Midnight Shades

By zeebooks

Behind an old tree she would sit and stare at him, admire his beauty and charm, hidden by the darkness of the... More

Introduction
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
A Message.
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Surprise (1)
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Q&A?
Chapter 48
Q&A Answers!
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Surprise (2)
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Surprise (3)
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Epilogue
Thank You.
Winners and New Book.
Another Q&A?
Q&A Answers.
Bonus Chapter: Family
What Do You Think?

Chapter 1

3.7K 128 26
By zeebooks

"Run, run!" I laugh while yelling; my feet are running faster than an angry cheetah. I follow Wren and Esme into the familiar woods, breathing heavily as we continue running back to our homes.

The old man who is running after us is a huge maniac, he keeps screaming, shouting and following us, but I can't say that I blame him. I mean, we stole from him after all, it is a miracle he didn't kill us so far. We stop right after we see the fourth gate of our small village. The Midnight gate.

As we walk closer to it more, we stop to catch our breath, all while hysterically laughing from the events that took place only minutes ago.

"I would like to think that our Goddess is mad at us at this moment." Esme starts, her both hands are on her knees as she keeps wiping away the sweat from her forehead.

"Along with our parents if they found out." Wren rolls her eyes as she says.

"Let us not think about the following consequences of our actions and let us just enjoy this moment." I breathe, sitting down on the dirt next to a tree.

"Why did you rest? Get up, it's past midnight, they will start noticing that we are not there." Wren claps her hands as she says and I mentally groan but force myself to get up anyway.

We continue our path towards the Midnight gate, though we do not pass it, we climb the walls and jump, in fear we would get caught if we use the gate. While walking to our cottages, we keep talking about what happened tonight at the city, and of course my mind wanders to the blue eyed guy I always see every time.

"How old do you think he is?" Esme asks, taking my hand in hers as we keep walking.

"I don't know," I shrug. "Maybe nineteen or twenty?"

"No, he looks older, maybe in his early twenties." Wren speaks, throwing her arm around my shoulder as we near our cottages.

"Whatever, it is not like we are going to investigate about him." I say, rolling my eyes. They laugh a little and shrug it off until I reach my cottage. "I will see you in the early morning, bye!"

My voice is low and a bit hushed, in fear that my parents or theirs would wake up, seeing as their cottages are right next to mine. They wave me goodbye and every one of them dashes off to her own cottage. My own cottage is the one with the blue wing, as my father is our tribe's protector.

The tribe's protector is the person who is in control of our war issues and our small amount of soldiers. The chieftain of our tribe is Esme's father, who has the cottage with the red wing. He is a very generous, kind and fair man, and that is why he is our chieftain. Wren's father is the head of our small soldiers, that is the highest place after the chieftain and the tribe's protector, and that is why he has the cottage with the green wing.

I unlock the wooden door to our cottage as quietly as I can, and then tiptoe inside our home. The insides are dark and awfully quiet, which relaxes me. I don't want to get caught by my parents at one in the morning. As I pass our living and dining area, and continue walking towards my small bed room, a low muffled voice makes me jump in my place.

"Tallulah!"

I turn around quickly, but relax as soon as I see my little brother standing in front of me, rubbing his eyes with his blue dragon toy in his hand. "Cronan, why are you up?"

Our voices are so quiet and hushed, as we both know that if one of our parents woke up, we would be probably punished for staying up so late.

"Where were you?" He asks sleepily.

"I was in the bathroom. Now, let's get you back to your room." I quickly lie and take his hand in mine, leading him towards his own bed room.

After tucking him in bed and telling him a short story, I successfully get back to my beloved bed room. It isn't a big room or a small one, it is decent. The walls are in dark purple colour, so dark that you can almost see it black; my bed is in the furthest corner of the room, with my blue covers on it, a night stand is right next to the bed with a small lamp on it, while the wardrobe is in the opposite wall. My desk consists of a rectangular shaped wood coming out of the wall, and I really love it that way.

I change into my pyjamas and lay down on my bed, my fingers are slowly running through my hair as I stare at the blank ceiling of my room, my mind is only busy by the blue eyed guy, the one who rolls the end of his jeans, the one with strange but attractive tattoos, the one I don't know his name.

I first saw him almost a year ago, when me, Esme and Wren were out in the city at night, just like every night. He was beautifully sitting inside one of the shops - which I found him in every night - he was holding a big piece of white paper, and he was so concentrated on whatever he was writing or drawing. I remember everything as if it was just yesterday. The way he had his bottom lip between his teeth, the way his eyes would narrow when he would do something hard on the paper, the way his fingers moved the black pen on the paper.

