๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘ ๐‰๐”๐Œ๐ ๐’๐“๐‘๐„๐„๐“ |...

By teaorjuice

After graduating from the Metro Police academy, Francine "Frankie" Hanson (granddaughter of Tom Hanson) gets... More

๐€๐”๐“๐‡๐Ž๐‘'๐’ ๐๐Ž๐“๐„ | ๐ˆ๐๐“๐‘๐Ž๐ƒ๐”๐‚๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐
๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐Ž๐๐„
๐“๐ซ๐š๐ง๐ฌ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐

๐๐ž๐ฐ๐›๐ข๐ž (๐๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐Ÿ)

132 5 32
By teaorjuice

a/n: The beginning of the
chapter is just Frankie rambling,
it has nothing to do with
Timothée, lol sorry. 😅 He'll show up! Just wait. 🤞🏼

: ̗̀July 2022

═════════════

𝙈𝙔 𝙋𝘼𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙉𝘼𝙇 𝙂𝙍𝘼𝙉𝘿𝙁𝘼𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍, Tom Hanson Jr. worked for the 21 Jump Street unit from 1987 to 1991. Like me, he didn't want to be there either. He reacted the same way when Richard Jenko, [ qué en paz descanse, ] (may he rest in peace,) called him sport, and he threw him a can of soda and a bag of potato chips after snatching his coffee and throwing it in the trash. Before Adam Fuller came along, he was in charge. He explained that teenagers don't have black cups of coffee and omelets for breakfast. And if he was going to be a part of Jump Street, then he would have to learn how to teenage things up, or how to be a teenager again.

His words:

hey, I'm your boss. I'll call you whatever I want to. have a seat, sport.
Look man. While you're out in the field getting your butt kicked by all the bad grown-ups, me and my guys here, we're training to do some real battle. Ya see - the way I look at it, child is the father of man. I mean, these bad grown-ups are coming from somewhere they don't just hatch that way. That's why we're trying to yank them out while they're still in high school, dig?

... To teach you how to be a teenager again, sport. How does that grab you?
I'm talking about the bad kind, the kind that gets into trouble, the kind you're going to have to be like so they think you're one of 'em, dig?

Grandpa Tom was four weeks behind at the time, so Jenko put him through some rushed training with the help of Judy Hoffs. (Who is actually Mel's grandma).
She gave him a complete makeover. Poor man came in on the first day looking like an official police officer all handsome with his hair gel down slicked to the side:

And he got made fun of for it twice. Specifically with the hair, Jenko called it the Jack Kennedy haircut. Something had to be done about it. Thank God. (Sorry abuelito, (grandpa,) if you ever read this. Te quiero mucho. (I love you so much.) 😅🫂

Judy took him to all kinds of different stores for clothes that would make him look a lot younger; she even made him get a piercing which he didn't - want but she did it anyway. He got a haircut and started using leather jackets:

I've seen pictures of those days. He looked really good. (Man, I love '80s fashion!) That jacket so iconic, it still is. He actually says he still has it to this day.

I would have loved to have met Richard Jenko, unfortunately he passed away long before I was born. Grandpa, Judy, Harry, and Doug say that he was a great cop, a great boss and overall, a great friend. He was killed by a drunk driver while they were undercover at an all girls catholic school Valentine's Day dance.
He's Greg's dad. Greg never met him, he died before he was even born as well.

But I know Richard lives through him because according to Grandpa, he was such a happy spirit, with a silly personality.
Literally just in the way he talked, I can tell that he was a joy to be around and Greg is just like him in everything.
I wish he was still around he could give me the same wisdom he gave my grandpa, I sure need it right now thirty five years later - I need the motivation for working in this program. Any encouragement, to be told that it's not the end of the world, just like Dickson said.

𝓡𝓲𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓭 𝓙𝓮𝓷𝓴𝓸 ⚘

𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟐 - 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟕

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝙄 𝙒𝘼𝙎 𝙎𝙄𝙏𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙂 on my couch, watching A Nightmare On Elm Street, stuffing sabritas (Mexican version of Lay's potato chips) into my mouth, munching away as King Johnny Depp's character Glen Lantz got sucked into his bed, dying at claws of Freddy Krueger, leaving behind a bloody mess. Literally looking like a girl got her period and it gushed up to the ceiling.

