Stranger Things Imagines

By ObsidianLies

Just as the title says. If you have any requests, let me know and I'll get to them when I can. There's a lot... More

Favourite Song
Eddie's Graduation
Henderson!
Delayed Reaction
Comfortable
New Birthday
Finding Dart
Bad Swimmer
Crying In The Woods
Beach Day
Left Out
Haircut
The Freak Vs The Hair
Vol 2
1K!
I'll Cover You
Late
Welcome To Hellfire
'Business Trip'
Talking To The Dead
Rainy Day
Makeup
2K!
Grief
Recovery
Roller Rink
Surprise!
Singing In The Shower
Heatwave
Break Up
3K!
Cheerleading
Tattoos And Buzzed Hair
5 Drunks and A Girl
Bait And Betrayal
Stockholm Syndrome
4K!
New Style
Chimes & Vines
D&D + Immortality
5K!
Promo Video
Love Language
Bad Haircut
Learning To Drive
6K!
Stray
Saving Dustin
A/N
7K!
A Night With The Mayfields
Weekend Away
Ring Code
8K!
Guilt
High As A Kite
Awkward Explanation
9K!
Embarrassing
Forgotten Song
10K!
Nightmare
New Employees
11K!
Mother Figure
12K!
13K!
New Book!
14K!
15K!
16K!
17K!
MADMAX
Reconnect
Failsafe
Intentions
Instincts

Old Friend

251 7 1
By ObsidianLies

"Do you truly believe that we can be free from this place?"

"I do." I reply as I look at the blonde haired boy. "Don't you?"

"No." He shakes his head. "No, I believe that we are prisoners here as much as the children are."

"Some prisoners get let out. Not everyone has a life sentence." I reason.

"But we do. It's highly likely that we will be trapped here until the day we die."

"I try not to think about it that way. I like to have hope that there's a life for us on the outside."

"Y/N, your optimism is quickly becoming naivety." I stare at the ground as I frown before feeling his hand gently turn my face back to his. "But I will continue searching for a way out. Then we can both be free. Together."

"We have to find a way."

"Stay here. I'll come back for you once I've found the best exit - there's only one room I haven't checked."

"Hurry back. I don't want them to catch you."

He flashes a final smile before leaving me alone in this white room. I've been an orderly here for so long that I can't even remember a life outside of these walls. 'Peter' has been a shining light in this darkness. We truly care deeply for each other. He told me his name is actually Henry, though I'm not sure why the name Peter was ever mentioned.

Doing as he told me, I stay in this bland room and wait for his return. With nothing to do, I'm stuck with my thoughts. The more time goes by, the more the intrusive thoughts invade my mind. It's been like an hour. At least I think it has. Henry hasn't come back yet. What if they caught him? Did they hurt him? Is he dead?

Unable to control my paranoia, I disregard his words and leave the room to find him. Carefully, I roam the halls trying not to get caught. When I turn the corner, I'm startled by the bodies of staff on the floor surrounded by blood. What the hell? Shit, I need to find Henry.

I start running through the halls screaming his name, desperate to find him. Please don't be dead. All caution is thrown out of the window. Almost sliding, I burst through the doors of the rainbow room. I come to an instant halt when I see them. The kids... They're all dead. Murdered. I'm sick to my stomach. I stare in shock. Henry did this. No, he can't have. I don't want to believe it but it's true. Everyone is dead apart from a single girl but I can't tell who.

"Y/N..." His attention turns to me and his face softens.

"What-what have you done?" I'm frozen in my tracks with my breathing now shaky.

"I told you to wait."

The girl uses his distraction to her advantage and starts to fight back. Out of fear, I sprint away and out of the main doors since there's nobody there to guard them anymore. Constantly checking over my shoulder, I race into the woods. Eventually, I fall to the floor and lean against a tree. I think I lost him. Tears stream as I curl up into a ball - hyperventilating. That's not the Henry I know. I've just left that poor girl to fend for herself. Maybe I could've saved her if I didn't flee. What am I supposed to do now? I've escaped but at what cost?

Cut to 1986....

For the last few years I've tried to build a normal life. That proved a difficult task with nobody knowing of my existence and my lack of knowledge of how to function as a regular human in society. I found some kind souls who helped me. Over the years, I gained a small friend group who I would do anything for. I don't leave the house too much though because of the incident.

