorrow, when the warships come. I take to my chambers to regain my rest. I have already alerted the knights outside my chambers I am to be awoken at moon high, therefore I will have enough time to prepare myself for the burning dawn that is to come.

Zetena helps me to unbraid my hair then draws me a warm bath. She asks if she should stay and keep my company but I politely tell her no. She needs to be with her husband and child. Everyone should be with their families now, as they know what will come tomorrow. 

          Only minutes after she has left there is a knock on the door to my chambers. I do not answer, hoping they will leave me alone. The door opens and footsteps enter. The bath chambers are tucked away in its own room, therefore I have a slight amount of privacy from the intruder.

          "Desmara?" The voice asks. Through the cracked door of the bath chambers I see Leonard. He is wearing a white tunic and dark brown pants, what he usually wears when we practice our fighting. He looks around the room, still haven't seen me.

          "I'm in the bath." I call back. I watch as a startled face takes over his face and I nearly laugh. He looks petrified. He looks to the ground, as if he's afraid he may see my naked body.

          "Rhaenyra has asked I come give you this. A pin, to where on your armor tomorrow. I apologize, I hadn't realized that you were..." He trails off in a stammer as he plays with the pin in his hands. I smile. His humor, though unmeaning, somehow lightens the weights that drag me.

          "Give it to me, then." I call back.

          He turns, slowly, to face me. His eyes drag from the floor to me as I lay in the bath with foggy water covering my body. He blinks slowly once, twice. His steps are slow and uncertain. His eyes do not leave mine. He pushes opens the doors and stands at the edge of the tub. He extends his hand and gives me the pin. I take it and sit it on the stool next to the bath.

          "She says wear it on the left side, above your heart." His voice is soft. I nod and smile at him. I don't know what comes over me. I don't know where the sudden words come from.

          "Show me where, exactly." I say, lifting myself out of the water. I stand up to him, my legs are still soaking in the water, but the rest of my body is vulnerable to his. Slowly his eyes trickle from mine down to my body. This is not how someone of my status should act unless married, or even promised, but the fear of war and death seems to do curious things to a person.

          Slowly he lifts his bare finger to me and taps the spot just above my breast. My body sinks into his touch. He looks to my eyes again. His eyes are such a crystallizing blue.

          "Here." His voice comes out as a whisper. I look at his face. His eyes, his nose, his lips. I have never kissed another before, not on the lips. I've kissed my mother on her cheeks, but my lips have never touched with another. I find myself wanting to now more than I have in a long time.

          His eyes, too, look at my lips. From my lips to he eyes he looks, asking. I nod. I grant you permission. His finger moves from my breast to up my neck. He places his hand on the backside of my neck and pulls me closer to him. We are inches apart now. Just a few movements away from-

          His lips slam into mine. I'm not prepared for it, but I do not back away from it. I place my hand on his jaw that cuts with hunger for me. My lips press against his and his against mine. I push my body to his and he against mine. My other hand finds it's place on his other cheek. My fingers pull at his jaw. More I ask. More. I can feel the heat on his body.

          He pulls back just enough to speak. "Desmara, I cannot." He says in a rush of words. I look into his eyes. I know it is wrong for us to do, but the loneliness of the past months have grown and grown with every day.

          "I know." I say to him in sadness. He slides his hand from my neck to my cheek and brushes his thumb gently against my skin. I hold my hands to his face as he does mine.

          "Trust me when I say I wish for it, but I am in no position to do such a thing." I understand, although I don't want to. I nod and slowly pull my hands away from his face. His hand slips from my face.

          "My nightgown is on my bed, will you get it for me?" I ask of him. Without hesitation he turns and disappears, returning just a moment later with the light white nightgown. He hands it to me. I step out of the tub then step into the gown. He watches. When I am finished I turn my back to him.

          "Will you tie the strings?" I ask, brushing my hair to the side. He breaks the few steps between us and stands directly behind me. His hands gently pull the stings to tighten them, then he ties the bow. After he's finished he takes my hair and allows it to flow back down my back. I turn and face him.

          "I will see you tomorrow, Desmara." His whisper chills me. I nod at him. He turns and makes his way out of my chambers. It isn't until I hear the door close that I suck in a breath of air. My brain is finally starting to catch up with my actions. Our kiss, his touch. My heart pounds in my chest and I find it oddly difficult to breathe. I make my way to my bed and tuck myself under the blankets, as if they are some form of protection.

