A Deal with a Demon (Mephiles...

By Austere_Anxiety

You're a bit down on your luck. You don't have a lot of money, people are rude to you, and to make matters wo... More

Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8 (WARNING)
Ch. 10
Ch. 11

Ch. 9

483 26 65
By Austere_Anxiety

Am I-
Am I posting chapters too fast??
I can't help it okay, Mephiles is my comfort character and I just have to write about him---
DON'T FIGHT ME FOR I AM A SCARED GERBIL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before you knew it, it was your last day at the coffee shop.

You were in the back, taking a break, and you were rather surprised to see a man walk up to you.

Naturally, you were immediately on high alert, but you still waited to see what he wanted.

"Miss L/N, is that correct?" He asked, to which you nodded, eyeing him suspiciously.

"My name's Micah. Micah Smith. I'm a private investigator." Huh?

You were still very much on high alert, but you were clearly listening.

"The man you're with. Michael. He's dangerous. You ought to stay away from him." Right.

Of course.
Sure.

"Why?" You asked, crossing your arms.

"Like I said, he's dangerous. There are many deaths attributed to him." Hah... you'd seen it with your own eyes.

You already knew.

"Right... listen, my break's almost over, I better go back in-" With a firmer tone, the man spoke again.

"I don't think you're understanding-" Irritated, you interrupted him right back.

"No, I understand fully. I'm aware of what he's capable of. I just... don't care. He took me out of a life of never-ending hard work that led to nothing. He... saved me." You trailed off, feeling your heart pound just thinking about him.

"So if that'll be all..." You suddenly found your wrist tightly grabbed, and now your heart was pounding for a whole nother reason.

"I don't think you understand what he is." Glaring, you tried to wrest yourself from his hold, but to no avail.

"What, the guy who saved me? The guy who showed me life can actually be enjoyable and not something that just needs to be done?" You snapped, though still couldn't get your wrist free.

"He's a demon." Huh?

You stopped for a moment, looking at the man as if he was crazy, though as you glanced down, you noticed a cross around his neck, hanging from a silver chain.

"You believe in that sort of stuff, huh?" You replied, trying to pretend you didn't believe him.

But it was to no avail.

"... You know." He said, his grip on you loosening enough for you to take your wrist back.

"Yeah. And he's done nothing but good for me. I don't care what he is. He's saved me countless times, and for that, I'm grateful. Eternally so." Micah seemed to look at you with... pity in his eyes.

You hated it.

You didn't need his pity.

"And what has he asked for in return?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"None of your business." You snapped back bitterly, rubbing your wrist.

"It is very much my business. Beings like him are my sworn enemy." What?

You looked at Micah, wondering what exactly he could be talking about.

"It seems you don't fully understand." He said, closing his eyes for a brief moment.

Opening them, you noticed just how piercing of a blue they were.

"I'm an angel. I hunt demons that dare to meddle with the mortal world. He's been on my radar for many years, and I'm finally catching up to him." Wh-what?

An angel?

You'd almost forgotten those were a thing.

"You're being corrupted by him. He doesn't have your best interest in mind. If you know what's good for you, you'll leave." Tch.

Visibly irritated, you glared at the angel, not interested in taking orders from him.

"Leave the guy who's done nothing but good for me? Yeah, I don't think so." Micah sighed deeply.

It seems Mephiles had a tighter grip on you than initially thought.

"Just leave, okay? I'm not giving up what I have now to go back to a life that's abandoned by the likes of you." Micah looked to you, confused.

"A life of nothing but hard work... I never got a break. Hell, I was even kidnapped! And who saved me? He did. Had I prayed to be saved, I'm willing to bet you my life itself that they'd have fallen on deaf ears. I'm sick and tired of all this 'God is great' stuff. What does a parent say when their child survives a surgery? 'Thank God!' But what about the surgeon who did the surgery? The one who dedicated years of their life to saving people. And then God is thanked for doing absolutely nothing. Thanks, but no thanks. God turned Their back on me. So I'm turning my back on Them." You snarled bitterly, before returning back inside, slamming the door as you did.

Tch!

You'd long since rejected that life.

And there was no way you were going back to it.

Hell to the no.

Frank and Brett said their goodbyes to you with several cupcakes the latter had baked and decorated, and you were definitely going to miss them.

But the job itself?

Good riddance.

You'd never go back to that.

Sat in the car on the way back to your shared home, you were quietly still fuming, which Mephiles had indeed noticed.

"Micah get on your nerves, my dear?" He asked, and you nodded.

