One Hundred Fifty

By Rigggell

Fifty, Fifty, Fifty A writing challenge for myself is to create fifty poems, fifty essays, and fifty one-shot... More

POETRY
01 - Sky is You
02 - Unknown Shepherd
03 - 8 Letters
04 - The Purple that got Away
05 - March to Revolution
06 - Fireflies
07 - I'm a Girl
08 - Stoned Place with a Cross
09 - Unbeliever Says
10 - Above All
11 - Paddle Away Ginger Fur
12 - Too Much
13 - Starry Starry Night
14 - Essence
15 - It's hard when you're lazy
16 - It's hard for a first step
17 - It's hard when you have dreams
18 - Thoughts, no title
19 - Sleepy Moon
20 - Baloon
21 - Holes in our Clothes
22 - Paghihintay
23 - Jealousy, Jealousy
24 - Piles of Darkness
25 - My Sleepless Night
26 - Under the Box
27 - The First Bloom of Season
28 - Your enemy
28 - The Late Visitor
29 - Under the Stars
30 - How does love bloom?
31 - Like a Candle
32 - Worthy is Your Name
33 - Weep of a Sheep
34 - Depth of an Ocean
35 - Like a Hypocrite
36 - People Around Me
37 - The Girl with A Beer
38 - The Edge of the Rainbow
39 - Words in Flesh
40 - It's Been Awhile
41 - Nostalgic Raindrops
42 - Why I Escape Writing
43 - What if?
44 - Mirror
45 - You're not kind, you're a fool
46 - My Art
47 - During the Moment I Killed Myself
48 - It Was Love, Until I Saw You Naked
49 - Seventeen
50 - Pangakong Pula
51 - Dito sa gantilyo
52 - Once Upon a Time
53 - I Want To Go Back
54 - Grieve
55 - Life is not simple anymore
56 - Keep my Flower Alive
57 - My Father as an Army
58 - Vanishing Me
59 - Ballistic
60 - Where are you?
61 - She Fell First
62 - Disgrace
63 - Hole Hole Hole
64 - ???
65 - Her Spotlight
66 - Forgotten
67 - backwards
68 - I remember the Rosary
69 - More
69 - on the bus
70 - Look at me... please
71 - Maroon is Underrated
72 - Terza Rima "I"
73 - My Leaf of Ages
74 - Roses became blue
75 - Vilanelle "Row Row"
76 - Turning pages of Anne Frank
77 - Winter when thou will come?
78 - Sunsesoro
ONE SHOT
01 - Paulo's Penitence
02 - Stars Grant Wishes
03 - Boulder
04 - Eiffel Tower
05 - Soldier's Diary
06 - Depression with a Cat
07 - Coronation
08 - Father's Day
09 - Writer's Block
10 - Between The Smoke
11 - See Through Hands
12 - Eel with Soysauce
13 - Judgement Bites
14 - Feelings
15 - What The Sword Can't Break
16 - That's all that Matter (Feelings .2)
17 - Against The Wind
18 - Free to Go
19 - The Singing Bird
20 - Inside the Car, Inside the Computer
21 - Stefano
22 - Your Beauty
23 - Turn Off the Lights
24 - A Serenade at a Sea
25 - Isang Sapad ng Dahon
26 - Three Hours
27 - A Novice Wish
28 - Tidal
29 - As a Stranger
30 - Stages of Suppression
31 - The Art of Letting Go
32 - What's the Difference?
33 - Who Needs Help?
33 - Magic Box
34 - The Tree of Estrella
35 - My Blood
36 - Beauty and the Beat
38 - My Girlfriend, Monica
39 - Just One Day
40 - Pack of Cigarettes
41 - The Clueless Writer
42 - Windows
ESSAY ENTRIES
01 - Writer's Voice
02 - Fiction: The Land of Daydreaming
03 - Rock Bottom of Faith
04 - Tips For Lazy People?
05 - Success is the Enemy
06 - The Puzzle Love Theory

37 - Efflorescence

0 0 0
By Rigggell

"Goodbye class!"

Every echoes of the little child's voices is a music to an ear... but one particular little boy stands out as he pasted his little big smile on his face while gripping on the strap of his bag, with the big banana tumblr on his palms and running past the door which the parents are waiting. The teacher in front laugh as she stared at the enthusiasm of the boy, gone past his own mother.

"Why is Sid so excited to go home?"

The woman smiled dearly and watched Sid running farther away from them on the hallway, without looking back. "Oh, our son's not going home yet. He still needs to visit the hospital."

A gasp fell from the teacher's mouth. "Another illness? Or just a follow up consultation?"

"Follow up."

"How's his legs? And isn't he supposed to be scared going to a check up?"

The woman laughed lightly, "Sid? Of course he's nervous and scared at the same time, what scares a kid?."

The teacher laughed. "What makes him so happy though?"

The woman remove her gazes from the teacher in front and smiled at the direction of her son, now turning his back at them, jumping with his hands waving extremely for her to get near. Must have realized he doesn't know how to drive.

"Oh, his girlfriend."

The teacher bat her own eyes. "But he's six."

That little boy, Sid, skipped on his feet and travelled from the long long hallway of the school. He smiled upon the car passing by, and in his eyes it looks just like her car.

A hands hold his, and he squeek saying. "My knee needs check up!" over and over again.

In the hallway of the hospital, bench are just around the room that they are passing by. Some people just with their dextrose, in a wheelchair, just casually staring at nowhere. Some, if not in a lab gown, white gown, or patient's gown, are clothed with a swollen eyes and rushed garments.