[ Qué tonto de verdad. PA QUÉ TE DUERMES SÍ NANCY TE DIJO QUÉ NO LO HICÍERAS?.ᐟ MIRA COMO QUEDASTE. YA TE LLEVO LA TÍA. ] (He's so dumb honestly. WHY WOULD YOU FALL ASLEEP WHEN NANCY TOLD YOU NOT TO? LOOK YOU ENDED UP. YOU'RE DEAD.)

My internal screaming at the fictional character was interrupted by my phone ringing.

𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗟:

📞🔔

𝙐𝙉𝙆𝙉𝙊𝙒𝙉 𝙉𝙐𝙈𝘽𝙀𝙍

📲 𝘼𝙣𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙧 >>> <<< 𝘿𝙚𝙘𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙚 📵

I remembered Dickson told me to expect a call from Grant Fuller, the captain of the unit. I pressed answer and put the phone to my ear.

- Hello?

- Hello! May I speak with Francine Hanson Gallardo?

- yes, this is she.

- My name is Grant Fuller, of the 23 Jump Street undercover program.

- yes. I was expecting your call. Officer Dickson transferred to work for you.

- I heard. I hear you don't want to work at this unit, yet you have a lot of knowledge of it..

- well, I learned a lot about different branches including the Jump Street program and I know that it was a thing back in the 1980s and it was revived about almost ten years ago but then It got shut down and now it's up and running again. I know all of the basics, all of the rules. I know how things work because my grandfather, Thomas Hanson Jr. worked as an undercover cop there alongside your father, Adam Fuller. I know everything because of my grandpa - he told me stories of his time at Jump Street and about the assignments whe would go on and things of that nature; so I'm pretty much aware. I'm actually under the current training of Greg Jenko who was in the program before me. He is teaching me how to maintain my youthful appearance. And teenaged mannerisms. I also know that my best friend from high school Melody Williams Hoffs works there. I apologize, I went on a whole tangent."

- no, it's perfectly fine. Dickson was right. You're perfect for the job. You do you know everything, I don't even have to explain it. Yes. Adam Fuller is my father - and you're lucky to have someone like it Tom Hanson in your life, looks like he's been a guide to you in life even before you were placed to work with me and my officers, Williams Hoffs included. I've heard good things about you from her.

- yes sir. He has been. My grandfather was a great cop and he's one of the most amazing people in my life. I'm sorry for what I'm about to say but I think it's a little strange how I now ended up landing the job of pretending to be a teenager just to stop mischievous kids just like he did. Following his footsteps and taking his shoes. He didn't want to do it when he first started. My apologies again, but quite frankly, I don't want to do it either. I told Dickson that I did not train hard for years since I was teenager to land here play pretend. And uh - that's pretty great. Mel is awesome.

- life works in mysterious ways. And I hear you. I get it. a lot of people don't want to work here at first, but then they become part of the unity, it's like family almost. I understand how you feel. I assure you that you will be a great cop, just like both your dad and your granddad.

- right.

- looks like you're stuck with us.

- looks like it.

- alrighty so. You can actually come in tomorrow, 7:30 a.m. Sharp. I'd like to have a meeting with you so we can discuss when you will actually start work. You also need your pictures taken for your new badge and you will be assigned a locker and gun along with a taser.
After tomorrow, you can finish your training with Greg and enjoy the rest of your summer and then when the new school year starts, I can give you your first assignment.

- okie dokie. Sounds good.

- all right well, it was great talking to you, Hanson. You're a great fit for my team, I'll see you tomorrow. I will send you the address of where our office is. I have your contact information so I will be emailing you.

- thank you, sir. See you tomorrow.

- have a good rest of your evening.

- you too - bye.

- buh bye.

𝘊𝘈𝘓𝘓 𝘌𝘕𝘋𝘌𝘋.

•••

Mel. 😭

Hey girl, what's up?

