Butterflies and Puppets

By Kimmi369

Mayumi Inuzuka. She's not really an Inuzuka but Tsume pretty much has raised her best friends daughter. Mayum... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61.

Chapter 25

63 1 0
By Kimmi369

"No objections right?" Hayate asks before they begin. Both of them shake their head no. "Now then, we will begin the first battle. Everone other than the two foes, please move to the upper area."

I slowly follow everyone up the steps with Buyuu by my side. "What's you plan?"He whispers next to me as he watches me struggle up the steps taking a place between Kiba's team and Kankuro's team.

"I'll let you know as soon as I find one." I mumble under my breath.

"You don't have a plan?!" He shouts causing Kiba to turn to look at them.

"Hush!" I say.

"Mayumi, you don't look good at all, you really shouldn't be here." Kiba inisists.

"I look better than you! I'm fine, I have a plan!" I spat.

"You  just said you didn't have one!" Buyuu retorts.

"I do! I just haven't thought about it yet idiot!" I catch Kankuro looking at me and turn to him. "What are you looking at?" I say leaning on the rail and turning back to Buyuu. "Right now, Ryota needs our support."

"Mayumi, you shouldn't be doing this." Sota says stepping behind me.

I roll my eyes. "I have a damn plan." I say through gritted teeth as I watch as Ryota starts fighting his opponent.

Ryota quickly flips backwards dodging Youri's attacks making him fall onto the ground, he quickly looks up and dodges a punch. swinging his legs around he kicks him making him fall as he quickly jumps up and forms a hand heal and slaps them onto the ground making the ground shake violently. earth spears come flying up from the ground then right back at his opponent hitting him in the shoulder causing him to scream out in pain.

He falls to the ground panting trying to get up. but falls back down. Ryota forms more hand signs making the ground shake violently again then he makes another seal making more shards of earth flying directly at him hitting him until he fall unconscious.

"Winner of this round is Ryota!" Hayate says.

"YEAH! LET'S GO RYOTA!" I shout fist pumping the air.

"Where did this energy come from?" Buyuu asks rubbing his ear.

"It's the serum. It gives a boost of energy for a while. I'll be blacked out later anyway." I say shrugging  it off.

Hayate coughs out the next fight which is Buyuu and some other leaf ninja.

"Come on! Let's go Buyuu!" I shout at him as Ryota sits at my feet tired.

"You want to to save that energy for your fight." Kankuro says leaning on the rail next to me lightly touching my arm with his. Oh, he feels warm..

"What afraid I'm going to forfeit?" I ask with a serious expression across my face. Pretty much my only option at this point.

"Mayumi, we both know that's not like you." Kiba says.

I grin and cheer Buyuu on.

Is she really going to forfeit? Kankuro thinks to himself.

Buyuu stands in front of of his opponent waiting for him to move first. The second his opponent takes a step running towards him he quickly forms a spark in his hands then hits his opponent a few times with a fiery fist burning him knocking him to the ground.

"You're pretty fast." Buyuu states jumping away from his opponent.

"Come on Buyuu!" I shout.

"And you're pretty dumb not to attack me when I'm down. Who's that? Your girl friend?" He snorts running at him again.

"Kita no Jutsu (Fire Release: Aerial Explosion Technique)" Buyuu shouts sending gas around him and his opponent. "No, but the guy with the purple face paint is at the top of her list, the second on the list is my teammate that just fought before me, then I'm next." He boasts.

Kankuro looks at me and I blush like mad. He did not just say that...

"You idiot! You covered yourself with gas!"

"No, you idiot, I have a resilience to fire. Taika no Jutsu (Fire Release: Fireproof Technique)!" He shouts protecting himself from the explosion but it fails throwing him up in the air. His opponent already knocked out as he hits the ground and lays there.

"Buyuu is the winner of this match." Hayate states. Buyuu gives him a thumbs up then falls unconscious.

"I hope he's okay." Ryota states.

"I'm sure he's fine.. but look at who's fighting next." I say pointing to the screen weakly.

"Naruto Uzumaki and Kiba Inuzuka!"

"Who are you going to cheer for now?" Kankuro teases nudging me make me wobble and blush slightly as I examines his face.

"Both." I reply then looking back.

"Begin!" Hayate says.

"I got sick of waiting! It's finally my time to shine! Believe it!" Naruto tells Kiba.