I was mesmerized by him, in every way possible, and I had no idea why, and I still don't know why. He just... he is something different, I don't know how but he is, because I rarely get attracted to someone, I never stalk someone, and I never break the rules to see someone, but with him... it is different. I would come out every night at the same time and just watch him in the same place, sometimes he would be writing something on the papers, and other times he would talk with some unknown people. I found out later that he works in that place, and after stalking him for almost two months, and with the help of Esme and Wren, I knew that he is a tattoo artist.

Every night became happier than the night before as I sat down next to the trees, locking my eyes on his figure. I love the way he smiles, his eyes would just wrinkle at the end and close and his mouth would open wide. I never heard his laugh, though I wish I can. It would be such a sound to hear.

I adore the way he would goof around with that brunette guy. He would just laugh and start dancing; it made my lips break into a huge grin from seeing him like that. Sometimes, I would witness him pulling pranks on that poor brunette guy, and I found it hilarious how he gets really serious and focused when he is creating a prank. Much more, I love the way he would fall on the ground from his hard laughter and the way he would just throw his head back or keep hitting his knee when he is laughing so hard.

It is a sight to see, and to remember forever.

I would even be very upset when I see him sitting, staring at nothing but blank space; he would always play with the hem of his shirts or buttons up as he keeps sitting staring at nothing, and with a frown on his lips. It sickened me to see him like that, and it still does, and sometimes I feel like I am going to run and turn his frown into a smile, just because I can't handle seeing him frown or be sad about something.

And what really drives me absolutely crazy, is the fact that I don't know his name, or how old he is, yet I know a lot of things about him, from just staring at him every night from next to the trees for over a year now. I figured out that he is addicted to black coffee, and he passionately loves to draw, he also enjoys making people happy, at least from what I see.

After a long period of me weirdly stalking him, I began to crave his touch, I would sit down behind the tree, my eyes locked on him but my mind would be in a total different place, a place where I can feel his touch, a place where I can hear his beautiful voice, to know what does his laugh sound like, a place where I wouldn't yearn to have a small talk with him, to directly speak to him.

It is frightening me, because I have never been so passionate or obsessed with someone. At first, I thought I just liked the way he looked like, but then I figured that there are so many guys that look like him, even in our tribe, but that one guy, got me wrapped around his finger without even knowing me.

One night, I saw him with a very pretty red haired girl. She was gorgeous, her red locks were beautifully framing her rounded face, and her petite body was just perfect for her. I was so intimated by her, until I saw them kissing. I felt like the world was falling upon me, like the sky suddenly decided to crumble above my head. I was awfully paining that it wasn't me, that it wasn't me who he had his arm around the waist, kissing and loving.

At that time I concluded that that girl was his girlfriend and that I will never reach him or literally speak to him, or even be able to kiss him the way she did. My heart was aching from the thought, and it hurts from it now, and I wished that in that moment, I was a normal human being, so I can speak to him and spend some time with him rather than creepily stalking him from between the trees.

I didn't go to the city for almost a week, I really did think that it would help me, and that I would forget about that beautiful stranger, but the complete opposite had happened, and I found myself running back to the tree to watch him again. Within a week, I had missed the way he smiled, the way he looked and everything about him. And I knew then that I am obsessed with him.

But, I don't know if it is a good obsession or a bad one, but I guess it is a good one, because I love a man I don't know anything about. I always feel my heart melt when he smiles, the butterflies would erupt inside my stomach when he laughs, and my mind would swim away to my imaginary world whenever he sits down and begins to draw something. I love the imaginary world I had created inside my head, it is a world where I can speak to him, touch him, feel him, talk to him, laugh with him, kiss him, and fall in love with him.

That world sometimes drove me crazy, because I get so mad at myself. Why can't I just get myself together and speak with him? Claim that I want a tattoo? Anything? Why don't I have it in me to walk right up to him and kiss him? I don't look like a freak, we are humans too, maybe just a different kind of humans, and it wouldn't hurt just to hear his voice. Right?

Sleep is pulling me under, I am so tired of tonight's events, and I have to get up early in the morning to collect my payment, and more importantly, I have to see him tomorrow, because I would like talk to him. I would like to collect all my courage, my strength and power, and I would like to suck my breath and just get near him, even if it is just for a second.

Something might happen after all, right?

Hope you enjoyed it. Thank you for reading and please, don't forget to vote and comment :) x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322K 17.5K 43
[wattys shortlist 2018] Colton has always hated Alexis. It's as simple as that. Alexis has never hated Colton though, not even after the night havo...
26.4K 871 22
Why is Cupid doing this to me? Why me? ------- Meet Katrina Martin. Katrina is that girl who is the good nerdy girl. Every parent wants this good ner...
20.9K 165 22
a curated compilation of the best wattpad books (not in any specific order)
10.7K 121 33
What if King Agnarr and Queen Iduna were still alive? And what is Elsa and Anna went with their parents on their voyage? Agnarr and Iduna tried to...