I'm finally out of the police academy, and Dickson transferred me to 23 Jump Street. I guess we're co-workers now, yayy

I KNOW! I HEARD! OMG GIRL, I WILL SEE YOU TOMORROW, THEN.

🥲

What's wrong?

It's not you - I'm excited to be co-workers with you, it's just that I don't really want this job.

Ohhh! Okay, okay, I see. You wanted to be taken seriously? You don't think you have the time to pretend to be a teenager huh. 😭

YES! THANK YOU, SOMEBODY FINALLY GETS IT. DICKSON DIDN'T CARE AND HE STILL TRANSFERRED ME. I TOLD HIM I DON'T WANT TO DO IT BUT HE DIDN'T GIVE A F.

yeah but he's like that, so it's okay.

I don't like him, he's mean.

He's literally not that bad, Frankie. Lol

Bro omg. What's with everybody liking Dickson and saying he's a good guy? Am I the only one who scared of him? 😭

Probably. Everyone else thinks he's funny. 🤷🏽‍♀️ (Everyone as in me and your new co-workers literally everyone at the academy as well)

Wth

YUP. 😁

He blackmailed me. Saying that if I complain and ask for another position, he would kick me out and I wouldn't be allowed in the academy again and probably I wouldn't be a cop. He snitched to my entire family before I was even aware btw

He was kidding. 😆 did he do it?

Uhh No.

Then there you go! You take things a little too seriously

Oh- before I forget, he told me that I'm in for a surprise. Got an idea as to what that means? SORRY it's just that he pisses me off lol

😂

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

I'll just say that.. your jaw will drop. 😜

•••

About half and hour later, the movie was over. The credits were rolling with the iconic main title.
There was a knock on my door, looking at the time It was only 8:30.
Chip bag in hand, I got up from the couch and went to go answer.

It was Jenko with his dopey face, and goofy grin as always.

"Hey kiddo. What're you doin' ?"

"Hi, was just watching a movie," I gestured over at the TV. "Chip?" I offered, I gestured again, offering the bag of sabritas.

"Sure." He said. He held out his hand, and I poured some chips. He took a glance at my TV, and stepped into my apartment.

"Elm Street? That's fire." Jenko said.

"Yeah, you're late though I just finished watching. You could have told me you were coming over so we could have had a movie night."

"I'm not here for movie night."

"So what's up?"

"I'm taking you to the salon."

"For?"

"To get your hair done? What else?"

"No."

"Yes."

"I already dyed my hair. Remember?"

"No, I know, but Dickson said to dye it again. I'm getting you purple highlights."

"Dude!" I smacked my lips. "just because he said to dye my hair again doesn't mean I have to. If I do anything else to my hair right after I just dyed it, it's going to get more damaged than it already is."

"No it won't."

"Clearly, you don't know anything about getting your hair done." I gave him a deadpan look.

"Yeah, I do." He scoffed.

"Uh- Name one thing!"

"It's expensive, duh!"

"Jenko, you're so stupid."

"Thank you, I'm aware." He smiled, and patted my head.

"That's not a compliment."

'yeah, but I act stupid on purpose all the time, Schmidt, too. We're idiots."

"That's true," I agreed.

"Anyways." He said, going back on topic. "Yeah, we're getting purple highlights on your hair and I'm paying three hundred bucks."

"Three hundred?! Just for highlights? The hell." [ Ni madres qué voy a dejar qué este gaste sú dinero. Me vale lo qué diga Dickson. ] (No way I'm letting this guy spend his money on me like this. I don't care what Dickson says.)

"Kid, I get paid good money, relax. Let's go."

"No."

"It's going to make you look like a teenager it's going to help your appearance."

"I'm aware that I look like I'm sixteen despite me being an adult. I already dressed like a teen. I'm GOOD."

"Kid. Francine Diana Hanson. If you don't walk out that door, in the next three seconds, I'm dragging you to that hair salon if I have to." Jenko chuckled.

"Is that a threat, Greg?" I played gasped.

"Pretty much."