The little boy, Sid, and his parents are the only one smiling. Until they reach out a room.

Room 307, there's some noise going on behind the door. Sid knows as he stick his ears upon the sliding the entrance. The metal felt cold between his skin but there's a girl with a melody inside he could only think of. Sid smiled. He doesn't know what the title is, nor what the song is about. He just know she's in there, and she's singing.

Means, she's still alive.

"Open the door, Sid. Greet your friend."

The little kid, Sid, opened the door. He was greeted by a sight of the white curtains, seemingly dancing along the winds and the melody produced by the girl layed on the hospital bed. Everything is white, the ceiling, the sheets, pillows, floor, even her lips.

He immediately rush towards and the song is getting louder.

"Eliza...?" The boy's voice suddenly get weakened.

The little girls' eyes threw wide open and smiled a little. "Sid! Is your knees okay now?"

"Yeah." he pouted and sat at the side of the bed to take a peek on her a little more. "Why's your face so white? It's not winter yet."

"It's because my bloods are eating each other."

"In school, they call that cannibalism."

"Oh, here, it's leukemia."

He glance at the book laying at the girls table and pointed it out. "What's that?" He asked. Suddenly in glee.

Eliza sat up straight and reached out for the book, Sid then proceed to sat beside her, closer, the book with the big white flower as the cover opened. "It's a book listed with plalels!" Sid bursted out all the way from his knee going up the bed and crossing it so he could get more closer to the book, and to Eliza.

Eliza flipped some pages and then halted... the pointed out a flower, lilac and red. "Buy me this when you marry me." Eliza said.

He knotted his eyebrows, he knows what marrying is, her parents does that. "But I don't want to marry you."

"Why not?" Her eyebrows lifted up paired from her round hazel nut eyes blinking.

"Because... Just because!" His mom and dad argued all the time, after marrying each other. He doesn't want that to happen with Eliza, she can't shout like her mom does, or can take a shout like what her father does.

"You have to change your mind. If you're not the one I'm gonna marry, I might marry the wrong boy." Eliza said and looked at him with a frown written on her face.

"What does this flower means?" Sid pointed the page. His face tried to look disapproving and disinterested but his voice failed him. Eliza sweetly smile as she stared at the graffiti, with her pale skin, she turn to the sunlight facing her windows.

"White Rose? Innocence, purity, fresh beginnings."

"Something you really like." Sid said in a serious tone and also looked at the window. Though, there's a glimpse of sunshine, the wind passing caught him cold.

He got up from his seat and held the metal handle at the side of the bed and hop a little.

"Sid, you're not allowed to lay beside me."

"It's cold."

"And we're 18."

"Who cares."

Eliza laughed a little. "Unless... You wanna marry me?"

"You wish." Sid said and turn to the left side where he can face Eliza, trying to fit himself and tucking him with the white thin blanket. Underneath, he grasped Eliza's hands.

"Your hands are cold."

"It's always been."

"I'll keep it warm."

"I know you love me, Sid."

"Is hallucination part of your symptoms?"

Eliza laughed a little more but also held his hand firmly.

"What?? Eliza. What do you mean marriage?"

The hospital room is filled with pink baloons, party popper, shredded pieces of colorful papers and letters engraved. Cake, cookies... The family of Eliza had left after he arrived, it's just the two of them. Eliza isn't pale anymore, she can now stood with her feet, mobe it forward and backward.

"I beat leukemia... Sid. I finally did it." Eliza said reaching both of his hands and removing the hardened fist forming while trying to smile sweetly.

"I know. I know. I'm happy... But... What... What marriage are you talking about?"

Eliza looked at him, without eyeing a blink. "I'm marrying him. I've been laying on that bed for the past 13 years, Sid, and I know right there that holding back cannot occupy my life in any ways..."

"But you just met him! For like, five months?!" He said, completely shock, bewilderness is written on his face. But Eliza shook her head.

"That five months is enough, Sid."

"No, it's not!"

"Yes it is! Please don't disapprove anymore... You're my bestfriend, I need your support on this..."

"How can I support a ridiculous idea? How can I agree with something that can ruin your life?!"

"What are you so mad about?" Eliza shut her eyes for a moment. "Sid. I confessed to you a couple of times. I was afraid whenever I would do it, because I know it can ruin what we have build, but you settled with your mediocrity and you've been scared all your life! While I'm not. In falling in love I was always brave, and so I was with moving on."

"While you. Sid. Always been a liar of what he feels, for that reason you've always been stucked. Your cowardness is not making you better but stupid!" Eliza's voice, for the first time, got loud and Sid cannot talk anymore.

"You're bitter. Because you know ti yourself that he did something for five months a thing that you can't do for ten years."

Tears started to roll from her eyes, Sid cannot look anymore. The understanding they had was gone, he need to accept it.

He wasn't ready. Eliza was, and he knew her life was a race from the start, he couldn't keep up. He's defeated from the pace.

"I'm sorry."

"Took you long enough."

Eliza wiped her tears and stop from sniffing. While Sid, grasped the flowers hiding at his back, red rose.

"This was late, but I think I would also regret if I won't give this to you."

Eliza gladly accepted it, as always with a sweet smile, just like how she would conquer the battles in her life.

And in exchange, Eliza gave her a plucked white rose...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.4K 2K 30
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
256K 8K 183
What if a PokΓ©mon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
307K 18.4K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...