I've made a lot of progress in a normal life - though you can never shake something as horrific as the massacre. I live in constant fear that Henry will find me. Though I believed him to be dead by the end of that day, there's a sense of dread that he's still out there. Not a day goes by that I don't think about that girl. I still regret leaving her behind - I will never forgive myself.

Given my traumatic past, I'm glad that I have been fortunate enough to get a job that allows me to work from home. I have to convince people to buy stuff they don't need over the phone - plus I make my own hours. It's pretty perfect for me. I'm taking an extended lunch break purely because I'm not in the mood to work much today.

I've had a prolonged feeling of dread lately. The same thing happened around the time the mall fire happened - plus a little bit in the couple of years prior. Somehow, I feel that it's related. Suddenly, there's a frantic knock at the door. Who is it? Nobody ever comes here. I clutch onto the baseball bat I keep for safety as I slowly approach and open the door.

"Hi." It's a group of teenagers.

"Uh, hi... Can I help you?"

"Are you Y/N L/N?" An older girl with short hair and a determined look in her eyes asks me.

"Who's asking?"

"Some people who really need your help." A younger boy with dark curly hair speaks up.

"Can we come in and talk?"

Though extremely hesitant, I let them all in - quick to shut the door behind them. I offer them drinks as they take seats and introduce themselves. With that out of the way, I sit in the chair in front of them ready to figure this thing out.

"I don't understand. How am I essential to helping you with whatever your problem is?"

"We need information about the experiments at staff at the Hawkins lab." Steve states.

"H-how do you know about the lab?" I question as the memory comes flooding back.

"We're friends with Eleven." Max informs me.

"What? You know Eleven? Where is she? Is she okay?" I bombard them with questions. They explain how they met her and where she's at. "At least she's okay. This whole time I thought she was dead. I blamed myself for running away instead of trying to help her. I always liked Eleven. She was a sweet girl - the runt of the litter. The other kids would bully her a lot - so I tried to be kind whenever we interacted. That was almost impossible to do without being punished."

"You were an orderly, right?" Dustin asks for clarification.

"Yeah, but not by choice." They look to me for elaboration. "I had been out of school for a couple years and I was struggling to find something I wanted to do. One day an internship opened up for scientific research at the lab. Obviously I took the opportunity. I thought it'd be a good way to get into the industry. As soon as I walked in I never came out again. I didn't see sun for years. Given everything went on, that's the last thing I should complain about."

"What about Henry?" Robin shocks me at the mention of his name.

"How do you know about Henry? We didn't really have names there though he went by Peter. I was the only person who knew his actual name." They proceed to tell me about what 'Vecna' has done to innocent teenagers including Max and what he showed Nancy.

"We need to kill him before he kills red here and merges the dimensions." Eddie gestures to Max.

"She escaped him once but she's still cursed." Lucas reiterates.

"So, you want me to risk my life again to save Hawkins and potentially the world?"

"We wouldn't be here if we weren't desperate." Nancy states.

"Like really desperate." Robin clarifies.

"Super. Super desperate." Steve adds.

"I know, I just wanted to clarify. I thought I was just gonna be giving you information."

"Will you help us?" Dustin asks. I take a minute to consider everything before reluctantly agreeing.

This is not how I expected my day to go. We spend a while hanging around my living room and kitchen as we try to come up with a plan. Things are falling into place before Max makes a controversial statement.

"I'll be the bait."

"No!" Everyone protests.

"Absolutely not. I can't let you do that." I join them.

"You don't even know me."

"I don't need to. I watched those kids suffer for years. I saw the bodies. I watched the last one fall to the floor. I ran out of fear and left Eleven behind to die. Until today I thought she was dead and I never forgave myself for leaving her there. I'm not letting you take the risk of dying and leaving your friends."

"If I don't then who will?"

"Me."

"We're not using anyone as bait." Steve interrupts.

"We have to." Max makes them realise the truth.

"I'll be the bait, okay? Not Max."

"Are you sure about this?" Robin asks.

"That's why I'm here, right? You could've got help from anyone but you came to me because I knew him. You know that this is the way to go."

"Slight problem." Eddie stands up. "For all we know, he has no idea you're involved."

"He's going for Max regardless." Lucas finishes the thought. "She has to be the bait."

"Fine." I sigh. "But I'm staying with you and making sure you come out alive. No running this time."