"Nah. Like I said, I'm GOOD. Thanks for stopping by, but I need to go to bed early, I gotta meet Grant Fuller tomorrow before I start working at Jump Street." I shook my head. "BYyeee love YOUUUU!" I said in a sing song voice, pushing him towards my door.

"NoPpe." He said, popping the p.
Jenko grabbed my remote and turned off the TV. He took the bag of chips from my hand, rolling it up, walking to my kitchen counter, grabbing a clip from one of the drawers, putting it on the bag, tossing it on the counter.

He walked back to me, and picked me up by the waist throwing me over his shoulder.

[ Qué onda?.ᐟ ] (What up with that?!)

"GREG! WHAT THE F- (I avoided saying the actual cuss word. "FFFRICKKK! PUT ME DOWN! AND GO HOME! I DON'T WANT HIGHLIGHTS! IT'S GONNA RUIN MY HEAD, AND IT'S GONNA LOOK LIKE ASS." I protested as he walked out of the apartment.

"You're going to look great! Consider this your new job gift, kiddo!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝙂𝙍𝘼𝙉𝙏 𝙁𝙐𝙇𝙇𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙀𝙉𝙏 me the address of the location of where to meet to discuss when I would start working.

Google maps lead me to what looked like an old chapel building.

I parked my Jeep Wrangler up at the very front.

[ Qué raro. ] (Weird) I thought to myself as I turned off the ignition, removing my keys. I got out, closed the jeep door, and admired the place for a second. It looked rusty, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the exact same chapel from 1987. I checked my email, to double check if I got the location right. Yep. this was it.

In 2014, the place was disguised as a Korean church. (Schmidt's words, not mine.) They were in New Orleans Louisiana, but since I'm in Metropolis, this is how it is.
I felt the warm summer breeze hit my exposed back, the wind twirling into the skirt of my plain white sun dress. Going into my hair, causing it to get in my face. I could still smell the dye from the purple highlights from last night. Stupid Jenko. These highlights did end up looking like ass. Three hundred dollars wasted.

Stuffing my keys and phone into my cross body bag purse, I began to go up the apartment like stairs of the chapel; my sneakers made a clink like noise on each step.
I found the door and knocked. No one answered, it was unlocked so, I just went in.

There were desks arranged in the place, each one had a computer monitor, a screen, and a laptop. Along with name tags. It looks like the building had two floors, because there were some stairs, with a yellow red striped pole. para los flojos. (For the lazy people.)
There were also posters of music bands and singers from the '80s and '90s plastered all over the walls.
It looked kind of cool, I wonder what it looked like when my grandpa was here..

"WHOA! EVERYBODY RUN! SOMEONE BROKE IN!"

I turned around, and saw a guy walking up to me, with the friendliest smile ever.
you could say he almost mirrored Jenko's personality. He had light brown curls. Charming. If the golden retriever dog breed was a person, it definitely be him.

[ y este, qué o qué? ] (What is up with this guy?)

"I didn't break in, the door was uh- it was open. I knocked no one answered so.."

"RELAX, I'M KIDDING! FOR ONCE someone who doesn't show up formal like we did! See, me and the other guy who works here showed up in police attire and everything, we were idiots. But I seen you got the memo! We have been expecting you, you must be the Newbie!"

"Right.. um, this is Jump Street chapel, right?" I asked.

"Only if you're Catholic," he nodded. "Ioki over here, she thinks it's a Buddhist temple. I think it's a synagogue. My dad's Jewish, and my grandad from his side of the family tells me that means I get to celebrate both guilt and hell. David Penhall. Nice to meet you." He stuck out his hand for me to shake. I took it. "I go by Dave."

"Oh hey! Nice to meet you!" The girl who he mentioned. She had dark straightened hair. She got up from her desk and walked over to me. She offered her hand as well. "I'm Claire! Claire Ioki. And yeah. To me, this a Buddhist temple, for sure."

"HEY GIRL!" I recognized Mel's voice. She walked out from what I assumed to be the break room.

My face immediately lit up.

"MEL!" I greeted her. She ran up and engulfed me into a hug. Her ponytail brushed against my cheek.
Me and my bestie - we're now co-workers!

"You two know each other?" Dave asked.

