Butterflies and Puppets

By Kimmi369

Mayumi Inuzuka. She's not really an Inuzuka but Tsume pretty much has raised her best friends daughter. Mayum... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 26

67 2 0
By Kimmi369

What do I do? What do I do? There's no way I can win the damn fight. I'm good as done! Come on Mayumi, you can do this! Better yet.. no I can't.. maybe?

Lifting my arm up to help stretch it out then I hold my hand out to shake his hand he laughs and shakes it.

"Well, this fight is already over with, isn't that right Ryota?" Buyuu smirks.

"Indeed." He replies crossing his arms smiling. "She did have a plan after all.

"What the hell are you two talking about?" Kankuro asks in confusion. "She shouldn't even be fighting!"

"May the best one win." I say with a weak smile.

"I'll end this fast." He says letting go of my hand and jumping back.

"You already fell into my trap." I look at him with a evil grin on my face. "I'm the one who's ending this." I state closing my eyes changing both of my eye color to blood red, he falls down onto the ground screaming holding his head.

"MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP!" He screams even more, laying on the ground a few more mornings until. "I quit! I forfeit!" He says trying to raise his hand. "JUST MAKE IT STOP!" He cries.

Hayate just stands there in shock. "Uh...uh...Mayumi Sarutobi is the winner."

I hear that I won holding my head tightly then I can feel myself collapse onto the ground passing out.

"What the hell was that?!" Naruto and Kankuro shout looking over to team 0 smiling.

"Genjutsu." Buyuu states giving him a closed eye smile.

"She had just enough chakra left to use her Ketsurygan." Ryota explains watching the paramedics put her on a stretcher and take off with her.

"Kets-what?" Naruto mutters.

"Ketsurygan. It's her Kekkei Genkai." Buyuu laughs.

"I've never heard of that." Temari remarks. "What exactly is it?"

"She can cast a Genjutsu on her opponent by making eye contact... Arul, or touching a person." Ryota explains watching them take their teammates body onto a stretcher.

"Who-who is Arul?" Kankuro asks eye twitching.

"The butterfly of course!" Buyuu laughs.

"When-?" Naruto starts off. "Oh! She shook his hand!"

"She knew she couldn't fight. So she forced him to forfeit." Gaara states.

"I wonder what she showed him." Kankuro wonders.

Ryota freezes. "Whatever it was... I feel sorry for that guy.."

"Oh yeah, I forgot she got you with her Ketsurygan." Buyuu remembers as he snaps his fingers.

"Yeah.. it wasn't pleasant.."

"What was it about?" Naruto questions.

He hesitates and shuffles his feet. "She showed me mutilating my parents over and over in different ways..."

Everybody looks over to Ryota uneasy now in an awkward silence...

"She said it was harmless." Buyuu said eye twitching.

"Well... that's... disturbing..." Temari finally breaks the silence.

"Dark and Twisty is more like it." Kankuro adds shifting his weight uncomfortably.

"Come on, Ryota. Let's go check on her." Buyuu says tapping his arm.

They start walking off when Temari shouts. "Kankuro! It's your turn!"

"I really want to see what he's capable of.." Buyuu whispers.

"And what the hell she sees in him." Ryota says protectively causing Buyuu to stop walking and turn to him.

"You've fallen for her?" Buyuu asks raising an eye brow.

"Like you haven't?"

"Like we have a chance?"

"What if we do?"

"We're more like brothers to her."

Ryota sighs. "I know we don't. I just feel protective for her for some reason."

"That's because we're team mates. We should always protect each other." Buyuu says putting a hand on Ryotas shoulder looking at each other. "It's okay to love each other. We're basically family at this point and she really needs us."

"I'm not kissing you if that's what your insinuating." Ryota says taking a step back.

"If you kiss me, I will kill you."

They both burst out into laughter in the hall way. "Let's go find Mayumi." Buyuu says catching his breath as they search for Mayumi.

They find my bed and see me sleeping peacefully with wires connected to me. Looking over next to me is Kiba's bed with Akamaru laying at his feet fast sleep.

"I missed her fight." Kiba says sounding upset. "She didn't win did she?" He asks looking over at me.

"Actually she did." Buyuu boasts.

"No way, your kidding me!" Kiba says sitting up.

"Nope, honestly. She won." Ryota says smiling.

"Genjutsu. He begged for her to stop and he forfeited."

"Man, no fair, my best friend won and I didn't." Kiba complains crossing his arms pouting.

"You have too big of a weakness." I mumble turning my back away from them all. Know your weakness and then make yourself stronger to help protect your weakness.

"Mayumi! You're awake!" They exclaim I stay silent my monitor starts going crazy.

"Mayumi?" Kiba asks softly looking at me. "Mayumi!" He shouts trying to get up. Ryota and Buyuu rush over to me to see that I had pulled off my wires and now trying to get up.

"Mayumi you need to rest!" Buyuu says.

"She won't rest. They gave her an IV to replenish her chakra almost instantly." Kiba states.

Nurses come rushing in when they hear my monitors going off. "Ms Sarutobi. You need to calm down." One of them shouts.

"I'm fine. Look!" I say standing up walking. "I'm fine."

Sota comes walking swiftly into the room and looks at me and let's out a sigh of relief. "How's your side?"

I look down at my side then look back up to him a nurse steps in before I can say anything.

"Her wound is fine, it was not deep enough for anything fatal. She was very low on chakra, but we have it handled."

"Yeah, that was actually very scary." Buyuu says rubbing the back of his head.