All in agreement, we get geared up to fight. I never thought I'd be in this position. In the stolen trailer, my group is first to be dropped off. I'm the last to leave, telling them to be careful and wishing them luck. I'm not exactly thrilled that Erica is with us. She's the same age the other kids were - Henry doesn't care about how old you are.

Each of us takes a lantern and splits from the group to find him. When the blue lights signal his presence, Erica quickly leaves and heads to her post. The rest of us set up in the attic. It's a lot of sitting around before anything happens. We reassure Max that we'll be ready to pull the plug at a moments notice before she's put in a trance. He's here.

Though we're on edge, things appear to be going as planned. However, a boy around Robin's age runs in demanding we stop what we're doing and let Max go.

"Who are you?" I question.

"None of your business, ma'am. Now let her go."

"Listen, you have to leave for your own safety."

"Why? Or you'll kill me too?"

"What? We're not hurting anyone."

"Bullshit. Wake her up!"

Things escalate very quickly as this kid tries to fight us. I hear a crunch and turn to see the Walkman destroyed. Max is being lifted off the ground - I can't let this happen again. Lucas takes the fight across the room as I rush to Max.

"No, no, no. You're not going that easily." I take my Walkman from my pocket and place the headphones on Max before blasting the song.

Finally, my paranoia pays off. I own the same tape and brought it for backup. I turn to help Lucas and see a gun pointed at him. With the adrenaline rush, I grab a loose plank of wood and hit the stranger hard enough to knock him out.

"Max!" Lucas shouts as he sees her slightly off the ground.

"Lucas, it's okay! She's okay. I put the song on."

"Her Walkman is broken."

"There's more important things going on. We can get her a new one later."

"Thanks for bringing a spare. You saved her because of it."

"We don't know for sure yet. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just terrified."

We watch Max and hope for her safety. Lucas tells me about Jason as we stare. Erica runs in clearly having dealt with Jason's friends. I check her over for injuries. Suddenly, Max falls down into Lucas' arms gasping for air.

"Max! I'm here, Max. You're okay." Lucas comforts her.

"Max, it's alright. What did you see?"

"B-Billy. He was angry. Then he changed. He had me pinned and was about to kill me."

"You're safe now."

"Did they kill him?" Erica asks as she stands back.

"No." Max shakes her head as tears form in her eyes.

"Okay..." I mutter and take a deep breath as I prepare to take her role as the bait.

"Hey, Henry! We need to talk!" I yell.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" Lucas looks up at me.

"Going to see an old friend."

"He'll kill you!" Is the last thing I hear before I'm put in a trance like Max.

I look around and suddenly find myself back in the rainbow room. Never did I think I would be back here. In walks Henry - the blonde beauty I once knew. That's not how Nancy and Max described his appearance though.

"It's been a while, sweetheart." He smiles as he walks towards me.

"Hi, Henry. You can't fool me. Show me the real you and we can talk." He obliges and turns into his Vecna form.

"Is this what you wanted? To see me like this?"

"What happened to you?"

"The world threw me aside. It only ever wronged us."

"Did you mean anything you ever said to me? Did you really care about me? About us?" I try not to tear up as I recall each memory.

"Yes. Of course. I wanted nothing more than to have a better life together - you and I."

"That's what I wanted too. But you killed everyone - even those poor kids."

"We can still be together. Reshape the world side by side."

"You really think I would choose to stay with you after everything you've done - after everyone you've killed? Guess again because it's never gonna happen!"

"There are other ways to keep you. We shall remain together - you by my side for eternity."

Realising that he intends to kill me, reanimate me and enslave me to be at his side forever - I sprint out of the double doors once again. I vowed I wouldn't run anymore, but running through these halls is the only way to buy more time.

He replays the memories as I pass them by. It feels like I'm going round in circles. Each corner is the same. I can't see him but I know he's here somewhere. After who knows how long of endless running, I finally come across some doors. I immediately rush in only to realise that I'm back in the rainbow room with Henry blocking the exit. I'm trapped. I cower and retreat to the wall. I try to keep a brave face as he slowly creeps towards me.

"I never wanted to hurt you Y/N." He runs his slimy hand down my cheek as I struggle to keep my breathing steady. "Know that I take no pleasure in doing this."

I close my eyes and brace for death. I'm not ready to die but if I must sacrifice myself for the others to survive then so be it. Instead of death, I hear a pained groan and open my eyes to see Henry in the air and struggling to move.

