Vulnerable / Klaus Mikaelson...

By lolanuova06

The Devil in Disguise falls for the woman who makes him vulnerable. (Extended Summary inside) The Originals (... More

Act One
Chapter 1: The Savior
Chapter 2: Not The Only Devil
Chapter 3: Detective Madden
Chapter 5: Super-nanny
Chapter 6: Gone Girl
Chapter 7: Bloodlust
Chapter 8: Witch Hunt
Chapter 9: The Harvest
Chapter 10: Grief Interrupted
Chapter 11: The Hex
Chapter 12: Daddy Issues
Chapter 13: Dogs Vs Bats
Chapter 14: Weird Christmas Party
Chapter 15: Altering The Mind
Chapter 16: Fatherhood
Chapter 17: Worth Saving
Chapter 18: Hope
Act Two
Chapter 19: Sign of Weakness
Chapter 20: A Queen
Chapter 21: Mother Dearest
Chapter 22: The Untold Beginning
Chapter 23: The Hunt
Chapter 24: Weakling
Chapter 25: Hey Brother
Chapter 26: New Threat
Chapter 27: The Original Babysitter
Chapter 28: Not-So-Safe House
Chapter 29: After Everything
Chapter 30: Rogue Witch
Chapter 31: The Grinch
Chapter 32: Spell Caster
Chapter 33: Betrayal
Chapter 34: The Scarlet Witch
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 4: The Festival

3.7K 112 3
By lolanuova06

Marcel and Scarlett leaned over Elijah's coffin and stared at him. "This sucker's resilient. He's like a cockroach in a suit. Doesn't matter. Time to give ol' Elijah back to Klaus, anyway."

"Ugh, don't say the K word." Scarlett groaned, mentally face-palming herself.

"What? He break your heart or something?" Marcel teased the girl.

Scarlett glared at him, telling him to keep his mouth shut.

Davina turned away from the window, looking to Marcel. "You asked me to figure out a way to kill the Originals. I'm not done! The silver dagger hurts them, but that's it."

"Davina, we've been through this. Klaus saved my life, I owe him one. Since he wants his brother back-"

"Tonight's the annual Dauphine Street Music Festival." Davina interrupted him, wanting to change the subject. "I wanna go. Please?"

"The whole point of you being up here is so you're never spotted out there." Marcel reasoned with the girl. "You know who works smack in the middle of Dauphine Street? Sophie Deveraux. Pain-in-the-ass witch? And you know what the witches will do to you if they find you."

"But you control the witches. Make her go away!" Davina lightly pouted. Marcel shook his head, making Davina groan in annoyance. "Marcel, it's one night!"

"I said no." Marcel repeated his answer, wanting to be done with the conversation.

Marcel turned away from Davina and walked toward the door to leave when Scarlett stopped him.

"Marcel!" Scarlett called to him, stopping him in his tracks. He turned to the two girls slowly and Scarlett placed her hands on both of Davina's shoulders. "I'll keep an eye on her. She just wants to live a... sort of normal life."

Marcel heaved a sigh, hesitantly agreeing. "Fine."

...

That night, the festival had begun. Scarlett and Marcel walked down Dauphine Street as they watched the young witch. Davina was smiling broadly, looking at all the people and listening to the music. They all walked into Rousseau's, the nearby bar which was teeming with people drinking and listening to a brass band play up front.

"So, is it everything you hoped for?" Marcel asked the girl, imitating the same smile she had on her face.

Davina nodded her head enthusiastically, happy to be where she was. "Yeah!"

"So, we should probably go over the rules." Marcel reminded her.

"I won't talk to anyone about anything. I won't say anything about witches, or vampires, or Originals, or you." Davina repeated his exact words from before.

Marcel nodded at Davina and smiled, proud of her, earning an embarrassed smile in return. "You said you weren't going to hover."

Marcel looked at her incredulously before the two girls laughed, watching the band. Marcel knew it was his time to leave so he left the two alone, letting them have fun.

After a few minutes with Marcel gone, doing his vampire business, Davina and Scarlett watched the band. The hybrid noticed Davina's gaze on one of the band players, he was playing the fiddle.

"Who's the guy?" Scarlett asked Davina.

"What guy? I don't see a guy." Davina tried lying but failed miserably. Scarlett raised her eyebrows at her, making Davina fess up. "Tim. I knew he'd be here for tonight. He's always at these sort of things."

"Aww, you wanted to see your little boyfriend." Scarlett teased.

"He's not my boyfriend." Davina corrected her.