"Don't worry about it guys. It'll never happen again." I say walking up to my team mates.

"Anyway." Sota starts off still looking me over. "The last fight is about to begin." He states as he walks off with his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, hello to you too." I mumble under my breath. "Let's go guys!" I say dragging them back to the arena and grabbing a random apple off the nurses station.

We get back up into the stands and step next to Kankuro. "Looks like I missed your fight." I say nudging him and taking a bite of my apple.

"I know, I wanted to impress you." Kankuro replies nudging me back.

"It's okay, you can impress me next time." I tease winking at him. Everyone's jaw drops to the floor in shock.

"Better close your mouths before one of Shino's bugs flies in there." I say smiling taking another bite of apple. When Choji loses to the sound ninja all the remaining winners are called down.

The eight of us finalist stand in front of the Hokage. Explaining that we have one month to prepare for our final fight.

"Mayumi." My grand father calls out to me as everyone start to disperse. "Tomorrow?" I nod in agreement understanding what he is talking about.

I start walking off zoning out when a woman steps out in front of me causing me to stop. "I didn't get to see you fight." She states.

"I wasn't really in any condition to fight." I say crossing my arms.

"Let me train you." The green eyed woman suggests with a friendly smile.

"Respectfully I don't know you.. I do remember you from the first exam. You backed me up about me not cheating."

"Trust me. You want her to train you." Sota says walking up. "I'm not able to train you well enough like Kumiko can. I'm not happy with it. But I have to train Buyuu. Ryota will train with a trusted person, Nakio. You three are being trained by my old team."

Kumiko nods in agreement. "Well, I will see you after the funeral at the gates. Make sure your bags are packed. We will be gone for the month."

"Great.. two months since I've slept in my bed." I grumble walking away to my team mates.

We exit the building of the arena and start walking down the road where I stops suddenly. "Oh my god." I say.

"What?"

"Oh my god." I say again hold my chest.

"What's wrong?" My teammates ask.

Tears start spilling out. "I-I bury m-my parents tomorrow..." I say falling to my knees.

"Oh no, it's finally hit her." Buyuu says crouching next to me rubbing my back. "All the adrenaline and all of the distractions she's had the last few days, it's finally hitting her."

"I-I need to go home." I say gasping for air holding my chest as I stand up and take off to my apartment.

"Should we chase after her?" Ryota looks at Buyuu raising an eye brow.

"No, that's the worst thing to do. She needs to be alone." Kiba says walking up behind them. "Food?" Kiba asks they nod in agreement and walk with Kiba to the BBQ restaurant. They get seated and order their food sitting in silence.

"So, after the funeral tomorrow I'm leaving with Sota." Buyuu states. "I'll be gone for most of the month."

"Oh really? I had some Jonin named Nakio say he wanted to train me more this month to work on my Earth release." Ryota adds. "Who's going to train with Mayumi?"

"Hime Kumiko." Kiba says finishing up his food.

"Who's that?" They both look at him confused.

"I can't believe you haven't heard of her.." Kiba whispers. "She's been gone for five years, she's been in the Akutsuki and even trained under Orochimaru."

"And she's going to teach Mayumi?!" Buyuu shouts.

"Is that safe?" Ryota asks.

"She's good at what she does. I've heard a lot about her. She's tough, and hot." Kiba says laughing. "She's the one who has Iruka wrapped around her finger!"

"What no way!" Ryota laughs as they pay for their food. They start walking home coming to where they spilt ways.

Kiba walks down the road to his house as he gets to the door he turns around and sees Kankuro standing at her door with a bag. He knocks on it then jumps away leaving the bag at her door. Kiba watches as my door slides slightly open. I look down at the bag and grab it quickly closing the door and locking it.

After awhile of sitting on my couch, staring at the bag of fruit that was left at my door, thinking about the heart break of my parents funeral. I knew deep down, they were never coming back. But I kept denying it. They were proud Shinobi, feeling as if I will never live up to my name I feel as if life is slipping away through my fingers. Feeling numb, I clench my fists then I hear a knock on my door making me jump out of my thoughts.

I slowly open it and see Asuma. "What are you doing here?" I say softly.

"I want to talk to you Mayumi." Scanning my pale face feeling an empty pit in his heart as if something is missing, missing for a long time. I start closing the door on him and he sticks his foot in the door. "I need to talk to you."

"Why? Why now?" I stare hard at him anger building inside of me.

"Why don't you follow me? Where we can be alone and out of earshot."

"Asuma-"

"Mayumi please."

I let out a big sigh and follow him out the door.

Okay! So Kumiko Hime my main character in my IrukaxOC fanfic in case y'all were wondering. Picture of her above! If you would like to know more about her go check it out! I will say, it has some lemons, and it's my first story so it's really cringy xD

But feedback is always great! 💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 804 15
The story unfolds seven months after the Fourth Shinobi War, and it's Temari's first time coming to Konoha during the start of peacetime. Shikamaru i...
2.2M 73.6K 61
[ NarutoVarious x Reader ] [Reader is Naruto's sister ] __________ *original naruto plot gets skipped alot* 《 A story in which two clumsy ninjas find...
3.5K 62 10
Naruto has been ridiculed and shamed. His heart was torn into shreds as he never felt more useless in his life. Moreover, this caused him to drop th...
154 3 50
The 4th Great Shinobi War has ended, and Gaara is starting to wonder how the nations will maintain their fragile peace without a common enemy. He's d...