"Hi." He gets thrown through the wall before my saviour comes to check on me. "Are you okay, Y/N?"

"Eleven?" She just smiles at the recognition. "Oh my- it's so good to see you. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have left you. I thought you were dead. I never forgave myself." I ramble.

"It's okay. You were scared."

"Look at you...Wait, how are you here?"

"I piggybacked from a pizza dough freezer." She says nonchalantly.

"...What?" Before she can explain, Henry forces her away from me.

"You!"

They fight back and forth and I try to figure out what to do. I can exactly just leave. I scramble to find anything to use as a weapon to help Eleven. Mid-swing, I'm stopped and slammed into the wall. I've gone dizzy - I can't stand or I'll fall. The next thing I know, everything is red and Eleven is  being tied up so she can't move.

"Eleven..." I say weakly with my vision still slightly blurry.

"I want you to watch." He tells her before coming to get me.

"Henry, please. Don't do this." I plead as vines wrap around me.

"Try not to move, darling. It'll all be over soon."

The pressure that's suddenly thrusted in my limbs is overwhelming. How is this my fate? My lover is my killer. Those teenagers don't know my favourite song - hell I don't know either. I failed her again. This is it. This is how it ends. Pressure builds and my left arm snaps leaving me in an ungodly amount of pain as I try to fight back. Suddenly, the pressure disappears and I fall to the floor.

"Ow! Fuck! Shit! Fucking fuck! Motherfucker!" I cry out in agony.

"Oh my god! Y/N, you okay?" Lucas runs over with the girls behind him.

"We thought you were a goner." Max adds.

"So did I."

"Is he dead?"

"I don't know." I try to catch my breath. "Eleven! She was there! She was fighting him!"

"Is she okay?"

"I don't know. I think it's over. Let's go meet the others. Hopefully everyone is still alive."

"What about going to the hospital? He broke your arm." Max urges me to get it checked out.

"It can wait."

We grab our things and rush over to the trailer park. As we approach Eddie's trailer, we see the others slowly filter out of it.

"Dustin!" Lucas calls out to him as they all run to meet and embrace each other.

"What happened to him?" I ask as Steve practically drags Eddie out.

"Demobats wanted him for dinner."

"Did everyone make it?"

"Where's Robin?" Erica asks them

"So, I cut it off. Still don't know why you let me do it." Robin rambles as she stumbles out of the trailer. "Oh, hey guys." She smiles breathlessly as Erica runs over and hugs her. This seems uncharacteristic, but she's been through a lot today so she needs it.

"We need to get him to the hospital." Nancy states and they start heading to a vehicle.

"How are you planning on explaining this? Take him to my place instead. I have a bunch of stuff stored because I'm an extremely cautious and paranoid person. I'm trusting you know how to disinfect wounds?"

"I do actually." Nancy is shocked by herself.

"Everything you need should be in the top left cupboard in the kitchen. You guys go there. Steve, I need you to take me to the hospital because my arm is broken."

"How'd you do that?"

"I didn't. It's a long story. I'll explain in the car."

1 year later...

It took many months for Eddie's wounds to heal but at least he lived. A couple of days after the incident, they were reunited with friends and family whilst I finally got to see Eleven again. They introduced me to Joyce and Hopper who made me part of the family. The stories we've shared are wild.

I've never felt so loved. It still feel weird to say that I'm friends with a bunch of teenagers and young adults but there you go. I'm one of the people who seems to take on the babysitting role. You can't create a bond like ours because nobody has ever been through the same stuff. I almost died for them when I knew nothing about them. Now I'd sacrifice my life for them any day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 152 17
𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝟴𝟬𝘀 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱, 𝗻𝗼 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗲𝘅𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗰. 𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗹𝗲𝘆 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘄�...
6.2K 92 15
𝘽𝙤𝙮 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙨 𝘽𝙤𝙮 𝘽𝙤𝙮 𝙝𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙨 𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙚𝙥𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝘽𝙤𝙮𝙨 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚... 𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙨𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚...
40.8K 555 60
[ 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 ] ♥︎ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒑𝒔 𝒊 𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆, 𝒔𝒐 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒆𝒕, 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐧 « 𝑖𝑚𝑎𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑...
177K 6.2K 31
"𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐮𝐡..." "𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲. 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲, 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲... 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥." 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫...