Life with Love✓

By iamfadeelah

Copyright © 2022. All Rights Reserved. Completed✓ Roses are red. Violets are blue. You have no idea. You... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Last Author's Note

Chapter 29

35 7 0
By iamfadeelah

Safiya

With her palm under her chin and in deep trance.
Safiya looked sullen.
Her legs swinging back and forth as if they controlled themselves.
She stared at nothing in particular.
Absolutely nothing.

How do you expect them to remember with all that's going on you selfish thing!

She opened a drawer of her study desk and pulled out a pink stained aesthetic book along with a black inked pen.

The book was her diary but she referred to it as a journal.
Her father had gifted her the diary since she was aged ten.

She flipped open the bulky book and turned to a new page.
She clicked the pen open, thought for a second with her head held back high and started to scribble down her feelings on the page.

She believed that writing down your feelings actually helped than speaking up.
It was her own way of letting go of stress, anger and sadness.

How I wish Abba was still here.
I'm not complaining but how I wish you let him stay till today.
Abba was really eager to see me turn thirteen. *Smile*

Here we are today without him but Alhamdullilah.

She let out a heavy sigh.

Today's my birthday but I don't even think umma remembers it let alone Hauwa.
A lot has been going on lately.
I really try not to complain but it's hard.
It's hard to pretend you're fine when you really aren't.
This is my first birthday without Abba and Ya Amir.

Safiya clicked the pen again and stared at the ceiling.
"But Ya Allah I want you to unite our family once again even though Abba is gone. Please let Umma forgive Ya Amir and let's all live a happy life with a happy ending." Safiya raised her two palms to the sky.

She knew Allah heard her and he would definitely answer her prayers.

She clicked the pen again while smiling this time and scribbled down one last thing.

And also thank you for restoring umma's health back.<3

After her little reflection time, she returned the book and pen into its original position and exited her room with a splendid idea popping into her head which made her have a bright smile on her face.

Safiya made her way to the kitchen.

Haya had recovered after visiting the hospital but she still needed some rest.

Hauwa on the other hand was still asleep because the twins didn't spare her throughout the night due to their yelling, crying and whining.

She slowly opened the cupboard and pulled out the container containing flour.
Safiya decided she was going to make cupcakes.
She tried as much as possible to be as silent as she could be so as to not wake others up.

After carefully measuring the ingredients and mixing them together in a bowl, the cake batter was ready.
She pulled out the baking trays and placed in each of the trays cupcake liners. Afterwards, she poured the batter into the liners with an ice cream scoop.

Once the oven was preheated, she popped the cupcakes into it and set the timer before leaving the kitchen where the chocolatey smell still lingered for her room.

After a really bubbly bath,Safiya carefully went through her clothes to decide which to wear.
She finally came to the conclusion of putting on her navy blue and white floral puff long sleeved jumpsuit which had a little belt.
She matched it with a white headscarf and a few jewelries.

Safiya quicker got all dressed up and applied a very light make-up before going to check on her cupcakes.

The cupcakes were looking just like the ones in recipe book.

Finally! I baked a nice cake!

Safiya took each cupcake and placed them on the cooling rack so they could cool down.
While her cupcakes cooled, she grabbed a can whipped cream, chocolate syrup, sprinkles and some other toppings.

Immediately the cakes were cool, Safiya didn't hesitate to spray whipped cream on the cupcakes in excess and decorate them with the different toppings she had brought out earlier.

"Safiya's birthday cupcake success!" She couldn't help but say as she admired her hardwork.
Once satisfied, Safiya placed the cupcakes on the center table in the sitting room and went up to see who had woken up.

...

"Yummm" Hauwa closed her eyes as the moist chocolate cake Safiya made satisfied her taste buds.

Sabih and Noor had already messed up their clothes and faces with the cream and cake.
"You really did do a good job dear." Haya gave Safiya a thumbs up making a smile form at the corner of Safiya's lip.
"Umma you're..." The ringtone of Hauwa's phone interrupted.

"Hello." She answered the call.
It was Yaseer who called.
"Hello is this Mr Gumell's wife?"

Her heartbeat ceased for a second.
She held my breath as she thought of the worst.

No it's not possible. Stop thinking of stupid things Hauwa.

Oh I didn't answer.

"Yes I'm Yaseer's wife. Is there any problem? And please what are you doing with his phone?" Hauwa prayed so hard for him not to say those words.

She would be torn apart if he was to utter those words she was thinking of.

"I just wanted to inform you that Mr Gumell..."Hauwa interuptted him.

"No! Don't say it!" Hauwa yelled as she abruptly jerked up from her position.
There was a millisecond of silence in the room.
Only the ticking of the clock filled up the tensed up silence.

"Mr Gumell is in the hospital as we speak, he collapsed during our meeting."the man took the opportunity of Hauwa's silence to speak.

Hauwa finally left out a heavy sigh of relief after holding her breath for so long without knowing.

Thank You Allah, thank You

"Tell me the hospital he's at and I'll be there at once."Hauwa looked for a piece of paper to jot down the address.

Once the call ended she grabbed her veil and shoes with a few cash and said from a distance "Yaseer's in the hospital. I'll come and get the kids later, InshaAllah." before dashing out of the front door.

Noor and Sabih had to stay with their grandma for the time being.

...

Hauwa

"He's been going through a lot of stress which is definitely having a negative impact on his health." The doctor explained.

Hauwa listened patiently to all the doctor was saying.
"The reason for him passing out was due to a minor heart attack,"His eyes ogled at Hauwa through his thick lens glasses."He really needs rest. If he could take a break from work, then that would be much more helpful."

Hauwa rolled her eyes ignoring the looks the doctor gave her.
"He wouldn't even listen if I told him to stay home and take time from working."
She leaned her head against the headrest of the chair and closed her eyes.

"You have to find a way to persuade him. It would be better for him and his health. You don't want him to die, do you?"

Hauwa's eyes snapped open and she shot the doctor in front of her a death threat glare while snarling.
It was like her eyes could suck out his soul from his body.

"Ah...I was just saying. No offence."he raised his hand in surrender."

Hauwa lazily got up from the chair and exited the office.
"He'll be allowed to leave soon." Hauwa heard the doctor say faintly as she shut the door.

She needed her own rest too but what could she do?
Her husband needed her.
Her Mother needed her.
And her kids also needed her.

She pulled out her phone and dailled her mother-in-law's number to inform her about what had happened to Yaseer.

Life was really taking a huge toll on her.

...

-------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to vote and comment...
--------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 1K 37
" I know this marriage started as an arrangement but now I've fallen for you. Please give me a chance to love you and show you that I care." I told h...
5K 872 28
Yasmine is a star girl, with plans for the future, good grades and a boyfriend to top it up but how can she survive when her enemies are her family...
33.4K 4K 32
Join the journey full of romance, drama, heartbreak, laughter and suspense" # cover by me, myself and i U don't need to be a muslim before u read...
110K 14.2K 104
Everyone has that one life changing moment, That moment defines you. It shapes who you are as a person, and pushes you down the path that leads to th...