"Hey! That's my line!" Kiba shouts pointing at Naruto. "With you as my opponent I've as good as won! Right Akamaru?!" Arf!

"Don't get excited! You won't be able to beat me!"

"Are you guys going to fight? Or am I going to have to kick both your guys' butts?!" I shout.

"Akamaru, don't put a paw in this, I'll take care of him."

"Really? But you can't beat me!" Naruto says.

"Ninja Art of beast Minicry: All-Four jutsu." Kiba says getting onto all fours then quickly running at Naruto and hitting him in the stomach knocking him down.

"Come on Naruto! Get up!" I shout at him.

"It'll be a while 'til he opens his eyes, Mr. Proctor." Kiba says standing up.

"What was that? That guy was weak!" Kankuro says.

I turn to Kankuro. "Never underestimate your opponent." Then turns back to Naruto seeing him slowly get up. "Yeah! Let's do this Naruto!"

"Don't..don't underestimate me!" Naruto shouts making Mayumi cheer even louder along with Sakura.

"I thought you were on my side!" Kiba shouts at me.

"I am! But Naruto was down!" I reply shrugging my shoulders.

"Your tough talk has gone too far!" Kiba shouts at Naruto.

"I didn't use my power fully.. to observe your strength first! You too, cut out the tough talk and use the puppy or whatever you want!"

"You'll regret this! Let's go Akamaru!" Kiba says sprinting at Naruto throwing smoke balls at him.

"What's happening in there?" Ryota asks.

Naruto runs out of the smoke only to be tackled my Akamaru. The smoke finally clears and Naruto is laying on the ground with Akamaru wagging his tail.

"Yeah! We did it!" Kiba says as Akamaru runs at him biting his arm. "Akamaru why?"

"You took the bait!" Naruto says appearing where Akamaru was still biting Kiba's arm pushing him away. "You smell like a dog!"

"Where's Akamaru?!"

"Over here." He says with a clone holding Akamaru up.

"His timing at using Jutsu's is very good." Temari remarks.

"What? He's better than I thought." Kankuro also admits.

"Of course he is!" I Say turning to them with my hands on her hips. "He's Naruto Uzumaki! He's going to be the next Hokage!"

"You got a little bit stronger Naruto." Kiba says. "But it's over. He'll attack you now!"

"Oh really? But you will absolutely not beat me!"

Kiba takes a deep breath and closing his eyes for a moment he open them back up. "Naruto, I'll take Akamaru.. back!" He says popping a pill into Akamaru's mouth making him turn red.

"What's this?! What did you feed him his fur is red!"

"That's why he's called 'Akamaru' red boy." He explains popping a food pill in his mouth. "Here we go Akamaru!"

Kiba crouches down as Akamaru gets on his back. "Ninja art of beast Mimicry!" Akamaru turns into Kiba. "Man Beast Clones!"

"There's something wrong with their eyes! He's using some weird drug!"

"Poor Naruto doesn't understand food pills.." I mumble.

"Food pills?" Ryota asks. Poor Ry, doesn't understand them either.

"Food pills are a secret medicine that people in the military take and fight for three days and three nights without a break...they're high in protein easily absorbed and have some component that influence agitation or sedation. Kiba's and Akamaru's chakra must be doubled right now..." I explain.

"Why don't you take  food pills?" Ryota questions looking up at me from his spot on the ground.

"Are you kidding? I'm not dumb enough for that!"

"It's over with this..." Kiba states. "Let's go!" He says as he and Akamaru jumps at Naruto he back-flips away from their attack-creating a dust cloud. Dodging blow after blow of Kiba's attacks Naruto jumps up into the air. "Now is my chance! Fang over Fang!"

Naruto gets hit with both Kiba and Akamaru making him fall into the ground.

"This is the difference in our true powers."

Naruto's hand twitches trying to get up. "I'm going to be the next Hokage..."

"You know you can't be the Hokage. I'll become Hokage for you!" Kiba laughs. "So quit acting tough!"

I tense up. Ryota looks over at me. "It's the food pill talking." I mumble gripping the railing tightly. "Agitation."

"Stand up Naruto!" Sakura shouts as he's struggling to get up.

"If you compete with me to become Hokage... you will be the loser!" Naruto exclaims.

"Let's go Akamaru!" he says running at Naruto.

"You think you can get me with that same jutsu again?!" Naruto jumps out of Kiba's Fang over Fang.

Kiba throws another smoke ball and attacks with fang over fang once again. The smoke finally clears.

"Looks like you got nothing else." Kiba taunts.

"I've got plenty left!"

"Let's finish him Akamaru!" They sprint towards Naruto with another smoke bomb and Fang over Fang once again.

"There's three of him!" Ryota shouts.

"But.. which one is Naruto?" I ask myself.

"I can smell you.." Kiba says as he punches one of them. "Don't mess with our sense of smell, Naruto. Heh, I won!"

Then there is a poof and one of the Kiba clones turns into Akamaru on the ground. Kiba swings at the other clone. "Then you're Naruto!" Causing a puff of smoke with another Akamaru.

The first dog turns into Naruto and he quickly jumps and kicks Kiba in the face.

"You little.."

"Think hard about your jutsus before you use them!" Naruto warns. "Because they'll be used against you, stupid! So you've finally gotten serious, Kiba? Well then.. I'll end this...with my new special technique I've been saving up!" Naruto taunts.

"What?" Kiba asks confused. "What new special technique!"

"Let's go!" Naruto shouts and they both at each other. Naruto dodges the shurieken as Kiba uses his all fours Jutsu hitting Naruto. Running and hitting Naruto over and over he finally takes another blow at Nautro and Naruto throws him over his shoulder.

Naruto eventually falls to the ground for a few moments before finally standing up.

"It doesn't even matter anymore.. I wish it would end quickly now." Kankuro states.

"Both of their pride is too big for that." I say leaning on Kankuro slightly.

"Hey, are you okay?" Kankuro asks steadying himself holding me up.

"I'm fine. Just... tired..." don't go to sleep..wait until it's your turn....

"I'll make the new technique explode no matter what!" Naruto shouts.

"I won't let you!" Kiba says running up to Naruto and apearing behind him.

"Oops..." Naruto says. Kiba takes a whiff and holds his face.

"Naruto! Now is your chance!" Sakura shouts. Naruto makes clones surrounding Kiba as they all attack him with kicks and punches. Kiba comes in behind Naruto and pauses for a moment then screams and covers his nose.

"Did he just fart in his face?!" Ryota exclaims.

Naruto finally defeats Kiba as he lays on the ground unconscious.

"K-Kiba?!" I stutter out with wide eyes.

"The winner is Naruto Uzumaki" Hayate states.

Ryota looks over to me with a worried expression on my face as I look at my unconscious best friend. "Go check on him.." he states.

I shake my  head. "I can't move..." he looks me up and down seeing I'm leaning on Kankuro for support.

We watch the next two fights. Buyuu finally waking up from his fight stands with his team, Naruto also there. I'm slowly becoming sleepier and sleepier. Then my time finally comes.

"Mayumi Sarutobi."

"Mayumi?" Buyuu asks nudging me.

"Huh?" I ask slightly dozed off.

"It's-its your turn Mayumi." Naruto tells me. As I stop leaning on Kankuro and take a wobbly step.

"Do you have a plan?" Ryota asks.

I turn around. "Of course I have a plan, I just gotta find that plan. Forfeiting, sounds decent right now. Now or never right?"I smile weakly.

"Now or never." he repeats back to me. feeling the small air flow and appears in front of my opponent falling onto my knees.

"Look at you, you're already done for." My opponent laughs.

"Mayumi, are you sure you wish to proceed?" Hayate asks,  I nod my head in agreement. "Begin!" Hayate shouts.

Feeling all eyes in me, I struggle getting up and start walking up to my opponent lifting my arm up. All I can hear in the moment are the slow movements of my shoes tapping the hard floor. Now or never right?

"MAYUMI! What are you doing?!" Naruto shouts. "Is she really going to forfeit?!"

Author's Note

Thought's so far

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

552 23 10
Y/N, a Shinobi in Naruto, has an untold story of her life. She has experienced much, but more is yet to come. Meeting friends and loved ones, going t...
44.6K 1K 54
**COMPLETE & CURRENTLY EDITING** (l/n) (y/n) is born in the (l/n) clan where they control the Shizengan (Shizen - nature). They are the only ones who...
223 16 11
Everyone knows the story of what happened to Sasuke Uchiha as a child, but what happens when he meets a girl with a similar past... but worse. Someho...
10K 400 32
"Love is what you feel towards me..." Gaara repeated, he looked at me with wide eyes. I sighed and nodded. "Then love must be what I feel towards yo...