          When I close my eyes, all I can see is Leonard. I can only see him and what we had been doing. Perhaps that is the gods way of punishing me for acting like I did. Somehow, through the pictures of him I see so clearly, I fall into slumber.

* * *

          I DREAM THE same dream that I've been having for the past few nights- of Sermond and Daemon. Sermond is chained in the middle of the room and Daemon circles him like a predator. I am chained to the wall, unable to move or speak, I must just watch as my uncle torments him.

          The guards awake me as I told them to. I dress in my black riding gear and thread the pin in the spot I was told. It is the logo of house Targaryen- a red three headed dragon. I braid my hair into the three Rhaenyra and I have done for battle. One at the top, two at the sides. I tuck my dagger into my boot and sheath my sword into my belt.

          I add a few more weapons as well, a hairpin at the crown of my head and a two-inch knife in the layered compartment of my left sleeve. I exit my chambers and make my way to the small council room, where all the members are to meet at moon high. I am the last to arrive. Everyone is seated. I take my position at the side of the table.

          Rhaenyra has a map of Red Keep laid out. She's moved the battle pieces to where the ships are coming up the coast. She places a line of our knights on the coast as well. She moves a piece to the dragon cave, it's me. She points to the center of the village, the tower that Leonard had told me about.

          "We will put a thousand men here at this point. Half of them arches. It gives a perfect view of the village. You can see over the walls." She says. I must be the only one who knows what happened there because no one else seems to be concerned. I keep my mouth sealed. I will not ruin her plan and be the laughing stock of the council.

          "I will be at the north tower of the castle. All the towers or the castle will be pouring with arches. I want them everywhere. There will be cannons, too." Rhaenyra states. Of course, Lord Hightower has something to say, as he always does.

          "Cannons? If we use those we will destroy the village." He says. All heads turn toward him. Everyone in the council is tired of listening to him speak, of his stupid comments.

          "That is correct, Lord Hightower, but would you rather a heap of Daemon's soldiers storm the castle? I think not." Her tone has grown dark. Her patience with him has been stretched thin. He shuts his mouth, finally, and decides to listen.

          "The villagers are being moved now, to where they will be safe. After they are moved out, everyone will begin taking their places, understood?" She asks. Everyone at the table nods then gets up in dismissal. They file through the doors and go their separate ways, preparing their armies and stating the plans. I look back to Rhaenyra who takes a deep breath.

          "I want you to head to the dragons cave now. Like before, if you go down, go to the south peninsula. I will have medical aid waiting there." I nod and get up to leave, assuming that's her dismissing me, but she grabs my hand. I stop and turn to her again.

          She wraps me in a hug. My body calms against hers. We stay like that for a few minutes before she lets go. She has to return to her duties. I exit the room and begin my walk down to the dragons cave.

Xareni is already saddled and waiting for me to climb him, but it is too early for that. I must wait until I see the ships beginning to float in. I stand by the head of the turquoise dragon, stroking the scales gently with my hand. He leans into my touch. Dragons are just like horses and dogs, Rhaenyra told me. At first I didn't believe her, I thought there was no way a creature so large and beastly could ever be anything like a common pet- I was wrong. Xareni acts like more of a dog than a dog does.

Minutes go by, then what feels like hours. I listen to the conversations of the dragon guards, who speak in hushed voices. They talk about the battle, their families, things of the sort. I keep my eyes facing the ocean, waiting for dawn to break. It won't be long until we are to take to the sky.

The first sails can be seen. I alert the dragon keepers and they file in and lock the gates of the cave. I make my way down to the back of Xareni, stroking his neck with my hand as I walk. He knows what's about to come. I climb onto his back and grab the handles tightly. He stands tall, ready to charge. I look over at the Red Keep to the left, where my sister and her army will not frantically be rushing to take their positions.

I kick with my legs. Xareni takes off. In a moment we're in the sky. The wind blows the brakes of my hair. I squint my eyes as we travel against the wind. The ships seem to go on forever. It seems as though the entire ocean is packed with them. They seem to just keep coming. We stick along the coastline, above the clouds, unseen. I need to spare as much time as possible. The more time I have, the less likely we'll be shot down.