"Yeah, we were best friends in high school. We're still besties."

"That's sweet!" Claire gushed.

"Yeah." I smiled. "I'ma. I'm here to see Captain Grant Fuller." I said.

"Boss is currently in a meeting." Dave said.

"EYY, BOOK! COME MEET THE NEWBIE!" he yelled over his shoulder. That must be the other guy who works here.

"Oh okay, I'll wait for him."

"AYO!"

I looked up at the second floor of the chapel, another guy was holding on to the yellow red striped pole, sliding down to meet us.
His boots made a thud, hitting the floor.

"Sup?" He said, smacking his gum. His smile formed into a wide-eyed expression as he met eyes with me.

"NO. WAY. Francine Diane! Mon amour! On dirait que la vie t'a ramené à moi. Je remercie Dieu lui-même. Heureusement que c'est une chapelle, car je le remercierai tous les jours!"
(Francine Diana! My love! It seems like life brought you back to me. I thank God himself.. good thing this is a chapel, because I'll thank him everyday!)

[ AH LA MADRE! NOMAS ESO ME FALTABA. ENCONTRARME CON MÍ EX .ᐟ ]

(OH MY GOD! THE LAST THING I NEEDED WAS TO ENCOUNTER PATHS WITH MY EX)

•••

[ AY, NONONO. AY DIOS MÍO. PORQUÉ ME HACES ESTO. HE SIDO UNA NIÑA BUENA TODA MI VIDA. ME HE PORTADO BIEN. ]

(OH NONONO. OH GOD. ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME? I'VE BEEN A GOOD GIRL ALL MY LIFE. I'VE BEHAVED.)

•••

[ SÉ QUE TRABAJAS DE MANERAS MISTERIOSAS, Y ME ESTÁS DANDO UNA OPORTUNIDAD QUE QUIERO. BUENO, PUES- QUIZÁS NO COMO REALMENTE LA QUIERO PERO TODAVÍA ME ESTÁS DANDO MIS DESEOS. ]

(I KNOW YOU WORK IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS, AND YOU'RE GIVING ME AN OPPORTUNITY THAT I WANT. OKAY, WELL- MAYBE NOT HOW I REALLY WANT IT, BUT YOU'RE STILL GIVING ME MY DESIRES.)

•••

[ PERO POR QUÉ TÚ PLAN ME LLEVA A TIMOTHÉE BOOKER!?
TÚ SABES LO QUE EL ME HIZO. Y SABES QUE TE DIJE QUE NO QUERÍA VERLO NUNCA MÁS. POR QUÉ ME TRAJISTE AQUÍ?.ᐟ ]

(BUT WHY DOES YOUR PLAN LEAD ME TO TIMOTHÉE BOOKER?!
YOU KNOW WHAT HE DID TO ME. AND YOU KNOW I TOLD YOU I NEVER WANTED TO SEE HIM AGAIN. WHY DID YOU BRING ME HERE?!)

•••

[ Y SABES QUÉ MÁS? DICKSON ME LAS VA A PAGAR. ME VA A ESCUCHAR. VA VER. AY NO. DIOS, AYUDAME. ]

(AND YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE? DICKSON IS GOING TO PAY FOR THIS. HE'S GOING TO HEAR ME. UGH. GOD, HELP ME.)

My thoughts were spiraling, this guy was Timothée Booker. My half French ex boyfriend from high school.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

≿━━━━━━━━≾

a/n: I was going to add a lot more to this chapter, but I figured I'd make a part two because it's already long.
Idk if ending it on a cliffhanger like this is good or not but, I kinda like it. I definitely like this better than what was originally written.

I like how Frankie talks about her Grandpa Tom and Richard Jenko in the beginning, it's so sweet. And I love her relationship with Greg <33

But Poor girl. She's going to be co-workers with her ex. HAHA. 😭
More interactions with Timmy (and Fuller) in the next chapter!

Thanks for reading! ❤️

For
storiesRrandom

Colorwool
and
RebeccaGoldShalom

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 58.5K 72
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
763K 17.3K 46
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
497K 20.4K 61
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
1.1M 61.1K 38
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...