"Well, if he's not by the end of the night, I'll hex him." Scarlett joked lightly, making a genuine smile appear on Davina's face. "Are you going to talk to him?"

Davina sighed heavily, her smile slightly fading. "I hope so."

...

After Tim's performance, the two tried looking for Tim. They wandered around Rousseau's and outside of the bar, trying to find him but they were unsuccessful. "Well, he couldn't have gone far, he just got off-stage a minute ago!"

Davina sighed, blinking away the tears from her eyes. "It doesn't matter, this was a stupid idea anyway."

"No, it wasn't!" Scarlett exclaimed, still having hope. "Davina-"

"Just forget it."

Davina stormed off, leaving Scarlett alone in the bar. Scarlett leaned against the bar counter, not knowing what to do when she heard a voice from beside her. "Hello, love."

Scarlett rolled her eyes, knowing who it was. "I thought that slap to the face would keep you away from me."

"You can never keep me away, love." He assured her. She rolled her eyes, not responding to him comment. "Tell her this is from one of the musicians." Klaus held out a sheet of paper. Scarlett was suspicious but swiped it from his hands anyways. "She'll want to leave, and you're going to want to help her slip out the back exit so Marcel doesn't see. Whatever you do, don't let her out of your sight."

Scarlett was visibly annoyed and went to protest but when she turned around to talk to Klaus, he has already vanished. "Wait, Davina!"

...

After not hearing from Davina for 5 minutes, Scarlett wandered throughout New Orleans, looking for the young girl. She looked all around the festival with her vampire speed until she made her way to the church. That was the last place she looked.

She entered the church to see the double doors were open. She peered inside to see Davina, kneeling on the ground, crying as she held a violin in her hands. "Davina!"

Davina lifted her head up, showing the tears that ran down her face. "Klaus. He set us up."

Scarlett let out a deep sigh as tears welled up in her eyes. She brushed off her feelings and rushed over to Davina's side. She kneeled down next to the girl on the church floor and pulled her close. She wrapped her arms around the young witch and comforted her until the festival was over.

Later that night, Scarlett went home to rest after the night she had. She sat down at the edge of her bed with her back facing the bedroom window. She wiped away her tears quickly, wanting to forget about the night when she heard a loud whoosh. "Klaus. I swear to God, if you don't leave me alone, I will kill you."

"You can't kill me." He remarked, earning a glare from Scarlett. "Listen, I'm sorry. I just need Davina for something."

Scarlett quickly removed herself off of her bed, turning towards Klaus. "If you need her, just ask! But you don't think about that! You think about who you're going to have to hurt along the way to get what you want! I'm tired of it!"

"Scarlett." Klaus began. He stepped towards her, making her jump back, not wanting to be close to him. "I want to be king again and I let my insane imagination get the best of me. I was just thinking about how it could be."

"Oh yeah?" Scarlett crossed her arms over her chest. "And what's that?"

"Me and you." He answered honestly. Scarlett was taken aback by his words but didn't visibly show it. She held the same blank expression that she had before. "Me and you ruling the city. Like a king and a queen. I want a safe home for my little one. I wasn't lying about my feelings for you, Scarlett. It wasn't just for the plan. I meant it."

"Do you expect for everything to be okay just like that?" She wondered. "You hurt Thierry, you hurt Davina... how can I forgive you?"

Klaus tried thinking of a good answer but nothing came up. "You don't have to forgive me. I just wanted you to know that my feelings were real. It was all real."

Scarlett stood before Klaus, looking away from him awkwardly, not knowing what to say. He knew that he wasn't getting a response from her so he knew it was his time to leave. "Goodbye, Scarlett."

And with the blink of an eye, Klaus vanished from her sight. Knowing he was gone, she let it all out. She fell to her knees with her hands cupped over her face. She just wanted to curl up in a ball and die in that moment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 4.8K 58
π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ π’†π’—π’†π’π’Šπ’π’‚ π’ˆπ’Šπ’π’ƒπ’†π’“π’• "𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘯 𝘡𝘸π˜ͺ𝘯" π’‡π’Šπ’π’…π’” 𝒂𝒏 π’–π’π’π’Šπ’Œπ’†π’π’š π’„π’π’π’π’†π’„π’•π’Šπ’π’ π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’Žπ’π’”π’•...
47.9K 1.2K 21
Stefan Salvatore's love story β™‘ Where Stefan stayed for the doppelganger but instead fell for her friend. *There will be some changes in the plot!
642K 15.4K 53
Prologue The notorious Klaus Mikaelson is known for being a merciless and psychotic killer. But many don't know that he once found love with a woman...