Finally, the end of the ships comes into sight. There must be thousands. The last line of ships consists of smaller ones, likely storing food and water. I need to limit their resources as much as possible. I lean toward, Xareni listens to my command. We make our descent through the clouds, our cover is now blown. We now have to count the clock.

I pull up when we get close enough to the sails. We will travel from one end of the coast to the other, from one end of the ships to the other. I grip the handles harder.

"Dracarys." I say to Xareni. I feel the heat rising inside of him. His jaws open and a burst of flames erupt, setting fire to everything in its wake. The screams of men sound all to familiar in my ears. Xareni's flames don't stop until we reach the other side of the coast and I perch him on the cliff so he may have a moment of rest.

The outcome is catastrophic. Every ship that had been at the back of the fleet now burns. Against the morning light, it might look beautiful, but knowing the amount of people that are dying at my hands makes it a ghostly scene. I scratch the scales of Xareni's neck before readying myself to take off again. This time we will have to hit the left flank of the ships, where there are knights.

I kick the sides of the scales and we're off in a moment, floating up the sky. Xareni is so quick, we don't even have time to fly above the clouds before he reaches the targets. These ships are of medium size and house soldiers. They are generally placed on the sides and in the front of the fleet, to protect what is at the middle- the leader.

"Dracarys!" My voice shakes even me. The same warmth emits from Xareni's belly. His jowls open and a mountain of flames trail out, burning everything in its path. Men try and jump overboard to avoid the heat, but most do not even see us coming before it is too late. I pull up on the mount once we near the front of the fleet. I guide us back to the coast where we can have a moment to rest.

I do not see the arrows until they begin flying. I hear them swivel the air. I turn to see a line of arrows headed directly for us. I press us down towards the water to avoid them. We miss the first line, but the second one comes quick as quickly. There is some headed straight for the wings of my dragon.

"Byka!" I shout to Xareni. It means to tuck in High Valyrian. It's something we've only practiced twice before, but the only trick that may save us. He tucks his wings around his body and spins himself in the air. I hold on for dear life as I watch the earth spin around me. Now, I feel a vileness rising in my throat.

The arrows pass, his wings extend again. We've reached the peninsula. I land us on the edge. I can no longer fly Xareni, not alone with as many arrows as they're firing. I dismount and walk to his head, where he cradles into my touch. After he has rested for a moment, I fly us over the land to the dragon cave. The guards take him in and I run back towards the Red Keep.

The first ships have already made their way onto the shore. Knights jump onto our land with their swords pointed at us and shields hiding their bodies. The town has not yet been breached, therefore I run through it. It's a strange sight to see knights around every corner and not a single villager. They've all been guided to the underground parts of the castle, for their safety.

I storm across the bridge and into the castle. The halls are almost completely empty. Most knights have turned into archers who are posted on the towers, ready to shoot down any opposing knights who may dare to come too close.

I reach the north tower, which is spilling with knights. Climbing the stairs is nothing less than a mission in itself as I twist and turn around the knights making their ways up and down. Finally, I reach the top, where the sky has been painted red. Rhaenyra stands at the edge of the tower with her hands pressed against the stone. She looks out onto the horizon with worry.

"I took out some ships at the back and some on the left flank before the archers started trying to hit us." I tell her, though I'm sure she already knows. You can see the destruction even from here. The flames glow bright and large.

"You and Xareni did well. Even watching from here, I can tell how much he trusts you." She says. My heart squeezes at that. Coming from her, the master of craft in dragons, it means much more than it could from anyone else. Even as there are knights swarming every inch around me, I feel alone with he in that moment.

Rhaenyra finger extends to the ships. I follow her direction. A ship, at the center of the fleet, with double the amount of sails. I know that's the one Daemon and Lord Corlys will be on. My eyes travel from my ship to the shore, where the battle grows more by the second, as more ships from the fleet release more men.

Our knights are already being pushed back to the city walls. The shore is not nearly large enough to hold both armies. The city walls will have to be climbed. Arches from the other sides of the walls ready their bows and begin spitting arrows at the oncoming knights. But, with all of the armor they have on, there are very limited places an arrow can pierce that may actually injure them.

Rhaenyra and I watch silently. Swords fly. Shields protect. Arrows are drawn and released. The first of Daemon's men begin to try and scale the walls. Very few make it over, as they are either shot down with arrows or pulled down with force. The ones that do make it over charge straight for the archers. My jaw clenches.