"Yeah, he tried to convince me to leave you! Saying you were dangerous, how many you'd killed and-" ... Hold up.

"How do you know I talked to him?" You asked, turning to him.

As per usual, he was tapping his thumbs on the steering wheel in tune with the music.

"I know many things. And I always keep an eye out for my enemies. We've been fighting for many years. Your great-grandparents weren't even born when we began our little... feud." Oh.

"Is he dangerous?" You asked, looking out of the window for a brief moment.

"Not to a mortal such as yourself. Even if it was to destroy me, he'd never end the life of a mortal. He's quite harmless." That was always something.

As long as you didn't have to worry about him!

"What about you?" You asked, watching as the light turned green.

"What about me?" He replied, turning left.

"Is he dangerous to you?" To this, Mephiles laughed.

"Don't be ridiculous. I've always been several steps ahead of him. And I still am. I wouldn't worry about it." Ah, that was a relief...

You made your way into the penthouse, and you immediately threw yourself on the sofa, giggling.

"I'm free!" You said cheerfully, hugging a cushion tightly.

"We should celebrate, no?" Said Mephiles, heading into the kitchen for a short moment, before returning with a bottle of champagne.

It looked expensive.

"Eh? I've never had alcohol before!" You said, sitting yourself up.

"There's a first time for everything. Besides, you're old enough to drink it." After retrieving two glasses, Mephiles filled them, and you stared at the bubbly liquid for a moment, before you felt him clinking his glass against yours.

"To freedom." He said, to which you nodded.

"To freedom!"

You woke up in the middle of the night.

Ugh... how much did you drink...?

Granted, you'd never had anything before, and both your parents were apparently lightweights, so that probably didn't help either.

You slowly sat yourself up, and quickly noticed that you weren't wearing much.
Just your underwear, really.

What exactly had happened?

Mephiles stepped out from the kitchen, smiling as he saw you.

"Finally cooled down?" He asked, obviously referring to the fact you weren't wearing your clothes.

"U-uhm... what happened?" Amused, sat himself beside you and turned on the large TV.

"Not much. You had about five glasses, complained it was too hot, and took off most of your clothes. I had to fight you for you to not remove your underwear as well. A fight which I, obviously, won. Then you promptly passed out." O-oh...

You stared at your lap, embarrassed, but at least you hadn't gotten fully nude.

"What time is it?" You asked, rubbing your eyes.

"About 2 AM." He replied, leaning back in his seat.

"I'm... going to take a bath." You said, scurrying to the master bathroom to shower.

You worried you'd fall asleep in the bathtub if you laid there with warm water, so figured it was best to just shower.

You exited the bathroom after you felt you'd washed the alcohol off you, as well as brushed your teeth, and as the bathroom was connected to your shared bedroom, you didn't have to pass the living room in order to get dressed.

You wore a simple, short nightgown, pastel blue in colour, as well as panties of course, with a silk kimono robe atop it, before returning to Mephiles, who was still watching TV.

Silent, you seated yourself next to him.

Then leaned against him.

Before finally nuzzling against him, seeking attention.

Attention which you, naturally, received.

You crawled into his lap, held close by him, and found yourself growing ever so sleepy, despite having taken one hell of a nap earlier.

As you drifted off, you smiled softly.

To think people wanted to tear you from him.

Your saviour.

You'd stay with him for as long as he'd have you.

You just hoped it'd last for a lot longer still.

Mephiles watched as you quietly snoozed, eventually carrying you into bed and tucking you in.

He gently stroked your cheek, finding your sleeping form to be so... peaceful.

"It seems I've grown a little too fond of you, girlie." He spoke softly so as to not wake you, wanting you to rest undisturbed.

"But I have you now." He continued, his eyes beginning to glow in the dim light.

"And now that I have you..." With his eyes on you, they were at their brightest, and while his voice was still soft, it'd become somewhat distorted, much like the day he'd saved you from those wretched mortals.

"I'm never letting you go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 462 24
Hey stop only adding this book to your lists to read! Add the one that says "slight rewritten" too, im moving it and fixing a couple of things, this...
74.4K 1.1K 33
So like since I'm a D:BH stan and Connor(and Hank) are my favorite characters AND I read WAY TOO MANY Connor x Reader stories, I decided to wrote som...
15.1K 615 20
You let a demon hellbent on destruction inhabit your body. What could possibly go wrong? Will take place in a Sonic Boom AU. Title is stupid, I know...
17.7K 163 26
A collection of oneshots written by yours truly. Requests are open, so feel free to ask. I don't to straight ships, GxG, or genderbend. Angst, smut...