The ship in the middle, the one that Carrie's Daemon, has now reached the shore. Men begin to file off of it, all dressed in shiner armor than the rest of the army. The moment they make it onto shore the swords are met with the swords of our men.

"The Black Guard." Rhaenyra says quietly. She mentioned them once, whenever I first met her and we spoke of her family. When Daemon was leader of the City Watch, he had a party of men called the Black Guard. Each of the men have taken blood oaths to protect him. Each of them are more fearsome and wild than the next.

Thirty of them will destroy the men on that shore in no time. They will be over the city walls in a heartbeat. I cannot watch that happen. I need to buy us time. I begin weaving through the archers on the tower, remaining careful not to get in anyones way.

"Load the cannons!" Rhaenyra's voice shakes with power behind me. I run down the stairs and through the halls. I emerge onto the bridge and turn into the city, where there are knights behind every wall. I keep making my way toward the very front of the fight. A hand reaches from the shadows of the walls and pulls me in.

"Where are you off to?" It's Leonard. I would know his voice anywhere. I release myself from his grip by shaking my arm and hold up the sword in my hand.

"To fight." I answer simply.

"We're all here to fight, Desmara, but you cannot storm onto the front lines by yourself. Knights fight in formations, in orders, you have to abide by them." He explains to me. I am too furious to hear his words. I want to fight, I want to protect my city and everyone in it. I do not want it to fall to Daemon.

"I am the daughter of King Viserys. Do you really think I am going to listen?" I raise an eyebrow at him. He straightens his posture. If i could see his face, I know it would be riddled with approval.

"No, which is why I'm not going to argue with you anymore." He replies.

"Good." I grin back to him. I turn and take off the way I had been going. I have been practicing for this, training for this, waiting for this. Finally, I reach the point where the two sides are colliding. Where Red Keep's soldiers are fighting Daemon's. One of our knights lies on the ground, defending himself while laying on his back, from on opposing soldier attempting to stab him.

I come up behind him and swing my sword around to his face. He doesn't even see me coming. My blade sliced his neck and the blood doesn't hesitate to begin spilling. He falls back, reaching at his neck, but it's no use. I extend my hand and help up the soldier that had been fighting from the ground. He gives a winded thanks then runs back into the battle.

A knight from Daemon's men has managed to scale an entire wall. He stands at the top, looking for a victim. Despite the helmet he wears, I can feel his eyes land on me. He jumps down. The drop is probably about fifteen feet. He manages to land soundly on his feet. It is then that I make the distinction in his armor, how new it is. He is in the Black Guard.

He moves in an animalistic way, charging me as a lion would. I spin out of his reach as he sprints full forced at me. I point my sword at him. His sword is almost double the size, with a thick blade covered in blood. I try not to notice the fear that rises in my gut, but it threatens to consume me.

He steps forward. His sword meets mine. I can feel the strength based on that single slash alone. He drawls back and goes in again. The tip of my blade blocks his. I push forward. He pushes forward. I take note of my surroundings. I'm very close to the wall. Getting pinned against it would mean death. He strikes again. This time, instead of blocking with my sword, I twist to the left. Now we've swapped places. His back faces the wall.

          He jolts forward with a sudden burst of strength and tries to catch my neck with his blade. I step out of the way, but not quick enough. His blade pricked into my skin. I can feel the blood trickling down my neck. It's not a deep wound, but if left unattended I could surely pass out from blood loss.

          He strikes again as I address my wound. I'm not prepared for his attack. His shoulder thrusts into mine, knocking me to the ground. My sword flies out of my hand, onto the earth. I've been knocked on my back. The air doesn't seem to be getting to my lungs. I wheeze for breath. He stands over me like a tower. He points his sword at my neck. I look up, trying to avoid it, but I cannot. He follows me with his blade wherever I try and move to.

          He's stepped on my wrists with his boots so I am unable to move. He rips off his helmet and throws it onto the ground next to me. His hair is long and dark brown, his beard is full and dripping with sweat. His face is just as disgusting as i imaged it would be.

          "I thought you might want to see the face of your killer." His voice is like sandpaper, scratchy and disruptive. He raises his sword to the sky and shuts his eyes. The tip of his blade hurdles toward me. With all my might, I fold my knees and kick up, right between his legs. He doesn't drop his sword, but his grip on my wrists loosen.

          I scramble out from under him and crawl to my sword. I shove the edge of my blade into the thin part of armor between his boot and knee. He staggers back. I slowly climb to my feet. He blindly swishes his sword at me. Somehow he manages to cut my upper arm, near my shoulder. The wound is not deep enough to worry about it.

          I deflect his sword time and time again. Eventually I manage to back him into the wall. He tries to lurch at me again. I pull the knife from inside my sleeve and throw it at him. It catches the top of his left shoulder. He groans in pain. My breath is ragged, uncontrolled, as I step towards him. He tried again to slice me, but I see it coming. I deflect his blow and grab his hand. He cannot move the left side of his body, the pain coming from his shoulder is too much. His hand is weak, the hand that holds his sword. It clatters to the ground.

          I can see the dismay in his eyes- a girl has taken him down, a member of the Black Guard. I narrow my eyes at him and pin my blade against his neck. Though he might stand inches over me, I'm in control, he is at my disposal, I have the high ground.

          His eyes begin to twitch closed, in preparation for the ending of his life. "Open your eyes," I snarl. "Don't you want to see the face of your killer before you die?" I ask, tilting my head to the side. His eyes barely open. I dig my blade into his skin. Blood pools from his skin, trickling down his body and onto my sword. I stare into his eyes as they slowly draw closed. I watch as the life slips away from him.

          Finally, I step back, just a few steps. I watch as his body sags, growing limp. My knife still pulls up the left part of his body. A clap comes from behind me. Then another. Than another. Slowly, I turn to face the sound.

          It's Daemon.

          He stands in the center of the small alley, with two members of the Black Guard by his side. His hair is braided to the side, it flows over his shoulder. I square my shoulders. I am ready to fight again. I am ready to kill.

          "Desmara, when I had told you that we were much alike, I hadn't seen you like this. Now that I have, I realize we are so similar." His words echo around the stone. I grip the handle of my sword. My breath is still ragged and out of control. All I want to do is watch him bleed.

          "We are nothing alike." I snap back. Daemon shakes his head and clicks his tongue.

          "You stood there and watched as the life poured out of my solider. You watched with joy and pleasure. That, Desmara, is nothing short of me." His voice makes me want to cut my ears off. I cannot stand it.

          "Just because I enjoyed killed someone who had tried to kill me moments earlier does not make us alike." My words pour out in fury. He shakes his head and taps the hilt of his sword, which is stowed away in his belt.

          "You killed a Black Guard soldier, Desmara. That deserves a round of applause." He slowly begins to clap his gloved hands. The two knights behind him do the same. I grit my teeth. I hate that sound. I hate the fact that they're cheering. I did what I had to. I had to kill him before he killed me. That does not deserve applause.

          "I think..." Daemon says, taking a few steps closer. I stand my ground. "You and I would make an irresistible team, don't you agree?" He asks. He's just feet away. I am ready to strike if he drawls his sword. I shake my head.

          "I would never join you." I spit.

          "With the proper convincing, you would." His lips curl. He launches at me, grabbing my shoulder. I reach my head down and bite into his gloved hand. The taste of leather is disgusting. I bite with all my force. He yells and curse something or another. I'm so focused on bringing him pain I don't even see the hilt of his sword come down on me and crash into my head.

          Dizzy. The brightness of the sun hurts. I squint my eyes. Falling. I stumble on my feet and nearly fall to the ground. Hands. A pair of hands grab me and drag me up. Yelling. The sounds of men fighting rains all around. Moving. I'm being carried through the battle.

          My eyes want to close. I try and fight it. I need to kill him... I need... To kill... Daemon...

────────────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

307K 13.9K 129
"You will always have half of my heart." 💕 Avalon's childhood, time skips and bonus ending. To be read in conjunction with the Heir// Viserys // Da...
26K 609 5
-----------꧁☦︎꧂----------- "My loyalty lies with the Crown which you wear. This will always include your Heir, my brother." -----------꧁☦︎︎꧂...
103K 2K 18
"The blood of Lucerys will be repaid tenfold. A brother for a brother." In which Daenys Velaryon, the oldest child of Rhaenyra Targaryen and Laenor V...
106K 2.9K 49
Princess Daena and Prince Aemond are childhood best friends turned enemies when tragedy strikes them one night, separating them for what seems like f...